[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I havent had a bike for a few years and I am going to buy me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: dual.jpg (91KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
dual.jpg
91KB, 600x450px
I havent had a bike for a few years and I am going to buy me another Dual Sport bike (probably a set of super moto wheels too) but I cant decide what to do

>buy 2017 500 EXC now and ride over summer
>buy a 2018 Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 300EXC this fall

I really want a 2-stroke dual sport, however I know they are not really the most practical not to mention the hoops I will have to jump through to get it plated in my state.

>ww/o/d?
>>
>buying shitTM
>>
>>17076293
No japanse maker has produced a good dualsport bike since Yamaha first released the WR250r
>>
How much riding do you do and how much money do you have. If the answer is a little and a lot, go ktm
Otherwise, there really arent any proper dual sports besides the drz400 and the wr250r, its all either adv bikes or enduro bikes.
>2 stroke
>dual sport
>>
>>17076324
Yea I know the 2 stroke isn't ideal, but the 2018 will have direct injection and the old aprilia RS250 bikes had that and they would go forever before needing major maintenance. Starting out I assume I'll ride about 500 miles a month. It may go up a lot as my wife is also wanting to get her first motorcycle so if she rides a lot I will probably ride more than 500 miles.

>for her I am thinking a TW200 since it has a low seat height and she's only 5'1
>>
just get a second hand drz400
>>
>>17076374
>old as fuck suspension
>heavy as a pig
>5spd close tranny

Plenty of reasons to not get a DRZ. Id rather get a WR250r or XRL than that.
>>
>>17076385
>XRL over a DRZ
You're a fucking moron. Fuck off with your shitty thread.
>>
>>17076353
As much as you probably dont want to hear it, if you want to ride off road, get an enduro and trailer it to the dirt. Riding home after doing off road is shit, its better to drive home every time.
If you want to go on adventures get a dr650.
There is no bike that will do it all, so get a few bikes that do their thing well, or stick to one type of riding
>>
>>17076413
He mentioned supermoto'ing the bike so something tells me he isn't planning on a lot of off road stuff.
>>
File: IMAG0673.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0673.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>17076324
>2 stroke
>not dual sport
>>
>>17076455
Is that a RM250?
>>
>>17076763
yep
>>
>>17076455
>needs a new piston every 100 miles.
>>
>>17078767
For the street I just run a bit rich/heavy on the oil mix, which makes for fine top end longevity.

if you were going to make any valid complaints it would be
>15mpg
she's a thirsty bitch
>>
>>17078851
Why so little?
>>
>>17076259
new ktm 690 enduro/ husqvarna 701 enduro, is a good choice, and they 'll make great sumos.
DRZ 400 is great of course.
or if you want something more friendly since you are getting back search for WR250

other choices with less horsepower are KLX 250/ HONDA CRL 250.

i would reccomend the DRZ or the WR.
>>
KTM 500 I think requires attention every 20 operating hours so I also say consider the 690 KTM or 701 husq as well. I don't know much about two strokes other than they inhale fuel.

If you are willing to put willing to put up with the problems or non problems of the 2018 then go for it if practicality is not important.

Personally, if it was just 500 miles a month and I didn't care about about the other stuff then I'd go for it if it was the right fit from an overall power standpoint. With me being on the more practical end, any more than 500 miles and I'd go with the 690 for sure.

tldr wtf do you want - wtf do you need - cancel by way of importance
>>
>>17080698
Because a 2 stroke has twice as many power strokes as a 4 stroke revving at the same RPM.
>>
>>17081406
those recommended intervals aren't really that strict

the cr80 motor on my shifter kart is supposed to get new rings EVERY HOUR of run time (lol ya right) but nobody does it that often
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.