[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I've got a cute little RC car with a stock Mabuchi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: M2_zps399ab902.jpg (79KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
M2_zps399ab902.jpg
79KB, 1024x768px
Hey guys I've got a cute little RC car with a stock Mabuchi Motors 540 brushed motor in it.
I want to upgrade the motor to something stronger, but I'm very ignorant to the subject.

What's a comparable Brushless motor in what turn spec that's going to be right for my upgrade?
13.5? 17.5? When does it start getting to be too much for a 1/10ths scale.

Also, what is a good company or something I should look into when buying brushless so I have something that lasts a long time.
>>
>>17097521
I don't know, because I don't play with RC cars. Try >>>/toy/
>>
>>17097521
get lighter wheels, better tyres, better suspension, chassis stiffening and remove weight before you add power.
You can throw out the spare and start gutting carpets and passanger seats and such if you want to have a full race car
>>
Try 17.5 turns with 3 cells, it will be so fast that it will be almost uncontrollable
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (466KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
466KB, 2880x1800px
>>17097533

I've already ordered aluminum suspension parts that will be adjustable, along with little slick drift tires.
I've upgraded the battery and still lost grams.

This car doesn't have a spare, carpets, or even seats, so I think it's pretty race ready.

>>17097532
you should
>>
>>17097536

Thanks my man, I'm actually kinda going for the uncontrollable since throttle control is easy.
I hear 3 cells are a huge bump in power, and 17.5 is a decent entry class for rc racers. Maybe those people were right.

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>17097537
>I've already ordered aluminum suspension parts that will be adjustable, along with little slick drift tires.
>I've upgraded the battery and still lost grams.
>This car doesn't have a spare, carpets, or even seats, so I think it's pretty race ready.
you can start replacing glass parts with plastic and metal parts with carbon fibre to lose more weight.
Get lightest possible wheels with most mass near center and lightweight tyres, then get to work on losing unsprung mass
Once you've upgraded everything handling and weight wise then consider upgrading power.
You can drop lightweight drive shafts in, lighten flywheels, upgrade to stiffer engine mounts and such.
>>
File: 4.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
Heres mine
>>
>>17097562

Are you autistic enough to be calculating gears and putting metal gears in?
I'm still a bit worried about getting the right gear, and I've already destroyed 1 plastic gear.
How is yours doing?

Mine's on the M-06 tamiya chassis
>>
File: 5.jpg (60KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
60KB, 1000x1000px
>>17097568
I don't know the model but I've blown the esc but when it was working it would easily spin all 4 wheels when accelerating in a straight line and in 2wd would just spin around in circles, I was using a 17.5t brushless motor with 3s.
>>
17.5 will be plenty fast for you
>>
>>17097588
are you saying he's a big guy?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.