[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to fill up the tank once a week, and it costs ~$80 every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 16

File: NECS11-0670.jpg (140KB, 672x448px) Image search: [Google]
NECS11-0670.jpg
140KB, 672x448px
I need to fill up the tank once a week, and it costs ~$80 every time. I cannot afford $80 a week for fuel.

How do I make this thing not consume so much fuel?
>>
You have a 4 door R34, it's literally one step above driving an R33-20e-auto-goes-hunnitz-g in the ladder of gay as fuck RB powered cars. Fuck off, your car is fucking gay and you are too.
>>
>>17084768
Replace it with a more fuel-efficent car. This thing isn't meant to save fuel, its meant to go fast.

Sorry but it sounds like you can't afford your car.

OR:

Maybe don't daily your (I assume, otherwise why would you drive that) dream car.
Get a cheap daily driver. That way you wont beat up your car as well.
>>
>>17084805
Nah doesnt work as well as you think.
By the time you factor in costs for insurance and decent gear, you've already paid for fuel for a year.
And then comes the inconvenience of having a motorbike.
Little to no luggage, without spending more money. Needing to have waterproof shit. And good luck taking someone else with you, unless you want to carry around a spare helmet with you all the time
>>
>>17084768
Buy a Twingo
>>
Buy a Jazz
>>
>>17084781
Rude.

>>17084799
Yeah it's my daily driver, but not quite my dream car. Just one of the only Skylines I can drive until I'm old enough to drive a turbo version/GTR.

>>17084805
I'll probably die within a week of owning a motorbike if I ride one.

>>17084810
No thanks.
>>
>>17084816
How much do you drive? I spend around $90 every two weeks with a 5.7L V8 and i do ~400km around town driving with lots of hills. And lots of revs.
>>
>>17084816
Then get rid of it, drive a cheap, gas saving shitbox and save up for the time you can get your dream car.
>>
>>17084768
Im gonna assume you're young seeing as you cant afford $80 a week in fuel and yet you have a skyline but not a gtr because you're too young to legally own one yet. How about not owning a car which costs $80 a week if you cant afford it just because you want a skyline.
Although a tip on saving fuel is that you don't need to rev to redline to shift up and things like burnouts and foot ons aren't doing you any good
>>
>>17084816
>Just one of the only Skylines I can drive until I'm old enough to drive a turbo version/GTR
You're already complaining about the cost of ownership, and you're going to get a more expensive version? It seems that you need a reality check so that you can synchronize your desires and needs.

You stated you cannot afford $80 per week for fuel. If that is a true statement, then you'll have to drive less since you obviously refuse to get rid of the car. Insurance costs less if one pays quarterly or yearly instead on a monthly installment.

You'll just have to combine more trips together instead of making separate joy ride trips for each item.

You'll also need to change your driving style from aggressive starts and aggressive brakes as those represent not just lost energy but lost opportunity to save fuel. I got 18 mpg in my new car but switched the central display to show instantaneous MPG and gradually trained myself to move up to 24 mpg. It's still well below what the car is advertised to give, but I've gotten a huge lot better percentage-wise. If consumer reports can get 32mpg in their actual city driving, then I have my work cut out for me since I don't think my car is defective. I suspect you can improve your driving a lot to pare down that $80 cost.
>>
>>17084816
Anyone who says they would die on a bike, is an idiot.
>>
>>17084818
At least ~350km a week, 250 of which is just for commuting to uni and back.

>>17084822
But I like my car right now, even if it isn't my dream car.

>>17084829
Yeah I'm only 18. I've got a part time job which I use to pay for my phone bill, fuel, insurance, etc.

And yeah I do rev to redline and launch at the stop light quite a bit so I guess it's pretty bad.

>>17084836
I'm hoping that once I finish uni and am old enough to legally own a GTR, I'd have an actual job instead of the shit one I've got now which would allow me to afford the GTR.

>>17084836
Yeah I gues you're right. Now that I think about it I do make a lot of useless trips. And a lot of kms are used up when driving around with my friends at night.
>>
File: periodic-table-front.jpg (793KB, 3312x2552px) Image search: [Google]
periodic-table-front.jpg
793KB, 3312x2552px
>>17084768
>tfw have two cars
>tfw can afford to run both
>tfw £100 in two days
>in one car
>and didn't actually do or get anything out of it

Get a better fucking job OP.

Also which shittart country are you in that you can not drive any fucking car once you pass your test??
>>
>>17084856
I'm only 18, can't get a better job if I wanted to.

And I live in Victoria, Australia. I think there might be another state that allowed turbo Skylines to be driver by 18-22 year olds, but definitely not Victoria. Something to do with power to weight needing to be at 130kW (or less) per tonne.
>>
File: 250.jpg (162KB, 1312x592px) Image search: [Google]
250.jpg
162KB, 1312x592px
>>17084768
Did you not do a full cost analysis before buying it OP? What kind of faggot are you?
>>
>>17084850

Or just smart enough to know their limitations.

t. bike owner
>>
Catch the bus or train and drive your skyline on the weekends.
>>
>>17084768
As mr. Jeremy so called Clarkson said, don't change the car, change your driving style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F04MXepYiBs
>>
>>17084799
This, except the fast bit.

All non-GT-R Skidlines are slow.

Buy a Corolla or similar and reap the savings as it doesn't use nearly as much fuel.
>>
Ls2 swap, you will get better mpg and have more power.

You need to change your driving style. You are being stupid. Stupid because you are making decisions on what you want instead of what you can afford, both in your car choice and driving style. If this represents your thinking you should drop out of uni and learn to weld or plumb.

My friend had an rx-8 that got horrible gas mileage. But he really liked the car, loved driving it but it just got too expensive. So he sold it and got something more efficient, a 911.
>>
Get rid of it. Had a 25de 33 coupe. Couldn't make it good on gas.
>>
>>17084768
Get yourself a kei-car, like Daihatsu Mira or anything like that (just don't get a CVT or Auto, they usually suck).

Most key cars are very light, like 600-700 kilos and still fast enough to commute. You'll save tonns of $$$ on gas. That's for sure.
>>
>>17084854
drive slower.
>>
>>17084881
teach us
>>
>>17084949
This
>>
>>17084993
I was thinking kei cars with like 0.66 N/A engines are pure crap until a friend of mine bought one (he got it with manual transmission) and gave me a ride.

I was surprised it accelerates pretty good and faster than cars like Toyota Passo 1.0L aka Daihatsu Boon
>>
>>17084768
Australian, right?

>Can't afford $80/week for gas
Is it normal to be this poor in Australia? I somehow got the idea that life in Aus was nearly as good as the USA but that's just pathetic.
>>
>>17085031
Yep, Australia. I'm an 18 year old university student with a shitty part-time job. I gotta pay for my phone bill ($120 a month), car insurance ($202 a month), and fuel (~$320 a month).

If I wasn't living at home with my parents then I'd have killed myself by now because I wouldn't be able to afford living.
>>
>>17085034
Move to the United States. From the sounds of it, you'll earn more money, pay less for cost of living, and we have lots of V8s as well.

Also, who the fuck has a $120/month phone bill? That's outrageous even by Ausfag standards.
>>
If you change the air in your tires every two weeks you should see about 25% improvement in gas mileage.
>>
>>17085038
But anon, that would require spending a ton of money to buy plane tickets, find an apartment, and not to mention find a job.

Also, I wouldn't have my R34 if I moved to the US.

And yeah if you want a plant with a decent amount of mobile data per month, you gotta pay a bunch of money.
>>
>>17084933
Please stop ls2 doesn't fix everything you Cuck
>>
>>17085034
You're fucking stupid living above your means, my little brother who's at uni still has a pass me down iphone 4s and drives a 2014 Mitsubishi mirage, white, manual, you gotta realize what you can afford and whats realistic. downsize your phone contract and car and stop bitching bout it privileged little princess
>>
>>17084768
Get a different DD, a I6 turbo with permanent AWD isn´t going to be fuel efficient.
>>
>>17084850
All the more reasons to not ride one
>>
>>17085061
How much data is "decent"? Do you not just use the wireless at your parents house?
>>
>>17085081
He must not, I pay 50$ and get 10GB a month with Vodafone.
>>
>>17085081
Well, the provider I'm with (Vodafone) has plans that either get you to pay $40 for the plan, and the rest for the phone, or $80 for the plan, and the rest for the phone. I'm on a plan that gets me 15GB, and most of the $120 goes to paying the plan, with the rest to the phone.
>>
File: 1481004128915.jpg (61KB, 540x366px) Image search: [Google]
1481004128915.jpg
61KB, 540x366px
>>17085086
>>17085092
I pay 3,99€/month with Aldi Talk...
>>
File: sad-tiger.jpg (54KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
sad-tiger.jpg
54KB, 640x425px
>>17084933
>You need to change your driving style. You are being stupid. Stupid because you are making decisions on what you want instead of what you can afford, both in your car choice and driving style. If this represents your thinking you should drop out of uni and learn to weld or plumb.
>>17085069
>You're fucking stupid living above your means, my little brother who's at uni still has a pass me down iphone 4s and drives a 2014 Mitsubishi mirage, white, manual, you gotta realize what you can afford and whats realistic. downsize your phone contract and car and stop bitching bout it privileged little princess

absolutely.

it makes me sad when people like OP are filing threads like this:

> I'm dumb, I have a shitty job, I can't afford anything, please HALP

well, get a better job, if you can't because you're that dumb then stop spending $$$ on shit
>>
>>17085102
Well I can't get a better job until I get my degree, and even then it's not a guarantee. And the payments I make now are basically the essentials. I need to pay for my phone plan, I need to pay for fuel so I can commute, and I'm not going to drive an uninsured car.
>>
>>17084768
Poorfag, I daily a 750, need to fill up the thing for 150€ every week because fuck fuel economy t. BMW

Also, remove the engine and drop in a D24TIC or some OM606 engine for sick em pee gees.
>>
>>17085092
Buy the phone outright and byo to a plan,you don't need 15gb of data, you'd save a heap by as soon as you get home switch your mobile data off and only use wifi. you don't need the fucking latest phone, you can get by on a 5s even. Princess.
>>
>>17085110
HOLY SHIT THE ESSENTIALS ARE YOU GETTING FROM A TO B AND HAVE A PHONE TO BE IN CONTACT WITH THE WORLD NOT DRIVING A SKYLINE OR HAVING THE LATEST PHONE JESUS
>>
>>17085117
Yeah I always use WiFi while at home, but I've got my mobile data on when I'm out. I use it for social media, Apple Music, etc.

>>17085120
Well to be fair the essentials and wants sort of go hand in hand. And I mean come on guys, it's kind of embarrassing as an 18 year old to have an iPhone 5S or older at this point.
>>
>>17085110
Untill I finished studieng mechanical engineering, I´ll keep driving my prius tier mpg econobox, my shitty phone and my 150mb internet flatrate.
>>
>>17085124
this is definitely bait
>>
>>17085102
>Just get a better job
Yeah man, just get a job as a ceo; i hear they earn stacks and you'll probably get a company car / fuel, so it'll fix both problems.
>>
>>17085124
>have an iPhone 5S or older at this poin
You're legit trolling now. You're a kid, a spoilt privileged one at that. I'm done, no point.
>>
>>17085124
I have a galaxy grand prime, it is about as old as the Iphone 5S, but was 150€ back then.
>inb4 3rd world
germany/netherlands aren´t 3rd world
>>
>>17085124
>embarassing to have proven, reliable technology
>giving a shit about the latest phone
I have had the same 5s for 4 years and I'm 21. this is why you're broke.
>>
>>17085134
>>17085139
Why would I make this thread and all these replies just as bait/trolling?

I'm serious, how old are you guys? Because 18 year olds, at least the ones I know, would make fun of other 18 year olds who use outdated technology, even by just one generation.
>>
>>17085124
???? What
In no world is the latest iPhone essential.
I'm 18, ive had no problems owing a flip phone my entire life.
>>
>>17084809
>taking someone else with you

faggot
>>
>>17085110
>Well I can't get a better job until I get my degree, and even then it's not a guarantee. And the payments I make now are basically the essentials. I need to pay for my phone plan, I need to pay for fuel so I can commute, and I'm not going to drive an uninsured car.

Learn something to get a better job, you degree means nothing if you can't do shit.

Get a cheaper car, do not spend that much on a phone, do not waste your time fooling around and burning gasoline.
>>
>>17085148
You're friend's are shit if you are that worried they would make fun of you that much for having an older phone. 120 a month for a phone plan is fucking retarded for a student working part time
>>
>>17085138
>Yeah man, just get a job as a ceo; i hear they earn stacks and you'll probably get a company car / fuel, so it'll fix both problems.

Bright students tend to earn more than an average engineer with a degree in my company (software engineering mainly).

What is your part job?
>>
you are cancer

live within your means dipshit
>>
File: Volkswagen-Passat-(3).jpg (59KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Volkswagen-Passat-(3).jpg
59KB, 640x426px
>>17084768

>drive less

Or get a beater diesel as a DD. You can buy a B5 Passat with MOT available as long as 2018 for 1000-1500 euros.
You will get your money back fast.

If you are amerifat and don't have access to a B5 1.9tdi Passat, just buy urself a cheap, working mid-sized diesel.
>>
>>17084768
Gut it and remove as much weight as you can.
And change your driving style. to be more conservative.
>>
>>17084768
you own that car but can't afford $80 a week in fuel? Fucking pussy ass nigger cuck! It's like a sixteen year old kid who buys a corvette but can't gas it / repair it. IF you can't afford $80/week in fuel you are going ruin that car by being a poorfag hoon fuckboi who will put on a big fart can muffler or two and will ruin the aesthetics of the car.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>17087379
no such thing, officially anyway

autech (a tuning company) made their own

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autech
>>
>>17087379

that's why I bought g37x :(

also because it's a lot cheaper :)
>>
>>17084781
Actually a really cool car if you have friends.
>>
>>17085067

It literally does most the time. A junkyard ls will get you to 700hp for a fuck of a lot cheaper than a RB. While using less fuel. inb4 skyrine engines will into 1900hp on stock block and internals with the boost cranked up.
>>
Buy a 2k cavalier
>>
>>17084854
get your friends to buy you gas then faggot
>>
File: Proud of BOXER.jpg (91KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Proud of BOXER.jpg
91KB, 1024x768px
>>17084768

1. Drive at 1.9 RPM in highest gear possible (depending on speed limit)
2. Remove backseats and other crap you are caring with you to reduce weight
3. Learn to roll towards traffic light instead of hitting the breaks last moment
>>
>>17084854
>Now that I think about it I do make a lot of useless trips. And a lot of kms are used up when driving around with my friends at night.

Only do your shopping when you drive to or from work. And since your friends seem to use you as their car ride, you have to stop doing that. Sometimes, people try to make it hard for you to say no, but you can say you have to stick to a budget now that you are saving money towards education classes. If those people only associate with you because of your car, then are they friends or just acquaintances looking for resources to use? You'll just have to cut the trips with them down to once per week at most. Well, that will make the outings more special hopefully.
>>
>>17087419
>1900 hp stock block/internals

Niggas wish they could even do half that
>>
>>17084891
"I'm smart because I'm immature"
>>
>>17085124
>to be fair the essentials and wants sort of go hand in hand. And I mean come on guys, it's kind of embarrassing as an 18 year old to have an iPhone 5S or older at this point.

What you actually need is to stop watching shows like "Keeping Up With the Kardashians". You spend way too much on your Apple media services, social media, and other phone data services.

Your need to browse the internet via your expensive phone plan is also part of the problem. On your way to work, you can stop at the public library for the free WiFi. On the way back home from work, you can stop at the public library again to catch up. And of course your university student access comes with campus internet.

As soon as you say it's embarassing to have an iPhone 5S or older, there is something wrong with the types of "friends" you have. You drive them around and let them borrow your phone too? I think you are trying to live too large. A sign of that is whenever someone says "it's embarassing to have anything less than the latest phone" or "I can't be seen without a Gucci bag" or "Anything less than a R34 Turbo is beneath me". You're starting to reach that point.
>>
>>17087728
Pretty much this, get over yourself and live within your means.

If your friends look down on you for trying to live affordably then they're not really friends, are they.

An expensive phone isn't a need, neither is a fancy car. If you can't be honest with yourself about what you actually 'need' then I think you've got problems.

>>17087379
It's not a GT-R, it's not even a GTS-t.

He's got the Japanese equivalent of an old Taurus.
>>
Teenager doesn't know how to be a jew... big news
Why is this thread getting replies
>>
>>17085153
What, you dont want qt grills to ride your bike, then ride your dick?
>>
>>17084854
Drive less like a retard and skip gears. It's like you're trying to justify all the stereotypes about P platers.

Don't bother with a GT-R, if you can't afford the gas for an NA Skyline you certainly can't afford the cost of a 15-25 year old GT-R that has probably already been skidded into curbs by retards like you.

These threads almost convince me that it's a good thing that americlaps are driving up the prices of Skylines.
>>
>>17084949

I was under the impression that Kei cars had shit fuel economy due to always revving the shit out of it just to keep up with traffic.?
>>
>>17087941
Unless you drive them at excessive speeds on the Autobahn, they do quite well.
Also they don´t need much power to keep up since they weight close to nothing.

t. drives 68hp kei like car
>>
File: mira.jpg (82KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
mira.jpg
82KB, 800x450px
>>17087941
>I was under the impression that Kei cars had shit fuel economy due to always revving the shit out of it just to keep up with traffic.?

Not at all, these 0.66L engines are getting very advanced, like having VVT on intake and exhaust cams. Manufactures are managing to get nice torque curve and fuel economy.

I can speak of Daihatsu Mira, it's hard to impossible to get anything worse than ~6-7L/100km, even if going like 120-130km/h. and with four people in it.

I get 20-25L/100km in city traffic in my 350z

>The newest one to hit dealerships is the 7th-gen Daihatsu Mira, which is noteworthy in that the non-turbocharged version, sporting a CVT and the 58-horsepower 658cc KF-VE 3-cylinder with variable valve timing, has a fuel economy rating of 27 kilometers per liter. That's 63.5 miles per gallon, people -- without any electronic trickery, costly hybrid powertrains, or fancypants alternative fuel source. Color us impressed.
>>
>tfw only getting 15.5 mpg city in my V6 mustang when it's """possible""" to get 19
>>
>>17084809
You sound like the kind of person that thinks you need an $800 luggage "system" for a sportbike, and full racing gear right down to boots so stiff you can't walk in them and leathers so tight you're practically locked into the riding position.

Asia already has this bike commuting thing figured out
>>
>>17088376
Don't forget the obligatory white motorcyclist thing where they buy perf leather, then a waterproof armored textile jacket, instead of just putting a light coat over their $500 leather jacket that's absolutely necessary for the common occurence of lowsiding at 80mph
>>
>>17088292
My almost kei car (litteraly only to whide and too high displacement) got the worst fuel economy when I was driving a average speed of 160km/ or 100mph for a full tank of gas with its 1.0L 68 hp engine on the german Autobahn always reving around 6000rpm.
I got 7L/100km or 33,6mpg.
>>
reading through this thread (and others) I've come to the conclusion that straya is a fucking shithole of a country for car people.
jesus christ, all these rules and regulations and limitations, I'm amazed you poor fucks even get to drive cars...

why is australia so draconian with car rules?
>>
File: rBVaGFZejviAaWNzAAC9aE487zA261.jpg (49KB, 613x535px) Image search: [Google]
rBVaGFZejviAaWNzAAC9aE487zA261.jpg
49KB, 613x535px
>>17084768
This is all you need OP
>>
>>17088669
Because we're borderline retarded.

We can't even go more than 100km/h on the highway.
>>
>>17088376
>Asia already has this bike commuting thing figured out
i wish riding a scooter/bike was normal in North America too

until it is, I can only imagine how terrifying it is to ride one when 99% of drivers out there don't expect to see one on the road, never mind Winter conditions.
>>
>>17088669
>for car people
For anyone who enjoys having any sort of freedom at all, not just guys who like cars
>>
>>17084768
Ride the bus like a normie.
>>
File: 417GvHOgrjL._SX355_.jpg (16KB, 355x256px) Image search: [Google]
417GvHOgrjL._SX355_.jpg
16KB, 355x256px
>>17088718
>that
>have 2 outlets
>pic related x2
>that x4

I can save up to 60% of something! Wow!
>>
>>17089701
If I ride the bus then I need to spend 4 hours a day, 3 days a week on public transport. I don't want to do that.
>>
File: sheep2.jpg (62KB, 490x395px) Image search: [Google]
sheep2.jpg
62KB, 490x395px
>>17088376
>Asia already has this bike commuting thing figured out
What about Australia?
>>
>>17088376
Nobody "needs" an $800 luggage system. But a bike is simply less convenient than a car for pretty much everything. Its a hobby method of transport.
Asians just dont have any choice because their governments charge the fuck out of them for anything bigger than a 125cc scooter.
>>
>>17084919
>All non-GT-R Skidlines are slow.

\\God, people here are retarded.
>>
>>17085102
You're a fucking retard.

He is studying to get a real job and will probably earn much more money than you ever will with whatever shitty entry level "job" such as garbage truck driver, labourer or cleaner that you do.
>>
>>17090674
Alrighty then, all Skylines are slow ;^)
>>
buy a motorcycle to commute on

/thread

i cant believe theres people on this board that only own one car lmao. i thought this was an enthusiast board.
anyone who doesnt have a DD plus one or more project / fun cars should leave immediately.
>>
>>17091125
Slows only like relative man...
>>
>>17084768
Jesus 80 bucks a week? You must be driving like 2k miles a month
>>
>>17089674
>obeying speed limits
Also do you live in Tasmania?
Most highways are 110km/h.
>>
>>17088669
For young drivers (P platers) yes there are engine/turbo/power to weight restrictions but for the rest of us it's not as bad some people make it out to be.
>>
>>17085034
Get a $40 a month phone plan
Get a cheap (under $5k) fuel efficient 4 banger until you're off your P's, then buy whatever the fuck you want
Get third party insurance for cheap 4 banger - under $50 a month? can't remember for 18 year olds
>>
>>17084949
i'd get an old, fairly comfy car rather than a small light one for regular long commuting.

sub compacts are fukken shit for commuting
>>
>>17088669
It's because you're massively more likely to off yourself in a car if you're under 22. There was a moderate media scare about young driver deaths, like 8 years ago. So the government implemented a bunch of restrictions on the cars and bikes P platers can ride / drive.

Watching stuff like Roadkill or that guy with the stanced miata blow my mind though, i can't believe they can get away with that shit in the US.
>>
>>17091172
Fuel is like $1.30 a litre in aus, which is equal to like 4 bucks usd a gallon; so it ads up
>>
>>17084768
Get a Prius, or even better, a Tesla
>>
I dailied an FD when I was at uni. It cost around £80 a week, somewhere around 150USD.

I sacrificed things because I really love my FD, if your car isn't worth that then get rid of it.
>>
>>17088669
you are clueless

>>17089674
stop posting anytime
>>
>>17089674
Victorian detected.
>>
>>17084854
>>17085034
what the fuck

Im 18, live in south australia, pay $45 a fortnight petty ( sometimes $45 every 10 days if i drive alot that week), pay $50 a month insurance and $30 a month for prepaid phone credit. I drive a 92 Integra, which is no R34 i know, but fuck now im glad i dont have a r34.

Either cancel your retarded phone plan and get a cheap prepaid phone
OR sell your car and get a cheaper 4 banger
OR get a better job

Seriously wtf is wrong with you, trying to live like a Japanese gangster on daddys money. Real people arent instagram models dude.
You probably arent making ANY savings either?
What about when your skyline breaks...and by the way you drive sounds like its probably going too.
>>
>>17091188
Nha, Victoria.

>>17091290
I can't afford a Tesla. I also enjoy driving, so getting a Tesla would be a waste.

>>17091403
How'd you know?

>>17091412
I can't cancel my plan for the next 21 months cause it's on a contract, and I can't get a job that'll pay much better than what I'm getting from Coles right now.

I pretty much spent all my savings when I bought the car, so now I only have a couple hundred. But yeah I know that I need to start saving up much more in case something happens to the car.
>>
>>17088666
7L/100km or 33mpg isn't bad at all

what do you get on average?
>>
Get a Polo 9N 1.4 as a second car. It has a stupidly low fuel econ(something like a 4-5 L/ 100km) and if you know how to drive it you can go even lower. It s not the fastest thing in the world but the turbo helps it and most people won t expect it to go as fast as it does
>>
>>17091412
Very good point made here

OP I bet you're sinking ALL your money into shit like your phone and your car and you're not even really able to save. Live within your fucking means until you get a better job. There's no shame in budgeting. Also it sounds like your friends use you for rides, ask them to pony up.
>>
>>17091479
man, you really fucked yourself into a corner financially. How much a month are you able to put into your savings?
>>
>>17090395
bitch
>>
>>17084854
I get 10 mpg, drive more miles, and spend less on fuel.

Stay mad yuros
>>
>>17091964
I make around $900 a month, and around 70% of that goes to just bills and fuel, with the rest going to either my savings or expenses.

So yeah, not much.
>>
>>17091889
This.

I have a polo 6R 1.2 TDi. When I think about my driving I can get around 3.7L/100km, around 1100km for 45 euros.

Also, 6.5L/100km when driving around 170/180 on the autobahn.
>>
>>17091195

>For young drivers (P platers) yes there are engine/turbo/power

>tfw XT Forester is perfectly legal on P's because it's turbo'd for the purposes of "fuel efficiency"

>tfw Insurance is the same as a regular Forester

>tfw your first car is literally your dream car and because Subaru can't into new design i've literally got all the spares i'll need to keep it running until petrol powered vehicles are outlawed

I just wish it wasn't so hard to find a nice GT that didn't have half a million k's on it with fucked clear coat, always liked the look of those.

Also P plate legal.
>>
>>17091140
>i thought this was an enthusiast board
It is. Plenty of people have cars and tinker on them. Even shop owners have posted in various threads from time to time.

>>17091263
>i can't believe they can get away with that shit in the US.
Various freedoms are protected to different degrees in different USA states. The freedom to work on one's own vehicle to make it unique has been a long cherished freedom since the beginning of covered wagons century after century. The covered wagons now have metal roofs, ICE, and horsepower no longer means two horses in front pulling. But the freedom to modify still remains and many voters would scream if that freedom was taken away.
>>
>>17084768
>I cannot afford $80 a week for fuel.
Just north of you is Singapore. You have to apply (fee required) to get permission to own a car. If you do get permission, you are issued a piece of paper that has a 10 year permission limit and currently costs approx $50,000 to obtain. That's just for permission and that permission to have a car lasts only 10 years unless you do something to get permission revoked.
>>
>>17092226
>Dream car
>Forester
Nigga, wut?
>>
>>17093287
It's not a dick measuring contest and Swiss-China is a shithole anyway.
Better move to the UAE if that's the kind of places you like.
>>
>>17084768
>How do I make this thing not consume so much fuel?

1. Your $120 / month cellphone plan is the problem here. You can sign up for a cheaper plan and have that company buy out your existing contract. Or look online for various methods to exit the contract.

2. $80 per week for gasoline for a part time job is far too high. It's like you're a taxicab for others. You didn't mention if you lived over 50 miles one-way from your part time job, but that $80/week gas tab says you do.
>>
>>17084781
Jesus christ they actually made 4 door r33 20e autos? That sounds so fucking bad
>>
Shoulda done what I did. Bought a ford falcon on lpg which costs $40 to fill up and lasts two weeks then buy a skyline turbo for weekends
>>
>>17094836
Well, I live 50km away from my university, so that's 100km a day, 300km a week. Just for university. And my gas tank only lasts about 300km before it needs to be filled up, and it costs $85 to fill up the tank.

My workplace is 10km away which isn't really that far though.
>>
>>17095145
My parents were trying to get me to buy this Holden Commodore with LPG for the same price as the Skyline, but I decided not no.

Also because Holden is shit. I was even looking at some nice XR6s, but the only good one within my price range was sold before I could have a look at it in person.
>>
>>17095665

Where the fuck do you live and why is gas so expensive? You might as well diesel swap it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WALWQ59o7w
>>
>>17095711
I live in Victoria, Australia.

If I'm remembering correctly, one of the last gas stations I went to had 98 octane for $1.65 per liter.
>>
>>17095745

That's not much more than what gas costs in Canada. That's horrific fuel mileage though. That's like 6.2l gas pickup tier. Worth it for a 250hp sedan?
>>
>>17095665
why don't you live on campus? or are you living with your parents and not paying rent?
>>
>>17091804
>7L/100km or 33mpg isn't bad at all
It is pretty bad, my average is 4,5L/100km or 66mpg, I could go lower than 4L/100km, but it would be boring.
>>
>>17095844
You're probably right, if it wasn't a Skyline then I probably wouldn't think it's worth it.

>>17095858
It costs $300 a week to live on campus, and all the dorms are inhabited by international Chinese students.

And yeah I live with my parents, they don't care that I don't pay rent. I had actually planned on moving out after finishing high school but they insisted I stay at home.
>>
>>17085110
spotted your first problem anon
https://se7en.neocities.org/articles/cellphones.html
>>
>>17096262
yeah and you drive a 1L cuckmobile
>>
>>17084768
>paying $80 a week for a car that looks that shitty and performance terribly
>>
>>17084768
Take the bus or bike somewhere.

Sincerely,

/n/
>>
File: trump supporters.jpg (196KB, 1200x1195px) Image search: [Google]
trump supporters.jpg
196KB, 1200x1195px
>>17096405
>people still unironically saying "cuck"
>>
>>17096777
If I take the bus I'd have to travel for 4 hours a day.
>>
>>17084768
>I need to fill up the tank once a week, and it costs ~$80 every time.
You need to use the bus system since you live in the metropolitan area. With bus transfers, you can get to the university from your house. What you do is drive your car to some spot in the city where you can more conveniently catch a bus. I don't know where the "park and rides" for your area are located, so it's up to you to find them. Thus, you end up only driving 10 or less miles per day which is a huge savings despite having to buy a monthly or quarterly bus pass to take advantage of the discount fare.
>>
File: Wut.jpg (29KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Wut.jpg
29KB, 1280x720px
>>17096977
>If I take the bus I'd have to travel for 4 hours a day.
You keep coming up with excuses to NOT save money. Anything that is inconvenient you immediately rule out as impossible and unacceptable. You do your reading on the bus or review items for the exam or re-check homework answers on the bus. You are sitting down and you have the space of your lap plus the books sit on top of the backpack that rests on your thighs so it is a convenient height to read.

If you keep coming up with reasons why you cannot or must not use ways to save money, then you are one of those classic people who refuse to live within their means as well as wasting the thoughtfulness of people in the thread trying to suggest ways to solve the problem.

As for the 4 hours, you can shave that down depending on where you drive your car to pick up the bus route that has the fewest or best-timed transfers. You don't merely require a bus all the way from your neighborhood bus stop. If driving your car several miles into the city gives you a bus stop that shaves 30 minutes each way, then that's what you do to take advantage of your flexibility.
>>
>>17097127
He doesn't want to give up his lifestyle, what the reason behind that is we may never know.

If you don't do something, nothing changes.
>>
>>17096262
>It is pretty bad, my average is 4,5L/100km or 66mpg, I could go lower than 4L/100km, but it would be boring.

What car do you drive? I was thinking about getting cheap kei-car, like Dahatsu HiJet, easy to find a park space in the downtown/city, extremely good MPG (comparing to my daily 350z), cheap, can carry a lot of stuff
>>
>>17096405
>yeah and you drive a 1L cuckmobile

which is cheaper to buy, to maintain, has better MPG, reliable and likely as fast as old N/A skyline
>>
>>17097070
I don't live in the metropolitan area, I live in the suburbs. I'd need to take an hour long train ride, then an hour long bus ride to get to my university.

>>17097127
Like I said above, it's an hour long train ride and an hour long bus ride. And because I only ever use public transport during peak times, by the time I get on the train or bus, it's already packed so I'm forced to stand for the entire trip.
>>
>>17096405
It might have a 1L engine, but driving fast in a slow car is more fun than driving slow in a fast car.
>>17097802
My car is a Peugeot 107, it is EUDM onlyand not a kei car, but not much bigger/powerfull.
It has 4 useable seats, 2 or 4 doors and can fold down the rear seatsto give you extra trunk space.
I can transport bicycles with it without disassembling them.
Depending on where you live you can get Daihatsu kei cars with the same 1.0L NA engine my car has.
>>
>>17098385
nice car you got, how many km's are on the clock? did you get it brand new?
>>
File: 107.jpg (459KB, 2400x1833px) Image search: [Google]
107.jpg
459KB, 2400x1833px
>>17098618
I got a used `09 model with about 89.000km on the clock.
I am close to 100.000km now.
There is a new version of it on the market, the 108, wich is basicly the same platform.

The only issue is, that you have to check the evalve clearance ever 90.000km.
But usually you don´t have to correct anything, when I did that, the clearance was perfectly in the middle between min and max on all 12 valves.
>>
>>17098644
>The only issue is, that you have to check the evalve clearance ever 90.000km.

not a big deal, I used to check & adjust valves on my track bike twice a year (gsxr600) and one a year on bikes I rode on the street (had zx10r'06, gsxr1000k4, now I have a hayabusa).
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.