[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is buying a automatic GT86 the best way to let everyone know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: snazzy motor.jpg (115KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
snazzy motor.jpg
115KB, 900x596px
Is buying a automatic GT86 the best way to let everyone know you're a clueless poser who doesn't actually care about cars?
>>
>>17094030
Yes
>>
That or an automatic corvette
>>
>>17094030
no, you could buy a crossover
>>
>>17094030
So I know the ZF autos that BMW and Audi use are great.

How are the autotragics in nip and american cars?

I've heard ford is shit and Toyota is basically still using the same shit from the 00s.

Is there truth to it?
>>
>>17094038
>automatic corvette
This makes my fucking skin crawl
>>
>>17094030

>Is buying a automatic

Yes.

>GT86

Doubly so.
>>
>>17094030
In California, it's not uncommon to see a bunch of stock, automatic 86's.
>>
File: mob-psycho-ep4-dimples.jpg (274KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mob-psycho-ep4-dimples.jpg
274KB, 1280x720px
>>17094038
>auto Mustang
>auto WRX
>auto GT86
>auto Vette
>auto Miata
>auto Camaro
>auto BMW
>>
File: 1492399110957.jpg (46KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1492399110957.jpg
46KB, 604x453px
Automatic transmission is superior to manual. Deal with it cheap fagg/o/ts
>>
>>17094030
>Is buying a automatic the best way to let everyone know you're a clueless poser who doesn't actually care about cars?
Yes
>>
>>17094204

>Driving a modern automatic is faster, so I'm not going to do the shifting myself!
>My gf using a hitachi wand on herself makes her cum quicker and better, so I'm not going to fuck her myself!

Literally the same thing.
>>
>>17094045
People very often complain about the 86 auto. They say it had a sloppy feel to it but that the manual is tops.

Funny enough people say Hyundai's manual feels the same way but that the auto is great in the GenC, so basically the reverse of the 86.
>>
>>17094081
>auto Miata
this one sounds the worse desu
>>
>>17094045
The Ford 6 speeds are fine, the one I tried was pretty snappy in sport mode but you could still kind of feel the slush.

They're supposed to be switching to all 10 speeds though.
>>
Hmmm yes.
Even if its a luxobarge that suits autos perfectly, you buy that kind of car to pose. So this is the perfect analysis of automatic car owners.
p.s. DSG/PDK is not an auto for this purpose
>>
>>17094204
A top of the line performance automatic WITH MANUAL GEAR SELECTION is superior to A SHITTY SYNCHROMESH MANUAL THE OPERATOR HAS NO CLUE HOW TO USE.

Put your heavy shit dual clutch against a proper lightweight sequential in the exact same car and get BTFO by someoen who can snick-snick-snick up and down the gears unimpeded by brass cones and therefore as fast or faster than you can press your paddles. And then go really top of the line, as in custom built seamless gearboxes, and the manual operator can shift faster. At that point you approach the R&D/production costs of a modern auto.

Automatics are loaded down with needless shit for the automatic shifting feature which is damn useless in anything more complex than a drag race. Unless the car is self driving, it can not decide how to corner by itself. The brain turning the wheel and pressing the pedals has to be the same one choosing the final drive. Don't get me wrong, it can be comfy and luxurious for a soccer mom who accelerates away from lights in a way that would be painfully slow, high-effort short shifting for a manual driver. But automatics are not the best transmission ever. The closest a real racecar ever gets is an automatic clutch.
>>
File: mall crawler.jpg (100KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
mall crawler.jpg
100KB, 800x533px
>>17094030
Offroading it's the opposite. Posers always get manual wranglers
>>
>>17094467
>DSG/PDK is not an auto for this purpose
Opinion discarded.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.