[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk me out of it /o/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 944 LT1.png (1MB, 1294x946px) Image search: [Google]
944 LT1.png
1MB, 1294x946px
Talk me out of it /o/
>>
>>17086561

>Take shitty unreliable car
>Put reliable engine in it

What's not to love? Buy it before someone else does.
>>
>>17086561
wtf i love buying houses now
>>
>>17086561
Do it if you trust someone else's work. I'd try to get a bit lower of price. Also the swap kinda ruins the dynamic of the car, I had a s2 and it was made for long, curvy country roads and still being a practical dd. The extra weight and power kinda ruins that but you do you.
>>
That's actually not too bad, price is quite high though. There's a 944 rolling chassis listed for 700 bucks in my area. Modified cars lose all collector value, keep that in mind.
>>
>>17086561
Pretty cool, senpai. I would, as long as you like the look of the car. Any car with a V8 swap is instantly 110% better than it was before. Especially, one with a shitty stock engine that was known for being a hot mess of dookie.
>>
>>17086590
>Weight

Aren't GM engines only slightly heavier than the original I4? I also like the appeal of having a more reliable engines, no more bi-yearly timing belt changes.

>>17086597
It's either an Swap 944 or a 951 by the way of a 944 with god power, and 951s run $10k minimum, and swap engines tend to be more reliable.
>>
>>17086561
>pay me for the mods I've done despite you having no idea about my mechanical abilities

Nah. People like this are fucking retards. I didn't tell you to drop a v8 in it so why should I pay you a premium because you decided to on your own?

>all gauges work properly
>all work maticously performed with no expense spared or corners cut
>oops just kidding it doesn't even have a functioning odometer

>this conversion is super awesome
>so awesome in fact that I never drove it after doing it
>but it's so fun to drive obviously

Retard alert written all over this thing. The fact you're even considering it tells me you're also retarded and possibly live in a trailer.
>>
>>17086611
Not sure where you are but in Southern California there are a bunch of old off year porches to be had for pennies. 924,928,944's all go for nothing here, especially an empty shell.
>>
>>17086611
>no more bi-yearly timing belt changes.

>swap engines tend to be more reliable

Idk, I had my S2 for 6 years and it was my daily and never had a single issue, other than the clutch dying (wearable item, transmission) and my cv joints snapping multiple times (launching it, I treated it like shit). Hell, I was a complete faggot and only changed the oil twice in those 6 years because I was an idiot, lazy kid. Still no issues. Also I thought it was ls swaps in particular that were closer to the weight of the 4 since they're aluminum, LT is heavier? Especially a pre 88, car is 2700 pounds and you want to keep it that way.
>>
>>17086561

>NO EXPESNSE SPARED!

I fucking doubt it
>>
>>17086561
>50 year old sports car
Need I say anymore.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.