[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Father passed and he left me a 67 shelby mustang. I am going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: GiUgGUg.jpg (128KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
GiUgGUg.jpg
128KB, 1366x768px
Father passed and he left me a 67 shelby mustang. I am going to be living in Japan in two months and will be there for 4+ years.

Anyone know how to import a vehicle there and have it be street legal? I am concerned on a number of levels that the Mustang won't pass a slew of tests being that it is both American and old.

Advice? Experience? Loop holes?
>>
If it's a real Shelby Mustang you'd be a fool to actually drive it. That's just an investment car that loses tens of thousands in value if driven every year.

But I assume this is just a shitpost for (you)s.
>>
>>17028489
are you that guy from tokyo drift
>>
>>17028510
Father and I put about 30k miles on it. He taught me how to drive in it. And I intend to do the same with my son down the road.

I come to /o/ assuming shitposts. Hoping for a nugget of gold amongst all the pig shit.
>>
There's definitely a way of getting it there, there's a subculture of old USDM cars in japan. They love old boats like impalas and stuff.
If you intend to drive it rather than store it tho, you'll probably be taxed heavily.

But ya, there's 100% a way to get it there and drive it, I just dont know how
>>
>>17028516
kek
>>
>>17028541
That's reassuring, then. I was concerned Japan's strict registration laws and fees were going to prevent it from being imported, let alone driven. Glad to hear that. Thanks.
>>
>>17028489
Don't go live in Japan you fucking weeb.
>>
>>17028516
>>17028545
>>17028489

Only way is to swap an rb from a wrecked silvia
>>
>>17028594
Someone is jelly.
>>
>Advice?
Make sure it's properly stored at home and start putting your attention towards it when you return.
>>
>>17028489
sell that bitch and buy a moped. join a scooter gang for that authentic japanese experience
>>
>>17028826
lol, no.

>>17028854
Don't you mean get DUUURIFTOOOOOO for that authentic Japanese experience?
>>
>>17028926
Scooter gangs are more prevalent than ricers
>>
>>17028594
It sounds like he is in the armed forces seeing as he'll be there for 4 years

He could still be a weeb while also being a marine too
>>
>>17028932
You mean the Bosozoku?
>>
>>17028546
I worked for a company that rebuilt 65-73 mustangs strictly for export to Japan.
Japan has very strict laws about mileage and overall condition of vehicles.
There's a company called K. Watanabe that buys vehicles that were damaged in an accident to resale the engines and transmissions in USA because once a car is "totalled", its no longer allowed on the road- even if you were to professionally rebuild it.

The mustangs we did were 100% restores.
We even had to have speedomoteters reset to zero.
I honestly doubt you would pass inspection.
It would be better to store it for 4 years.
>>
>>17028932
>american muscle
>ricer
Get of /o/.

>>17028937
No, I'm a cinematographer. I have actual skills and am there for a reason.

>>17029993
I'll give it a shot. Vehicle is in great condition and has never been in a wreck. I've also checked links posted above and in another thread. I think I have a pretty good chance of getting to over there. Just got a ton of paperwork to fill out.
>>
>>17031300
>off
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.