[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

89' s10 no air through dash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

i have an 89 s10 blazer and air doesnt blow through my dash, only defrost / floor. Vaccum actuator near pedals fills when off and decompresses when moved to vent. 4chan help im dieing in this heat living in car
>>
File: 3142007211940-Picture.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
3142007211940-Picture.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>17067312
Bad Cruise Control Check Valve. Pic related
>>
all of the hoses under the hood are connected and good, and my cruise control works fine still. With that known, could it still be this valve? Thanks
>>
>>17067376
>posts common problem that the solution has been known for decades. DECADES.
>gets told solution without histrionics
>all this other stuff works so it can't be that. Didn't think about that did you?

OK fine. It's literally anything else. Go knock yourself out.
>>
Shit i apologize you were so right. I've been working on this for many months and the interwebs all told me different things to do and now my dash is off and car is crazy. Leave it to 4chan to give a one sentence answer that is correct to a hardship in someones life.
>>
I take it back. I replaced the check valve just now and it did not solve the issue.
>>
what would an '89 blazer look like with swamp coolers
>>
Im going to steal one from a louisiana trailer and mount it in the passenger window in a few weeks
>>
>>17068154
Is it the blend door actuator?

>>17067563
>OP asks for clarification before ripping shit apart because your post reeks of snide self assurance
>"just do it faggot"

You were completely wrong and he wasted his time, nice job retard.

Good luck OP
>>
File: vac3-1.jpg (188KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
vac3-1.jpg
188KB, 1024x768px
as this lovely picture demonstrates, this actuator is filled when the switch is in the "off" position, and it moves inward when i move it to any other position. i will take another look and see if it moves in more depending on the setting. Is this the only one that determines the path of the cabin air, or the blend door actuator?
>>
Okay i confirmed that guy is good. The one above it needs to suck that bastard in more to make it blow out vents. I was able to grab it with my fists and pull it out down and replicate vent air. I think it might just have a leaky diaphragm. Another trip to advance here we go!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.