[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/ Feels Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 73

File: Sad Miat.jpg (2MB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Miat.jpg
2MB, 2000x1125px
Share your automobile feels /o/
No feel is too big or small, fast or slow
>>
>no monies
>shitbox of my dreams gets exported to 3rd world countries left and right
>at the same time prices rise higher and higher for good ones

I'm running against the fucking time.
>>
>Rust eating away my rear fenders
>To the point where I can't just fix this I need to cut an weld a new one along with a new whole repaint
>No money for all this
>>
File: 1479690669127.jpg (35KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479690669127.jpg
35KB, 480x480px
>Mazda dealer has ND RF in soul red
>Go in, hoping to god they offer me a test drive
>Only own shorts, hoodies, sneakers
>Too shy to ask for a test because its obvious by my appearance I can't actually afford to buy it
>Try to make it seem like I'm interested in buying
>Take pictures of it and read the leaflet
>Still nobody trying to sell it to me
>Leave and drive off in my beat NB
>mfw
>>
>>17041427
What shitbox is that?
>>
>>17041447
That's because you acted like a total beta who actually wasn't here to buy the car, not your look. I worked at a Porsche dealership and most of the time real loaded people came dressed very casually. On the other hand if someone came just to kick tires or try to get the lowest possible lease deal on a base Cayenne it was always a dude who (at least in his mind) was dressed very fancy.
>>
>>17041459
But anon I feel like a dick wasting their time
>>
>>17041473
Was the dealership busy? If not they were just absolutely bored and would have loved an excuse to go out and do something.
>>
File: rlqtwhm5m3e5nfwbg4y1[1].jpg (32KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
rlqtwhm5m3e5nfwbg4y1[1].jpg
32KB, 800x450px
>>17041487
Nah it was empty
Aight you've convinced me, I'mma go test that batmobile
>>
File: mooncar.jpg (10KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
mooncar.jpg
10KB, 300x225px
>>17041427
Same for every car lately, month after month I have more money to buy the dream shitbox but the prices keep on going higher
>>
I grew up and got real bills and responsibilities and now I can't enjoy driving anymore because all I see when I try to hit the canyons or track is visions of repair bills and losing my job because I wrecked my car.
>>
File: IMG_1948.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1948.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>new engine
>new carpet, reupholstered seats
>electric gremlins gone
>most rust holes gone, got one more patch to tackle
its almost done, but heres the problem

My goal was to have a fixed up landbarge wagon to enjoy and tow with. But in a way i had more fun fixing the car than i do driving it, to me its just a car, but i liked real world puzzle solving and using my hands instead of what i wanted to use the car for

Now i just want to buy cars to fix, im not interested in driving anymore, has anyone else experienced this feel before?
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>Been driving this qt from work home for the past couple of months whenever we work together cos it's literally on my way home.

>she still hasn't offered to exchange numbers and stuff. even on a platonic level. we have nice flowing combos with laughter and stuff too in the car.

>same qt never notices or makes comments after I clean my car (whether it's inside or out)
>>
>>17041600
make a move soon, pussy

she turns you down, turn her down for rides
:^)
>>
>>17041600
You've got to make a move anon
>>
File: 5765362565767647.jpg (44KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
5765362565767647.jpg
44KB, 409x409px
>tfw your car is piece by piece coming together to be exactly what you want it
>that warm, fuzzy feeling every new "piece of the puzzle" falls in
>>
File: 1486027279546.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1486027279546.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>Sold my summer car last year to pay for legal fees
>Kept my winter shitbox as winter was approaching
>Winter shitbox is my DD right now
>4l60e is over 150k, torque converter is on its way out
>4.3 needs lower intake gaskets done, but it's a task I don't want to do
>Rockers, front bumper, rear bumper, passenger fender, and the hatch are rotting bad this year
>First winter I didn't spray everything and I didn't wash it religiously in the winter and everything went to shit quickly
>Just patiently browsing Craigslist, Normiebook, and cars.com for a pristine Ranger FXII

I've never felt so impatient before. I've always had a summer vehicle and a winter beater while searching for a new set of wheels.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>doing 80, in the dark, down a 1.5 lane b-road you've never been on before.
>>
>>17041596
>has anyone else experienced this feel before?

hehe, for sure, for sure. But my experience says that its only because youre finished now and have to fill that "hole".

But then again, there are lots of people who make good money by buying shitheeps, fixing them and selling them afterwards.
>>
>tfw driving my little NB and hit some clay on a sharp corner and spun out
>Nearly save it but I hit a sign and now there is a large dent on the passenger side of my qt shitbox NB
>tfw no fucking money to repair it
>>
>>17041447
Call to schedule a test drive.
>>
File: Attach11420_20170404_143952-1.jpg (555KB, 1188x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Attach11420_20170404_143952-1.jpg
555KB, 1188x1080px
>driving dad's car
>raining HARD
>traffic
>going probably 30mph
>car in front of me slams on their brakes
>they have abs
>I don't
>Lock up the wheels
>no time to do anything
>slide into the back of them
>Insurance totals car
Kill me
I loved that car
>>
>on fast two-lane road
>light goes red
>slow down and stop
>rev engine a little
>pops and bangs
>here we fucking go boys
>hold brake
>rev engine to 3k and hold it there
>ready steady go
>light goes green
awww yisssss

my dick is always diamonds when this happens
>>
>>17041422
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szNTIRb09b0

i
fucking
love
my MR2

It inspires so much driving confidence and the unique factor that comes with the car sits so well with me. It's a complicated car...and im a complicated person. Often misunderstood by the uninformed (yes im talking about snap oversteer) but once understood you develop a deep appreciation for what it is.
>>
>>17042020
Your 2000's Mazda doesn't have ABS
Buy my 80's Buick does?
>>
>>17042020
At least nothing of value was lost and you ain't dead
>>
>relatively new car
>a-pillar trim kind of pulls off, it has some weird fucking design where they used injected mold plastic on one piece they flows through the whole of another piece and keeps them together. Not flush with headliner now
>can't just push the plastic through the hole
>gotta figure something out cause I want it flush
May shave off the plastic and gorilla glue a small screw...then a washer and a piece of plastic...fuck idk. I'm not handy. Cheap shit. And it doesn't look OEM this a-pillar trim goes from the pillar all the way to the seat buckle
>>
File: 1492393680315.jpg (12KB, 236x243px) Image search: [Google]
1492393680315.jpg
12KB, 236x243px
>>17042181
are you me?
>>
File: IMG_0123.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0123.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>17041422
>some ass hat stole my aw11 and when they found it they stole my radio and demolished the engine somehow
I got it back with a blown head gasket and when I opened the valve covers 4 valve springs where gone and grinded into bits by the camshafts and now my mr2 has been sitting with coolent in the engine for 7 months now because the engine was so fucked it wasn't worth investing a lot of money on the engine so I bought one that came off a ae86 her name is lyra because when I got it I saw that constellation when I drove home in it when I bought it. Sorry for my autism
>>
>>17042219
Yeah
My 88 BMW has ABS too.
Not sure why the Protege didn't.
>>
>drive RR in the rain on bald tires
>expected hectic
>
>stomp on the gas at roundabout
>
>
>nothing
>
>traction control or something like this
>
>SUDDEN UNDERSTEER
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: 1461116525958.jpg (28KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1461116525958.jpg
28KB, 512x512px
>>17041445
I'm pretty much in the same boat man. I might have to start looking at getting a new car soon simply because the rust is starting to reach the critical mass where all the running gear needs to be replaced as well as serious bodywork.

If I'm ever führer I'm making road salt illegal.
>>
>>17041445
Cut, weld, and prime. Save up for the paint job.

>>17042364
>standard wheels on a MK1a
Yes lad.
Still got a set I bought for my AW11. Trying to sell them is turning into a right bitch but I can't bring myself to sell them as scrap.

>tfw four new tyres
>>
>>17041422
>imported car
>sitting in a parking lot of importer company waiting for some bullshit code cause the car is rare
>it's gone 4 days over the estimated time to get it
>surgery soon which means I can't drive at all for a while and not work on it for a lot while longer
>race in 12 days
>need to change all fluids and remove precat
>only chance of making it is getting the car tomorrow and working on it all night
end me
>>
>>17042458

I'd fucking campaign for you senpai, I hate road salt more than I hate Britbong chavs and speedobumpos

>Salt the road so that geriatrics and normies can drive

>crashes everywhere erryday regardless

>stopping my shitbox doing underpowered hektik skidding
>>
>>17041574
The only post thus far that hits home

Either everyone on /o/ is insanely rich or are young and do not have any real bills or responsibilities
>>
>>17042468
How much are you trying to sell them for and what kinda tires do they have
>>
>>17042485
death penalty for road salt manufacturers
>>
>>17042505
I paid £120 for the set with bald and mismatched tyres.
Trying to sell them for £80 for the set with no tyres. Everyone wants aftermarkets or they have a MK1b and are after the tear drop rims.
The tyres I had on them had less than 800 miles so I sold those on an MX-5 forum separately.
>>
>be me, 18. Dad goes out of town and hands me the keys to c4 corvette. Had no interest in cars, thought of them as dudes trying too hard with their masculinity and social status
>dad says "drive it, hard"
>go to friends house with it, he likes cars and bikes. Starts spouting off about it to me. Say "whatever, let's go pin it somewhere."
>pull out of his neighborhood with the pedal floored, kick ass end out almost into a pole. Never drove something with more power than a camry, let alone rwd.
>HOOKED instantly. Best feeling of my life. After that moment, whenever I get into a car I don't think of what others think of me and what I've failed in life
>don't care to impress
>don't stress what needs to be done
>feel good about myself and don't care how my life could have gone if I applied myself more
>genuine happiness with no problems for the first time ever
>I turn my life around and move out after getting my own first car ( 87 944S)
>move out and have great girlfriend, soon to be fiance
>dad looks at me with pride and connects with me now

He knew what he was doing. Thank you dad for giving me a chance and sharing what you knew. I'm forever grateful for his trust in me with it and sharing something one of his interests to bring out something in me I never knew was there.
>>
>>17042516

>ALL HAIL OUR GLORIOUS NEW EMPEROR

- when we get flashed by a speed camera, just like President Clarkson once envisioned, do we get a photo certificate and a prize for going FUCKN hektik fast?
>>
>>17042485
Road salt is ruining the environment where it's used too. In the salt belt in the US there have been sporadic instances of drinking water reservoirs being declared unusable because of salt accumulation in them in addition to some marine life die-offs because of high levels of salt in the water. The salt never goes away either so once it's in it's in there effectively forever. It's going to bed a leaded gasoline tier ecological disaster if we keep using it. The worst part is there are tons of alternatives that don't harm the environment, infrastructure, or cars to anywhere near the same degree but they're expensive and the notion that roads should only be de-iced when conditions are extremely adverse terrifies the plebs.

This >>17042516 wasn't me but my official position is that salting a road will be punished by being crushed under several tons of salt at the bottom of a salt mine.
>>
>>17042530
>Hands kid keys to corvette and says drive it, hard.
Your dad is fucking awesome.
>>
>>17042364
Was it a manuel? If yes, then I know what happened :^)
>>
>>17041600
make a move bro
the worst thing that can happen is she says no, then youre back to square 1
>>
>>17042181
Do I have to be worried about MR2 snap oversteer in regular driving or does it only do it if I'm doing a speedy turn?
>>
>>17042737
Yes it was m8
>>
>>17042468
I'll buy your wheels anon
>>
>>17042732
He's a fantastic person, I dont deserve him honestly.
>>
>>17042485
>>17042630
>>17042516
>Move in with gf
>Nice place, nice neighborhood
>Look out of bedroom window
>There's a huge fucking bright yellow road salt bin sitting directly opposite of me, mocking me

Fortunately they rarely sound country roads, which are my favorite for driving anyway
>>
>>17041422
hey thats my miata
>>
Sometimes I wish my car was a cute girl or a pet so I could cuddle with her
>>
good feels
>tfw no emissions cause Florida
>tfw can wear summer tires year round

bad feels
>tfw no fun mountain roads cause Florida
>tfw boomers selling E30's with knock for $2000 on CL because "I KNO WHAT I GAWT"
>tfw rust everywhere
>tfw car is like a sauna in the sun
>tfw shitty drivers because of snowbirds and huge elderly population
>>
File: IMG_3408.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3408.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>17042530
>mfw this low-key gives me /hope/ for my own shit life
Now if I can only find a way to make myself enjoy driving again. The fear of getting tickets and/or a wreck has ruined the experience for me
>>
>>17042757
seconded
>>
>>17042757
>>17043082
It only happens if you do a speedy turn and blip the throttle hard on a low gear
>>
>>17041447
>tfw show up to Mazda dealer in a camo jacket, weeb shirt and black jeans, haven't showered for days
>salesman instantly tries to get me to lease an MX5 ND or throw down for a $9000 Automatic NA with only 17k on it
>test drive ND RF
>salesman insists on riding with me and clearly does not regularly drive a manual
>can smell clutch smoke as we swap seats
>ask to see the NC they have on the website
>they literally cannot find it
>proceed to lose the key for my trade in too

>schedule test drive for 124 Spyder at Fiat
>dress nice-ish
>no pressure
>long, friendly conversation with salesman
>get to test drive it alone
>get back and see a Giulia QV
>get business cards, spec sheets, don't get hassled, yeah you fucking bet I'm going back
>>
>>17042800
I can only do cash on collection, mind.

>>17042757 what >>17043105 said.
What you really need to watch out for is lift off oversteer.
It's even more of a problem if you remove the spare from the front as there's less weight over the front wheels. You'll understeer thanks to the lighter front end and lifting off mid-corner is a terrible idea.
>>
>>17041618
>>17041625
>>17042746

How do I get her number even platonically.

like I'm in rebuild mode after I went full Hikikomori NEET for 2 years. I'm overthinking this shit I think
>>
>>17042219
mine doesnt

>>17042181
every day I drive the same tight, fast road to work. On the way back I see it every day, a white 90's MR2, just sitting in this guy's driveway, badly covered by a single blue tarp. Every day I wish I could drive it. I'm debating stopping one day, going up to the door and offering to buy it, but doing so would kill my savings account dead. I'm torn.
>>
>>17043148
No matter how much shit people give FCA, my Jeep Patriot has been pretty damn reliable for 80k miles and I've never had problems dealing with service and warranty claims. Sort of makes up for the fact that they're going to the shitter in almost every other aspect
>>
>>17041596
>get old car
>fix it
>hate fixing it
>enjoy the drive
Tell you what, I'll drive your car for you, and you can fix it for me.
>>
My Saabaru Aero was killed last month. I loved that car to death, and I put about 80k miles one it. I took it cross country, on trails it had no business being on, blew through countless ice storms. It survived it all without a bit of complaint.

It couldn't survive my transgendered cousin, who ran it into a power pole, totaling it, on a perfectly good road. "He" was a 30 year old man that I was teaching how to drive. That car was the only constant thing in my life, my fun, my stress relief, my freedom, privacy, everything. Hell, car culture was the only way I ever really figured out how to socialize. Now its gone, all because a goddamn 30 year old man couldn't drive. I won't get a third of the replacement cost from the insurance company. I'll end up driving a beater until I'm out of college, and when I'm done, I'll be out of the country.

It will be five years before I can afford a car like that, if I'm even in a place where I can own a car. I could be flying charters in goddamn central africa by then where the only car I can own is a beat to shit jihad mobile land cruiser, or flying soda to the fucking eskimos in canada, or just a smoking hole in the side of a mountain somewhere. All because I had to teach a 30 year old man how to drive. I don't even know what to do with myself anymore.
>>
>>17044460
Make your transgemdered cousin pay for a new one
>>
>>17044460
Filipino detected
>>
>>17044460
Kill your cousin.
>>
>>17043440
You can just flat out ask her.

A less intimidating, but harder approach would be finding something you could do together and asking her about that.
>>
File: 1412727264253.png (67KB, 314x316px) Image search: [Google]
1412727264253.png
67KB, 314x316px
>bought a 07 Ford F-150 for $800 with front end body damage.
>bought replacement parts and fixed myself for around $200
>This thing was amazing for me
>V8 Triton, Black grill with black headlights and black bumpers, no power anything, heavy duty hitch, dark green paint, full bed with suicide door crew cab.
>Driving the shit out of it, towing the shit out of shit absolutely loving it.
>Only have it for about 3 months
>Have some random boomer knock on my door and offer me 5k for it and my trailer saying he liked the look of it
>It was super tempting but I like the truck too much
>3 days later I get rear ended while I'm stopped in traffic
>Bent chassis, all the work I did on the front completely fucked because I got pushed into the truck in front of me.
>Almost in tears not because of the impact and whiplash but because I knew the truck was fucked.

The guy who hit me was an absolute cunt about it too complaining about how my hitch fucked up his ride. Silver lining is his insurance is giving 7k for the truck since they totaled it.
>>
>>17044747
Why are you complaining? You have 1000 invested and you got 7k. you have your pick of trucks to buy with that money. I understand your pain though, losing wheels you love sucks, and whiplash sucks aswell, but try to make the best of a bad situation.
>>
>>17044793
Not a complaint just feels like you said. I brought up the silver lining my dude.
>>
>>17044802
I gotcha man. The reason I haven't called it quits on my shitbox is because I've spent so much time under the hood that I've become attached to it. I have a misfire, a cracked windshield, and a clutch master cylinder to fix and I'll have my baby back.
As for your truck, F
>>
>>17042020
That you, ROCK?
>>
>>17044747
>The guy who hit me was an absolute cunt about it too complaining about how my hitch fucked up his ride.
Honestly if I got rear ended by someone and they bitched at me I'd fucking kill them. Not even meming
>>
>tfw your first car is literally dying more every day

My PT Cruiser that I've had for 6 years is at the end of it's life. Losing compression, transaxle's slipping, rust everywhere, bearings fucked, leaking/burning oil, and the Radiator is like a sieve.
I've put 78k on that car, it was my first car and it has been with me through quite a lot, and to see it suffering and dying breaks my heart, it's like losing a best friend, or like losing a favorite dog. He's been reliable and loyal, and survived hooning, 2 rallycross races, a 650 mile road trip, countless track days, being stolen twice, catching on fire, and towing 2x it's rated capacity on several occasions.

No one thing could kill him, but he's tired now. I am actually sad because it's gotten to the point that I can't possibly fix everything that's wrong.

<3 RIP, PT Cruiser 2007-2017
>>
File: 1492243575494.jpg (42KB, 688x792px) Image search: [Google]
1492243575494.jpg
42KB, 688x792px
>tfw new tyres
>>
File: IMG_3534.jpg (49KB, 736x459px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3534.jpg
49KB, 736x459px
>tfw new shocks
>tfw new tires
>tfw you finally find and fix the mysterious, incessant rattle that's plagued you for months
>>
File: eurobeat intensifies.gif (650KB, 598x444px) Image search: [Google]
eurobeat intensifies.gif
650KB, 598x444px
>>17041824
>>
>>17044928
Wait, are you the guy that ran at stateline rallycross in byron? There can't be that many people that would rally one
>>
>>17042732
that man does not live on mt. olympus, but goddamn he will let his progeny climb on his shoulders
>>
>tfw my 2002 C5 chirps because my harmonic balancer is going out
>tfw it's a $1200 repair and I'm broke
>tfw I need to replace the starter, I have a new one ready to go, but can't loosen the bolts on the exhaust to get to it
>>
File: 1473988125325.jpg (254KB, 2048x1307px) Image search: [Google]
1473988125325.jpg
254KB, 2048x1307px
>live with parents
>no space for a second shitbox

i just want a miata
>>
>>17043440
Ask her for her number in case you can't make it or running late so you can let her know.
>>
>>17045113
:^) you know it.

With proper tyres it's not bad. A bit ass-heavy, but it's predictable. And controllable.
>>
>live in apartment
>lease says you can't work on your car in parking lot
>sees a bunch of brokedown cars in the fucking parking lot that get regularly worked on
>at least knows people who can let me use their driveway because i know the one day i'd try it they'd get on my ass

fuck apartments desu
>>
>live in brazil
>car market is tiny af compared to actual countries
>car aftermarket is poor af and oftenly associated with crime and illegal street racing
>can't buy imported cars due to it's absurd part/repair price that can go over the own car's price (i.e a 1996 328i can cost around 7,5 k usd and simple repairs can go up to 750-1k usd)

and the worst part

>few 90's miatas and all of them are over 16k usd
>>
>>17041492
Do it. you won't regret it. Put the top down at a stop light. put it back up at the next stop light. if the light changes, just cruise through while just lifting the clutch up in first as you transform. Never gets old. Source: ND owner.
>>
>be 18
>about to go to college
>been driving a 89 Civic for years
>well maintained and looks great
>friend desperately needs a car
>decide to give him my Civic because I live on campus and don't really drive anywhere
>five years pass
>friend contacts me for the first time in two years
>says he is having issues with the Civic
>head over to his apartment
>it's now falling apart
>hasn't changed any fluids since I gave it to him
>engine is misfiring left and right
>tires are shot
>interior is full of stains
>rust is starting to build up on the undercarriage
I know it's only an 89 civic, but to see a car that I sunk so much TLC into just to turn into a junk heap really depresses me.
>>
File: IMG_0444.JPG(1).jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0444.JPG(1).jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
I let her go too early because I thought my lifestyle would be incompatible with such a small car. I thought it wouldn't be able to hold my things, and be terrible in the winter. My difficulty trying to repair and sell it led me to becoming unjustly angry toward it, despite it doing nothing wrong. I'm sure it could've made a fine daily. I'm sorry, MR2.
>>
>>17045146
>live with parents
>have space for a second shitbox
>>
>>17045266
Kill him
>>
>pick up shitbox last year, nothing fancy, just something to run me to college and back
>repair stuff on shitbox
>more stuff breaks
>broken things start adding up
>just one more semester of college left for the fall, seriously worried about car leaving me stranded so I bit the bullet, used internship money and traded it for a boring, reliable DD
>New car is more reliable, no problems as far as school goes, everything is as it should be but now I feel... hollow.
>"Anon I like your new car whats its name?"
>"uhh I havent named it yet t-thanks y-you too"
I miss my shitbox /o/
>>
>'99 cabrio convertible had rusted strut tower, didnt now the extent of damage until after new tires
>sold for $500, bought as is Volvo s80, '02
>non-stock exhaust is loud, wheels were bent af and needed replaced, out $300
>sunroof won't work, probably a fuse, but still
>windshield just got cracked by a shit construction truck that won't take responsibility, insurance is collision so it's not covered, out another $260
>bent wheels fucked up my tires, a set of 225/50/17 Michelin is $600
>only takes premium gas, gets like 20mpg
>fucking wiper blades need replaced
>only one key, it's only a key, no clicker
>check engine light I'm afraid to get checked out

going to college in the fall and I'm gonna be so broke
>>
>>17045476
>"I bought a thrashed car with no warranty" the post
>>
>>17045160
Hah, I knew it. IIRC you set some pretty good times. Will you be racing this weekend?
>>
>>17045484
Basically, but what can you do when you need a car for work and you don't have money to get a decent one from a dealership?
>>
> Finally a sunny day
> Feel extra relaxed on drive home from work, windows down
> Get to a certain point on my commute, long, straight road
> Sun is going down, purple and orange skies with thin clouds (retrowave intensifies)
> Cruising in fourth, first chorus of Comfortably Numb plays
> ISTHISWHATITFEELSLIKE
>>
>>17045552
get something cheaper that's easier to fix than the s80 ...
>>
>>17045552
make a more careful purchase
or have a mechanic look car over before buy
you know, the obvious
>>
File: thatfeel.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
thatfeel.png
7KB, 645x773px
>240 rear ended months ago
>still not fixed
>>
>>17045556
That's a good point
>>17045568
Another fair point

Problem is I needed a car immediately, this was the closest to working in my area - we went around roughly an hour or two radius from my house checking out cars and this was the only one that didn't have major problems like vacuum tube issues or shit

Future reference though, what are good brands? My ideal is a Chrysler 300, please tell me why this is a bad choice
>>
File: 20170415_142709.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170415_142709.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
My first track day ended with me hitting a puddle and getting towed out of the mud after 4 laps. It made me scared to go on the track again and potentially crash my only car.

>buy a 1k Civic for track day

Military life makes it almost impossible to own 2 cars, and FUCK going through the excruciating process of trying to buy/sell used cars in Onterrible.
>>
>>17045514
No sir, I'm stuck in MassiveJewShits for the next 3 or 4 months.
At least I have my Prowler here, and an '04 Chevy Aveo to hoon with.
>>
>>17045646
>MassiveJewShits
I'm dying

Anyway, if you are back this way, definitely say hi. I'll be racing a green impreza coupe
>>
File: 1404534301225.jpg (18KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
1404534301225.jpg
18KB, 500x326px
>>17042530
>tfw I know that feel of becoming genuinely hopeful and getting my life turned around despite my past failings
>tfw it was a fucking burmese motorwagon racing cartoon that inspired me and not a cool guy handing me the keys to a corvette

Whatever does the trick, I guess. Godspeed, anon. I'll be rooting for you.
>>
>>17045631
Learn how to drive you casual. I did a track day with no name all season 185s and it was a blast.
>>
AW11 moneypit continues to sit in garage, month has been either too cold, flooded from rain or wind ripping trees out of ground

96 imprezza obs sits next to it, needs new body panels, cops follow it around everywhere I go

b6 audi was just back on the road after idiot in lifted pickup drove over the front of it backing up; tried to say it was lowered and my fault (stock suspension and it was parked at my work's parking lot, middle of the fucking afternoon). brake line failed shortly after; add it to the project cars.

new to me b8 avant drinks more oil than I expected, still within the insane 1qt per 1000km 'normal'. audi forums are rarely ever hopeful experiences.

Just.. tired, man.
>>
File: IMG_6149.jpg (190KB, 750x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6149.jpg
190KB, 750x864px
>tfw warped rotors
>>
>>17045227
I'm on it
>>
>>17045835
jelly of your large garage
>>
>>17045890
no point changing them mate, they'll just warp again. You'll get used to it, consider it a gentle massage from your car
>>
File: AMC_Hornet_Sportabout.jpg (88KB, 549x301px) Image search: [Google]
AMC_Hornet_Sportabout.jpg
88KB, 549x301px
>>17041422
I miss my first car.
76 AMC Hornet Wagon.
Can't barely find them anymore.
>>
>>17046119
It's making my ABS freak out on hard stops, and I need to tow my ATV trailer this summer. It seems I'm the only person with this issue on an '08 Merc Mountaineer.
>>
File: YDirVLQbrBj0c.gif (339KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
YDirVLQbrBj0c.gif
339KB, 250x167px
>>17041422
>tfw some faggot in an autotragic V6 Notang honks at me at a red light because i took .0003 seconds to shift to first

>mfw I couldn't push his shit in because I had my mom in the car with her medication

I failed you, my turbo'd MX-5...
>>
I want an MX-5 with every fiber of my being. It embodies everything I want in a car:

>Fun
>Reliable
>Sporty
>Playful
>Affordable

But I can't have one. At 6'8" I'm just way too tall, I test drove two and no amount of mods would make one driveable for me for more than 15 minutes. Hell, I could barely even operate the clutch everything inside was too damn small, no matter how much I squeezed and slouched...not gonna happen.

FRS/BRZ were out of my price range at the time, also not a convertible.

Camaro/Mustang would be too unreliable, also I hear muscle cars steer like minivans

At 6'8" I should go for an SUV or Truck but fuck I fucking HATE SUV's, and Trucks even more.

Wound up with an Accord Coupe instead, which is fine, but I want to feel the wind in my hair, and rev an engine, and whip it around corners. It isn't even a stick because I switched jobs and have to sit through damn near 2 hours of highway clusterfuck rush hour traffic every day now.

It wasn't supposed to be like this.
>>
>>17042894
Senpai after living in Miami which is flatter than an asian girl's ass, I can say gainesville and Tallahassee at least have hills...

Still have to deal with the worst drivers imaginable, though...
>>
>>17046371
>Mustang, Camaro
>Unreliable
Even a used 80s of either in the manual transmission paired to a V8 will be reliable as a Miata.

>Handle like a minivan
Older Mustangs handle poorly, but an adequate driver can enjoy tracking one.

Even turd gen Camaros handle OKAY. The design is completely flawed and it's hideous regardless how much money you dump into the exterior, it's a performer.
>>
File: 1460831239549.png (765KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1460831239549.png
765KB, 1001x1001px
>>17046371
This might be the only time in my life where I can laugh at someone for not being a manlet like me, and by god, am I gonna laugh.
>>
I'm afraid no one is going to love my 1991 Ranger like I do so i can't sell it. I dont want it to be abused or sent to junkyard.
>>
>>17043440
"Hey, can I have your number"
>>
File: 1485537673626.png (344KB, 518x518px) Image search: [Google]
1485537673626.png
344KB, 518x518px
>need help with working on my car
>only club near me is chock full of boomers and old folk
>only other friends who work on cars either dont know miatas well enough or find me annoying
well shoot
thats what i get for trying to enjoy things in sc
>>
File: vXgTKlt.png (517KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
vXgTKlt.png
517KB, 640x435px
>>17047136
>or find me annoying
this life we live, it's only pain
>>
>>17047190
i dont even think im that annoying, i just want to hang out occasionally, eat some ramen and talk about cars and SOMETIMES ask for help/advice with my own
im not loud or obnoxious nor do i think im imposing i just want to have car friends
>>
File: uok.png (396KB, 436x577px) Image search: [Google]
uok.png
396KB, 436x577px
>>17047194
are you just assuming or do you think they don't like you? Also fuck it, just go to the club. Old people know quite a bit. Anyone got the pic of that miata club that's literally only old people and OP?
>>
File: 20110423A.jpg (213KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
20110423A.jpg
213KB, 1024x683px
>just bought an aw11 as a project that I could work on and hoon since I've been getting increasingly paranoid about crashing my daily on the touge
>fixed almost everything on it, last two parts I need are coming tomorrow so there's a 99% chance I'm finally going to get to take it out for a romp this weekend

so fucking excited, don't know how I'm going to sleep the next few days. pic related, obviously not my mr2 but jesus, how did toyota get it so fucking right with this car? Everything about it screams comfy, timeless design
>>
>>17047203
i genuinely think they dont like me. every time i ask to hang out they flake or make an excuse, and whenever i ask for help they brush me off.
i feel like id be a bit out of place in that club as a whole but i really need the help.
>>
>>17042181
What

Ive owned 3 mr2s and no where near a fag as you
>>
>>17046354
I don't understand people who at a red light don't put it in neutral and put on the handbrake
Unless its just a pedestrian and I know for sure its going to change in a few seconds
>>
>>17047286
I normally do brake pedal when I'm at a light for a while, handbrake is only for parking or hektikk skidz

If the light's about to change I'll just feather the gas/clutch as needed.
>>
>>17047203
>I normally do brake pedal when I'm at a light for a while
How is handbrake less effort than holding your foot on the break, why not give your poor foot a little rest
Also I don't like being blinded by the glare of people's brake lights when I'm behind them stationary
>>
>>17047316
meant for >>17047311
>>
>tfw learning gears
>bought haynes manual for muh volvo
i can finally appreciate cars
>>
I care too much about what people think about me
>>
>>17047330
ye u need to stop it m8. i did for ages, just come to terms with we are a species thats super judgmental but its just a waste of energy. personally i just wrote fuck on it and thought 'im gonna do what i want to do' which is why im a super nerd but eh it doesnt hurt anybody.
>>
>>17047318
I drive tiny cars, my brake lights don't blind anyone that isn't at knee height standing up :^)

also because I like to be as fast off the light as I can, handbrake to shifter is slower than just shifter. I don't even hoon straight off the light, I just like being that half second faster and beating autos on light changes. brake lights isn't something I thought of, I guess there's a pro and con for each scenario.
>>
File: IMG_8141.jpg (3MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8141.jpg
3MB, 3888x2592px
> Be autist
> Somehow get 3/10 girlfriend
> Want to run the touge like I used to before grill
> Want to autocross like I used to before grill
> Want to work on car again before grill
> Can't break up with grill because shed fucking kill me

Dont get in a relationship /o/. Its a trap
>>
File: pw.jpg (20KB, 600x254px) Image search: [Google]
pw.jpg
20KB, 600x254px
watched this last night, right in the feels.
>>
>>17047320
>bought haynes manual for

Based Hoonvo
>>
>>17045890
try driving a thrashed out subaru mate
>>
>>17047548
just do it anyway she won't kill you faggot she'll probably be turned on by the fact that you fucking took action and went out and did something you wanted to do.
>>
File: 1488679796174.jpg (44KB, 320x393px) Image search: [Google]
1488679796174.jpg
44KB, 320x393px
>>17043440
Here's an idea: ask her for it.

>>17047548
I haven't had a girlfriend since sometime after graduating highschool. That was a little over 5 years ago.
>Meet girl after graduating at a senior party out in the woods
>Eventually she moved in with me as I had my own place
>Her car kicked the bucket so I bought her a shitbox Cavalier 5 speed
>Told me she received a scholarship or something for a school in California
>Asked me if I wanted to go; told her I don't like California
>She packed her car, my Cavalier, and drove away for fall classes that fall
>Still calls me from time to time, kind of wish she wouldn't

Lately, every time I've found a girl I found interesting and attractive, they've always had some serious problems or baggage. My personal favorite
>He's my best friend

If I were you anon, I'd just continue doing my hobbies. If she's literally ruining your hobbies, ditch her. I feel like I've seen that Volvo posted her before. Nice shitbox.
>If she's draining you of money and you're no longer able to afford your hobbies, you're not ready to date

Or
>She's just draining you of your finances because you have moola
>>
whens the update coming for EU?
>>
>>17047724
how do I ask for it without creeping her out.

I don't want a gf rn but I do like talking to her
>>
>>17042530
Not to be a downer but maybe your dad was hoping you'd get in a crash so he'd be rid of you? Get drunk with him and ask sometime.
>>
>>17047749
Easiest, friendliest way?
>Can I get your phone number?

Is she into pickup lines?
>Hey, there's a problem with my phone. It doesn't have your number in it.
>>
>>17047724
>I haven't had a girlfriend

I haven't had one

ever
>>
>>17048203
same
>>
>no car
>>
>>17042530
>move out and have great girlfriend, soon to be fiance

>2017
>getting married

idiot
>>
File: 321423354.jpg (50KB, 747x421px) Image search: [Google]
321423354.jpg
50KB, 747x421px
>>17048274
i feel it
>>
File: 1476324876509.png (61KB, 600x608px) Image search: [Google]
1476324876509.png
61KB, 600x608px
>>17048274
I'm right there with you.
>>
>>17048274
>>17048438
>>17048760
At least the bus is reliable?
>>
File: bout to drown.png (156KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bout to drown.png
156KB, 1200x1200px
>>17048274
no gf
no job
no licence
car just broke down
>>
>>17044866
Go to a junkyard and find the parts.
>>
>>17041422
>Be Me
>Let ex have credit card during relationship
>Ruined my credit but was only given $500 limit
>how.jpg
>Fixing credit, come up with brilliant idea
>Buy a Miata with a personal loan and build credit that way.
>After first loan paid off, get second loan for turbo install.
>pay bank like 2k over 3 years to make good credit and buy shit I was going to buy anyways.
>>
>>17048954
Part 2
>see Miatas on CL
>getting excited because NAs are fucking cheap and everywhere
>even see quite a few 1.8 NA8s
>getting super hyped but haven't talked to bank yet.
Super excited and hopeful. I hope the bank doesn't crush my short term dreams.
>>
File: Israel.jpg (139KB, 1370x771px) Image search: [Google]
Israel.jpg
139KB, 1370x771px
>been depressed af for the past ~8 years
>never have any motivation to do anything
>only do stuff when friends or family kind of force me to
>love my car and like the idea of doing stuff with it
>buy parts for car online
>instant feeling of slight happiness, and slight excitement waiting for the part to come in
>part finally arrives
>excited to open it and check it out
>put it off to the side saying that I'll install it over the weekend or whatever
>weekend comes
>too depressed to even do anything with it
>never have the motivation to do any work on the car and get everything installed

Literally have at least $1,200 worth of parts just sitting around that I'll probably never do anything with. Honestly just want to sell everything I own and jump off a bridge, but I can't.
>>
File: sK6T9Ck.jpg (43KB, 614x633px) Image search: [Google]
sK6T9Ck.jpg
43KB, 614x633px
>>17048987

1, Obligatory pic related.

2, what car? Just do it.
>>
>>17048987
Fucks sake man grab a part RIGHT NOW and start ripping the old one off
>>
>>17049009
Can't right now. About to start getting ready for work.

>>17048999
Check'd. The car's a Miata.
>>
>>17048987
You need an anti depressant
>>
>>17048969
>NAs cheap and everywhere
Where. They're almost 4k for a rusted shitheap where I'm at. I'm very tempted to drive down south towards Arizona to buy one as I see them cheap on Craigslist there.

The price difference for the quality I'd return with is drastic enough I could fly down.
>>
>>17049126
> I'm very tempted to drive down south towards Arizona to buy one

I live in a place with one of the lowest cost of living in the country. I see Miata for sale around 3k all the time in varied condition. I plan on buying one that needs work so I can make it my own and save on squeeky clean tax.
>>
>tfw I want a small sportscar/roadster but my Camry is way too fucking comfy and practical for me to trade
>tfw my commute is really short so I couldn't really be able to enjoy the car much anyway
>>
>>17049089
>The car's a Miata.

Sorry, refer back to 1.
>>
>>17044460
>>17044528
>>17044636
Make him pay for it then dead him
>select all images of vehicles
>>
>>17049229
I would love to, but it majored in sign language therapy and lives in a commune supported by parents. Only possession is an overpriced laptop.
>>
I'm stuck in a twingo until I get a real job and I don't know if I should be euphoric or not.

I want to buff it tho
>>
I took my knowledge test today, and failed it at 74%. 21 Correct/8 Wrong.

I cried for five minutes straight once I got home, and I am having thoughts of suicide. I shouldn't be shaken up this bad, but I hate feeling like a failure. I just want to drive already. My life sucks.
>>
>>17049873
What kind of test? College?
>>
My Saabaru Aero was killed last month. I loved that car to death, and I put about 80k miles one it. I took it cross country, on trails it had no business being on, blew through countless ice storms. It survived it all without a bit of complaint.

It couldn't survive my transgendered cousin, who ran it into a power pole, totaling it, on a perfectly good road. "He" was a 30 year old man that I was teaching how to drive. That car was the only constant thing in my life, my fun, my stress relief, my freedom, privacy, everything. Hell, car culture was the only way I ever really figured out how to socialize. Now its gone, all because a goddamn 30 year old man couldn't drive. I won't get a third of the replacement cost from the insurance company. I'll end up driving a beater until I'm out of college, and when I'm done, I'll be out of the country.

It will be five years before I can afford a car like that, if I'm even in a place where I can own a car. I could be flying charters in goddamn central africa by then where the only car I can own is a beat to shit jihad mobile land cruiser, or flying soda to the fucking eskimos in canada, or just a smoking hole in the side of a mountain somewhere. All because I had to teach a 30 year old man how to drive.
What do?
>>
>>17045555
>night time cruise to Dark Side Of The Moon
>Great Gig In The Sky kicks in
One of the nicest drives I've ever had.
>>
>>17049891
Driving. I suppose more commonly it's named the written test.
>>
>>17045266
I know what you mean bro. I know what you mean....

I may not have much ya know but I try and take care of it.
>>
>>17042530
Your dad is awesome and so are you for turning your life around.

For me it was more alike to
>>17045765
I watched Initial D and decided to finally get my degree done and work part time to afford an MX-5. Haven't failed or fluked a single exam since. I will have the degree early next year. Feels good, man.
But it was my dad who got me into cars in the first place as a kid. Thanks, old man.
>>
>>17049998
Where you from anon?
>>
>get affordable dream car
>realize it's not as good as i thought
>slow, no aux and cant really retrofit anything with it because it would look super out of palce.
>even if i install a headunit that would look good on the car, the car would still sound like shit because the car only has speakers on the doorcards and dash. Can't add anything behind me because of the soft top
>live in a nice area but have to drive around shitty areas at night because college, it's terrifying at night. car attracts a lot of unwanted attention
>made me realize how god awful the fucking roads are here, driving it everyday is mostly me cringing at how bad the roads are

>already looking at other things to replace it with.

car in question is a boxster s

i want a truck.
>>
>>17049873
I'm guessing you're a Canada fag like me.

Just practice a bunch of the online ones. You just have been nervous and overthought some questions. Keep trying m8.
>>
>>17050299
Oregon. Sorry for late responses, I was playing video games.
>>
File: 1492607944583.png (573KB, 710x842px) Image search: [Google]
1492607944583.png
573KB, 710x842px
No friends,
nowhere to go
scared to drive anywhere besides the main places I go
scared to go on the freeway
think neighbors are laughing at me because my wrx sits in the driveway when I'm not working.
scared to get close to anyone incase they ask me to go out anywhere.
like cars but hate driving.
>>
>>17050414
>Oregon

Did they get you on the safe following distance? That's what made me fail the knowledge test the first time I took it. Came back the next week and aced all of it, 100%. Don't stress out senpai, just practice and read that handbook.
>>
>>17050800
>scared to drive anywhere besides the main places I go
>scared to go on the freeway
>think neighbors a
At least you still have a WRX, Mine was killed. Car culture is good, go out and meet people. There are a few assholes, but most people are really cool
>>
>>17051247
That was one of the questions that got me. Another was >if the motocycle has its turn signal on... don't assume it's turning

In my mind "Then why the fuck do they have their turn signal on?"
>>
Be my dad
Taught me how to drive a manual. Taught me how to drive RWD meaningfully. Brought me on trails to learn handling through dirt, gravel, mud etc.
One day chilling at the house, notice it's snowing he asks me to go for a ride with him get some miles on my learners permit. Kek ok
He put the top down in his convertible in a snow storm, and told me I had to drive fast enough to keep the snow out of the car while tooling around a parking lot then when I got the hang of it onto the roads (he gave it to me at the end of the day)
Really he is the ultimate auto bro, and I am lucky I was born of his seed.
He never went to college just graduated and got a job in the car industry. He has ok savings but honestly sometimes I worry. I want to ensure that man never has to go to a nursing home.

This turned into more feels than I want.

It's just every time I drive, either daily commute, auto cross, or dirt trails, I always remember back to the man that taught me very patiently. He is the reason I am the driver I am.
If you are reading this I love you Dad
>>
File: no exit.gif (410KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
no exit.gif
410KB, 221x196px
>>17051310
Because they're a complete idiot. Always assume everyone else on the road is legitimately retarded, never put your safety in the hands of others.

>>17050800
>tfw scared of city driving because the streets were built for half the population we have now so rush hour is 6 AM to 8 PM
>tfw I live in the center of the city
>>
I'm getting a mx5 tommrow if the banks get their heads out of their asses and I have a list of what I want to do to it and I can't remember the last time I've felt so in control of my life
>>
>>17044460
1)denounce your cousin as family. Legally refuse to recognize him as blood.
2)rebuild, try again. You gave a goal now.
>>
File: 1994_renault_espace-pic-18800.jpg (126KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1994_renault_espace-pic-18800.jpg
126KB, 1024x768px
>I will never be in the back of one of these again, being 8, playing on my gameboy, bugging my older sister, during the summerholiday, while my parents are looking for the camp site in the south of france and "barbie girl" is playing on the radio
>>
>>17041427
This is europe in a nutshell, all the cheap cars that would be piss easy to fix get sent to some eastern shithole because they dont have mandatory inspections.
>>
File: protectandsurvive.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
protectandsurvive.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>17042485
Kek, salting the road in my bit of countryside in the UK is either done half-aresedly by farmers or people bothering to go out to the bins and shovel it onto the road. Of course this never happens. The main roads on the other hand get fucked. Stay away. Stay indoors. If you see the Orange lorry its already to late.
>>
File: 1470438493981.jpg (181KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1470438493981.jpg
181KB, 900x675px
>>17041422
>Dad will hand me down his 07 Civic
It only has 86hp but im FUCKING PUMPED lads. Gonna have my own ride soon!
>>
>>17042530
Holy shit, I think your dad might be /ourguy/
>>
>take a wrong turn on my way home from construction site I was working at
>sat nav sends me through town centers and backroads
>happen upon a super twisty mountain road
>basically goes nowhere important
>barely any traffic
>100 kph speed limit
>only 15 minutes from my home

>tfw found my very own local touge by complete accident

Northern Germany so mountains are few and far between, and all the good roads within an hour of me have 30 kph speed limits and constant police presence due to bikers getting themselves killed by the truckload.
So happy I found this road, even though it's pretty short.
>>
Just got my license after starting that shit way late and now I've been looking at cars. Really down to get an ep3 sir (>honda xd) because there's a couple on kijiji for ~3k but they all have high mileage and I have no clue if that's bad or not and how to fix shit.
>>
File: 9c0[2].jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c0[2].jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>>17041824
>doing 80, in the dark, down a 1.5 lane b-road I've driven a thousand times before
>except even my high beams look like someone trying to see the road by lighting a fart because Ferd, it's 2 AM so Bubba is coming home drunk from the bar in his truck with one working headlight, there are dozens of deer waiting in the hay fields on the sides of the road just itching to become very expensive fender paste, and the county put down some fresh gravel on the roads so the ass end is trying to break loose at every single corner
>>
>have a Focus ST
>hear about Mountune kit that lets you keep the manufacturer warranty
>it's available in America, England, Switzerland, Austria and just about everywhere in Europe
>but not Germany, where I live
bad feel
>>
>tfw clear coat microabrasions but don't want to buff down the clearcoat
>>
>but a '93 Celica gt hatchback for college
>get it off CL for $900
>know absolute shit about cars, don't care too much to learn
>decide I'll just drive it till the wheels fall off since it's a PoS and "Ah whant a truk"
>6 months without even washing it, only refilling the oil since it leaks
>brother starts browsing here, decides we are gonna fix it up
>whatever man let's wash it
>clean the interior, fix an electric issue, wash, replace tail lights
>love it to death now
For some reason just a little TLC made her beautiful in my eyes, and I wanted to take care of her
I eventually want to do an engine swap to get a little more was out of her but I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm learning through osmosis on this board mainly
>>
>>17049126
>tfw live in az
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/6096750499.html
Fuck if I wasn't broke as shit I'd love this one. Oh well I'll get one eventually
>>
>>17056263
>have Fiesta ST
>order Mountune MP215 kit + intercooler + exhaust through Ford and have it installed by a dealer because muh warranty
>plan to enjoy the car like this until warranty runs out, or at least give it a couple years
>decide I really need more power a couple months later and go the full MR230

Would have saved a whole grand if I just ordered them through mTune and installed them myself. Whatever. I've nearly maxed out the stock turbo so I'm satisfied now.
>>
>>17056328
Yeah I'm telling myself I'll just keep it stock until the warranty runs out but I'm so bummed they don't offer the kit here. 420 Nm torque would be breddy nice.

Might just get one of those race chip boxes for €500 and remove it each time I take the car in for a service, but then I'm pretty sure they'll still be able to tell something's up from the ECU.
>>
>>17056230
Nice dude, getting your first car is pretty sweet
>>
File: 20170419_144922.jpg (3MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170419_144922.jpg
3MB, 2576x1932px
I have to wait two more weeks to finish my wheel swap
>>
>>17045765
I used to be into muscle cars, but got bored of the scene, sell of car to get a honda accord

Watch initial d, start getting into cars again, built a touge monster.

Feels good man
>>
>watch cash for clunkers montage
>immediately go outside and sit in the driver's seat of my '99 Integra
>think to myself that she could have been one of those cars
>rub the dashboard for a solid 20 minutes telling her that I'd never do that

D-do I have autism?
>>
>sell mustang
>buy 1/2ton sierra
>drive 1/2 ton pickup for 4 years
>wide, long, cumbersome
>death of the soul
>buy shit box bmw
>low, small, tight
>once again enjoy my commute
Feels good to be back in a car.
>>
>>17056230
>tfw no parental help with buying first car
>>
>>17058524
Probably. its ok anon sometimes I rub my cars dash briefly after filling the tank up like it is full and i rub her belly
>>
>>17056263
German here, it's because with the kit it doesn't pass TÃœV so no dealer will sell/install it.
>>
>>17041772
is there a higher resolution vid, either webm or youtube of this?
>>
File: 1273949756395.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1273949756395.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
>>17059128
>Tell parents I'm buying a bike, I already have the cash
>Parents tell me no I'm not, not under my roof etc
>Ask them to go halves in a car if that's what they want me to do
>They tell me to not be a selfish and greedy pig
>Buy bike
>They kick me out
>Rent at new place 2km closer to work is cheaper than they were charging for board
>Ride past every morning and rev at top of driveway

Haven't talked to them since, but I'm kinda sad about it.
>>
>>17059266
>asking parents to pay for half of your car
>getting pissed when they dont want you to ride a bike like a retard
>haha take these revs mom!
you're sounding like a real bitch right now anon
>>
File: 1286622618662.jpg (10KB, 180x204px) Image search: [Google]
1286622618662.jpg
10KB, 180x204px
>>17059271
I wanted a bike, I coughed up the 5k cash from working youth rates while paying $140/w board.

I offered them a choice, what would you have done, anon? Sit there and do what your parents tell you to do because they said so?
>>
>>17059286
>asking for halves
>having 5k in savings
>not getting a shitbox or just leaving without conflict
>going out of your way to be a dick
>>17059286
Could've always left on decent terms instead you were a pissy little cunt who resents his parents. How's being an angsty teen anon?
>>
File: 1485830641297.jpg (125KB, 850x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485830641297.jpg
125KB, 850x640px
>only have a couple car buddies
>they're both stancefags and never wrenched before
>more worried about instagram followers than track times

>go to the usual car meet
>talk to maybe 5 of the 50 guys with proper street/strip cars
>they're all reminiscing about the old days street racing
>ywn grow old with your buddies racing because they're busy whoring out on instagram
>>
>>17044460
your cousin isn't Forrest, is he?

You should punch him if that is him.

There's a reason I don't let anyone drive my cars. Also why is it that trans people are always incompetent shut ins who never did anything normal like learn to fucking drive?

Out of all the trans people I actually know, one knows how to drive and has a license. Everyone else bums rides off of friends and puts on a woe is me attitude

fuck you forrest
>>
>see dream shitbox in other state.
>Drive fuckbucket to get it.
>Leave fuckbucket. Drive shitbox
>Oil line bursts on highway
>Turbo compromised.
>Have no fuckbucket or shitbox now
>>
>>17051390
I didn't need these feels
>>
File: U8XkHEI.jpg (65KB, 266x266px) Image search: [Google]
U8XkHEI.jpg
65KB, 266x266px
>Looking for DD car on budget
>Budgets low so have to be smart
>Family member was the one who put the money for car into investments
>they're the only one who can take my money out so they effectively control what I buy
>See car I love, older (1992) but I'm willing to take on maintaining it and hear its a great car that could have many good years left ahead with proper care
>Needs nothing, full service records, VIN check shows cars been cared for
>below budget
>get denied access to my own money and told I have to get a 2006 or newer or I'm not allowed to have a dime of it
>need to have a car that week for business
>panic
>go to small lot to test car that seemed okay
>pretty from far, far from pretty
>see another that doesn't looks okay
>raining so I can't see if there's any scratches really
>test drive goes good
>go back, want to know more about it, shop has next to no information on it
>go home, pressured non stop to just get this car
>can't find any info on its VIN number at all
>want to see it again
>its raining again when I go with family
>they won't let me see it again but family insists I buy this stupid car anyway
>blow my entire budget
>get home with it
>radio breaks next day
>business trip cancelled
>rainy weather finally clears up and reveals paint damage all over the front bumper and scratches right long both doors
>rad hoses both spring a leak so it leaks most of the entire coolant tank all over the street
>windshield starts letting in water
>sun roof starts letting in water
>start reading manual, there's multiple dates
>cars had at least 6 owners in the last 5 years
>door handle breaks inside the car
>Climate control shits itself and keeps fogging up the entire vehicle now
>have shop look at it
>"Y'know, your front struts are about to start to go"
>Struts were advertised as newly replaced
>"Lol, anon you should've just raised your budget and this would have never happened!"

I feel like an idiot for getting into this, I don't even really like the car
>>
>>17056183
putain de bordel de merde la nostalgie qui frappe dur.
>>
File: 1468634621723.png (55KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
1468634621723.png
55KB, 300x301px
>have 50k in the bank
>68k left in mortage
>tfw want to buy something exciting but the sensible me say buy another apartment and keep being miserable

I just want to be happy but I also want to be successful financially.
>>
>>17061627
Shit man, that's bad. Did she give a reason why it had to be 2006 or newer?
>>
>>17061764
Not him but if I had to fathom a guess

"old cars are bad and unreliable okay, they're all treated like trash so it has to be newer because they won't be because they're new"
>>
File: IMG_20170217_144600951_HDR.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170217_144600951_HDR.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>17061767
I almost had this experience when I got my first car. I told my mom that I wanted this clean Integra and she was like "umm, isn't that car like 15 years old? Don't you want a newer one?"

She stopped talking shit once I showed her the maintenance records. Despite it being FF, I fucking love it.

Pic related, muh baby
>>
File: 20130828_104002.gif (216KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
20130828_104002.gif
216KB, 800x600px
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>17061817
Why can't more Mercedes have manuals? Mine has god-tier everything except the transmission. It's a good auto, but it's auto.
>>
>>17062358

everyone and their dog moving to flappy paddle shit, dont expect it to stop any time soon either sadly.
>>
>>17062391
Mine's only a '97, but it's an E-class so that might be part of it.
>>
>>17061764

pretty much >>17061767 along with "they're old so they're going to break because they're old and old things do that, why not get something new because new doesn't break."

This gets even more silly that I was looking at a fucking 92 Accord, probably one of the most ridiculously reliable things out there.

I got the hoses replaced, and got the thermostat replaced at the same time as that was going too. Going to see what I can do myself about everything else, see whats worth putting money into, and probably sell it so someone else can deal with it and recoup some of my money on it.

Then I'm going and buying whatever the hell I want and giving it all the love it could ever need, admittedly I can't really love a car that I have instant regrets about ever seeing.
>>
>>17041422
>moved to new city for new job
>needed reliable, economical car under warranty
>buy a boring, reliable, economical car.
>fucking hate new job
>quit for different line of work
>no longer need reliable car under warranty
>can't get rid of it because it's boring AF
>can't buy a project car because payments for boring car + other bills and shit (new job pays way less)
>litrally spend every night watching street racing videos knowing it'll be years before I can get a project and build it up to take it out racing

I seriously hate my life right now.
>>
File: image-20170412_191451[1].jpg (4MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
image-20170412_191451[1].jpg
4MB, 3036x4048px
>slowly working on a rolling restoration of my first car
>Very slowly but it feels better to make the car "better" every time
>Eventually am going to have to tackle the rust but it's garaged all the time so rust isn't really getting worse.
>don't have the time to work on it nor space nor skills
>Pic related was couple weeks ago, gave it a good wash.

also

>Have 30K in the bank
>Make 44K a year
>Need to better myself to make more cash in a better job
>Want to move out but will NOT do anything less than buying a house
>Will not buy a house with less than 2 car garage and space for a polebarn
>know gf will probably move in with me, she makes like probably 30K a year
>Don't want to get stuck in a 30 year fucking loan so want to put down big down payment (hence 30K in bank)
>Can buy a lot of cars I want (E46 M3, E39 M5, Z3M, AW11, 500 SL, C4 Vette) but living at home no place to put them and dad already stores my shitbox from above and my DD, couldn't ask for a spot for a 3rd car.
>Know as soon as I buy a house I will be totally sapped of cash and not be able to buy any car I want
>No motivation to better myself though, instead dropping several hundred bucks every other week or so on my PC or on gadgets because "lol I can afford it."

How to get out of this rut?

>>17042219
My 05 focus does not have ABS, late 90's early 00's shitboxes are wonderfully stripped down.
>>17042181
I want one of these. Prefer an AW11 though due to looks.
>>17042364
Beautiful.
>>17044928
>tfw when my first car is immortal, bought it with 295K on it and it's up to 318K now.
Not problem free but it's like working on a fine piece of machinery, like servicing an old tractor from like the 30's or something that you know will just keep on ticking forever if worked on.
>>17045341
give me it
>>17047548
my grill loves me and both my shitboxes don't get a shit tier waifu
>>
>>17062611
also also

>drive back and forth to gf house
>every so often see bunch of bros with hoods up in some random lot, usually sears or something
>SRT4s, lexus is300, just all kinds of stuff
>never pop in there because feel like my cars are too shitty to talk about

also also also
>dude i know posts videos of him and his buddies drifting all over random places throughout the city
>actually drifts competitively
>has LS swapped S13, buddy in E36 3 series, few other cars too
>always looks fun as fuck they're really good at it
>don't have a fast car like this, want a fast car like this so I can join them in shenanigans and learn to drift and just have fun street shark'n as they call it

fuck
>>
>>17062611
That's not a Volvo, is it?
>>
>>17062652
No, 1990 300CE.
gf will be the volvo owner, she wants a 240 in the worst way. I've considered a V70R to replace my Focus a few times.
>>
File: 1398313597720.png (459KB, 734x810px) Image search: [Google]
1398313597720.png
459KB, 734x810px
>>17062663
Your gf has excellent taste in cars.
>>
>every couple of months, buy a carfax to check on first car
>he's done as much mileage since you sold him as you put on him
>it's been about the same amount of time

>he's missed his registration this year
>he's probably gone

I hope he is/was happy.
>>
>>17047203
>>17047194
agreed, old people can be out of the loop sometimes but they really know their shit, plus almost always give good advice.
>>
>>17062712
That's so sad though my heart can't take this.
>>
File: 1240393095655.jpg (78KB, 639x595px) Image search: [Google]
1240393095655.jpg
78KB, 639x595px
>Inherit car from my grandfather
>stupid kid, badly maintain it, people used its back seat as a garbage disposal because they knew sooner or later I'd deal with it
>go through some bad times, the car sat for months at a time at one point due to my mental health hitting the fan
>one day something snaps
>spend the next month learning how to take better care of the car
>found a new love for the car I'd never had before
>Went driving through the night just to enjoy it
>was going to make my grandpa proud for leaving it to me
>I'd listen to the CD he always listened to and hummed along with it, like he did all those times we'd go driving together
>the only time where things made sense
>going through shit at home, more than a few tears were shed, more than a few times a lot of yelling at no one happened
>cleaned up the car, was going to replace a bunch of small things and give the car a new life
>she lived through all the abuse
>suddenly rattling noise one day
>a whole wack of things went in it all at once
>too much to repair, costs far higher than the cars worth
>mechanic says its a miracle she didn't break sooner, as so much as a rough bump in the road would have knocked the rear tires off
>all the neglect caught up with her, just as I learned how to take care of her
>have to scrap her
>call the yard to come get iher
>sit in the car, just pissed at myself for being so stupid for so long
>take my things out
>just sit there staring at the steering wheel while waiting
>listen to the CD for old times sake
>get to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQel84DIZmE
>tears
>watch them take her, want to stop them but know its too late
>still miss seeing her outside
>miss all the stupidity about her, all the problems she'd have that I was fine with
>still go to turn the dial for the lights when I get in my new car only to realize its not there

I-I miss her anons, she wasn't even an amazing car and she guzzled gas, but I feel like I failed.
>>
File: 20170421_193730.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170421_193730.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>get sideswiped by a French Canadian
>have to get door replaced at shop
>new door sits just a tiny bit differently than the original
>have to see this obnoxious panel gap every time I get in my car

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: Accord2.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Accord2.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>17062852
That's sucks Anon, body work is so bullshit, I've got uneven gaps and a paint mismatch from a previous crash on the front clip.

Also

>Grandmother gives me her Honda Accord and I love it
>Some cocksucker could also hit this thing and take her away from me because it's worth less than $3000
>>
>purchase old mazda as a toy/learn to wrench
>few problems, fix them and it becomes mostly reliable
>crack the shits with its carb issues and rip the engine/gbox out
>replace with bridgeport rotary/5 speed manual and heaps of trick parts
>car is now infinitely faster/cooler
>car is now too loud and a pain in the ass to live with
>>
>>17044928
F

>>17045266
I'm sure the court will understand if you run him over with the Civic.

>>17050319
Live and learn. Good luck finding a truck.

>>17051390
Your dad sounds pretty cool.

>>17062827
I'm sorry for your loss, anon.

>depressed
>quit job and move back in with parents
>do nothing since January
>parents are worried, feel bad but too depressed to do anything about it
>dad urges me to purchase car to get out of the house
>procrastinate because I don't want to buy a reasonable but lifeless shitbox
>remember my old dream shitbox
>decide to deal with running a pigfat V8-powered sedan in SoCal
>finally find a decent one last week but it needs some work, buy it anyway
>second-guess the purchase immediately
>drives better than I expected, start to love it
>learning how to maintain and care for it
>went to a junkyard today with my dad to search for parts
>relationship with dad starting to improve around this project
>still feel fucked up but slowly pulling myself together

We're gonna make it /o/.
>>
File: elantrasport.jpg (605KB, 1707x857px) Image search: [Google]
elantrasport.jpg
605KB, 1707x857px
>been driving shit box for years to get through college
>get good job
>finally get something nice

it's nice /o/. the 6MT feels great, the torque from the turbo, the nicely bolstered leather seats, the burbly exhaust note with occasional snap crackles and pops.

all the hard work paid off. sure it's lowkey, but i really like my first new car.
>>
>>17041422
I've always loved and related to cars, and I've had my fair share but none have been super soul machines, save perhaps the very first one, a 190E 2.3-16. But life rolls strangely and my DDs need to be mostly reliable. However, I did happen to be in Vegas for a biz trip with dad and this happened...
>fly in to LAS two days before birthday
>got a big convention to present at
>meet dad at hotel
>he says he's been to Vegas more than a few times and knows what to do for fun
>cards? Grand canyon? Helicopter? Machine guns?
>we go to dinner with a customer the next night and he says he's going to the speedway to take a couple laps in a Gallardo
>dad lights up, remembers his son loves cars, and asks if I wanna do that
Uh, yeah
>so morning of bday woke up early, answered emails in boxers, new avicii song comes on
>I could be the one
>this should be a good day
>we get there right as the staff was starting and warming up the cars with a couple laps
>aventador, sls, gallardo, 991T, r35, r8 all roaring around the technical course
Obviously some were more expensive that others and went by lap, not time

Coooooontinued...
>>
>>17065311
So I'm at the front desk and they give me a menu of sorts, with pricing and cars. Dad kinda cringes and pulls corporate card. Says do whatever
>lot to choose from, never driven any of these, let alone anything similar on a track
>then I see it... aww yeah
>requested 5 laps in the f430 scuderia

>waiting in the pits was an eternity
>helmet on, felt like a dweeb, sweating balls cuz Vegas
>I was the last to be called, fuckers
>instructor walks me out to the car
My god it was gorgeous
>pull the handle, holy shit I didn't know doors could be this light
>get it, holy shit I never knew how low you sat
>settle down, holy shit there's no ball room... but wiggling around a bit was better
>hey wow this seat fucking hugs me
Homeboy gets into passenger seat, gives me a minute rundown of dos and donts
>fire it up!
>push the big red button, depresses with a satisfying click followed by a waking bellow behind me
>fuck that's delicious

Cont...
>>
>>17045176
do it anyway
>>
>>17047136
>>only club near me is chock full of boomers and old folk

are you kidding, anon? They're unironically the primary consumer base for the Miata. The Miata was literally just a reliable MGB when it first came out, so boomers naturally love the thing.
>>
>>17065327
>pull the paddle for first and he points where to join the exit road, which was long and straight
>dude says "get used to the accel here as well as how the brakes bite. Pin it"
It wasn't really the speed or the noise or the feeling of getting pushed into the seat that really got me
>it was all of those things combined
>but also the fact that the hands don't move much at all... the cacophony of all senses but taste being tingled in a whole new way simultaneously
>I could argue I tasted something new as well but it was probably brain trying to make sense of it all
We got to a stop point where I was to pull onto the track. We wait as the jet-whoosh of the 991, the gargle of aventador, roar of gallardo and an r35 blew past. I remember being very disappointed at the near zero noise from the r35 (it had just hit the market, this was years ago)
>dude says GO
>pedal down, intake surge, song of valves, chirp of tires and suddenly I'm introducing my ears to new levels of tolerance
>sounded like a swarm of angry bees constantly chasing me with an amplifier attached
UP!
>oh right, change gear
>pull a paddle and instantaneously get that hard kick up my spine... not painful, more confidence inspiring
>immediately miss the 8000rpm crescendo
>aaaaaaand there's 8000 again!
UP!
>aaaaaand there's 8000 again!

Cont
>>
File: 1.png (3KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
3KB, 500x500px
>>17065361
>the cacophony of all senses but taste being tingled in a whole new way simultaneously
>I tasted something new as well
Slaanesh approves.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1492855165597.jpg (11KB, 321x321px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492855165597.jpg
11KB, 321x321px
>>17065361
>Brake...DOWN!
>face melting deceleration isn't as fun as face melting ascent but by God was it interesting
>turn one, miss apex, no big deal
>crank hard on the wheel, I'll be damned this feels like karting
>in a kart from hell
>the singing, barking, shouting, popping, kicking, pushing and pulling kart from hell that I am currently controlling. Unreal.
I started to focus on not fucking up turns and the rest of the laps were kind of a blur. Wave after wave of an 8 cylinder siren begging me to hold just a little longer, interrupted briefly by kicks from the gearbox. I began to love the braking zones but only because it meant I could scream out on the other side.

So we pulled into the pits after five laps, dude has me cool the brakes in the pit. He gets on his walkie and requests two more laps for me, for free...

>stop point, traffic passes...
GO
>and all of the sudden I'm riding the waves again
I could be the one to make you feel that way
>engine pop, burble, bellow, fizz, buzz
I could be the one to set you free
>sing, shout, yell, scream
>felt like two laps were over in fifteen seconds
>but those were the longest fifteen seconds of my life

Crappy pic related, pulling into the pit the first time. They tried to sell me a video of a camera pointed at my face during the laps but I looked and sounded like an absolute tard. But I didn't need it... it's been five or so years and I still can remember everything.

Good car feels. Sorry so long, first time I've ever put it into words
>>
File: 1443122849112.jpg (283KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1443122849112.jpg
283KB, 650x650px
>>17057235
>tfw no ea82 turbo digidash loyale wagon
i miss the comfy night drives in my subaru xt turbo, listening to the cassettes my dad recorded, with the windows down, right after it rained...
>>
File: 20170420_194410.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170420_194410.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Spent weekend plastidipping my new front bumper and then painted the rear one to match.
Paned ONCE on the street, ONCE.
pic related.
I'm a mix of anger and disappointment, I didn't expect the posting to hold forever, but cover on now
>>
File: Fagmobiles.png (676KB, 720x681px) Image search: [Google]
Fagmobiles.png
676KB, 720x681px
>>17041422
>>
>>17059266
Stop revving when you go past and give a little toot of the horn.
Much friendlier way of letting them know you're still safe on your bike.
>>
File: crestfallenkeanu.jpg (14KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
crestfallenkeanu.jpg
14KB, 214x235px
>got to posted to Kingston which has a nearby track with very affordable fees and casual atmosphere
>showed up right when it closed down for winter
>only got a few laps in
>going back to Borden now that it's opening again
>won't be any tracks or twisty roads anywhere within an hour, closest one is made for rich people with money to burn
>>
>>17065779
fuck i was going to re do the plastic siding on mine with plastidip next weekend, how many layers did you put on?
>>
>>17066206
5 layers 40 min between each. I didn't use any sealant or additives. Did I skip anything important?
>>
>>17042364
im sorry man, aw11s are such great cars.
>>
>>17042876
what if it was a cute boy
>>
File: Supra 2.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
Supra 2.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>first car was a '92 Supra 7MGTE
>bought when I was 16, sold it for $700 (paid $500 for it) when I was like 18 or 19 because I didn't have the money or skill to fix it
>I now have the money and skill to fix it
I miss that thing every fucking day, past me was a dumb asshole
>>
>>17042478
>got car
>had surgery
>can only go to garage and look at it
help im being cucked by a literal inanimate object
>>
>>17043546
>every day I drive the same tight, fast road to work. On the way back I see it every day, a white 90's MR2, just sitting in this guy's driveway, badly covered by a single blue tarp. Every day I wish I could drive it. I'm debating stopping one day, going up to the door and offering to buy it, but doing so would kill my savings account dead. I'm torn.
do it thats how you get those cars. Look ar RCR sw20 review.

you mostly have to place all rubber hoses so its around a few hundred or so to fix.
>>
File: 1491381759945.jpg (101KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491381759945.jpg
101KB, 600x800px
>>17045470
>amerilards name their cars
>>
>>17062611
Thanks and You could try to find a a house in yucca valley in California the houses there usually have long driveways and two car garages and if you're lucky you could also find one with a driveway that goes into the backyard for maximum car project safetyness
>>
File: 1482271084584.jpg (103KB, 800x655px) Image search: [Google]
1482271084584.jpg
103KB, 800x655px
>distributor leaking oil
>buy seal/bearing replacement kit
>pull distributor out of engine
>disassemble
>magnets shattered into 20 pieces
>have to buy entire new distributor because replacement magnets are impossible to source
Thread posts: 265
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.