[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: 20.jpg (159KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
159KB, 1600x900px
Need some help /o/. I hit a 2007 Mustang bumper and cracked it (pic related). They're asking me for C$1200 to replace the bumper. Does that sound reasonable? Or should I get a quote?

Would appreciate help guys.
>>
Hell no, you can buy a new bumper off ebay for less than $200 and do it yourself. It's only held on a by a bunch of bolts and you can do it yourself.
>>
>>17039207
shop around online for a junked mustang and swap bumpers, have bodyshop paint and replace for you you'll save some money
>>
>>17039207
>C$1200

Clearly trying to jew you out there
>>
>about $120 before shipping, unpainted
>maybe $300 - 400 for a paint job
they can fuck right off.

>https://www.revemoto.com/categories/year/2007/ford/mustang/
>$530 painted before shipping
Again, they can fuck right off.
>>
File: sheen.jpg (37KB, 286x286px) Image search: [Google]
sheen.jpg
37KB, 286x286px
>slam your shitbox into someone else's personal property
>damage it beyond repair
>complain when faced with the concept of personal responsibility for once in your life
fucking millennials, i swear.
>>
I kind of fucked up when speaking to them because they said that it costs around 1.5-2.5k to replace. But they asked me how much I was expecting to pay and I fucked up by saying I was hoping around 1k (I fucked up my bumper once - much worse - and it was 1k to replace)

Wat do? Get quote?
>>
>driving 00s sunfire at noon after playing basketball against some college
>stop at routine intersection in a busy part of my neighborhood
>suddenly, BOOM
>WTF, look back
>some business dude driving a black charger
>i get out look, he ran into the back of me, his hood is popped up and i have a tad smudge
>he gets out, apologizes
>i say it's cool
>just drive off as quick as i can
>i dont have insurance
>>
>>17039253
Not really... It was in a parking lot and the owner wasn't around. I left a note... so no. I am accepting responsibility. I just don't want to get ripped off lol.
>>
>>17039256
GO TO A BODYSHOP WITH THEM, BITE THE FUCKING BULLET. YOU ARE LUCKY INSURANCE ISN'T INVOLVED
>>
>>17039256
Yea, get a quote. They're being scumbags when their mustang isn't even worth $5k usd.
Find a quote somewhere. Or like this guy says:
>>17039275
OEM bumper shouldn't be more than $150. Then, the paint...
>>
File: dog dressed as a woman.png (329KB, 499x481px) Image search: [Google]
dog dressed as a woman.png
329KB, 499x481px
>>17039271
>piloting your junk heap in a parking lot going 5 mph
>lose control
>careen your cloth-interior rustmobile into a stationary object
>>
>>17039295
That hurts senpai.
>>
File: 1469640039910.jpg (615KB, 700x1690px) Image search: [Google]
1469640039910.jpg
615KB, 700x1690px
>>17039207
goodyear Nordics, dem Canadian-tire only tires.

Lenses are fine. Get an aftermarket bumper and get it painted the original colour by some random ass body shop. Bolt it on yourself and save a shit ton of money. Owner might bitch and moan how the bumper doesn't match. Paint on the vehicle has seen 10+ years of sun, whereas the bumper is fresh.

Honestly though, why don't you just offer the guy 300 bucks cash and have him drive around with a small crack on their bumper? If that was my own shitbox I'd zip-tie it and call it a day.

>pic unrelated
>>
File: 20170325_181748.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170325_181748.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>17039282
, body work costs money, which is why half the time insurance totals a car that could be easily fixed. Hell I got 900$ from a guy that hit and ran my shit box truck leaving a big dent in the door.

Hell if he had just stayed and not been caught by walmart parking cam I'd of taken 100$
>>
File: 1392918824284.jpg (269KB, 1095x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1392918824284.jpg
269KB, 1095x1195px
>>17039328
no okay, sorry. im joking.

but seriously though. one minute youre putting your crustbucket around a parking lot looking for a space to (probably) abandon it since you most likely cant afford a new inspection sticker. the next, you have created a situation in which insurance companies need to get involved. dozens of adults with jobs are now going to have to spend time fixing this mess you have caused while driving single-digit mph. people are literally going to get paid to reconstruct the crash scene you have created.
>>
So get a quote is the best call yeah guys? Think I'll do that. Appreciate the help!
>>
The amount they are asking is likely after they took it to a bodyshop. It also depends on if other components were damaged.
I had an accident on the highway (my fault) where I nudged a guy's trailer hitch. Went through my grill, fucked up the plate, etc. Quote for repair was about C$2000 or so, since it (supposedly) crumpled a bunch of things; thank God for insurance...

Definitely pony up what they want. Otherwise they can likely get insurance involved and they your premium will go up.
>>
>>17039422

Nahh. Happened yesterday afternoon. They said they didn't go to a shop yet, but they can later this week. Unless of course, they're lying to me.

Regardless if they send me a quote for it, then sure, I'll pay it.
>>
File: 1479405499433.gif (794KB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
1479405499433.gif
794KB, 500x251px
>>17039253
>beyond repair
Bullshit, but I wasn't expecting someone who generalizes millennials to be knowledgeable about anything.
>>
>>17039422
Also, should add. It's not like I slammed into it, so I think I just cracked the cover.
>>
>>17039434
go on yelp.find highest rated bodyshop.send to them.tell them "lets meet up and get this fixed". meet at bodyshop.Pay up dummy
>>
>>17039434
>>17039447

Yeah, that looks like a fairly small crack, so I doubt it damaged anything else on it. I'm not a huge aut/o/ist, so other people's pricing on a bumper is likely legit. However, I doubt these people will be installing it themselves, so you are also paying for the work to get it done.
You're call on if you wanna pay what they ask now, or wait until after they go to the shop. Its likely that if its more than $1200, you'll be hearing from em for the rest...
>>
>>17039470
Yeah I guess that's the main angle I'm trying to approach from. Is this gonna be more than $1200 at a body shop? I don't really know...
>>
>>17039207
idk why but this picture reminds me of that one cuck that modified his girl's car and eventually she left him anyone have that thread?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.