[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting motorcycles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 125574_3_600.jpg (16KB, 468x312px) Image search: [Google]
125574_3_600.jpg
16KB, 468x312px
I'm thinking really hard about quitting riding after about 7 years of riding. In my experience I found that, although motorcycles are fun, there are way too many negatives. They have no protection from elements or the environment and cars. Are uncomfortable for long distance riding if your on a roadster like I am. And the biggest flaw is they are too dangerous due to unforseen dangers out of your control. I've had my fun but I'm seriously just thinking about saving the money and pain and putting it into my car. What are your thoughts /o/?
>>
>>17073960

I love dirt bikes and don't plan on giving those up, but I quit riding street for the exact reasons you mentioned, plus the fact that there are just so few situations where I got to ride the bike as it was meant to, and actually got to have fun. My step father died after injuries from a motorcycle accident (his fault) and I sold my R6 shortly afterwards.
I went through a period after a few years where I really wanted a street bike again and ended up giving in. I barely rode the damn thing and wish I had saved myself the money and the hassle of having to sell it after I barely rode it over 2 years,
I love motorcycles, but street riding just isn't for me.
>>
>>17073960
I'd suggest to keep the bike. I don't ride that much anymore as I did in the past. But the insurance and maintenance cost are just too damn slow to the consider selling the bike.
>>
Quit bikes.

If you are even having these thoughts, quit bikes. I thought I was ready to quit bikes and was bikeless for about 18months. I realized I was wrong. If you are wrong you will realize it too.

If you got no one to ride with, its a lot harder to give a shit though.
>>
It's a tough call to make. I am in my first year of riding (sport bike) and am slowly starting to realize that my preferred style of riding is simply not suitable for the streets around here. Furthermore, the odds are stacked against me given the large amount of unforgiving terrain (trees everywhere, telephone poles everywhere, frequent gravel, potholes, rain, wind, etc...) and the large amount of fuckhead truck and SUV drivers.

Your best bet in my opinion is to find a way to reduce your exposure. I had this plan of just commuting my sport bike every day to and from work but it isn't practical. The day will come. So I just ride early weekend mornings now when there isn't anyone out. I may just switch to track riding instead or compromise and do some trail/dirt riding. I dunno.

btw here is a nice 2nd gear roll on I did this morning. wanted to see how fast 2nd gear took me to: https://streamable.com/st20r
>>
Ridding is not practical unless you are a pajeet and it's all you can afford. You do it for fun, if it's not fun enough anymore there is no point, sell the bike.
>>
>>17074067
This desu.
I "quit" after my cousin got killed. Then I changed my mind over a year and a half later and got back into it on an even bigger bike. When I die, I die.
>>
File: 1397084467113.jpg (45KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
1397084467113.jpg
45KB, 460x288px
>They have no protection from elements
Drive them in good weather then and not to work every single fucking day.

>Are uncomfortable for long distance riding
Stop riding the wrong bike if you do long trips a lot.

>And the biggest flaw is they are too dangerous due to unforseen dangers out of your control.
Stop living in a country where no one learns to fucking drive properly. Stupid god damn Americans.
>>
File: me at the tarck.jpg (284KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
me at the tarck.jpg
284KB, 1000x1000px
Why do people think riding on public roads is the only way to enjoy a motorcycle?

Quit road riding if you want who cares, stick to track, trail, MX, trials, or even just get a little shitbike, tow it out to some carparks and enjoy the conefagging.

If none of those sound appealing to you then motorcycles probably weren't for you anyway, who gives a fuck about practicality, I ride because it's fun.
>>
>>17074402
>tfw overpopulated country
>tfw trail riding illegal
>tfw tracks are few and expensive because of whiny residents and stupid safety and insurance regulations
>>
>>17074417
>Yurop
>>
>>17074443
That describes New England as well. The few tracks that they do manage to erect, they have to impose ridiculous volume limits (86db), put them in the middle of fucking nowhere so it's a PITA to get to, and cost a shit ton of money.
>>
>>17073960
Have you tried manning the fuck up, and wearing proper waterproof textile gear with a full-face helmet?

Leather is not waterproof.
>>
>>17073960
Quit while you're ahead. You had your fun, no reason to risk getting paralyzed/killed
>>
>>17073960
The only reason I can see myself quit riding is because I am not psychically able to anymore. I have both a car and a bike so riding the bike is just for fun. Have almost died a few times on the bike because of stupid people but for some reason I still keep getting back on it, Its a mystery to me. I could see if your only transport was a bike that could be inconvenient at times but still doable.
>>
>>17073960
If you don't think you should be on a motorbike, you shouldn't be on a motorbike.
Riding demands snap confidence and presence, without it you're doomed.
>>
>>17073960
You sound like a complete bitch.

Give up.
>>
>>17075169
bikers are so insecure lmao
>>
>>17073960

I had the same realization Anon. What I did was sold my street bike and bought a track bike. I'll go to the track a few times a year and it's the most fun you'll ever have in your life.
>>
>>17074476

In New England you have Palmer, NHMS, Thompson, NYST and NJMP. That's 5 tracks nigga. All within like 150 miles of each other.

Here in south FL we have like three they let bikes run at and they're all like 8 hour drives from each other and Homestead sucks.

You fuckers have it good in New England.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.