[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, Yesterday I drove 3 hours on Australian country roads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: 20170426_220611.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170426_220611.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Hey /o/,
Yesterday I drove 3 hours on Australian country roads (suicidal kangaroos etc), at night, in a 1998 Toyota Starlet in thick fog and pissing rain with frost on the road. Pic related, my view doing 110km/h at midnight.

What are the most dangerous conditions you've driven in?
>>
Drove for an hour in a whiteout snowstorm with 0 visibility on the highway. The drive normally takes 20 minutes.
I cleared off my windows before I left but by the time I managed to get out of the parking lot they had mostly already snowed over, the only thing I could use to see to my rear was the passenger wing mirror
>>
File: 1490679892048.gif (2MB, 178x260px) Image search: [Google]
1490679892048.gif
2MB, 178x260px
>>17096165

The 101 in the carpool lane at night.
>>
>>17096165
Drove around with this going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95tmYmeHf84

Vid not mine.
>>
>>17098036
Another view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrlD22HwPvI
>>
>>17096165
driving into ur mums pussy
>>
Yesterday afternoon on the M40.

Anyone else?
>>
>>17096165
Rode my motorcycle through an old people neighbourhood
>>
File: moose.jpg (163KB, 800x574px) Image search: [Google]
moose.jpg
163KB, 800x574px
lmao Australians think rain and Kangaroos are dangerous...

Try a blizzard with ice, a foot of snow and these fuckers.
>>
File: comfy.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
Probably vid related, was very comfy though.
>>
35cm snowfall ontop of ice
Mountain road
Truck bed is loaded with med-evac equipment, shovels, avalanche probes, blankets and more
Towing a 1.1 ton trailer with aids tires, loaded with snowmobile, med-evac sled, fuel and a "pulk"
Truck is on my shitty set of winter tires (not making that mistake again)

I made it up the mountain, but I almost ditched the whole thing when I went down a very small incline, having the brakes on the trailer engage and getting very close to jacknifing. The way down was just rolling in 4LO and calculating every single turn
>>
>>17100325
>B I R M I N G H A M
>>
clapped out corsa A in a snowy, foggy balkan winter night in a deserted highway with practically no interior
>>
Huge downpour of rain at about 11pm-2am pitch black on country sorta curvy highway. Mismatched almost bald tires in an exploder suv going about 75 the whole way. Nearly no lights on side of road besides other cars, and could barely the relfectors and what not. Even once i got to the city it was raining for another day

>mfw some dude on a sport bike passed me going at least 100
>>
File: no exit.gif (410KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
no exit.gif
410KB, 221x196px
>>17098036
>when it goes pitch black and there's only that faint light behind them
>>
Recently pulled a 5 ton load down a dirt road coming off a mountain.
I-in my half ton pickup
>>
>>17096252
Kek. Did you die?
>>
>>17096252
Which part, SF, LA, SD?

It isn't that bad?
>>
File: 2017-04-27 22.29.52.jpg (475KB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-27 22.29.52.jpg
475KB, 1885x1060px
>>17096165
>1998 toyota starlet
>thick fog
You absolute fucking madman. You can't take that thing into the fog without OEM foglights, you mad cunt.

Nah mate, just kidding. That car is an absolute beast. I feel really sorry for your leg though, keeping the accelerator in one place for 3 hours has to kill your limb. Treat that fucker well man, it won't let you down. Maybe invest in some good sound, it's the only form of entertainment you have in a shitbox on such a trip.

Pic related: regularly take this thing on 2 hour drives with a busted shock. Dealt with the thickest fog ever during one of those trips, but sadly that was before I put the foglights on there.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.