[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is street racing dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 21

File: tumblr_n8849ni7wQ1qj5jqso1_500.gif (893KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8849ni7wQ1qj5jqso1_500.gif
893KB, 500x281px
Is it? I'm fairly ignorant of car culture still, but even driving around in areas where you'd think that kind of stuff would be happening (up to and including the toe gay) I never see anything. As a follow-up, is car culture in general on a steady decline?
>>
Only because the normies took it over and ruined it
>>
>>17017546
That makes me sad. Never got to enjoy it myself.
>>
>>17017540
It's nothing but shitty pulls and digs in burgerland
>>
>>17017540
>street racing
Cops didn't care until niggers started doing donuts and running over spectators.
>>
>>17017540
no its not.
It's just more hidden.
Nothing is stopping you from getting a pal (or a stopwatch) and hitting some back road at 2am
>>
>>17017724
It really is though ohio is really bad cause straight farmland hardly any roads curve all these no handling camaros and boosted fwd civics racing down two lanes getting tickets all the time dumb

Street racing is pretty dead even if you take a stop watch run a road and time it and post it somewere no one would care
>>
>>17017716

Driving quickly on b roads isn't dead yet but it's even more fun
>>
>go to the popular street racing parking lot in my town
>just a bunch of stock stick shift base models with broken exhausts

oh.. okay

>go to car meet in my town
>just a bunch of garage queens on trailers and old guys sitting in lawn chairs infront of them

oh.. okay

This is a hard hobby to match the interest level of somebody else in from what I can tell.

Either they don't give a shit, and just want to beat up their beater until it breaks, then go back to driving mommy's car to deliver pizza in.. Or they're down 50k on a 70's corvette, and trailer it everywhere they go and have never spun the tires.

But, I got my engine swapped b-body with about 3k in the engine, and I'm just looking to do cruises and pulls while listening to Huey Lewis and the News then pull over at Sonic for milkshakes or something
>>
>>17017754
Cincinnati here, 100% agreed. A few years ago when I had my 944 I would occasionally find a person that was willing to go (and also do it right) nowadays I can't find ANYONE. I blew the tires off at a stop light when it turned green next to a sti the other day after the faggot sat there reving the whole red light, what does he do? Fucking nothing, rolls up to the next light next to me like 10 seconds later and just stares straight ahead. Granted we were in a town and it was a 25 zone but grow some fucking nuts. Oh well, guess drag races and just going fast for the sake of it during my commutes is my fun now.
>>
Dont know there in america, here in spain in the last 3 years its been geting worse, no MASIVE toegays racing no longer, you can still find people on saturday nights that with no doubt will try to keep up or advance but cant have a 30man race
>>
Personally, I'm fun of urban time attack. I try to beat my time going to the exact same place. But I've also raced with my friend in the urban environment at 5am.

Granted, we'ra talking about 150cc motorcycles, but I think you just have to find a person willing and a nice route.
>>
>>17017540
Its now all about car meets and stickers. It wouldn't bother me as much but it seems that most are bench teachers and dont participate in actual races. Those who do go to the tracks. So its hard to find a middle ground.
>>
File: 25180006189_1fa10432f7_b.jpg (147KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
25180006189_1fa10432f7_b.jpg
147KB, 1024x684px
Every Friday and Saturday evening there is tons of tuned cars going around lake morton-berrydale in the Seattle area. All type of cars GT-R, Subaru WRX, Silvia, Mustangs and also european cars like Volkswagen Golf and BMW e30
>>
File: varg-vikernes.png (581KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.png
581KB, 762x464px
>those 'street racing' events where people trailer in the fucking cars they are gonna be racing
>>
File: 1467678025631.png (910KB, 500x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1467678025631.png
910KB, 500x1016px
Dunno about other places, but here in IL, the place to go was lower Wacker. Some dude ran an article on that scene(not in a malicious manner) and accidentally got all that shut down.
However, I can't believe that all those people just up and left, there's probably a new place to go...And everybody just shut the fuck up about it.

I just do highway pulls by myself at night and on the way to work.
>>
File: 1481002890337.jpg (13KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481002890337.jpg
13KB, 480x480px
Well during my 5 years in Korea, I've noticed that almost EVERY street (even the really remote areas in the rural mountains) has regular speed cameras with license plate scanners so drivers here are paranoid.

I guess they have to go to tracks.
>>
>>17017822

For those intersted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Ih35XaJ7Y
>>
>>17017853
plate flippers save the day again
>>
I live in a redneck shithole where the only pasttimes are fucking and doing drugs. The car culture here is just beat up pickemup trucks doing stop light drags, and the demo derby every spring at the fair. So many good cars get trashed.
>>
File: GBE.jpg (179KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
GBE.jpg
179KB, 1366x768px
>>17017727
yeah keep telling yourself that lol.
>>
>>17017864
Is this some sort of tactical press conference?
>>
>>17017858
>Camera picks up a high speed object but no plate
>returns an error
>guy who monitors that shit sees the picture and runs a quick search for that model and color of car registered in the area
>speeding ticket AND a fine for no plates
>>
>>17017893
I don't see that working too well since like 95% of the cars in SK are Hyundai/Kia/Ssangyongs. There's gonna be a lot of cars registered in a given area that would match the description.

>>17017877
Sheriff was being a blowhard and trying to scare drugdealers.
>>
File: 1484410770213.png (1MB, 3630x1615px) Image search: [Google]
1484410770213.png
1MB, 3630x1615px
>>17017858

No, when I say cameras are everywhere, they are everywhere. They can record you driving all the way back to your home/garage.

Some people park in mountains or public places and run away, but cameras trace you running back to your home. It's a small country.

These cameras weren't here few years ago but they really ramped up surveillance.
>>
>>17017915
That sucks. I guess SK really is a police state.
>>
I take my car up into the hills occasionally and fang it around between the trees and hillside mailboxes. Run on both tarmac and gravel.

Wouldn't mind some competition, though.
>>
>>17017780
The Spanish car scene was never good to begin with, just underpowered show cars, and now Europe has killed the little scene we had 5-8 years ago, I would like to say I miss it, but I don't.
>>
>>17017822
>lake morton-berrydale
is it in the general area around the lake or at a certain area? I might have to check it out.
>>
>>17017771
>engine swapped b-body
Classic B-body or 90's woody wagon?
>>
Is Scandinavia really that great?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtqJAsJ25YM
>>
>>17018227
What state man?
>>
>>17017857
Ha ha drift charm means ready to race according to cops. There are races every night here. So easy to find race show up and brag about winning with social media now.
>>
>>17017837

lower wacker and ozinga used to be great places for street drifting in chicago
>>
>>17018371
west aus.
>>
>>17018387
Oh, rip.
>>
File: 1443514360218.jpg (60KB, 400x471px) Image search: [Google]
1443514360218.jpg
60KB, 400x471px
>>17017779
I have an sti and do that to mustangfags all the time.
>>
>>17017540

maybe create a new style of street racing. Think outside the box and make the scene you want,
>>
>>17017771
Have you ever played Midnight club? its the same shit you meet shitty racers and then you get recommended to higher leagues
>>
>>17017540
street racing is slightly dangerous
>>
Let me help- you faggots out. Yes, racing still exists. NO it doesn't exist like FnF and 2003. People my age came up in that shit (I'm in my 30's) and you youg stance faggots and stock miata owning faggots ruined street racing. So this is how it goes down now:
>own a tuner shop or be friends with people at them
>hang out once in a while and race with each other
Because we all have fast cars and don't have to worry about racing a shit box civic with only an exhaust.
>drop cars back off at shop
>go home

Street racing doesn't happen like it did back then. Also, most guys who have fast cars get kind of tired of it.
>work on cars all day
>work on your project after hours
>race a bunch
>get tickets
>do repairs
>buy more shit
>$50k down the drain over the years

Me and all my mechanic buddies that work at performance shops have fast cars we roll out on occasion. But mostly we ride 4wheelers, jet skis, play with model planes. Once you've been doing this a while, it gets old and boring.
>>
>>17019366
that kind of racing is lame shit anyway, i want touge racing back, you fucking cunts
>>
>>17018353
>Not a single nigger
No way that's Scandinavia
>>
>>17019375
https://www.youtube.com/user/RidgeChaser
>>
>>17019375
>touge
That's gay shit. Old dirt roads 2 car widths wide and crests is the real shit.
>>
>>17019375
>>17019366

Oldfag here too.
We used to do it, meet up, chase each other down the mountain. Overtake if you can.
Do one run then piss off.

Then drift got popular and drift kiddies rock up, spend all night doing skids, put oil on the road, cause a general ruckus and have attracted shitloads of cop attention.
>>
>>17017915
kek.
>>
>>17017836
honestly those are the fucking best as they haul absolute ass.
>>
>>17017780
Portuguese here
Radar Speed detectors didn't help either.
They have them everywhere.
>>
>>17017540
street racing slowly died in the early/mid 2000s
as people moved to offical drift/track events or just moved on
>>
>>17019366
You sound like a massive faggot. Fuck old people
>>
You guys must have it bad huh?
The old people in town that take out their classic cars are usually down for a race, and you can sometimes catch them doing sick skids leaving sonic for the carshow on wednsdays. there's a big parking lot where people with tuned and stock cars hang out and smoke darts and just fuck around. Someones always willing to race even if they know they're going to lose.

Theres also some mountain roads you can toe gay on that's about an hours drive to get to, but its usually worth the trip.

Lots of fun here in Nebraska boys
>>
>>17019921
I think most people itt are europoors. Plenty of people down to race even here in Virginia
>>
>>17017837
that's the Dark Knight car chase scene location right?
>>
>>17017540
its nowhere near dead
>>
Not here in Brazil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DJCa0j5WoI
>>
>>17017864
how to look like a faggot wearing a balaclava and shades
>>
Kanjozoku.
>>
Night Wave.
>>
>>17017779
Hull, in England
You can still get into the odd impromptu drag race with just about anyone with anything sporty.
And 1.2ltr corsas too aprantly...
>>
>>17017779
Depends desu. Im in Suburban Atlanta and passed a couple of lifted Jeeps on a surface road in a Nissan and we all hit about 80 before the next light.

>tfw when a stock 2007 versa out paced 2 heavily modified jeeps
>>
>>17017947
>I guess SK really is a police state.
No BLM problems there though.
>>
>>17019989
That's lower Wacker, but I'm talking about a different part of it.
>>
>be me many years ago
>live in italy, on mountain roads
>buy my first sports car for the togue that goes from the city to my house (10 km of pure togue, small village on top and compltiely desert from 10p.m onwards)
>one day while doing the usual route late at night I notice some kids, obviously tokio drifts fanatics, who try to drift in a parking lot near the togue. never seen them , not the usual 5-6 guys who drive on the togue
> every goddamn night they are there, 100m away from the houses, doing skids
>eventually someone calls the police for all the screaming tires chaos late at night
>police installs speed cameras and videocameras everywhere on the road.
>skid autists disappear
>togue ruined
>Going home now is boring
Fuck
>>
>>17017724
>>17017716

Juat came back from Mexico with friends, we were watching a buddy drag his 442 Olds. Shit was right over the border on a back road surrounded by fields. Probably 50-60 different crews running for money.
>>
>>17017754
Youngstown fag here. Yeah I agree with you. I try to do some decent stability builds on FWD shitboxes. Originally from PIttsburgh so curvy roads galore and it was practical, now I just have slow cars on completely straight roads. Boring as fuck.

>>17017779
I don't think anyone in the Ohio area with an STI knows how to drive. Or is too much of a pussy. Had a nice blue STI trying to weave in and out of traffic on I-76 the other day. Blocked him and he got pissed and tried to race. Turd dropped out at 90mph... I was in a fucking chevy malibu
>>
>>17017853
>I've noticed that almost EVERY street (even the really remote areas in the rural mountains) has regular speed cameras with license plate scanners

I wouldn't mind that in the USA. But as soon as my city put up its one single license plate scanner, the black community filed a racism lawsuit against it. They are against ANYTHING that makes the police more effective. They even went to a council meeting to demonstrate against it as racism and wanted the names of the council members who supported it. My city backed down and removed the license plate scanner.
>>
>>17023716
>I wouldn't mind that in the USA.
Fuck you. Fuck you and your pathetic existence
>>
>>17021530
this.
Used to be streetraceless euro scrub.
Now joined night wave and get up to street races every once in a while
>>
I'm guessing what killed the street racing scene was cunts who couldn't keep quiet and attracted attention to themselves.
>>
>>17023735
It would stop cars from running away from the police. Now they only need to check the scanner log for the plates of the car that ran from them.

I think plate scanning is good to weed out the fake tabs. The computer sees the plates of every car passing by the major intersection. If the plate looks like it has a current tab, but the database shows the tab fee was not paid, then an officer can go out to arrest the perpetrator at their home. Making fake licenses is a criminalized offence and a felony in certain cases.
>>
>>17023834
>literally defending orwellian nannystate practices
>>
File: 1484614713092.png (191KB, 305x442px) Image search: [Google]
1484614713092.png
191KB, 305x442px
>>17023716
Get out of my country.
>>
>>17023864
Fucking this
>>
>>17023864
The illegal immigrants would hate car scanning. They typically have no insurance and hit and run.

Automated Plate Scanning is necessary if the state government is going to verify that every car on the road has car insurance. The computer can check if the driver's appearance matches the expected owner of the car. If there is no match, that can be a cross licensing violation. If there is no record of that car being declared as a vehicle under someone's policy, then the computer can generate a report for a human to re-verify that the car is not insured but was photographed being driven.

Insurance companies should like that feature. It would make it risky for someone to buy the insurance at low rates in order to have someone else (typically the teen driver) be the actual primary driver of the car. That's because the driver's picture doesn't match the picture of the owner of record that purchased the insurance.

Let's build a big beautiful plate scanner. We'll install it along all border cities. And Mexico will pay for it.
>>
>>17023834
Sorry bruh, gonna side with the criminals in this one you pinko fucking communist
>>
>>17017540
>is car culture in general on a steady decline?
There's plenty of car culture but it EVOLVES over time. If what you mean by decline is that car culture is not allowed to change, then yes, to you it appears to be declining because you are only looking at old culture and refusing to accept new culture.
>>
>>17023945
Seriously, fuck off to yurop or something. You'll feel right at home.
>>
>>17023945
>Wanting speed cameras on every single corner with numberplate tracker and mandatory blood and breath test to catch anyone DUI
fuck off.
Youll get your self driving cars so you don´t have to waste time doing things you hate.
>>
Yea every night after 12 up on gmr people are racing every night, go up either a full moon or fri or sat if you want somewhat of a car meet.
>>
>>17023945
GET OUTTA MY COUNTRY I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU ALL
>>
>>17023945
Great idea. Maybe we should also install telematics on all cars so we can monitor everyone! That sounds great. I mean, if you have If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear, right?

This is the kind of regressive mentality that is destroying Europe. I hope you're not an American because if you are you should feel ashamed.
>>
>>17017837
>>17018386
lower Wacker/canal street is still a thing, it's just smaller than it used to be.
That one warm weekend in february there were at least 200 cars and bikes out
>>
>>17023864
>Literally spewing buzzwords
There can be no expectation of privacy in a public place. Registration plate scanners are no different in principle from a LEO observing them himself.

>>17023980
>Wanting criminals and others posing a danger to the public to be caught
Do you consider that a bad thing for some reason?

>>17024046
It does sound great. It's clear that many motorists do not take their obligation to the general public to drive safely seriously enough.
>>
it exists if you can find someone stupid as you to race.

>driving home
>speed limit on this road is 50kph
>i passed a guy doing 60kph
>probably doing 70kph
>not actually driving aggressively
>this audi behind me wants to go faster
>be in 5th gear accelerating we're doing 100+ at this point
>fuck it drop into 4th
>last thing i remember is redlining 4th and shifting back into 5th
>look back
>audi slowed down and was about 2 blocks behind

there was also some random kia van today and a VW something that passed me double speed limit and then going exactly speed limit. guess what happened both times.

generally people's sense of self preservation kicks in before mine does. for none straight line stuff i already posted last week about doing the sea to sky tooj. most people are fucking pussies.
>>
>>17022746
it's almost like SK barely has non-Koreans living there at all (not including US Military)
>>
>>17024707
>>>/yurop/
>>
>>17017754
if your are a trump voting hill billy it is

cleveland has the largest metropolitan park systrm with some of the best Appalachian mountain roads

we have a road that follows tge historic erie canal

mlk road on the east side has amaxing switchback curves bridges made from stone and no cops
>>
>>17024772
No one cares what the leased automatic FRS fag thinks
>>
>>17024707
>There can be no expectation of privacy in a public place
This is the dumbest thing I've read all day
Privacy should always be guaranteed unless you're actually doing something harmful
>>
File: 1442881898162.png (90KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1442881898162.png
90KB, 500x501px
>>17023945
>>
File: 1491680960752.png (14KB, 625x582px) Image search: [Google]
1491680960752.png
14KB, 625x582px
>tfw have to drive from Canada into USA just to find a somewhat technical and challenging toe gay
>>
>>17024825
>Not 'in private'
>Expects privacy
wew lad
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expectation_of_privacy
>>
>>17017540
32 year old here. People grow up. I dont have my stealth anymore. I miss it and think about it often. I think about racing my hated EVO rivals. Fuck them so much. reee.

Anyway. Look man, there is new culture out there, they are a bit more sensible, was street racing cool as fuck? Yes, Just like Smoking. Smoking looks super cool, and its pretty great, but honestly, its bad for you.

You find a good track, and head out there. These new dudes, they are pretty ok, and its funny as fuck. A civic I used to race back in the day is still rolling around on the road under a new snot nosed owner. The kid is funny, I told him about his car. Apparently the old owner I knew sold it, it bounced around for a while, and now its touched up and racing again, just on the track now.

Show some love to the new generation of ricers and shit boxers or whatever the fuck they are.

At least they dont drive a minivan now like a certain dead inside anon does.
>>
shame no one does it on American roads
Appalachia and California are ripe for street racing
>>
>>17024707
>Do you consider that a bad thing for some reason?
If they have friends that are illegal immigrants, of course they are opposed to what you or that other poster said about having automated scanning. Automation makes it hard to get away with hit and run crimes because the victim and police can just say "Hey, check the recording!".
>>
>>17024728
>it's almost like SK barely has non-Koreans living there at all
Their society has no room for african refugees looking for social welfare hand outs. So that's why immigrants don't want to move to such a meritocracy-oriented society. It's a tough country to live in if that person doesn't have merit or a family to get help from.
>>
>>17024825
>Privacy should always be guaranteed unless you're actually doing something harmful
They are not in private.
They are here illegally.
They typically drive without insurance.
They typically hit and run.
They typically refuse to witness and lie.
The crime rate statistics are also against them.

So there apparently is a great deal of harm. It justifies automated scanning to remove one of the several loopholes these criminals exploit to cause their negative effects on society.
>>
>>17017540
There are a few different meets that all got ruined for different reasons in my area

>the drag racers/highway pulls group
>was a lot of fun for a good while, the cars that raced were pretty well done and very fast
>shitboxes start showing up more, complaining that they they dont get to race their stock civics against 900hp restored muscle cars
>so instead of fucking off or even being reasonable, before you know it every single meet becomes "shitty ricer kids literally sit around, smoke weed, and drink liquor" because this apparently means car meet to them
>local cops used to be cool with the more chill guys, but now cant afford to be since theres underaged drinking and driving

>"muh trailered cars" meet
>theres an empty lot just off a highway north of me
>was its own thing for a while, but then people from the first group migrated in
>becomes a regular 200+ person meet
>ruined when the cops had to start patrolling because trailershits had to block off the whole side of the highway for a half hour for something stupid. The traffic jam went for miles.

>"toe gay"
>people used to go out in small groups to run windy roads through the forest near me
>too narrow to pass, so they usually take turns trying to outrun one another
>rich college kids with so-low-they-scrape stanced v6 mustangs and BRZs catch wind of this
>a fuck ton of people crash their cars (guess who) on this route
>traffic blocked every time
>cops now patrol the area

I havent been to a car meet in months because of all of this. I hate ricers so fucking much.
>>
>>17029603
The moral of this kind of story seems to be "Make some friends and drive with them" since anything remotely organized becomes infested with retards.
>>
>>17017837
>>17024133
How is it in Chicago most of the time? The one time I went it was all nigs and spics and it was hoodish as fuck. I usually just go to car shows and fuck around by myself or with a few guys from the shows.
>>
>>17029633
Or show up at a meet, extract the people you like from it to drive with, throw the rest away as useless.
>>
>>17022746
>actually posting this

Are you an actual statist cuck or what?
>>
>>17023716
>being so stupid and blinded you don't realize the black community in this situation is fighting a purely Orwellian practice
>>
>>17028158
>shifting the argument to illegal immigrants to promote the idea of a nanny state

Commit suicide in the most gruesome fashion and get the FUCK off this board
>>
>>17029673
>How is it in Chicago most of the time? The one time I went it was all nigs and spics and it was hoodish as fuck.
It was good you didn't get assaulted for your car, wallet, or marched over to an ATM to withdraw. People have gotten held while someone else took their cards and the PIN you gave them to go buy stuff. If they drain your account with purchases, you go free after getting klunked.

The car prowling as well as the assault death rate caused by minorities in Chicago is one of the highest for any metro area in the USA.
>>
File: sweating.jpg (24KB, 240x312px) Image search: [Google]
sweating.jpg
24KB, 240x312px
>>17017837
>pic
>tire pressure 49 PSI
>>
>>17017540
>Is street racing dead?
For the most part, yes.

It is too easy to get caught and too hard to get away now, the semi-organized friday night drags on quiet streets are gone for the most part, as are the late night runs down twisty canyon/mountain roads. Cops patrol most good twisties regularly now, which is just the natural progression because the more well known something gets the more likely it is that it will attract attention from the authorities.

Isolated highway pulls and canyon runs still happen but people don't get together and do it nearly as often because the larger the group the more attention it attracts.
>>
Street racing isn't dead. Don't you watch Street Outlaws on Discovery?
>>
File: not good enough.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
not good enough.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>17030975
>>
>>17029603
Fuckwits ruin everything, but pls no bully shitbox drivers.

I just want to look at cars I'll never be able to own go fast.
>>
>>17028158
>muh mexicans
Fuck off, Benny F. would be ashamed that someone as spineless as you can even exist.
>>
>>17031137
Not all shitboxes are guilty, but they seem more prone to things like doing burnouts in front of cop cars or rolling a car into a burger king lot. People with nicer cars tend to be more tame around here.
>>
>>17033798
shitboxes are prone to be owned by people without much money or experience ie people who are going to do dumb shit without knowing any better
>>
>>17033468
He was a believer in maintaining borders and earning citizenship. So you are the one that's in the wrong for using him as an example.
>>
>>17029777

t. yuridis julio juan hernanez de la huerta y bosco
>>
To be completely honest, I have more fun driving alone up in the mountains. The one or two other people that you might meet up there who had the same idea are usually more chill than showing up for a known "meet" that gets shut down as soon as somebody crashes in the first two minutes.
>>
>>17026822
I'm a younger guy myself, and I'm just lamenting having missed what looks to be the glory days of road racing. I still hit a backroad or two with a buddy sometimes, but it's literally just the two of us and we don't know how/can't reach out to like-minded folks. It's suffering.
>>
>>17030919
Depends on how isolated the roads are, and how shitass broke the local PD is. There are a ton of roads in the PNW that are fun with a low chance of encountering a cop.

If I want to really push it, though, it's more fun to do a sanctioned hillclimb, because I can apex blind curves properly without worrying, there'll be support right there if I fuck up, and because my car generally only approaches its limits at speeds extralegal enough to land me with a reckless charge. Unless it's some severe shit like downhill on Rocky Point Road.
>>
>>17017540
u wont see it just driving about, it still happens but people are secretive and stealthy about it because of how incresingly hard it is to be a criminal owadays, it definetly doesnt happen as much now tho.
>>
brit bong here

not quite street racing but i live all the way out into no mans land and theres some toe gay like roads i drive on my way to the nearest town some very tight twisty corners where you can push a car to its limits without even going over the speed limit, paving is good for england standards too, also never seen a cop there in my life. if i had somone to race against i would
>>
File: Captuyhgtfyuhjgtfure.png (2MB, 1292x720px) Image search: [Google]
Captuyhgtfyuhjgtfure.png
2MB, 1292x720px
>>17017780
I remember there was this Tōge right outside Barcelona where people would do downhills but now there is pic related in lots of corners

Fairly sure there is still a stretch of the road further up the mountain where the corners are clear tho
>>
So anyone from Boston could tell me how it is around there? I'm moving there next year and I'm curious
>>
>>17017771

Oh hell yes.

>Would share a footlong chili cheese with
>>
>>17017540
My friends and I race somewhat often. There's plenty of old county roads the cops don't really patrol because it's pointless to speedtrap the hills when there's highways and freeways with clear lines of sight. One of my friends keeps a K-band detector too, but that's because his license is suspended. It's not worth racing the modded cars because nearly all of them are stancefags and wouldn't drive fast anyways. The best cars to race are innocuous looking euro sedans, like audis and VWs with the badges removed. Hell, I even raced a Velocter that was more ballsy than any guy in a muscle car or JDM car.
>>
Roads are for driving
FUCK OFF
>>
>>17017540
definitely dead in first world countries. the tryhards advanced to semi-professional motorsports and numales only care about cats and cuckporn.
>>
>>17021530
>>17023773
Where do I join?
>>
File: [Ash Wing] BF [Short Wharf LWB].png (193KB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
[Ash Wing] BF [Short Wharf LWB].png
193KB, 836x1200px
>>17035693
>but people are secretive and stealthy about it because of how incresingly hard it is to be a criminal owadays
It won't be long before all the cars phone home to inform upon their owners. Right now, there is still privacy laws that haven't been repealed. Earlier this year, a bunch of internet privacy laws had been repealed by the republican House and Republican Senate. Thus, your browsing history as seen by ISP or the browser EULA is now available without warrant to the government or any other agency or corporation that is allowed to buy it by the holder of the data (the ISP, the VPN, the internet tool appliation, or the browser company).

This is a big deal because even if contents are not available, having the URL, time, geolocation, meta data, and some other data such as server locations of the final addresses, all that info probably suggests what the content is. For example, once the law changes go into effect at the statutory date, you employer could purchase the data from your ISP. He would see you browse e-hentai and Sad Panda gallery pages titled "Ultra pEdoMan 11 year old Young GIrls supersex Raper festival". While he cannot see the contents due to HTTPS, he still has the URLs, the meta data, and other info. Privacy is important. Lack of privacy also means the RIAA and MPAA can prosecute piracy much more effectively. The BPA and others can also target software piracy and private site locations because hiding them is much more difficult once any user able to access that site is revealed. If a special interest group is able to buy the data, they can look for regular users of "furry" or "gay" URLs and assume that the users of those browsers or apps are potentially secretive furry fans or gay.
>>
>>17017540
>Is street racing dead?
Since tracks and autocross are both available, why not try those?
>>
>>17039345
Different experience
>>
>>17040876
>Different experience
You mean having roads where collateral damage can occur. Just this past friday there was a set of cars "racing" amidst the busy street. Three of them cut right into the two lanes of cars turning left. The other went on the right side lane (straight only) and when it got to the intersection it made a hard turn left. I was one of the cars turning left that had to brake hard.

In my opinion, street racing should be forced to become dead. Give them all a minimum one million dollar fine and revoke drivers license for 10 years minimum no parole. And crush all their cars. If they were renting a car, they must be forced to buy a new car just to have it crushed. Each year of the 10 year period. And they must wear an ankle bracelet to help verify they are not driving a car. GPS can be accurate to 3cm now, so if they are not sitting in the passenger side of the car in the roadway lane, then they are possibly violating the law and deserve another felony conviction.
>>
>>17030809
Fuck that's what I thought. I just wanna meet some chill car people irl and shoot the shit with them. That might mean going to an offroad park in Senica and meeting wacky rednecks, but that's better than getting assaulted
>>
>>17041369
>getting this assblasted that you got cucked by some alphas racing
if you were a real man you would've just had the wreck, then get your insurance for your car, then sue for medical expenses and sue for emotional distress (fake ptsd). Such is the American way. This will assure he can't afford a car for the next ten years and you get 50k.
>>
>>17017754
>>17017540
>Use to live in Central Michigan, more towards the thumb
>Farmland for miles, hardly any curves
>Interesting roads are nothing but serious potholes or infested with deer
>Move further north, 30 minutes away from TC
>Nice roads everywhere, huge car culture it seems
>Infestation of cops and deer

It sucks. Down south it was just 4x4s that barely tracked down the road straight. Up here a lot of 4x4s, Miatas, Mustangs, but you can't go 15-20 minutes without seeing an officer.

I've been pulled over for 7 over and another time for a loud exhaust.

Now in the upper peninsula
>Miles and miles of fairly straightforward roads
>No cops
>Ton of DNR

The drastic increase of active officers has made having a good time of public roadways a costly hobby.

I sold my Fox, bought a truck, and packed it full of fishing gear and a secret compartment for my green.

Now I just travel around state land fishing whenever I come across a nice body of water.

The 4x4 scene is huge up here, but I cannot stand the Earl Dibbles Jr crowds.
>>
>>17034685
internets bro. look up tracks in your area, search for: autocross, autox, drag, drift and see what starts to pop up. Search for "cars and coffee" sometimes you get events near you.
>>
>>17017771
>not going to local cars and coffee events
>not going to 1320 events
>not traveling to events and autocross
>not getting fully engrained in the underground
Fuck they even made a Need for Speed series about how this shit works
Stop being a shut in and you'll find them
>>
>>17037381
put a throwaway email here and we'll pick you up.
Sorry, thought this thread was dead for ages
>>
>>17041813
What the fuck are you on about?
Night wave is just fucking >>>/o/hou
>>
>>17041822
it isn't, it's more than that now.
>>
>>17041813
>>17041822
>>17041826
Any more information on this?
>>
>>17041801
>They made a NFS series abotu how this shit works
Cover your 30 year old corolla in rice and sikk mawds so you can be the background to a scantily clad asian girl on a magazine cover?
>>
>>17041849
>I never made it to the fun shit because I even suck at vidya games
womp womp womp
>>
>>17041860
>Implying I didn't
>Implying I don't absolutely love NFSU2
>Implying making retarded rice rockets for magazine covers wasn't fun
>>
>>17041860
Fuck the airport URL tracks. A bunch of them are so narrow at the start that getting plowed into is unavoidable unless you let everyone else get through first
>>
File: Tyrone.jpg (443KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrone.jpg
443KB, 1600x900px
>>17041822
>>17041843
Night Wave makes it's threads labeled as /hou/ but it's not just /hou/ anymore. The expansion in different cities and in Europe has brought a new wave of street racing, focused toward touges but occasionally going against your local city crews.
>>
>>17041870
My first car I bought was a BMW 3 series because of that game. It was a piece of shit and I loved it because 16 year old spdracr
>>17041877
That's half the fun. NFS is part rice crazy racing and part demolition derby. Forza and Gotham definitely changed the way racing games were made. Still waiting for Gotham 6.
>>17041881
The expansion in different cities and in Europe has brought a new wave of street racing, focused toward touges but occasionally going against your local city crews.
So it's 4chan's racing thread? Sounds badass, but I doubt it'll ever hit BFE arkansas
>>
File: 519508e6cbd2467195beb1f325d93853.png (482KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
519508e6cbd2467195beb1f325d93853.png
482KB, 1080x720px
>>17041895
>So it's 4chan's racing thread? Sounds badass, but I doubt it'll ever hit BFE arkansas
it's not 4chans racing thread,
it's a group of streetracers from around the world who visit 4chan + affiliates.
If you want it to hit BFE arkansas just join in and we'll help you
>>
>>17042005
I'll get on that after I buy a new toy.
I wrecked my last one.
>>
>>17042011
I'll put a discord link so you can find us easier:
https://discord.gg/R6bBN
>>
File: IMG-20161219-WA0004.jpg (21KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161219-WA0004.jpg
21KB, 268x188px
>>17024707
>>
the problem with street racing is that cancerous "muh 1320" faggots that are well adjusted come out with turbo corvettes and mustangs.. Come out there and you will see its a rich man's game. I used to come out with my 11s car and hold my own, now any dumb fucking normie can come fresh out of college with an accounting degree, gtr and tuning, and beat out people dedicated to cars.
>>
>>17042170
launch control hype
>>
>>17042170
your fault for doing drag racing.
If you got gud you could beat each and every single one of them in the twisties because they think "If I can beat everyone holding down throttle I'm a great driver. If I can't I'll just buy more mods"

Remember you never win or lose in drag racing.
Your car wins or loses.
>>
>>17042194
>I've never drag raced: the post
>>
>>17042170
>drag racing
That's where you fucked up. Why ever take a straight line race seriously?
Go race out in the valley.
>>17042212
>Shift car
>Have more HP
>Win
Not anon but it's pretty simple. I'd borrow my dad's corvette in HS and never got beat.
It's easy when you have better equipment than everyone else.
>>
>>17042212
I have.
It was fucking boring.
I won everything even with hadicap since I had more HP, awd and automatic and it was on snow so at least some throttle control was needed for launch.

It was much more fair and interesting when after drag race warm up we went and hit the twisties and I actually had fun when other cars were keeping up with me and even able to outcorner me while I had advantage on straights.

Drag racing is fucking boring.
There's a reason 99% of motorsports include corners. Because it makes it interesting for both the spectator and the racer.
Drag racing is a race between who has the better car not who is the better driver. If you like drag racing so much hit a track or twisty because every straight between corner is a drag race
>>
>>17042212
Professional drag racing where everyone is put into different classes based upon qualifying times? No, I've never done that.

Drag racing from a stop sign, a highway pull, or even a street light? Numerous times. Had my mom's 2002 Buick Regal for a first car. Changed out the pulley with a few bolt ons and I beat others effortlessly.

That was an absolute blast until I started dodging cones and attacking the track.

Traded my Regal for a Miata. Kind of regret it at times, but I think it was worth it.

Drag racing is fun and all, but it really is a numbers game.
>>
>>17042285
>turbo kit
>regret gone
>>
>>17036811
Roads for cycling, driving livestock, walking and driving.
>>
>>17042466
Not at 1 am, they're not.
>>
>>17042466
>cycling
lycrafags GTFO
>>
>>17042466
If your opinion mattered to anyone you could afford a car.
>>
>>17036811
And I choose to drive more quickly than you do because I don't hate fun. Fight me.
>>
>>17042527
Of course they are. The time of day does not dictate any limitation on the use of public roads, save the appropriate use of lighting.

>>17042535
It is possible to cycle in all manner of attire, or none.

>>17042543
I can afford one. Checkmate atheist.
>>
>>17043369
You can think that if you want, but the laws might disagree with you.
>>
File: 1324073414010.jpg (114KB, 634x671px) Image search: [Google]
1324073414010.jpg
114KB, 634x671px
>>17042527
>tfw driving fast af at 2am on a windy road that goes to a lake because literally no one around

and even if someone else happens to be on the road you will see them because headlights
>>
>>17043402
>using headlights on a windy road at 2am
are you new here?
>>
>>17041881
Elaborate please? Sticker looks like some generic bigcartel bullshit.
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.