[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Catalytic converter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

So my father took the catalytic converter out of the car he takes to the track.
The thing is, he left it on the ground in the driveway and he crushed it due to being absent minded.
He left it there for a week so I decided to dispose of it while I was there, he only has 10% lung function so he requires a lot of assistance like that.

This is the crux of my question: when I disposed of it I used a brush and scoop to collect it off the concrete, no gloves, no mask, no nothing. Carried it for about 3 meters to the bin and then tap tap tap on the bin get get the dust off. I held the scoop at about belly button height while walking with it and bent over straight legged to collect it.

Will this have health effects? Car was an 02 Astra.

I am asking here because google isn't answering, I'm just getting environmentalists, reddit, and this broad https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130720182210AAMWP5c
>>
You'll live. Ask /sci/ if you want to get into the chemistry of it.
>>
How are you still alive? holy shit
>>
is OP still alive? he gonna die within 2 hours to 2 weeks because of exposure
>>
>>17069741
The wind was decent in my favor, there was the dust "tornado" effect on the bin, I was upwind, about 75cm from my face.
>>
It has similar effects as mustard gas
>>
>>17069730
>throwing a not insignificant cash value of platinum in the trash

lol you idiot
>>
>>17069730
>he only has 10% lung function
Well now you and your dad have another thing in common.
>>
>>17069730
Bring it to a recycling center and ask what to do.

You'll get a real nigga hours answer,
>>
>>17069740
>>17069741
>>17069767
>>17069797
My father laid in the catalytic converter rubble for a few hours while he repaired another car, this was about 5 days ago.
To give an example of his usual health, he can't walk 20m without stopping for a ~60 second rest. He can also remove 3-5 nuts before needing to rest.
I have not noticed anything unusual in his condition since this happened, it takes very little to put him down.
>>
Better buy a the RV and start cooking cancer boy.
>>
>>17069796
Could have gotten like $50-100 for that thing.
>>
are you in california?
if so, yes you are in danger.
>>
File: Feige-Schnitt.jpg (200KB, 816x873px) Image search: [Google]
Feige-Schnitt.jpg
200KB, 816x873px
>>17069730
>I used a brush and scoop to collect it off the concrete, no gloves, no mask, no nothing.
Ceramics coated with platinum aren't harmful to you. But the dust is bad. If you're worried, then you can go buy some generic mucinex over the counter at walmart or wherever else. That is the active ingredient Guaifensin and it's much cheaper than mucinex brand. Take that at the max recommended dosage on the bottle for two days and keep up hydration. Your mucus will be more active in the lungs and throat and flush it out of the lungs. Assuming you even have any dust in there.

The actual problem is that you threw away something that is valuable as it is recyclable for the platinum metal.
>>
>>17069730
Assuming you are young and fit. Your body will recover from pretty much any SINGULAR exposure to something thats not death on contact.
If there are blatant
>YOU WILL DIE IF YOU BREATH THIS
results instantly from google you are good. Don't inhale it again for like 4 months. A lot of warnings are for people like mechanics who are under constant exposure. Again SINGULAR exposure is fine.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.