[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got four new tires and two of them are already leaky.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (182KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 1500x844px
I just got four new tires and two of them are already leaky. I thought it might be these little filler nipples so I checked them but none of them hiss. I had to roll the car to check the ones on the bottom but none of them were making any noise

what do i do now?
>>
File: 20170303_105808.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170303_105808.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>two of them are already leaky
>checked these little filler nipples

Wat?

I bet if they actually are loosing air it has something to do with the bead. If you have aluminum or alloy wheels and they didn't clean the rim it could be leaking from there.

Pic related. Perfect example of a rim leak
>>
Dunk them in water, preferably soapy water.

Check valve stem, check the bead, look in the tread for small objects.

I have to do this shit ten times a day, you pick up a couple tricks.
>>
>>17024336

>Aluminum Chrysler wheel leaking around the bead

Wow, something you don't see every day.
>>
>>17024279
Rims are dented.
>>
>>17024336
What are the chances that it's the room leaking and not one of the 500 filler nipples on each tire? I think that's more likely. I'm just having trouble figuring out which one is leaking so I can plug it without having to go back to the dealership again
>>
>>17024279
> gets tires
> doesn't shave them
>>
>>17025105
Bring it there and have them do a better job this round.
>>
>>17024435
It actually isn't something you see every day. Even on Chrysler wheels, wheel corrosion only gets that bad when the owner doesn't maintain their tires
>>
>>17024279
Spray it with Windex. That's what I use at work.
>>
>>17024279

Spray with soapy water.

I had new tires put in but they put in bigger valve stem seals and it constantly leaked air, they should be able to replace them for free.
>>
>>17025855
You don't live in the rustbelt do you?
>>
>>17024279
Those are not "filler nipples". They are where the rubber gets squeezed out during the molding process. So there is no way it's leaking from there. Check the bead and valve stems. If your vehicle is newer than 2007 you probably have TPMS (metal stem). They may not have torqued the stem properly. Last check the valve core on all the stems. Use Windex or soapy water and look for bubbles.
>>
>>17026194
You don't understand how aluminum doesn't rust, do you?
>>
>>17024279
well played, went way over most of the retarded busriders heads, but well played anyway.
>>
>>17024363
or just get a spray bottle and spray the wheel
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.