[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

93 ford 302 misfire on this cylinder. lean condition? any thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 20170422_155557.jpg (102KB, 1278x719px) Image search: [Google]
20170422_155557.jpg
102KB, 1278x719px
93 ford 302 misfire on this cylinder. lean condition? any thoughts?
>>
>>17067685
Check the ignition system for gremlins. How old are the plugs? Gapped correctly?
>>
>>17067685
The fouling looks kinda thick.
Mabey too rich, rather than lean?
>>
that's a groce plug mate

I sure hope it's old as fuck. Either you're running way dirty or the ignition system can't get a spark through it.
>>
>>17067695
this plug is about a month old. i've just about replaced everything ignition wise
>>
>>17067718
Is it sucking in oil? Time for a compression test?
>>
>>17067685
Also all the other plugs looks fine
>>
>>17067727
ive compression checked every cylinder and they're all about 150 to 160 psi
>>
>>17067729
compression test.
Also, check valve stem seal.
>>
>>17067745
Is it fuel injected? I suppose an injector stuck open could gum the plug up like that while the O2 system tries to lean out the rest of the cylinders.
>>
>>17067751
it is fuel injected. i pulled all of them and flow checked them. they all seem fine
>>
>>17067751
a 93 ford would certainly be fuel injected of some sort (TBI, SFI, multiport, etc...)
>>
>>17067771
I'm guessing it's something to do with that cylinder in particular. Valve seal guy might be right.

So if it were my back yard project, I'd swap the injector and everything else possible to different cylinders to see if the problem changes or moves to a different cylinder. Something must be causing that one to be the odd man out.
>>
>>17067704
This. Shits carboned as fuck yo, definitely running rich.
>>
youre running rich as fuck dude
that shits blacker than I am
>>
>>17067771
Another thing to think about is the intake. Is the air flow or air pressure sensor wigging out on you? Other cylinders should be misfiring as well in that case, but maybe there's just something that makes this one the lucky cylinder.
>>
>>17067804
Nigger detected
>>
>>17067796
that seems to be the best bet
>>
Swap injectors is one way. I would also check pulse to that injector. Check ignition to that plug
>>
>>17067718
What have you not replaced in the ignitions system? Don't ignore ignition coils.
>>
>>17067685
have you done a a full tune up rotor, cap, wires and plugs?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.