[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOLY SHIT THE LEXUS IS-F IS LEAKED!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: IT IS COMING!!!.jpg (107KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
IT IS COMING!!!.jpg
107KB, 1600x1067px
I'm a CMU grad working part-time at Newport and I actually stumbled on this sheet detailing the new IS-F. I brought it here, for you br/o/s
NOTE: Don't ask about the fucking Supra; Toyota USA has little to now work on the FT-1 outside of Marketing.

Here goes nothing:

Lexus IS-F (XE20)

Engine: 2GR-FSE, 3.5L

Power: 500 HP (372.85 KW), 429 LB-FT

Fuel Injection: Direct + Port Fuel Injection (D-4S Twin Injection)

Weight: 3,615 LBS

Weight Distribution: 55-45 (Front-Rear)

Engine Specifications:

High Lift Camshafts with Variable Valve Timing (VVT-i); activation >5,000 RPM

4 Valves Per Cylinder with Narrower Angling

Twin-Turbocharging with Front Mount Inter-cooling System

Lightened Flywheel (2 LBS lighter)

Aluminum Block and Heads

Drivetrain:

Four-Wheel Brembo Brake System; Slotted, Carbon Fiber Disk Brakes with Strengthened Brake Calipers

Braking Distance:

60-0 MPH: 120.5 FT

100-0 MPH: 301.1 FT

Front and Rear Anti-Roll Bars

Increased Chassis Reinforcement via Conspicuous Roll Bars tucked within Dashboard

Lighter Weight resultant of Removal of:

Spare Wheel, Tool Kit, Some Interior Trim

Monotube Gas-Filled Shock Absorbers and Ball-Jointed Stabilizer Bars

Vertical G-System

Torque Vectoring Center Differential; 35-65 Torque Split (Front-Rear)

Front and Rear Coil-Spring Independent Suspension

AA80E Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission (Aisin AW)

19x9-inch Front and 19x10-inch Rear Wheels, 255/35R19 Front and 275/35R19 Rear

Performance Statistics:
0-60 MPH: 3.651S

0-100 MPH: 8.694S

Top Speed: 191.7 MPH

That was all I could find.
>>
>>17030410
>AA80E Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission (Aisin AW)

dropped
>>
>>17030463
Sorry you can't appreciate good transmissions.
>>
>>17030468
If I wanted something with a mind of its own I'd get a horse.
>>
>>17030498
Still faster.
>>
>>17030410
kek
>>
>>17030410
Oooh, another generic Japanese sedan. Yawn.
>>
>>17030523
With 500 HP, AWD, and an insanely reliable engine.

Gee. how generic.
>>
>>17030530
Myself, I'm looking forward for Toyota's new electronic braking system
>>
>>17030410
>>17025297
KYS
KYS
KYS
KYS
>>
>>17030530
None of that is particularly compelling in the modern era. Face it, they did a mediocre job just like Lexus has done since 2000.
>>
File: DSCN05391024x768.jpg (514KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN05391024x768.jpg
514KB, 1024x768px
>Lexus
>>
>>17030468
>plastic synchros
>good

come on, man...
>>
>>17030410
Bitch boy, if you keep spamming this shit, I'll get a mod to ip ban you
>>
>>17030410
>(XE20)
bullshit confirmed
unless Lexus wants to resurrect the previous IS platform for no apparent reason
>>
>>17030589
The starter motor is fucked. Can you fix it

Yeah it'll take me a week just to get access to it.

What were they thinking?
>>
>>17030410
i got to admit that looks better than anything caddilac has to offer, doesn't look better than the giulia though
>>
>>17030589
I'm not a fan of Lexus but damn, they make that work well.

>all wires are thick gauged and copiously insulated
>hoses wrapped
Looks like it would last for the life of the vehicle. That's good.

If you can call a Lexus "living". They feel so disconnecting to drive.
>>
File: 109764-257.jpg (20KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
109764-257.jpg
20KB, 480x478px
>>17031384
>Implying there are mauds for this shitty board
>>
Funny how yesterday you said they would remove the ABS for "weight" and have a 6 speed auto. also the XE20 is the previous gen IS.
At least if you go to the trouble of making this huge list of plausible specs verify that you're not leaving obvious mistakes.
>>
>>17030410
You sound like a marketing shill "leaking" details.
>>
>>17031608
>>
>If you can call a Lexus "living". They feel so disconnecting to drive

no they don't.

just like everyone else here, you are parroting things you don't know, because you have never driven them.

half of you are barely old enough to drive, the other half ride the bus. none of you have driven an is-f and all of it's competitors, much less the is350 and every compact luxury sedan and coupe in it's segment.

you're all so full of shit and it's so easy to tel when i read dumb fucking posts like these literally repeating what auto journalists are paid to write verbatim.
>>
>>17032008
why the fuck would a shill come to 4chan to 'leak' a car? No one from here is going to spread this info anywhere. On top of that no one could ever hope to afford one on this site. Even if someone could, they would miss the thread from being busy doing something with their lives.
>>
>>17032164
Look here you toyota shill

Lexuses are good cars. They're comfy with nip reliability. But no, they're not fun to drive. Just look at the quintessential Lexus, the LS400. It lasts forever and has a nice comfy interior and suspension, but it's not fun to drive at all. It's the ultimate appliance.

If you're still going to shill the IS, at least be aware that the last good IS was the first one. Nobody gives a shit about the fucking IS anymore. It's now just another shit car driven by middle class women with no relevance in any enthusiast circles whatsoever.
>>
If those stats are true, it's as fast as the Quadrifoglio, M4, CTS-V, and Cayman S.

Hopefully it's less than $67,000 because there's no way in hell I would buy an IS F over any of those four.
>>
>>17030410
Six speed in Corolla now faggots.
>>
File: kot_discust.jpg (514KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
kot_discust.jpg
514KB, 1024x681px
>>17030410
Calling bullshit, the RC F replaced the IS F.
Though I wouldn't mind an RC F with 4 doors

t. IS300 owner who has eyes on the RC F as a future purchase.
>>
>>17033317
>Though I wouldn't mind an RC F with 4 doors
You mean a GS-F?
>>
>>17033317
Same future purchaser here. My gf wants one too but doesn't like coupe cars.

RCF still looks a lot sexier
>>
>>17032307
>highest tier luxury car
>not fun to drive
yeh no shit, have you ever driven a S class or a 7 series? They drive the same way.
They are made so you don't feel much of the road and get the most comfort.
>>
OH
LOOK
ITS
THIS
THREAD
AGAIN
>>
>>17032164
>none of you have driven an is-f and all of it's competitors, much less the is350

Not him, but I've actually owned a 2007 IS 350 for a year now. Yeah, it's sort of fun in the sense that it has 306 horsepower and absolutely rapes most cars on the road... But it still just isn't a very involved driving experience. Steering does feel somewhat vague, and the car lacks confidence around corners, even after upgrading to F-Sport sway bars. I'm not even joking when I say that my mom's Mazda 3 is more fun on backroads.

Oh, and the "paddle shifters" it comes with are fucking useless. I would love an IS F with actual functioning paddles. Real control over my gears.
>>
Larping faggot

sage
>>
>>17034032
A 7 series is fun to drive tho
>>
>>17032307
>If you're still going to shill the IS, at least be aware that the last good IS was the first one
Why? It's fucking slow and all it has going for it is choice of transmission. 2JZ is a meme. Get over it.

>It's now just another shit car driven by middle class women
Most women will buy the 250 to badge-whore. Any guy with a shred of self-respect will go 350.

>no relevance in any enthusiast circles whatsoever
What exactly is ClubLexus then? Just a collection of middle-aged men chatting about their latest golf outing?
>>
>>17034255
Did you ever even drive all three?
>>
File: sdfd.jpg (3MB, 3034x1648px) Image search: [Google]
sdfd.jpg
3MB, 3034x1648px
It sucked with a v8 and it'll suck more with a v6
>>
>>17032164
Dude I just complimented the underhood management, fucking chill for a second. I've driven an Altezza which is arguably the rawest Lexus aside from an IS-F, and it was pretty isolating. Drove an LS430 and it was scary how little of the road you feel. And I've ridden in plenty of ES350s. I understand it's meant to be that way. I don't care for it, it feels cold and clinical just like Mercedes but moreso. The odds that the IS-F is much different is very slim. At best best scenario for you, it lacks character. Worst case, it feels like playing a video game and not actually driving.
>>
>>17035308
>Drove an LS430 and it was scary how little of the road you feel
Uh, yeah. That's how it's supposed to be lol

>And I've ridden in plenty of ES350s
>odds that the IS-F is much different is very slim
Wow you're a fucking idiot. I had a loaner ES350 couple months back and the first thing I noticed when getting my IS 350 back is how different the steering feels. An IS F wouldn't even be close.
>>
Also should mention the ES just glided over road imperfections, while my IS is quite jarring. Not similar at all.
>>
>>17030410
lol you know these spec sheets look different for everyone so they can be traced back right? you're fucked
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.