[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hydrogen fuel cell cars creep up slowly on electrics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

>Will hydrogen fuel cell cars soon overtake electrics? Experts say the vehicles can be refueled much faster and travel farther between fill-ups

>Fuel cells power the battery and motor by mixing hydrogen and oxygen
>Honda, Toyota and Hyundai leased hundreds of uel cell vehicles in past 3 years
>Fuel cell cars can be refueled as quickly as gasoline-powered cars
>Fueling stations cost up to $2M to build, so firms are reluctant to build them

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4407714/Hydrogen-fuel-cell-cars-creep-_-slowly-_-electrics.html
>>
>>17015095
>Will hydrogen fuel cell cars soon overtake electrics?
no.
1: the infrastructure isn't there. You can only get the stuff in California
2: hydrogren fuel is wildly expensive
3: The actual range of a hydrogen fuel cell car isn't all that different from that of an electric car

I want hydrogen to succeed. Don't get me wrong.
They've been telling us since the 80's that hydrogen fuel cell cars are only 10 years away. Well 30 years later and they still aren't practical enough. Give it another 40 to 50 years. Then MAYBE Hydrogen will be as good as electric. Until then, Electric cars are the alternative fuel car of TODAY.
>>
File: 121.jpg (190KB, 312x573px) Image search: [Google]
121.jpg
190KB, 312x573px
They can't even handle the short distances in a warehouse. Hydrogen is a meme. Most places that want to use it don't even have the water or clean energy (nuclear is not clean) to produce Hydrogen which is even more fucking retarded.
>>
>>17015126
Horrible arguments

1: the infrastructure isn't there. You can only get the stuff in California
It wouldn't be hard to adapt gas stations, and it's MUCH easier than adapting them as solar battery swap stations or whatever those faggots were working on
2: hydrogren fuel is wildly expensive
Duhhhh, so is everything before its produced at scale. It get's cheaper every week once it starts being worked on. Solar used to be retarded expensive.
3: The actual range of a hydrogen fuel cell car isn't all that different from that of an electric car

Completely not true. AND you can fill hydrogen in a few seconds at a pump, unlike solar. Hondas first attempt for almost 400 miles on a tank. Then..... you just fill up the tank... like a fucking car.

And as someone who is old, they absolutely haven't been telling us hydrogen cars are "10 years away" since the 80's. The technology has merely been bandied about.
>>
>>17015126
The alternative fuel car of today and tomorrow runs off ethanol/methanol

Battery tech isn't there yet and I doubt it will ever be
>>
File: burg.jpg (8KB, 248x202px) Image search: [Google]
burg.jpg
8KB, 248x202px
>>17015150

People will always bring up the Hindenburg no matter how good the technology gets. Sitting on 15 000psi of flammable gas is too scary for most people.
>>
>>17015164
but gasoline explodes too. why would they be more scared of hydrogen?
>>
Only if dumb celebs buy them somehow thinking they're saving the planet in some way
>>
I'll pass on there being several ticking time bomb cars on the road just waiting for a moderate to severe impact to make a giant flame and shrapnel bomb. At least when gas burns it just burns up the car and a few feet around it for half an hour with a chance of a mushroom cloud.
>>
Technological dead end.
>>
>>17018203
Not to mention how fucking retarded people are with driving and maintenance. Just wait for the first recall for some random bolt puncturing the tank during low speed Impacts and hydrogens will die faster than electrics when gm introduced the ev1.
>>
>>17015095
Jp8 fuel cells would be better since you wouldn't have to pressurize the fuel to keep it a liquid, but I don't know if those work well enough yet.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.