[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are french cars unreliable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: twingo.jpg (779KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
twingo.jpg
779KB, 1280x960px
Are french cars unreliable?
>>
Depends on the brand and complexity.
MK1 Twingos tend to be reliable because lolnotechnologyinside and polished engine from the late 60s
>>
>>17105453
Ask my friend who drives a Renault Clio and now has 300 euros worth of broken shit on his car while the used car dealer told him he wouldn't have to worry about the next inspection. Since then the dealer was taken over by someone else and now he's fucked.

This isn't even a meme. His car had a faulty sensor straight from the start that took a lot of time and money to fix, he's lucky he didn't have to pay.
>>
>>17105462
>polished
are you really sure, I've heards a lot of shit about Renault Energy engine.
>>
>>17105518
by polished I mean improved to a point where it actually starts every day
>>
>>17105462
Only the pre-2000 Twingos had the '60s pushrod engine, later ones had a basic as fuck OHC unit.
>>
Yes, absolutely.
>>
>>17105453
My citroen ax I got from my great aunt will probably live on for me to pass it on to my nephew when I buy a new one.
I can't tell you for newer cars.
>>
>>17105453
The whole meme comes from the fact that french carmakers have limited distribution networks outside of France while making sure you can only fix their shit with pieces they provide and nothing else, so any problem will be a big problem not because it is severe for the car, but because getting replacement part will be a pain in the ass.
That said
>tfw 1st gen C3's only failure in over a decade is one of the back doors don't open properly
>>
yes they are as long as you dont get beyond 1995 in terms of design
eg citroen saxo/Peugeot 106 are well off even if it's a 2003 but a first-gen xsara or 206 will fucking assplode
>>
File: 8040931552053241046.jpg (412KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
8040931552053241046.jpg
412KB, 1280x854px
>>17105453
they started getting good again in 2013, but anything made between 2000 and then is a bit shit, not complete shit at all they still made decent stuff, but not as great as they used to be in the early years.
Now they are on par with competition.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.