[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've heard some people claim that thieves will steal vehicle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: vehicle-registration-sticker.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vehicle-registration-sticker.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
I've heard some people claim that thieves will steal vehicle registration stickers from your rear license plate so they don't have to pay to register their vehicle. Is this something that actually happens in the US or elsewhere?
>>
File: gotimplying.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
gotimplying.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>Living in a state with registration stickers
>living in a single-plate state
>>
>>17048244
>living in a single-plate state
What? Not OP but this is the best

>having cuck plates on the front of your car ruining the lines.
>>
>>17048226
Why does the United States still use stickers? Haven't needed stickers where I live since about 2008 or so.
>>
File: nys-sticker.jpg (23KB, 390x227px) Image search: [Google]
nys-sticker.jpg
23KB, 390x227px
>>17048252
I don't know why certain states still use stickers, I think it's to make visual enforcement for cops to pull people and write tickets easier. NY still uses a windshield sticker, which is at least smarter because

>protected from the elements
>harder to steal
>even if stolen, has the VIN (#3), make/model/year (#4) and plate number on it (#5), so it's obviously stolen if those don't match
>very hard (essentially impossible) to remove intact once applied to windshield
>bonus: The barcode (#2) contains a ton of information, including the first three letters of the last name and first letter of the first name of the registered owner - handy for when someone parks like a jackass.

>>17048249
When cars use brackets in two plate states and the front of the car looks clean/no obvious spot for a front plate it's a lot more aesthetic, but from a public safety/interest perspective it's kind of baffling to me. Having a plate on the front makes it more likely that someone catches the plate number in a hit and run accident or that it's caught on camera if there's some safety or other interest to locate a particular vehicle by law enforcement.
>>
>>17048226
Stealing a tag is definitely a first.

As someone who cleans off the old one before placing the new one I will that shit is almost impossible to remove.

It's sort of a sticky foil. It would never come off in one piece that could be reused.

More than likely it's vandalism than actual theft.
>I will peel this sticker off so this asshole gets pulled over sort of thing
>>
>>17048272
In Australia we used to have windshield stickers for ages, then it was decided that they get rid of them. The only identifier of a car actually being registered is the presence of a license plate, seems like actually checking whether the registration is valid is all done digitally. Why don't states in the US do this? Seems a whole lot easier rather than having to fuck around with stickers... simply pay up when you get the notice in the mail and you're good for another year.
>>
There's no point. Modern police systems can instantly tell if you're up to date on registration. Your attempt to Jew will now be a potential felony. Faking tags counts at counterfeiting government documents and also a potential felony. There was an Anon that did that and got caught, ruined his life. Easier to pray a cop doesn't drive up behind you but if he does you just get a ticket.
>>
>>17048389
Well here in California they break your window steal the registration and insurance paperwork then go online and fill out the release of liability to their name all it takes is knowing the last 5 Vin and the licence plate # also now that they have your address they might just drop by and Rob your house. I love Mexicans
>>
>>17048367
In New Zealand we have rego 'stickers'

But their not stickers, just a small card with the license plate, date valid to etc

These get put into a plastic pocket that is stuck to the inside of the windshield

So anybody can quickly tell if your paid up or not
>>
>>17048226
>I've heard some people claim that thieves will steal vehicle registration stickers from your rear license plate so they don't have to pay to register their vehicle. Is this something that actually happens in the US or elsewhere?

It used to work. And those sticky tabs were easily removable if the owner stacked up multiple years worth on top of each other. A razor will cut through the stack and the topmost sticker remains intact.

Faking tabs used to work in my state as most city police didn't manually check. But my city police are transitioning to computer scanners that can even optically zoom in with high resolution on multiple targets. It then displays for the officer if registration is current or not, or if the car is owned by someone who has a warrant. If you fake the tabs, it won't just be a ticket here. The car will be impounded and towed to impound and it will be scheduled to be searched. That means it will be impounded for at least several days worth of fees.
>>
Texas used to have plate stickers and yes, it was common for them to be stolen. They started suggesting using a razor to cut across the applied stickers so thieves wouldn't be able to get them, but soon after they wised up and used windshield registration/inspection stickers
>>
>>17049812
[hat dance intensifies]
>>
>>17048226
Ontario has plate stickers but it doesn't do you much good to steal them.

The stickers are a bit of a legacy item; cops all have automatic plate scanning cameras, and it'll say whether or not the sticker was paid for that plate number. All that a stolen sticker gets you is a bigger fine for stealing a sticker.

Also they're a BITCH to remove. I imagine you'd need a heat gun or something to avoid ripping them.
>>
>>17048226
Yeah it is.
I've done it a couple times.
>>
Window stickers are objectively shit tier
>In your field of view at all times
>leave residue that's hard to clean because it's in the bottom corner of your windshield
>Must remove them each time, can't just stack them
>easier for cops to read and ticket you
>>
I have found niggers stealing my license plate, but never just the sticker. It's easier just to replace the whole plate with a stolen one than to fuck around with stickers.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.