[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2004 wrx sti advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: subbie.jpg (84KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
subbie.jpg
84KB, 480x480px
I have decided I want a wrx sti. I have found a 2004 for sale near me it has 120k miles on it. The seller says it needs a paint job, windshield and rear struts. It has a stage 2 clutch, cobb bpv and 3 inch exhaust. I could get it for around 7k canadian and was just wondering if this is a good deal considering the work that has to be done to it. I was thinking I would get a pre purchase inspection just to be on the safe side if I do decide to purchase it. Anyway thanks for the help.
>>
>>17095916
This is going to be a fun thread.
>>
>>17095916
ask for service records and get inspection with leakdown/compression test. timing belt should have been replaced already
>>
>>17095916
Just
>>
File: IMG_0446.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0446.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>17095916
I'm just going to tell you straight up: you're a fucking idiot for considering an STI for that cheap. Judging by the mods you listed and the description of the car in question, the previous owner probably abused the car on top of improperly maintaining it. It's guaranteed to need an engine rebuild soon, and very likely a new transmission as well. Since you also mention that it needs a paint job and canuck dollars, I'm betting the frame is rusted to shit too. Unless you're prepared, planning, and willing to put in the time and effort into restoring that car, it'll either slowly rot away in your driveway due to you being unable to afford the repairs or you're going to sell it off because it spends all its time in a shop.

Tl;dr: you'll spend at least what you're buying the car for just to make it able to drive to a shop to fix all the other shit that will go wrong with it.
>>
>>17096631
Leakdown/compression tests cost quite a bit with these cars. You'll find out why when you try and change the spark plugs.
>>
>>17095916
>7k leafbucks
>3" exhaust, likely not properly tuned
>stage 2 clutch (have fun revving the piss out of it just to get out of your driveway)
>needs struts and paint job

Why not just buy a well maintained example that won't cost you 10k and countless shop hours to fix? And thats IF it's not rusted to shit, in which case, you might as well part it out and scrap the shell.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-25-09-07-57-1.png (143KB, 1440x579px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-25-09-07-57-1.png
143KB, 1440x579px
>>17095916
Take it from the pros
>>
>>17097161
Well see the thing is is that there literally is no other sti's around this is the only one I can find within 4 provinces. As for rust it's actually From the us there's no rust on it
>>
>>17098431
>it's from the US so no rust
Again, the fact that it needs a new paint job and struts is already red flag for salt damage. You do realize that simply being a car from the US doesn't rule out rust right?

>only STI within 4 provinces
I seriously doubt that, and even if it is true, I'd rather wait for a decent example that won't spend most of its time in a shop. I know guys who've driven as far south as California for a clean unmolested example.
>>
>>17095916
Don't. Subarus are unreliable shit and have no redeeming features except >muh rumble
>>
>>17099580
yes I do realize that it being from the US doesn't rule out rust I'm just telling you what the guy told me.
>>
>>17095916
Go to nasioc
>>
>>17100028
If you go check that car out, check the insides of the rear quarter panels and under the floor liner by the rear struts, those are the most likely spots.

Again, I'm highly advising against buying a modded STI for that cheap unless you're specifically looking to restore it.
>>
>>17095916

Import an STI bugeye with the Ej207 for 11k you) in mint shape you muppet. Why would you not take advantage of our import laws?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.