[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CO detector in car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I drive a 2013 Ford Explorer and recently heard about a service bulletin dealing with exhaust leaking into the cabin. I haven't noticed any exhaust smell or funny feelings, but I'm worried that I won't notice if it does start happening (CO being odorless/colorless/etc). Am I justified in installing a CO detector in my car, if only to ease my paranoia?
>>
if you're worried that your condition might be caused by CO it would be a good way to do so before you get into an accident or pass out from carbon monoxide poisoning
>>
GTFO WITH THIS NORMIE SHIT

SERIOUSLY

I BET YOU PLUG AN INSURANCE TRACKER INTO YOUR OBD2
>>
>>17054678
edgy, I bet you don't wear your seat belt or use your turn signals either?

>>17054663
Condition? I didn't notice anything strange before I read the service bulletin and saw a few news articles on the subject. I only drive 4 miles each way to work and back, so it's not really enough time for CO to have any real effect anyway. That said, I don't want to find out on a longer drive if my car is affected.

Either way, Fuck Ford for screwing up the rear hatch design/shut lines/seals, that's apparently the culprit and I've noticed on multiple Explorers that the rear hatch doesn't line up well/evenly with the quarter panels and sides. Embarrassing shit.
>>
>>17054725
do you smell a gas odor or otherwise have symptoms? a CO detector wouldn't hurt but it probably won't address your problem, if one exists (ford owners say the TSBs haven't really addressed the problem hence the pending class action and fed probe).
>>
>>17054731

I don't smell anything at all in the cabin unless I roll down my windows and accelerate from a stop. Then there's a faint exhaust smell. Windows up and I notice nothing at all, with recirc or fresh air on.

I don't ever get symptoms, pretty sure it'd be very quickly obvious if I did. I have AAA so if the alarm ever went off, I could just pull over and have the car towed to the house/dealership.
>>
>>17054625
not one of these retarded electronic ones.
get the ones they use in general aviation. they change color in case of CO present, and they are cheap
>>
>>17054795

I didn't even know this was a thing - Thanks anon, this is actually cheaper than buying one of these obnoxious loud ones too.
>>
>>17054849
np senpai
>>
>>17054625
>Am I justified in installing a CO detector in my car, if only to ease my paranoia?
It takes time for cheap type in you picture to work. If you have a CO alarms in your home just put one in you car then idle the car for 15 minutes w/o the fans going. Come back in an hour and check the reading. It's that fucking easy.
>>
>>17054625
>tfw exhaust leak gets into cab through rust hole in firewall
>tfw its all good because it gets sucked out of the rust hole in the floor when up to speed :^)
>>
>>17054625
>not liking to take a nice CO induced nap at traffic lights
>not wanting to final exit yourself because you hate your fucking life

Fucking swjs
>>
>>17054725
Seat belts are for people who crash
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.