[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acura or Camry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 00s0s_17rgYYKK1R3_600x450.jpg (22KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00s0s_17rgYYKK1R3_600x450.jpg
22KB, 600x337px
Poorfag here buying first car. My options are
>2002 camry xle 155k $3000
>2001 acura 3.5rl 150k $2900
The acura has from what Ive read abysmal gas mileage but last at least to 300k before problems arise.
The camry isnt quite as luxurious as the acura (no sunroof or aux etc) but is also supposed to be near as reliable and has better as mileage.
>>
>>17001201
Seems like you want the Acura. It won't matter you won't look even remotely rich in either. I'd get the Camry if it's a v6.
>>
Better not to get the Acuras around that year, they have transmission problems.
If you had to get an Acura get a TL Type-S or something.
>>
File: 00L0L_up1n3AiatF_1200x900.jpg (36KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00L0L_up1n3AiatF_1200x900.jpg
36KB, 600x337px
>>17001399
Im actually leaning more towards the camry. I like the way it looks more. I car more about the aux cord than the sunroof but you can use the cassette for that. But if the acura might be the better choice. Also just noticed the camry looks like its had its front bumper replaced for repainted. Hard to tell for certain though.
>>
>>17001424
Yeah I would say that looks replaced lol. Unless it's a cover. I had an Avalon (basically a bigger v6 Camry) as my first car and it was dead reliable and moderately quick too, surprisingly.
>>
>>17001201
C I V I C
I
V
I
C
>>
File: ToyotaCamrySESport02.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ToyotaCamrySESport02.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
If you are a leaf, keep in mind my 2002 Camry can't pass the E-TEST without a bribe to the technician or a new cat.

Currently riding dirty with no emissions cert because fuck the system, how is a broke ass student like me supposed to get around? I can't afford bullshit emissions certification
>>
>>17001438
> Acura or Toyota?
> Durr Honda

Test drive em and tell us what you find. They both should last another 100k though if they've been maintained. Check that camry's frame under the hood though. And the Acura might be the one to get cuz of the aux if the Camry is bent up. I've had no less than 4 cassette adapters die on me. Thank you based Lexus for the ancient cassette player. If you can't tell I'm basically a Toyota shill.
>>
>>17001201
I have a 99 rl and I like it a lot. cd changer is in the trunk and no aux cord so that is lame
Check the interior rear view mirror. They are notorious for pooling the auto dimming fluid then leaking onto the interior. Mine has pooled but not leaked

I like how smooth and quiet the ride is, but I get about 19 avg mpg running ac and driving normally (I don't ever rev it up above 3.5k unless I have to though) and got up to 26 mpg on a highway-heavy tank of gas cruising in the right lane at 55mph (2k rpm). It's premium only fuel
While my car doesn't have any problems yet, they do get worn out suspension that can seize in the extended state if held up on a lift for an extended period of time, so check that it passes the bounce test

That's most of what I know about it, but I'll hang out if you're still here and have more questions
>>
>>17001479
I want to get a guy I know works as a personal mechanic to go with me, but it might not happen. Assuming that they both drive fine and I don't see any bends under the hood, what else in the camry should I look at.
>>
>>17001617
that said, in terms of interior comforts and whatnot, the rl is nice because it's like an ls400 but with a less powerful v6 and fwd
Get another car if you care about fuel economy over a smoother quieter ride though
>>
>>17001617
Yeah suspension is a big one for older cars. Just how smooth would you say the acura is. Could it compare to cars today?
>>
>>17001744
I haven't driven many newer cars, but when I was shopping for a new car, I drove a 16 camry se and the rl is much noticably smoother and quiet. Same story in a 16 jetta.
At least to me, it is quieter and you feel less road vibrations through your seat than inexpensive newer cars. That said, the newer cars I ride passenger in are usually <$20k

Downside is it has some body roll with its weight so it doesn't give the most confidence if you'd be into speeding high soeed corners
>>
>>17001811
I meant <$30k
>>
Camry is a v6 so I think Im going to go for that one.
>>
File: acura-rl-8.jpg (272KB, 1305x979px) Image search: [Google]
acura-rl-8.jpg
272KB, 1305x979px
>>17001201
The Acura RL, the Camry isn't even comparable

It's even cheaper and has less miles, the hell OP
>>
Just looked at the Camry.
The paint on the finder is faded of completely. The paint under the hood is the same color so I'm not sure what's up with that.
The button to the sun roof doesn't work.
The check engine light is on. Took it to AutoZone and they said random misfired. Some random mechanic said that it sounds like it needs a tune up.
They just bought the car from an auction a week ago.
I really like the way it drives, and 3000 is good for it, but I don't want a money pit. Though Camry shouldn't be.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.