[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to buy one of these for about $200. Then buy a beat up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: bmwswap.jpg (140KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bmwswap.jpg
140KB, 800x600px
I want to buy one of these for about $200.

Then buy a beat up RX8, bridgeport the engine and swap the engine and gearbox into this BMW.

I keep thinking about it, and it sounds like an awesome idea.

Is this just retarded? I dont know.

I keep thinking about it, and it keeps sounding like a lot of fun for a track car to skid around in..
>>
File: discust.jpg (514KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
discust.jpg
514KB, 1024x681px
So you're gonna get the worst of both worlds and make a bastard unreliable square shitbox?
>>
>>17067447
>Is this just retarded?
Yes
>>
Dont get a renesis, get a turbo from an FC one
>>
>>17067485
And your reasoning behind this?

What is bad about the 316? Its RWD and can use parts from the other 3 models.

renesis are good engines, if you buy one that is actually looked after and not fucked.. but yeah, shit in comparison to an REW and all that.

>>17067494
for what reasons? They are cheap, parts are easily available and plentiful... Renesis are also common here.

Whats so retarded about it? Would you not drive it?

>>17067495
Too expensive here, renesis are plentiful and cheap.
>>
>>17067447
So you want to take an unreliable engine and put it in a heavier car than it was designed for.

I think you answered your own question
>>
renesis arent the best for porting, they come from the factory pretty much at the limit
buy a 13b from an fc
>>
>>17067447
this is a bad idea and you're in denial of it. People will keep telling you it's stupid and youll keep playing it off
>>
>>17067582
316 Weight: 1,175 kgs
RX8 Weight: 1,373 kgs

So, its 200 kilos lighter.. Id be putting it into a chassis thats 200 Kilos lighter... Ok thats obviously a problem i didnt think of.

>>17067602
a good idea, but you CAN bridgeport a Renesis, but you are completely correct. a 13b would be a way better swap, but its just more a question of availability. It would definitely be a future consideration however, after the rest of the car is sorted.

>>17067603
and yet you have given me no reason to support your argument..
>>
Wouldn't buying a standalone engine be cheaper than buying a beat up car that somehow has an intact drivetrain? You could part it out after I guess but it is best up after all. I think eBay has 13BREWs with transmissions for 1-2K for reference
>>
>>17067649
unfortunately 13b REWs are really rare here in Germanland.

RX8s are easy to pick up here. and they are relatively cheap with everything intact.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.