[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, i bought this turd today. I drove it 50 miles home and it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Hey, i bought this turd today. I drove it 50 miles home and it was okay, but then i got on my very sandy dirt road going to my lift and got it stuck. I wasn't able to let the tires spin freely in the sand, as soon as i let go of the clutch it would slip and stall. I could spin the tires a bit (enough to get unstuck) if i wore the hell out of the clutch. After getting it unstuck the transmission feels less solid (not that it was solid to begin with) and it feels "off" like maybe something is wiggling loose that has to do with the transmission. To me it sounds like the clutch, but it supposedly has a new clutch, so maybe not. I'ma put it on the lift and see if i see anything off, but idk what the hell i would be looking for. Im thinking tranny, and theyre like 400 butts on ebay
>>
>>17043553
Actually, isnt the clutch just used for ingauging and disingauging? Yeah i think tranny. Theres a reason im posting on o tho would love some advice
>>
I have no idea what you're saying. Does the cat drive fine on asphalt roads but on sand roads the tires just spin when you try to drive normal? Or the car just dies when you try to move on sand. If you bought it from a random guy they can lie about what work they've done. If you bought it from a business or dealership you should have gotten a write up of work done. Is English your first language? Stall can mean engine stalls(shuts off). Or car stalls (won't move forward)
>>
>>17043553
nice whip dawg what size dem rimz bruh ?
>>
>>17043601
The engine shuts off if you are applying a lot of force to the engine. If that makes sense. As in theres no way to go full throttle in sand and let the tires spin. I almost stalled the car trying to drift it in sand, to try to give you a better picture.

Also, after getting it unstuck it idles at 4k. Im figuring i also broke some throttle sensor at the same time and it's unrelated.

I bought it from a random dude, but he seemed pretty honest. I definately didnt consider the clutch at all when buying it, i was thrilled i drove it all the way home
>>
>>17043635
Hahahaha i actually already bought my favorite e36 m3 rims. Gonna swap when no tread left
>>
>>17043636
After all this i drove it around. I chucked it into second and it made a clunking noise under the car. The gears feel fine which is weird to me, there is literally no grinding at all
>>
>>17043636
Okay I can understand that. It sounds related to your engine or engine electronics. A broken throttle position sensor could definitely cause this issue as the engine computer does not know how much the gas pedal is being pressed. It could also be a timing sensor(crankshaft/cam position) and the engine computer does not know how fast the engine is turning. Make sure everything is plugged in correctly. Of you have no check engine lights (verify it turns on by turning key to on position without starting the car, it should light up for a moment or more). If it never turns on then check for codes.
>>
If i try to drive it through the deep sand again, even if i have a lot of momentum, the engine stalls.

I'm not driving around in sand anymore I'm just trying to explain it. I'm more than willing to make a video if yall cant understand me
>>
>>17043673
No check engine light, and i have the bulb. I have all the BMW dealership software for my new one, ima go see if ODBII works with this car.

Good idea, thanks!! :)Didn't consider engine

Brb
>>
>>17043654
Also go to a BMW forum. I know you said you were on /o/ for a reason but this is not the place to find good help>>17043680
>>17043693
I mean, idwant to see the video anyways just to see what you come up with.
>>
Your new ride looks pretty good, OP. Good luck trying to figure this out.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170418-172411.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170418-172411.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Hey all, i fixed my "transmission" problem.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170418-172416.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170418-172416.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>17043740
>>17043719
>>17043673
Thank yall :)
>>
Your throttle cable was fucked??

I was going to suggest the traction control. In these cars there is a throttle plate that will close when the car detects slip in the rear, making it feel like it's 'stalling' under throttle
>>
File: 5bmz6zcm5gay.jpg (192KB, 550x533px) Image search: [Google]
5bmz6zcm5gay.jpg
192KB, 550x533px
>>17044126
That's funny! Just a misrouted wire. Hope you enjoy your new purchase Anon glad we could help!
>>
>>17044130
Believe it or not youre right-ish. I believe the stalling was because of the throttle + traction control (that i cant turn off bc the button is broken). Now it doesnt stall
>>
>>17045109
>(that i cant turn off bc the button is broken)
Pull an ABS fuse or relay. Unless you don't want it disabled to the point of having to plug a fuse back in to use it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.