[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interested in becoming a rally driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 50924410.jpg (59KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
50924410.jpg
59KB, 960x480px
Hey /o/, are there any rally drivers here? As of late I've become pretty interested in rally driving and want to know where to start.

So far it's the only thing that's been able to pull me away from mindlessly playing vidya fucking up my brain even more, even for a little. Even if I'm not that successful I just want to make enough to live comfortably and indulge in luxuries like restoring my Capri.

So where would be the best place(s) to start?
>>
>>17028687
>I just want to make enough to live
>with rally
unless you're a finnish 15-year old, you have literally zero chances

rally is a money sink
>>
>>17028722
fuck really?
>>
>>17028729
have you ever even watched rally?
>>
>>17028729
>Flatmates boss spends 50k on a 7 speed sequential transmission for his j30 swapped focus rs rally car
>flips the car into a ditch during qualifying one weekend
>smashes the bell housing

It's not a job to make money, like all Motorsport it's a rich mans game
>>
>>17028745
good point
>>
File: 1200.jpg (27KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
27KB, 618x412px
>>17028749
fuck. too bad there's nothing like it (as far as I know) apart from rally cross but that shit doesn't compare
>>
>>17028758
Options:
>Get a simulator setup and play dirt rally
>become wealthy enough to throw a 50k tranny into the ditch and not give a fuck
>>
File: 1426890351500.jpg (145KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1426890351500.jpg
145KB, 1111x597px
>>17028818
>dirt rally
>>
You /can/ do it on a budget if you pick the right class and stage (absolute beginner shit)
Get yourself a cheap functioning shitheap focus/civic/mini whatever just make sure its a fwd hatch (you are a beginner so you start at the bottom)
Dont fool yourself into getting a 4wd or rwd for beginner rally
Strip it out all that shit
Spend money on good tyres and upgrade your susp
Do whatever to the engine just remember that handling upgrades ALWAYS come first
Oh yeah and you need a roll cage and some dumb licence depending on where you live
>>
>>17028687
>I just want to make enough to live comfortably
You could win every event you enter, and you still probably wouldn't even be breaking even.
The only way you can actually make money from driving in motorsport is by being so good that manufacturers are desperately trying to get you to drive for them, and good luck getting to that point if your first word wasn't "go-kart".
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.