[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain the 911

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Do we have any 911 owners on /o/?

Why does this car above all other cars have such an intense following? Is RR really that much more superior in terms of fun?
>>
>>16999162
Its becuase Porsche generally has been consistent in terms of cars, design, performance and reliability. Not that any one car is a standout amongst its rivals at any time in the past.
>>
The 911 is great in spite of being RR, not because of it. Porsche took a flawed design and perfected it.

It is, at least, great at putting power down, since you have 70% of the weight over your rear tires.
>>
File: Alpine A110.jpg (69KB, 550x355px) Image search: [Google]
Alpine A110.jpg
69KB, 550x355px
>>16999205
The Alpines were just as good until they ran out of money
>>
If you drive one- you understand. Rugged. Cabbage Patch Kid beautiful. Extremely well built. Engineering levels of autistic design normally only found in cars costing twice as much. Cult member level behavior amongst owners. God awful seat offset that brainwashes your body to the point your body refuses to be comfortable in another car. Room for two bags of groceries. Trunk in the right place. Snow able transportation. Fishtail driving on purpose. Gauge layout from the Gods. Noise.
>>
>>16999162
Is RR really that much more superior in terms of fun?

How is snap oversteering ass first into a wall or tree and dying fun? I've seen too many Porsche nurburgring fail videos. Not to mention the countless celebrities killed by Porsche's.
>>
>>16999450
I've driven a handful of them and they don't do it for me whatsoever. I think people either like them from the get go and always like them or not, it's not a car that grows on you.
>>
I am actually interested in making a 911 my next purchase. What I don't know though is if I want to save up the money for an air cooled or to get an early 2000s 911.

The air cooled because the aesthetics, sound and from what other people say a more raw driving experience. Also because they are an appreciating collectors item and because muh heritage.

Early 2000s because its faster and half the price.
>>
File: IMG_6879.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6879.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
>>
>>17002672
The $13k 911 keeps on trucking

Might want to restore that passenger side headlight
>>
>>16999162
> I spent a ridiculous amount of money on this deathtrap, and feel the need to promote the circlejerk that led me to buy it so I feel better about it
>>
>>16999477
>killed by Porsche's
Yeah, damn those vicious, murdering cars.
You need to master your skill to drive these cars at their limit. People tend to like challenging stuff.
New age is so annoying with its lack of character. It's weird to feel old at 25.
>>
File: IMAG0238ecs.jpg (1MB, 1190x1190px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0238ecs.jpg
1MB, 1190x1190px
>>16999162
I love mine. Was originally going to buy a ZL1 when the first gen came out, figured I could find a pretty sweet used car if I was going to spend that much so started looking around. Somehow got hooked on getting a 911 Turbo and went through pretty much every one on sale in my state and some in other states. Checked out a few and eventually chose one and have had it since 2013.

People hate the 996 but I don't give a shit. The lower demand means lower price and it's still a fantastic car.
>>
>>16999162
It's the opposite of FF, which is no fun at all, so guess how much better it is.
>>
>>16999205
>flawed design
>great at putting power down
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.