[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

1993 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.8 with 6 miles on the odometer. Still in factory Cosmoline. How much for a 90s era Porsche that only moved 6 miles?

http://www.rmsothebys.com/ve17/villa-erba/lots/1993-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-38/1702736

>The exclusive Type 964 Carrera RSR, of which only 51 examples were built, was the Turbo-bodied racing version of the Carrera RS. It was fitted with a 3.8-litre type M64/04 RSR-specific engine. This dry-sumped, single-ignition powerplant developed an impressive 350 horsepower and 284 foot-pounds of torque, all fed through an uprated five-speed manual transaxle. Unbiased reviewers viewed those official numbers as very conservative. A more realistic figure, they declared, was at least 375 horsepower. Car and Driver magazine produced a 0–60 mph result of 3.7 seconds, quicker than a Ferrari F40.
>>
>>17100007
I want to say 1.5 million easy, but I'm not too into Porsches to be sure.
>>
File: 1489535835774.jpg (24KB, 240x251px) Image search: [Google]
1489535835774.jpg
24KB, 240x251px
>>17100007
>that interior

what the fuck were they thinking
>>
>350 hp
>0-60 3.7 seconds

Why can't modern cars pull this off? Its just a 90s car after all. Its not even using a dogbox transmission.
>>
>>17100080
Less safety regulations.
>>
>>17100080
Less weight, and 911s have most of the weight pushing down on the rear wheels so they have insane traction.
>>
I'm waiting for the day when the aircooled Porsche bubble just fucking bursts and the market flatlines...
>>
>>17100253
Hope you are patient
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>17100033
>>
>>17100253
I got plenty of time to wait...I'm in no rush to get an aircooled 911 even though I've dreamt of it since I was a kid.
>>
>>17100284
>>17100319
I just replied to myself...eh whatever
>>
The only reason you'd buy this is because you're a ""collector"" and want to ""invest."" If you actually like DRIVING cars you'd have to be a retard, because you could buy one with miles on it for way less and actually enjoy it instead of dropping hundreds of grand then having to replace everything that got fucked when the car sat for 40 years, then kill the "collectible value" by driving it.
>>
>>17100459
Exactly this, people who buy these overpriced Porsche's because of "muh aircooled investment" drive them less than 100 miles and just turn them into garage queens just like how Ferrari 250's are now. My neighbor was going to buy a Ferrari Mondial because he though it'd be a good investment opportunity but axed that plan and went a bought a 2016 BMW M3 cabrio instead.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.