[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vintage car theft protection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: desc_973777921_00.jpg (79KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
desc_973777921_00.jpg
79KB, 1000x1000px
Hey /o/, I'm twisting my mind a little. I'm planning to buy a 70s US truck (in yurop though) and since we got lots of scumbags here, I want to give it a little extra protection since it lacks all the modern theft protection of recent cars.

So I thought perhaps a racing car emergency switch with removable lever like pic related. Any other Ideas?
>>
>>17042006
I got a wiper defrost switch from the junkyard to fit in the blank spot it goes in on cars like mine without the cold weather package, and wired it so you have to be holding the switch to start the engine. No nigger would ever guess that.
>>
>>17042006
just pull the distributor cap n yer good m8
>>
File: Thinking.jpg (9KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking.jpg
9KB, 340x270px
>>17042021
Damnit, that sounds clever. So you bascally wired it between the car lock, relais and the starter?
>>
>>17042036
Yeah, just ran wire from the defrost switch's on/off pins to interrupt the starter relay ground wire. If you want to make it more authentic, you could also make the illumination on the switch work too, if it has it.
>>
>>17042050
I really love that idea - my only problem is, that the truck I'll be buying wont have free slots - or any slots at all.

But I will use your Idea for my daily.
>>
Anything that makes you have to do something while doing something is a giveaway.

I like Anon's idea about the button.

How hard would it be to hook it into your seat belt so you would have to put it on to start the car.

Would be totally discreet.
>>
>>17042077
With modern cars it would be easy as fuck.

I mean "modern" as in "modern enough to have a seatbelt warning buzzer or light"
>>
>>17042077
Not hard at all, especially if your latch already has wires running to it to turn on the seatbelt light in the gauge cluster.
>>
>>17042006
so make it so a stock function also doubles as a kill switch. for example put a relay inbetween the 'start' wire and use something like the momentary hi beam to activate it. or you could add a few switches that actually do stuff like aux lights and seat warmers but also hook them up to the relay in a way that only when theyre all on the car will start.
>>
>>17042096
>>17042099

If it were my car, that would be the direction I would take.
But I drive the "criminal" proof standard transmission.
>>
mine came with this key that you have to put in the ignition to start it
>>
>>17042142
Mine has this feature where there weren't many different variations in key cuts between cars, so it's not unlikely another key will open it. It also doesn't have a transponder chip.
>>
I don't think my car has a starter relay. What other things could I wire a switch to that don't have huge currents?
>>
File: 100_7356.jpg (42KB, 642x481px) Image search: [Google]
100_7356.jpg
42KB, 642x481px
>>17042006
I wired a switch in the neutral safety circuit. Flip the switch off and the car will turn on but the starter wont crank.

I also have a remote battery disconnect. Similar principal to what you posted but uses a huge relay to switch the battery on or off.

Also dont forget a hood lock. Batteries tend to go missing from old trucks.
>>
>>17042166
Just slap a relay or transistor in there.
>>
>>17042006
hidden fuel pump cutoff switch
>>
>>17042357
Thank you, yeah I already noticed that you can open the hood from outside.
>>
>>17042374
This.

OP: get that switch in your pic and put it somewhere next to the battery so you have to open the hood to see it (so no thief will notice that there's something missing in your dash)

Then get a couple of those metal flip switches and wire them to

Fuel pump
Starter -

And hide them under the dash -there's tons of space in old trucks. That's should be frustrating enough to any as hole because what they don't have is much time to search for hidden shit
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.