[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a tuneup on a car I just bought. After closing the hood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Silver_Desktop.png (357KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Silver_Desktop.png
357KB, 1400x1400px
I got a tuneup on a car I just bought. After closing the hood the car cut off (running for like 10 minutes). Mechanic said a sensor died and Id need to replace it.
The car does run when the sensor is unplugged but barely/wont start when its plugged in.
Does this happen or did he mess something up like the gap with the sparkplugs.
>>
>>17015029
sensors die, get over it

sounds really vague too, if you know what kind of sensor that would help tremendously
>>
>>17015029
Probably a bad MAF/MAP sensor, you disconnect these and the car will default to the standard fuel program from the factory. The sensor is so skewed the computer is basing the fuel calculations from this and will not run.
>>
>>17015029
>I got a tuneup
Unless you got points, you fucked up.
>>
>>17015229
>points
Woah there, grandpa. It's April of 2017. Most cars have distributerless ignition systems now.
>>
>>17015042
I get sensors die. I just don't want to be scammed. The timing is really convenient.
>>
>>17015348
Your ignorance is the problem.
>>
>>17015522
No shit. Why do you think I made this thread asking others. You think Im a damn mechanic.
>>
>>17015533
/o/ is not your personal mechanic
>>
>>17015029
He's scamming you, i wouldnt trust a word out of his filthy mouth. Just keep driving with it unplugged ya dummy
>>
>>17015029
mechanic tried to clean out the maf with brake cleaner and probably messed it up, try buying some of that maf cleaner can bullshit and trying to clean the maf out again and see if it works.
>>
>>17015029
When it comes to mechanical, there is no such thing as a coincidence. They probably didn't clean it right or maybe even bumped it upon removal/replacement.

Check the MAF and make sure it is clean and straight. If it is bent, take a photo and demand compensation. You will have to prove that your car was running fine before, though. Which you won't be able to. And if your mechanic is even half-scummy, he will know this and tell you to fuck off.

At that point, leave negative reviews on Yelp, google, and any business site he belongs to and send him a personal email with something along the lines of, "For the cost of a MAF you broke, you lost at least 1 customer. Fuck you and have a nice day."
>>
>>17015952
/o/ ISN'T NOT your personal mechanic, either. There are no defined rules on this one. Go back to /b/ to start arguments with the realists who tell you you're still a male, even though you don't "identify" as one.
>>
>>17015298
>Most cars have distributerless ignition systems now.
No shit. So why did you take a distributorless, fuel injected car in for a "tune-up?"
>>
File: 1389239278625.jpg (15KB, 285x249px) Image search: [Google]
1389239278625.jpg
15KB, 285x249px
>>17016217
>>17017976
cucked into engine repairs.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.