[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good or bad idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

So I found a 3000GT for 800 Canadian pesos. The thing is it has a seized engine and I know pretty much nothing about cars. The listing has been up for a while so I can probably talk the guy down if it isn't sold already.
I want to learn more about mechanics and if I can fix it I could learn to drive a manual as well.

Would it be a waste of money to try and fix it myself? Or is it too big of a job for someone who knows nothing about mechanics?
>>
lol, good luck.
>>
Very bad idea.
>>
>>17059467
>I know pretty much nothing about cars
Don't do it mane
>>
Leave it man. You'll save yourself the heartache.
>>
that would be a bad idea even if you DID know what you were doing
>>
One of the worst ideas I've ever heard in my life.
>>
3000GT's are money sink hunks of shit even when they're running fine.
>>
>>17059467

Unless it's a vr4, don't even bother.

na 3000gt's are slow pieces of shit.
>>
>>17059471
>>17059474
>>17059478
>>17059479
>>17059482
>>17059483
>>17059536
>>17059721
dont listen to them op buy it.
>>
Buy it and part it out.
>>
>>17059467
enjoy your 2 ton paperweight
>>
>>17059467

Put a LS in it.
>>
>>17059467
I'd buy that bitch and drop a 4G63T in it if it's not a VR-4. That thing would haul.
>>
>>17059536
This. Dont do it op. If you want to learn mechanicing get an already running shitbox with a huge aftermarket amd following like a civic or something then do routine maintence using a guide book then slowly work up to doing things like timing belts and head gaskets. Eventually you will get there. With a non-running car you will have no way of building the skills you need to rebuild or replace the engine. Also budget in at least 200 to 500 bucks for tools if your starting from scratch. A full set of what you need to do even basic maintence from a cheapo place like harbor freight is at least 200 bucks.
>>
>>17062181
Yeah I already decided against it earlier but it wouldn't let me delete the thread. I'm looking at an mr2 that needs a bit of body work now.
>>
>>17062934
>>17062181
Just buy a Miata
maintenance is easy, aftermarket is huge and cheap, and the cars are stupid reliable and plentiful to begin with.

MR2s are fine too but they're marginally more difficult to work on.
>>
>>17059467
Absolutely great idea, because 3000GT's are the epitome of simple, easy to work on and easy to access engine bays....
>>
>>17059467
>Canadian pesos
Anon I......I think this might be a scam
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.