[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Pontiac Grand Am a decent car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Is the Pontiac Grand Am a decent car?
>>
>>17021707
Yeah. it just works.
>>
>>17021707
V6 has oddball problems
4cyl has issues with the weird coil setup.
Both like to leak oil.
Otherwise they work fine.
Interior is pretty odd for my taste though
>>
its a shitbox and thats all it is
>>
Only had experience with the v6 it was absolute shite horrible to work on
>>
>>17021707
The only issue I have encountered in these is coolant system issues. Plugged radiators/heater cores/rotted intake manifold gaskets.

The coolant system issues are most likely the cause of fucking idiot owners using Dexcool and green antifreeze together. I cant tell you how many times I have had to flush orange pudding shit out of these cooling systems.
>>
The interiors were designed by playskool, the wheel bearings fail every 60k miles, the strut mounts are made of fucking plastic, the water pump on the 2.4l is timing chain driven (have fun changing that), your pass lock anti theft system will eventually prevent you from starting the engine. These cars suck.
>>
>>17021707
Alero v6 is a better car.

Same chassis and engines but better styling and I feel slightly more comfortable in the old's seats over Pontiac.

Alero did come in a manual but sadly only with the anemic 4 banger
>>
>>17021750
This is their big down fall
>>
>>17021869
It really is, Dexcool was a fucking mistake.
>>
Me and my brothers first car was a 98 red Grand Am. It was a huge piece of shit, we had to replace shit constantly on it, and it still overheated all the time.

The only joy that car gave me is when my bro took it to auto shop in high school and they re-arranged the badge to say GrandMA.
>>
>>17021878
Guys this coolant won't corrode aluminum but will eat head gaskets like crazy

>GM "eats gaskets you say?"

But seriously OP get one with a new head gasket and make sure to flush that dex cool
>>
>>17021896
It also has adverse effects on cast iron blocks. It gets super fucking acidic and oxidizes the fuck out of the coolant passages.

It's retarded shit, you might as well just use distilled vinegar as your anti-freeze at that point.
>>
File: 20161107_170813.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161107_170813.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Im not cool, but at least i have reliable transportation

I've experienced motor mount, belt, and coolant issues. Pretty solid ride so far.

It's strange though that GM recommended the tranny never to be serviced, and sort of insinuated that the tranny would outlive the motor.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.