[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BMW - 135i?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (60KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
60KB, 800x533px
I'm looking for a car at around the 15-17 grand price point and newer than say 2008.

Want the 0-60 figures to be under 5.0 secs or at it. Dont care if auto or manual. The 135i looks like a great option, plus a JB4 tune and a few bolt-ons can put it in 4.5 sec territory.

I want to decide on the 135i or 2011+ Mustang GT, but I cant get over how fucking retarded the 135i looks, I mean what was BMW thinking?
>>
get the 335i or 335is.
>>
>>17079405
We'll either mustang you get power out of the factory. It also has an insane aftermarket scene. It'll be cheaper to maintain as well.
>>
>>17079462
Well with the*.

Damn this iPhone autocorrect
>>
>>17079405
>I mean what was BMW thinking?
We want the Yuropoor audience.
>>
I mean, the N54 engine is a tuner's dream but fuck me that chassis is literal autism on wheels. Would get a 335 which looks less retarded but a good one at 17k is gonna have like over 100k miles.

I'm not fucking with a BMW engine over 100k miles
>>
Definitely the musti
>>
>>17079405
The mustang can make 430whp with bolt ons, and you dont have to worry about FI problems. Especially when you boost the factory turbos to death. Then theres always the FI option for the mustang.

Trc has a mustang on their channel, 1000hp DD on bone stock motor. I think it has twin 62mms
>>
135i looks great what are you talking about, I think its the best look they have had since the 90s.
I knew a BMW salesman and he let use their super secret dealer database and I saw how much every one of these sold for in the entire midwest int he past 2 years.

A pre-2010 is worth about $12000 in good condition. A post 2011 is worth about $17000. The new ones have the N55 engine which is supposedly more reliable because its only got one turbo and that was the main issue with this car.

I didn't see a dealer pay more than $12,000 for one in the last 2 years in the database so use this info when you are pricing these. Most were listed way too high but I had no trouble talking them down when I bought mine.

The ZF 6 speed transmission in the pre 2010 autos is really great. Shifts in .2 milliseconds. The DCT in post 2011s shifts .18. The post 2011s also come with the ZF 8 speed instead of 6 speed which is even better than the ZF6 and has the slick joystick shifter.
Unless you must have a clutch the autos perform better no matter what year.
You should be able to find one with ///M parts and you probably wont have to pay a premium for them anymore. I didn't when I bought mine.

The 1 series ///M has an N54 engine that they tuned an extra 30hp into. They are rare and expensive because everyone wants one, and while cool you can probably get an older pre 2010 to run just as well if you are interested in modding. Some reviewers even thought the N54 performed the same in both true ///M version and the regular 135i at 330hp.

I think if you want to get a 335i you should try to get a 2008 or earlier as the engine was more powerful that year than later years.

The N54 and N55 are great engines and BMW still uses them in Z4s.

I've personally always been cool on Mustangs but havn't owned one so I can't help you with that choice. I hate the mustang look from the early 2010s but if you dont like the 135i maybe you should lean that way.

Anyway hope this is helpful.
>>
>>17079405
Get it instead of the 335i coupe
>>
>>17079405
>I want to decide on the 135i or 2011+ Mustang GT, but I cant get over how fucking retarded the 135i looks, I mean what was BMW thinking?

Agreed. The 135i looks fucking stupid.

Anyways, with that said, the 135i is a good car and you have some room for modifications - but keep in mind, you're looking at a maximum of 350~ whp just the most basic tuning and bolt ons possible. If you're someone that is going to crave more, then look for a different car
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.