[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Group B

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Lancia-Delta-S4-33.jpg (48KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Lancia-Delta-S4-33.jpg
48KB, 720x405px
What's your favorite Group B rally car? Mine is pic related. Its like the Millennium Falcon as a car. Anyone else playing Dirt Rally? Is Group B rally racing the coolest thing to ever exist?
>>
File: 1985-audi-sport-quattro-s1-e2-20.jpg (792KB, 2828x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1985-audi-sport-quattro-s1-e2-20.jpg
792KB, 2828x2000px
Audi Quattro a besto
I like the Ford RS200 kinda too
>>
>>17077988
205 t16
>>
>>17077988
R5T best Group B
>>
>>17077993

The Quattro is one of the best-sounding cars of all time, I think.

The Rs200 is cool but doesn't seem as balls-to-the-wall crazy as other cars of the era.

How much faster is a a modern WRC car than the 80's monsters?
>>
>>17077988
I tried dirt rally but its basically dark souls on wheels. Unrealistically hard 2bh

Also the S4 is also my favourite group b rally car. anything groub b is better really. certainly much more exciting and faster than the current rally cars, that's for sure
>>
On the subject of Dirt Rally, is it a dead game? I never see it discussed in /ovg/

Finishing 2nd in an Elite championship in the Lancia Stratos was the most satisfying moment of any racing game for me
>>
>>17078011
The Sport Quattro S1 pushes about 470 bhp I believe, and one of the more recent Fiesta ST GRCs pushes about 600 (restricted, apparently they can get up to 900) quoting a random ass Jalopnik article
>>
>>17078025
To add:
0-60 of Sport Quattro S1 E2: 3.1 sec
0-60 of Ford Fiesta ST GRC: 1.9 sec
>>
>>17078025

I meant faster in terms of stage times, not engine power.
>>
>>17078030

Thats what I was looking for.

The modern cars are blindingly fast but for some reason are boring to casuals.

I think the older cars come across as more exciting because they were so different from eachother
>>
>tfw when you've been lurking 4chan since 2006 and this is the only thread you've started that hasn't resulted in a ban
>>
Lancia 037 of course, group 5 versions were also sex
>>
>>17078039

They aren't as exciting to watch because the large amounts of grip, huge suspension travel and aero make them look very stable and uninteresting while the boring hatchback bodies and formulaic layout makes them all look even more distant from factory models.
>>
>>17078011
Much faster. Suspension etc. is lightyears ahead of 80's technology nowadays.
>>
>>17078021
it's "unrealistically" hard because simulating G-forces is impossible and you're left with FFB
it's not even as autistic as road sims like AC
>>
>>17078405
Agreed. Lancia 037 is legendary.
>>
>>17078025
The engine in those Quattros can be pushed way further than that, though. Here's a 770hp hillcimb monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27H_tupojSI
>>
>>17078953
i like those dolphin sounds it makes
>>
>>17078577
But they have a fraction of the horsepower of group B cars. Less than half.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.