[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buyers Remorse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: JUST.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
Just bought a car and the dealer managed to pull a fast one on me. Tested for leaks by driving around and it looked good, but this appeared after letting it sit for 3 hours. To be fair I had the ac on full blast and cold on a 40 minute drive back so it COULD be condensation. I am hoping it is but at this point I feel swindled. Biggest thing is the check engine light was on. Everyone I called about that said it just needed a tuneup since the engine wasn't shaking.
Then there are minor but still huge red flag problems like the driver door needs to be retumbled and the front fender is not on perfectly.
Its a fairly old avalon I got for under blue book a dealer sales at. The cost are adding up fast in the end.
Just how fucked am I?
>>
>>17006617
jesus fucking christ m8, just check what the fucking code is

FUCK SAKE
>>
>it COULD be condensation
Nigger, run your finger though the puddle and sniff. It'll be obvious then.
>>
>Tested for leaks by driving around
Yeah that's how you do that.

>Dealer pulled a fast one
>I feel swindled

Pfff
>>
>>17006627
Reason for believing its condensation is that its closer to the middle of the car, its clear, and doesn't smell like a car fluid. Its just theres other more severe things Ive read what it could be. Gonna take it to a mechanic tomorrow and see how JUST I am.
>>17006648
Im not claiming I knew what I was doing. Turned the car on. Checked ac/heat and radio. Opened hood after like 5 minutes and didnt see anything. Drove it for like 30 minutes around the area talking to the dealer. Came back and opened it. Didnt see any leaks. Turned wheel all the way left and right. Not steering fluid. I didn't test the car hitting 120mph but I thought it didnt matter.
>>
>>17006648
Reason for feeling swindled is mainly because he was kinda quiet about what was wrong. Like he said the brake pads were a little worn and the biggest reason why he was undershooting. But didnt mention the check engine light. I got him to come down due to the need for a tuneup though.
>>
>>17006666
>its closer to the middle of the car, its clear, and doesn't smell like a car fluid

It's water then. I'm 100% sure of that.
>>
>>17006617
lel, hydrocarbon sheen, feel the mechanic's peen.
>>
>>17006617

Still glad you were too smart to pay the depreciation on a new car?
>>
This is either bait or you're a total noob

1. It's water
2. Check engine light on is usually a loose gas cap or a bad sensor (and many states don't allow dealers to sell a car that won't pass emissions)
3. Driver door needs to be retumbled. You can do that yourself.
4. Fender not on straight- so clip it back on straight.
>>
>>17006849
This, buy a cheap ELM327 device (Wifi for Apple, BT for Android(though I'm sure Android works on both BT and WiFi, but..)) and see what the engine management system is crying about.
>>
>>17006625
Someone plugged a computer into the car and read the error codes. Random misfires on some cyclinders that werent the important ones.
>>17006849
I hope this is true. The fender looks more indicative of an accident and it just doesn't fit perfectly on.
>>
>>17007557
>some cylinders that weren't the important ones
>>
>>17007802
I don't remember what she said exactly. Just that if it were on some other cylinders itd be really bad.
>>
File: grandpafong.png (35KB, 194x258px) Image search: [Google]
grandpafong.png
35KB, 194x258px
>>17007557
>cyclinders that werent the important ones
>>
>>17007557
Wot
>>
File: 1484956051225.gif (2MB, 200x190px) Image search: [Google]
1484956051225.gif
2MB, 200x190px
>>17007557
>some cyclinders that werent the important ones.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.