[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any suburban guys here? I want to take a 4x4 suburban and put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: colorado-campervan.jpg (45KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
colorado-campervan.jpg
45KB, 600x399px
Any suburban guys here?
I want to take a 4x4 suburban and put a hightop on it for camping. I saw a few online but not very big ones.
Can I put a fiberglass one for a van up there?
Would like to be able to stand up inside.
>>
>>17040448
buy a land cruiser you retarded poorfag

what's wrong with you
>>
>>17040453
>Toyoshit

Lol, get a patrol
>>
>>17040463
I am okay with this. The only problem is that patrols don't exist in the continental united states.

Just don't get a shitty suburban.
>>
>>17040472
>suburban
>shit

Pick one and only one you autistic mongoloid
>>
>>17040453
>land cruiser
too small
to expesnive
I want this for overlanding
>>
File: x7mgbBV.jpg (4MB, 4160x3088px) Image search: [Google]
x7mgbBV.jpg
4MB, 4160x3088px
Also I will rip out all the seats and put in a bed an kitchen.
would like to be able to stand up in it
>>
What kind of gas mileage do suburbans get?
>>
>>17042394
Low
>>
>>17042525
And probably worse with a poop top
>>
File: Westfalia.jpg (93KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
Westfalia.jpg
93KB, 736x981px
>>17040448
High top or pop up?

For a high top you can rip the roof off a junked high top van or LR Discovery and get creative to mount it for an extra 8-12" of head room. You wont be able to stand up straight but you'll be able to walk without bending completely in half.

For a pop up I'd imagine you'd be fairly limited to new aftermarket, which is going to cost a lot more but mounting should be easier and you can get more vertical space out of them.

While not as common as conversion vans, I have seen quite a few high top conversion Suburbans and I've seen one guy put a Westfalia top on a Suburban.
>>
>>17042394
Depending on age, condition, configuration, and usage, 10-25mpg.
>>
>>17043706
>25mpg
Downhill in neutral with the engine off? You'll get 15 on a good day.
>>
>>17040480
Suburbans are shit

7.3 Diesel Excursion is God of SUVs
>>
>>17043710

1500 diesel, 55mph highway empty should get be able to get that if the factory vacuum system and turbo are intact and working properly, but that's rare since the vacuum system is trash and most people typically replace it with a manual turbo master even if they do keep the puny factory turbo.
>>
>>17040472
I like to shit on suburbans as much as the next guy, but it's not like they don't have their place. For what OP wants to do they'd be ideal. Excursion might be better though because SFA but 7.3s are taxed to hell and V-10s get total shit gas mileage.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.