[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are engine swaps like pic related actually complicated or do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: backyard built.jpg (273KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
backyard built.jpg
273KB, 1366x768px
Are engine swaps like pic related actually complicated or do most people overthink them?

this dude did all the work himself, I mean he got it tuned by someone but other than that, its his own blood, sweat and treats.
>>
engine swaps are hard as fuck, if you can master a quick engine swap you have enough working knowladge of cars to pretty much build your own if you had the time and material
>>
>>16998457
Mostly tears I'm guessing?
>>
>>16998457
Engine swapping is all about knowledge and planning.
It requires the right tools and space and the right modifications (harness, mounts. Etc) anyone can technically Ls swap a miata, but to just put any old engine in to just any old car is a nightmare / impossible for all but the best mechanics.
And yeah as >>16998462 says of you can swap an engine you can basically build your own.
>>
depends on the car

your typical redneck can swap out old carbed V8s over the weekend while drunk the entire time

more modern stuff is a bitch
>>
>>16998504
damn sounds like a good time
>>
>>16998509
Except when you trip, fall and fuck your sister.
>>
>>16998514
I know that feeling
>>
Depends on the swap. Some bolt in because they're from the exact same engine family, only with a different displacement. Others are a pain and a half when absolutely nothing fits by default and you have to start fabricating new mounts, cutting up firewalls, worrying about aftermarket computer controllers because the stock one will freak out in a different car, and figure out how to link up the drivetrain in the end.
>>
Riley's done like 3 jz swaps and a few beams swaps at this point. Anyone can do it, but that doesn't make it easy.
>>
2jz swaps are easy as fuck, literally have been swapped in any chassis

All you need is $650 dollars and an afternoon
>>
Engine swaps are all about having space, having all the parts you need, and either knowledge or reference material.

I can't tell you how many times my idiot friends thought they could get an engine swap done in a weekend, when they didn't have any space to do work except their driveway, or any of the extra pieces to make the actually car run, and to top it all off, not realizing they needed to modify their wiring loom, and swap MAF sensors.

Don't be an idiot and male sure to do proper research, allocate an area for everything you're gonna do, have all the parts you need, go step by step while keeping track of everynut and bolt with ziplock bags and labels, and do all the wiring before pulling the engine (trust me, a car being dead while working on wiring is a lot less conspicuous than a dead car with its engine sitting next to it).
>>
>>16998773
Sometimes you give nuggets like this one, but most times you're utter shit

NYS
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.