[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ red pill me on the lt1 c4 corvettes Want to get it as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1066.jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1066.jpg
47KB, 600x450px
Hey /o/ red pill me on the lt1 c4 corvettes
Want to get it as a DD and have wondering about its reliability from day to day
>>
>>17098882

Do not buy. Someone on Jalopnix wrote a stupid article saying this would be the new Meme machine. It's a good value until you have to pay your purchase price or more fixing shit like old steering/suspension bits, bushings, Optisparks, failed ZF gearboxes (4L60e is cheaper and easier to replace but it's auto so /o/ will never respect you), etc.

Basically, it's an old car with none of the things that make older cars worth having. They're not easy to work on, parts are not cheap or abundant, they have not aged well like cars 10-15 years older.
>>
>>17098984
But a lot of this stuff was patched up with the 90s model
If anything I know the ZF isn't the greatest and I'd just drop a t58 in it and cal it a day
>>
It's a 30 year old car. You're gonna fix it. They're still quick enough to have a good time, and they handle better than anybody would give them credit for. In pro level autocross they roast e36 m3's all day.
>>
>>17098882
Always buy the nicest example you can afford. They are old so you will have to replace things but they look cool and are moderately powerful so it's a lot better than a new shitbox for 20k.
>>
RED PILL

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Aim for a 95/96; don't go older than 92
the biggest issue is optispark; it's only good for about 100k miles
second biggest issue is FX3 or other active suspension; go for a Z51, base suspension, or aftermarket

It is a very reliable car; but like any used car, find one that was taken car of. Also pay attention to the price; $15k is close to used c5z06 territory.
>>
C5 is the good meme
C4 is a terrible meme
>>
>>17098882
Nice Nissan
>>
>>17100203
You have it backwards you insufferable faggot
>>
>>17099857
Everything around my area is from 4 to 9k for one that's been taken care of
How do find out about the type of suspension they have?
Any recommendations for similar cars?
>>
I'd buy a c5 over a c4 any day, but that's just me.
>>
>>17100562
This guy gets it, C4 zr1
>>
>>17098984
>every old car ever
>>
>>17100567
>c4 zr1
I wish those cars were not so expensive. Boomers want almost 32k for them. It's a great car but not 32k great.
>>
>>17100473
at your prices, there isn't really anything similar that's better. I would say a 4th gen camaro/firebird, but they cost about the same, but have worse performance (specifically handling). It will be a lot easier if the seller knows, but the FX3 was a popular package when the car was new. The world won't end if you get a FX3, but be prepared to replace/repair it, if it isn't already broken. It can be a little pricey; around 1k or so.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.