[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these worth getting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I just wanted to know if there was any reason for not getting a Toyota FJ Cruiser. Does it just look cool? are there any serious issues or mechanical problems down the line I should be aware of?
>>
it's just a wanna be land cruiser for poorfags with none of the good features and all of the bad ones
>>
engine is just as bomb proof as the land cruisers engines
good aftermarket
visibility is meh
kinda uncomfortable sorta not really
get a trd package
>>
>>17043904
TRD ones are apparently only sold in the middle east.
Would I get the TRD upgrade packages? ie supercharger, cold air intake etc?
>>
>>17043897
can you elaborate? They have a higher ride height than land cruiser and only 2 doors.
>>
>>17043904
>kinda uncomfortable sorta not really

they're really comfortable imo

i love FJ's.

my parents own two.
>>
>>17043897
>for poorfags
Do you know how much they cost?
>>
>>17044005
I live in New Zealand and they range from 35k and up... how did your parents afford 2 in USD$?
>>
>>17043979
hmm
we did get the full trd package but as far as i know the rest of the world got the cosmetics which includes
skidplate
wheels and tires
body matched roof
not sure what else is there

>>17044005
the one that i drove had a 3" lift so as you can tell i was a bit confused in that post
>>
>>17044019

i don't see how this is a problem

They used to be BMW only until now

They didn't buy them both at the same time though, oen was in 09, then they liked it so much they got the second one in 2013
>>
>>17044053
shit. Your parents must be ballers if they can afford 2 brand new ones. or near new. they are one of the only Toyota cars that are only displayed in fancy showrooms and not in car yards.
>>
>>17043885
Dad almost bought one but it was too small for the family. Bought a 4runner instead. Keep that in mind if you have a lot of friends.
>>
>>17043885
Get a 2010 or newer if possible. First few years had some weak spots on the frame that were rectified in later years. You can tell if you see some creasing up near the window if you pop the hood.

Also later model years got a slightly upgraded engine. It does not need premium like earlier years. It will appreciate it though with a modest bump in HP.

I've got a 2011 with 6speed and a bunch of shit done to it. Its a 'Yota so make sure the frame isn't a pile of rot and if you get one treat it immediately. Also, LS swaps are pretty simple if you get an automatic... but the 6mt with fulltime AWD is where its at. Mine will be getting an LS swap in the future.
>>
File: FJ .jpg (104KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
FJ .jpg
104KB, 1024x768px
>>17043885
>>
>>17044154
Nice! would think of getting one and just doing all the TRD treatment to the engine ie supercharger etc
>>
>>17044104
You can get a decent older used fj in the US for like $15k, even down to around $10k if you want a manual
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.