[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys, how do I replace my alternator belt? I am looking at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: herh.png (518KB, 590x540px) Image search: [Google]
herh.png
518KB, 590x540px
hey guys, how do I replace my alternator belt? I am looking at it and there is no way to remove the belt itself unless I also take off the PS/AC belt. Kind of a pain in the ass. Is this true?
>>
>>17013675

Um well we need to know what type of fucking car you have you dingbat. They are all different.
>>
>>17013675
What kind of pile of shit is it? Bmw?
>>
>>17013695
>>17013697

miata
>>
>>17013899
Good for you. you wont have to deal with miserable bmw gear belt adjustment tensioners.
>>
File: BobChartier-CC.jpg (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
BobChartier-CC.jpg
89KB, 600x450px
>>17013695
>>17013697
>>17013907

its like this. the alternator on the left has the belt sitting a row behind the belt for ac/ps/etc
>>
>>17013917
Nigger just take a picture
Better yet, Google "[your year] miata alternator belt replacement"
>>
>>17014003
i dont need to take a picture becaues this is the exact same setup. you see how that alternator belt is behind the main belt? i dont know how to remove it without having to remove the main belt first which I don't really want to do
>>
>>17014025
Just do it faggot, in the time you've spent on here gather other people opinions, you could have removed the accessory belt, replaced the main belt, put it all back together and had time to jerk off before dinner. It's like an extra bolt and nut, whats the big deal?
>>
>>17014025

Yeah you will need to take that other belt off. Looks pretty easy actually. Having the right tools will make anything easy.
>>
>>17013675
Yes, you need to remove the PS/AC belt as well, and while you have it off you might was well replace it too.
>>
>>17014752
>>17014169
damn it...i was hoping this wouldn't be the case. i don't mind removing them...but my main issue is that i have no idea how to estimate the necessary tension for them and I don't want to buy a tension checking device.

i honestly can't believe the system these people devised to measure tension...

>22.5 pounds of pressure should result in 0.40mm-0.60mm of deflection

yeah let me find a fucking 22.5 pound weight and somehow cram it in the tiny ass engine bay to check whether or not the belt deflects 1 asshair or 2 asshairs

stupid fuckin japs
>>
>>17014853
You want it tight enough that it doesn't slip, but not too tight that you're excessively loading the bearings.

If it's not squealing and the unloaded side doesn't look like DD cups running the 50 yd dash it's probably tight enough.
>>
File: 1373033863982.jpg (94KB, 310x440px) Image search: [Google]
1373033863982.jpg
94KB, 310x440px
Thank god I have no power steering
>>
>>17013675
I don't care whether or not this beast has a penis or vagina. I don't want any.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.