[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crown Vic opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: big boy.jpg (88KB, 636x614px) Image search: [Google]
big boy.jpg
88KB, 636x614px
> Want to buy a Toyota truck
> none in my area or worth the 3k for over 200k miles (or are they?)

What is the "Toyota Truck" of cars? Talking purely on reliability and fun, of course; so no honda civics or toyota corollas.

Could it maybe be pic related? Besides no 5 speed, I could maybe see this is a nice trail warrior. There is a reason why these things were cop cars back then.
>>
>>17089292
>Talking purely on reliability and fun, of course; so no honda civics or toyota corollas.
>reliability and fun
>so no honda civics or toyota corollas
>of course
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>17089305
What I mean is while those cars can be fun on their own terms, I want something that is rwd and parts are abundant. I should of stated that, but I don't think a fwd dirt car would be fun.
>>
>>17089292
>What is the "Toyota Truck" of cars? Talking purely on reliability and fun, of course; so no honda civics or toyota corollas.
A Honda Civic or a Toyota Corolla.

Crown Vics are huge, heavy, not exceptionally powerful for their size, will bottom out on abso-fucking-lutely every pothole, will shift between second and third slower than the time it takes a Civic to reach the speed limit, and at 150k miles the intake manifold will explode, spewing coolant everywhere and fucking you over twice if you don't stop immediately when you see the temp gauge skyrocket. They were used as cop cars because there was a manufacturer-ready police package in the P71, they have lots of space to carry equipment, and their body on frame construction means the car isn't immediately wrecked if it gets in a fender bender or has to PIT someone.
>>
File: toyota.jpg (61KB, 590x333px) Image search: [Google]
toyota.jpg
61KB, 590x333px
>>17089292
Oh right.
>>
>>17089324
>>17089321
I see. I guess I will hold off on the crown vic for anything crazy, but got a question that needs answered.

What is the maximum amount of miles on a toyota truck would you say "Fuck that?" Here's an idea on what I kinda want to buy:

https://ottumwa.craigslist.org/cto/6076017210.html

However, 3.5k for a 91 truck with 214k just seems a little ridiculous.
>>
>>17089311
I don't find a heavy autotragic more fun than a FWD econobox in the dirt.
t. have off roaded a lifted manual Honda Life kei car, lifted manual Toyota Curren, lifted auto Toyota Estima van, stock height auto Diesel Merc, stock height manual VW Beetle, stock height Manual Subaru Forester XT
>most fun ones were the Forester, Beetle, and Curren
>>
>>17089292
>Get a Crown Vic
>buy pre-fab donk lift kit online
>put all terrains on instead of chrome 30" basketball American wheels
>>
>>17089321
>will bottom out on abso-fucking-lutely every pothole
So a car that can hop curbs at 40mph can't take potholes? I don't think you know what you're talking about.
>>
File: Pussy Wagon (2).jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Pussy Wagon (2).jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
I may be biased but the Mercedes Benz W123 chassis will serve you well particularly the Diesels.
I have had very few problems with my 1983 300D.

mine has 449,800ish miles and is still running well. Everything works expect the power locks and cruise control too.
>>
>>17089641
Because they get cvpi's with the same shocks and springs they left the auction with, and never actually change them out. Or they get a civvy CV or GM and try to hit curbs at 40 and cry because it's not cop stronk.

>>17089822
I wish I had the money to get into that now, but even raggedy looking ones are going for around $5000 near me and I'm too stingy to pay.
>>
>>17089840
>I wish I had the money to get into that now

Fuuuuuuuck! That sucks. I paided $2300 for that one but I got lucky. Shitty ones here in FL go for 1-2k. Probably remnants from all the old retired rich people.
>>
>>17089873
Wait, where are you? St. Pete, the last one I bothered to go looking at was like $4500 and completely ratted out.
>>
>>17089822
You might just have the faggiest rear window sticker of all time
>>
>>17089881
Jacksonville. I bought mine 2 years ago. Maybe the prices have gone up lately.
>>
>>17089641
Interceptors have an inch taller ride height than the normal cars, which comes from stiffer suspension so when it wears out (read: right around when the cars are sold) they're sagging like any other Panther.
>>
>>17089895
Fucking good eye you got there LOL
>>
>>17089840
>>17089934
So perform maintenance on your newly purchased vehicle? I don't see the issue.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.