[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (908KB, 2032x1524px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
908KB, 2032x1524px
I messed up guys. Bought a 2001 VR6 Jetta off a Danish guy yesterday, didn't look at the title too closely and turns out it was a salvage. 100% on me for being a dumbass and not paying closer attention.

The guy was advertising it as clean title aswell as claiming the timing belt, water pump, and clutch were replaced 5k miles ago. There is also a ticking sound in low gear which he claimed was from a loose bracket or whatever on the exhaust. The car also came with a bottle of power steering fluid in the back seat. I filled the fluid tank yesterday but it may be leaking.

Now that I'm stuck with the car, what should I be doing to make sure it runs as far as possible? I figure I'm just going to run it until it dies. I have plenty of experience with maintenance stuff, but I cannot and will not be overhauling the engine, or anything similar.

Is there a checklist or something which I should be going over to take note of what needs work?

pic related but it's not mine
>>
If you have a screenshot of the ad you can possibly take it to small claims court
>>
>>17098605
I will keep this in mind next time I am purchasing a car. Is there something like waybackmachine which archives craigslist posts? Seller already removed it.
>>
>>17098611
No they don't. You can try bluffing and call the seller. Tell him you found out about the salvage title and that you will take this to court unless he compensates $500.
>>
It's a shitbox anyway, just dump it.
>>
>>17098646
Thats too bad. Also, I'm pretty sure he blocked my phone number

>>17098665
You're right, it is a shitbox. I don't have anything else to drive though. I already paid so I may as well get the most out of it as I can
>>
>>17098687
Then drive it, who gives a shit about the title, its not like its a 35k car.
>>
>>17098690
I am going to drive it. I was asking what I should be doing maintenance wise to make sure it runs as far as possibly. Obviously change the oil, but I'm not confident the parts were replaced like he claimed.
>>
File: 1407520883877.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1407520883877.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>17098687
>I'm pretty sure he blocked my phone number
no fucking wonder

>his face right now
>>
>>17098599
Take it to the mechanic you failed to take it to before buying and have him fix what needs to be fixed.
>>
>VR6
>timing belt

ya done goofed. tick is timing chain. you can fix the power steering leak when you drop the engine to fix the timing chain.
>>
>>17098599
Man its a 2001 civic, as long as it works you have no reason to complain. Not like this car is going to gain value. Having a salvage title on somthing as worthless as a 2000 corrolla like yours is no different than a clear title because either way at the end of the day you still have a shitty car from the begining of the millenium. even if it lasts you 6 months you still save money on compared to a new car and at the end of the day your 2002 focus is going to get you where you are going. so I just say that at the end of the day turn that frown upsidedown and be happy with your 1999 sunfire b3cause at the end of the day at l3ast you have a car.
>>
>>17099593
hahahaha
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.