[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ drive in the city

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 2017_Rebel500_Style.jpg (541KB, 2000x969px) Image search: [Google]
2017_Rebel500_Style.jpg
541KB, 2000x969px
Need some advice /o/, I will be moving to San Francisco for grad school soon and now I'm debating whether I should sell my mustang and switch to a bike. Parking in SF has always been a nightmare for me but the convenience of having a car speaks for itself.

Here are some of my other questions.
Are there any anons who live in the city and just have a bike? How are you dealing with doing groceries or buying some other stuff?

And in the end, what is /o/'s opinion on honda motorcycles? I was considering to either get a new grom or rebel if I'm selling my car.
>>
File: ef.jpg (186KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ef.jpg
186KB, 1024x768px
A bike is ok as long as youre defensive.
Grom is shit. Dont bother.
Dont buy a rebel unless it's brand new. Even then its super slow.
Add hard cases with locks for groceries.
Alternatively a honda cub works too
>>
>>17019783
>bike in san fran
Enjoy getting crashed into.

I USED to only have a bike. It's not practical. I used to stuff my saddle bags and backpack with groceries and carry the extra bag on my arm while riding. Rain sucks. Sitting in traffic when it's hot sucks. Chance of getting it stolen is higher. Having to carry anything sucks. You need a bike and a beater (it can be a POS, just something with a little space). I did it for like a year or two then bought a lexus. Still rode my bike most times, but the car was a must after a while.
>>
>Are there any anons who live in the city and just have a bike?

Yes, I sold my car as it never got driven and was just depreciating in value. I rent a car 3 times a year to drive to see the family.

There's a store within walking distance, I usually just walk to do the shopping, but I can fit stuff in my topbox also. I wouldn't want to do this if I was grocery shopping for a family, but for 1-2 people, it is fine.

Honda are reliable, but all the jap brands are. they have gone ultra boring with their model line up for both bikes and cars, there's nothing in either lineup that interests me. If you like what they are offering though, go for it.
>>
>>17019801
Yes I was thinking about getting a new rebel if I can sell my car for over $5g. And I don't mind going slow to be honest, I'm a relatively slow driver who enjoys the ride itself and not to race all the way.

>>17019809
Thank you for your advice anon. Rain has been one of my biggest concerns since SF can be very unpredictable when it comes to weather. I will wait and see how some other anons feel about the bike life in SF. Since I am only gonna be there for year I though I would be able to handle it.
>>
>>17019848
Living the dream
>>
>>17019848
Anon we are in a very similar situation. I live in the central valley right now and I use my car mainly for grocery shopping (like seriously, I call it my grocery car) and sometimes I might drive down south to visit my friends but that's quite rare.

Since I will be living on my own I thought using a bike would be more economic in the city and faster to get around with. Btw have you ever gotten into any accidents in the city?
>>
File: IMG_20170407_154224.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170407_154224.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>17019783
buy a 400+ scooter trust me. you need a utilitarian bike. Groceries, friends, a TV, things that you will need to carry. they have heated grips and seats and maybe even a radio.

and if you are worried about looks. girls would most likely ride on a scooter than a motorcycle

t. LA commuter
>>
>>17021652
>LA
>scooter
I almost die on a bike riding in a small town.
Wouldnt dream of riding a scooter in LA
Not OP btw
>>
>>17019783
Don't risk it anon, SF drivers are complete dogshit.
>>
File: Suzuki_Burgman_400.JPG.jpg (2MB, 2210x1579px) Image search: [Google]
Suzuki_Burgman_400.JPG.jpg
2MB, 2210x1579px
>>17021660
I have almost too but that doesn't stop me from enjoying mine. (not my scoot but recommend) besides you can't get groceries on a rebel. nor bring anyone with you
>>
>>17019783
First, move. Second, at least get a good cruiser. Like a scout
>>
I would buy a supermoto for SF.

Better Gas mileage, better low-end torque for getting up hills from a stop, generally cheaper. Easy maintenance.
>>
>>17021802
>supermoto
I guess that would fit in the faggot population nicely
>>
>>17019783
> Drive
> City
Pick one.
>>
>>17019783
Transfer. Fuck sf. All you smell is piss and the homeless. 0/10. But keep the car to leave the fucking city on weekends
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.