[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Older truck with lower mileage (1997/100k) vs newer truck with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Older truck with lower mileage (1997/100k) vs newer truck with higher mileage (1999/140k)?
>>
>>
>>17020115
Condition/options/maintenance?
>>
THEY ARE BOTH FUCKING OLD

so pick the one that is in better condition clearly, or the one you think looks better.
>>
>>17020855
>>17020859

Very similar. Non-existent maintenance records because they are >15 years old and bother are relatively clean for their age.
>>
>>17020888
well at that age the difference in mileage is pretty much irrelevant. if they are both sound condition then i guess choose the one that has better options or the color you prefer
>>
Both are old with "high" mileage....
>>
>>17020888
If you like lower numbers get the 1997

Otherwise get whichever you like best they aren't much different
>>
>>17020888
No maintenance records? Don't buy either. We have a stack of paperwork for all our vehicles. Anyone who doesn't is a degenerate and/or an idiot you shouldn't buy from.
>>
>>17020971
>autism, the post
>>
>>17020978
>autism
no, it's called being a responsible, well educated adult
>>
>>17020115
> 2 year difference
>older
>newer
In the world of used, those are the same thing. The miles matter more. Look for records of maintenance. Or buy a diesel with those miles and be care free.
>>
>>17020985
No one keeps files about their cars anon... you have a severe case of autism..
>>
>>17020992
>shopping for poorfag trucks
>hurr durr buy a diesel
The only diesels that I could even dream of affording is a fucking 6.5l GM and they are fucking garbage.

I could probably stretch my budget and end up with a 6.0 powerchoke that would explode in a week or six.
>>
>>17021011
LOl you fell for memes. God help you.

>lrn 2 maintenance
>protip: EVERY CAR/TRUCK breaks down
>>
>>17021030
>6.5l GM is gud
>6.0l PS is good as long as you buy $3,000 in parts and tear it down to the long block to "fix"
>this is normal and reasonable because everything requires maintenance

You need to work on your trolling.
>>
>>17020971
Like 1 in 200 people keep complete maintenance records. It's not realisric to expect people to have that. I personally scribble on a piece of paper in the glove box when services apart from oil changes were done, but that doesnt count for much to other people.

If the tires are bald, the fluids are dirty, the brakes squeak and the shocks blown, then you know it hasn't been maintained. Also if the owner is a poorfag and it's not their prize possesion, it hasn't been maintained.
>>
>>17021008
Shut up
>>
>thinking two years matters
>>
File: timefodat.jpg (10KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
timefodat.jpg
10KB, 271x186px
>>17020971
When I change oil / rotate tires I tear off the top of the oil filter box and write the date and miles on it, then put it in the glovebox.

My grandpa kept records of every single gas fill up, oil change, service, repair, etc on a notepad and kept it in his truck. He's dead and I have his truck now. Last time I changed the oil I wrote the date and miles on the oil filter box lid and put it in the glovebox.

Like you care when you're buying a 20 year old vehicle that the battery was replaced in 2002. and it used a qt of oil between 75k and 85k miles.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.