[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT / SQT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 60

File: 1378525052921.jpg (42KB, 403x481px) Image search: [Google]
1378525052921.jpg
42KB, 403x481px
>questions that dont deserve their own thread: the thread

buddy bought a 92 accord for $500. its in decent shape except its stuck in limp mode where it only revs to 3k and also stalls if you rev it past 2k or so.
>jumped diagnostic connector, no codes flash (cel flashes a pattern to signify the error code)
>this is a code 00, bad ecu
>replaced ecu
>still in limp mode
>still doesnt flash codes
>probably not the brain box (rip 20 bucks)
>all fuses are good
>all grounds and connectors look good
>pulling the ecu fuse for 20 minutes doesnt solve the problem
>rev the engine in neutral
>if it goes over 2000 or so when you let off the throttle the engine will stop fueling and/or sparking as it revs down
>will start running again if you blip the throttle again before it completely stalls
>ignition system and injection system all tested and verified good
any obvious things we should be looking at that we missed?
>>
>>16995764
Maybe idle valve or throttle position sensor?
>>
>>16995764
vacuum leak

rip
>>
are hood scoops gay?
>>
>>16996230
Only if they're over the top and/or have no real function and/or are on a shitty car
>>
Thinking about picking up a Celica-Supra. Is it good to go Carbureted, I don't trust the EFI in an old shitbox?
>>
>Set to inherit mummy's Holden Barina Swing 1997
>According to stepdad, mechanic said it needs brakes and cam belt replaced
>GF's dad was "the best mechanic in town" ~15 years ago, still does small bits of mechanical work on friend's cars
Would he competently:
>replace cam belt
>assess the shitbox for other mechanical issues

All I'd need to pay him is the parts and whisky.
>>
>>16996544
Sounds reasonable
>>
>>16996544
Additional question I just thought of:
Same car has what I suspect to be a break in the rubber seal around the driver's door, which leaks in the rain.
What is the cheapest nig-rig fix for this problem? My instincts are telling me duct tape
>>
>>16996552
get a new seal? dont be a cheap nigger
>>
>>16996552
vatozone always carries seals, they're cheap. Don't be acting like you're on food stamps
>>
>>16996538
>Complex mess of floaters, valves, Jets and vacuum tubes is better than a few wires, a bunch of injectors and a control module.

I don't understand why you would trust something 10x more complex in an old ass shitbox
>>
>>16996552
Any patch job would only make it leak worse. Replace the whole thing.
>>
RI told me theres no way I can drive a car that was gifted to me to my home state in NY and need to get it towed

wat do
>>
oil capacity is 3.8 quarts, can I just pour in 4 quarts and be fine with it? really don't want to carry around 0.2 quarts. 2007 honda fit, thanks
>>
File: 1462991230637.jpg (26KB, 479x358px) Image search: [Google]
1462991230637.jpg
26KB, 479x358px
If I got a custom ground cam where the exhaust and intake lobes were reversed, could I attach an intake to the exhaust ports on the cylinder head and have it exhaust out the intake ports?
>>
Is the transponder chip in my key wireless or does it physically connect through the ignition? Could I get a smaller key fob without a remote but with a transponder chip, or even transponder unit separate to a key?
>>
File: ring1.jpg (480KB, 1721x2002px) Image search: [Google]
ring1.jpg
480KB, 1721x2002px
>>16997524
It's wireless, there is an antenna on the key barrel.
Most of them are just plastic rings around the barrel like pic related
>>
>>16997533
I know it's stupid but I hate how large my key fob is and I don't really care about the remote. You think I could put the RFID coil and key in a much smaller fob without issue?
>>
>>16997563
As long as it's still very close to the antenna I don't see issues with that
>>
>>16997568
Thanks. I couldn't find much searching but I see you can get smaller blanks with transponder chips already inside. Still not as small as I'd like but much better.
>>
>>16997397
yeah, you'll be fine. you can put quite a bit of oil past the full mark like .75qt worth and still be ok.
>>
my car's coolant resivoir seems to be getting empty every few months, is this normal?
I don't really see any leaks
99 jeep grand cherokee 4.0
>>
I'm trying to find some M7 Allen head bolts, but I'm having a hard time finding exactly what I need because I'm not too familiar with the terminology of fasteners. I'm looking for an Allen head bolt where the head tapers in towards the threads, but all I'm finding are bolts like pic related where the head tapers away from the threads. I want something with the same amount of taper and the same sized head, like if you took these bolts and flipped the heads upside down.

Would anyone know the name of a bolt like that or where I could find them?
>>
>>16996612
>complex
You get more power by easily tuning with a screwdriver than trusting deteriorated 30 year old wires. I'd only do an ECU tune if I redid the wiring but fuck that shit, I'm not a electrical engineer or an electrician
>>
>>16998195
Not really normal but doesn't seem to be emptying too fast either.
It may be leaking into the cylinders and burning away as the engine runs so you don't see obvious leaks around the engine.

If you are absolutely sure there are no external leaks, just keep the level in check and keep in mind you probably have a very small head gasket leak that will slowly become worse over time.
If you find yourself refilling it every other day, the exhaust has plenty of white smoke and there are still no external leaks, it's time to fix the headgasket before it causes too much damage
>>
>>16998207
Countersunk is what you are looking for
>>
>>16998216
how much of a job is the headgasket?
I don't know the last time it was replaced, if ever
I got it at around 140k and it's up to 167k or so now
>>
>>16998212
Ease of performance tuning wasn't mentioned anywhere in the original post.
It seemed pretty clear to me that the main point was carb reliability vs EFI reliability and injectors are more reliable than carbs by a long shot
>>
>>16998227
Depends on the engine, really.
Usually it involves removing the valve cover, the timing belt/chain, the camshaft(s), the intake and exhaust manifolds and a few bolts keeping the head down.
Some engines are easier than others and may not even require you to remove the camshaft or the manifolds for example (a lot of SOHC are like this), others may have a lot more shit in the way and V engines have two heads so double the trouble.

All in all, the parts are relatively cheap, but the job can take several hours depending on how much stuff you have to remove to get to the head gasket.

Also expect to make a complete drain and replacement of coolant and oil while changing head gaskets
>>
>>16998229
I just want the most of the motor, the chassis weighs 3000lbs. If I wanted to have EFI in it I'd swap a 1UZ but I wouldn't do that till the motor somehow dies.
Just worried since the car is 30 years old, just heard something about AE86 guys converting their 4A's EFI to Carb back in the day for easy power instead of paying for a tune.
>>
>>16998277
Well if your main goal is power the go for carb, from your original post it looked like your main concern was reliability so that's why I told you to go EFI
>>
I have a 2009 dodge caliber with about 94000 miles on it.

Last night I was driving home from work. After about a 10 minute freeway drive, I hit the first stop light from the off ramp. After maybe 30 uneventful seconds the whole car shuddered and stalled out. Threw it into park and it started up no problem, drove home slowly and sat in a parking lot for a few minutes to see if it would do it again. No problems.

Today I drove back to work where I have a similar stoplight situation right off the freeway. Sat there for about a minute. The RPMs dipped uncomfortably close to 500, but it seemed to stop when I turned off the air conditioner.

Fuel injection or electrical? In a moment of foresight I bought a fuel system cleaner that I'm going to throw in when I fuel up tonight. I guess calibers tend to get gunky fuel injection. My MPG hasn't gone down drastically, but I have noticed a mild decline.
>>
What's the model of that one Pontiac that has the rear window that goes over the top of the car?
>>
Which lexus is the better buy. Because I can't find an is 300 or a ls 400
>>
2008 Ford Fusion sel awd
2011 Ford Taurus sel
Which is a better?
>>
>tfw you order your new gt500 spoiler and have it painted by the dealer, but they painted over the gurney flap which is supposed to be left unpainted and black

what do I do?
>>
>>16999421
send it back, citing dissatisfaction, obv.
>>
Is 16.5k for a used chevy camaro a good deal? It has 40k it and is about 3.5 lower than kbb
>>
>>16999421
Have you tried telling that to the dealer instead of 4chan?
>>
>>16999595
they've been closed for two hours now
>>
>>16999606
Call them tomorrow duh
>>
File: IMG_0432.png (3MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0432.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
Should I buy this?
>>
>>16999999
>>
File: 0409171334a.jpg (852KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
0409171334a.jpg
852KB, 1536x2048px
My hunk of shit Malibu is extremely rusted and was spraying gas everywhere trough the lines. As a fix I ran 12ft of fuel line through my car to the access panel I cut under the backseat to the fuel pump. Is this a shot fix or could it last for a while till I can afford something better?
>>
>>17000021
I'm a gay phone poster because I'm at work
through*
shit*
>>
>>16999890
Yes
>>
What engine mod would give me the most performance per dollar?
>>
>>17000021
As long as the clamps are tight it's good.
I wouldn't use rubber tubes if they run under the car for too much though, try to use the rigid plastic ones if you can snag them from a scrapyard, assuming they were available for your car.
>>
>>17000158
A single mod won't do shit if it's not used in conjunction with other mods.
A bigger intake manifold is useless if you leave a tiny throttle body, different cams won't give you the best if you don't touch ignition timing, CAIs alone will do jack shit, new headers won't help if you leave the stock exhaust and so on. And at the end of all this you will still need a tune.

Pick an area you want to upgrade and slowly work your way towards reworking it completely. Maybe start from the intake: get a new filter, then bigger manifolds, then bigger throttle body, then injectors. If it's turbo get bigger turbine, pipes and intercooler.

You won't find a miracle mod that is cheap and gives you 100hp out of the box
>>
File: 1488906299409.jpg (30KB, 960x711px) Image search: [Google]
1488906299409.jpg
30KB, 960x711px
Who got
>>17000000
where's it at
>>
>>17000245
But the stock manifold, exhaust and throttle body are already good

Should I look at new heads, crank and cams? Coyote 5.0 btw
>>
>>17000320
Not an expert on your engine, sorry
>>
Can I DD a 2002 Mustang GT?

Looking at either purchasing a Mustang GT or a Ford Ranger 4x4.

We have lots of state land and trails to go wheeling down, but on the other hand I hardly travel down them. That might change if I had a vehicle I trusted to tackle simple service roads.

But I truthfully spend a lot of time on pavement. Unfortunately, I live on a dirt road that gets pretty rutted up when frost comes out. I have a winter beater, but I want something for summer.

Mind is set on a Ranger or Mustang. Considered a Miata, but living in the rust belt, they're going for 5-8k for a NA if it's "rust free", which just means "surface rust everywhere"
>>
File: tragic.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tragic.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
>>16995764
Is it possible to heel-toe with your heel on the floor?
>>
>>17000811
Depends on the width of your shoe, and the spacing between the pedals but yes you can rev match with just the ball of your foot.
>>
>>16999589
That's a horrible deal, why would you buy an 88 Camaro for that much?
>>
File: IMG_4915.jpg (138KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4915.jpg
138KB, 640x1136px
>>17000811
Yes. Just depends on how close the pedals are. I made this so i can heel toe effortlessly.
>>
File: Autism Overdrive..jpg (36KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
Autism Overdrive..jpg
36KB, 600x419px
>>17000939
>>
File: 1491260640119.png (60KB, 345x278px) Image search: [Google]
1491260640119.png
60KB, 345x278px
>>17000939
>That fabrication
Well.. I'll give you credit for trying.
>>
I have a '94 Nissan Altima that used to need a coolant refill every couple days. No external leaks. Something that I quickly realized is that if I topped the coolant to maximum it would drain really quickly(1/2 every 10 miles), but the lower it goes, the slower it drains. It's above 1/4" above the min level and it has stopped leaking ever since. What could be the issue?
>>
>>17001056
Also, is it safe to drive with that low level of a coolant? Took a chance and drove it from Salt Lake to Las Vegas last weekend, no overheating issues, and coolant was still at 1/4" above min level when I got back. But am I risking some engine blow up scenario?
>>
Why don't they use ABS technology for accelerating?
>>
>>16999890
>2wd

No
>>
File: 2017-ford-fiesta-st200.jpg (20KB, 450x274px) Image search: [Google]
2017-ford-fiesta-st200.jpg
20KB, 450x274px
Anyone have experience returning newly purchased tires? I went from oem potenza re050a to michelin as3 in my fiesta st. New tires do not grip as well in extreme conditions. Wondering if I can return them.
>>
>>17001211
no
>>
>>16998375
Update:

So I'm a little more confident it's some kind of power draw from the air conditioner.

After work I took it to the gas station to throw in the fuel system cleaner and fill up. First I let it idle in drive for a little while.
Now, when I'm cruising surface streets I'll hang around 1000-1500 rpm. On freeway I'm closer to 2500 rpm. Idling in drive nets me about 650 rpm. When I turned on the AC, however, it dipped down to about 550 rpm and wavered between 650 to 550 every time it sounded like the AC was cycling on. I also noticed that when I first turned the AC on, my headlights dimmed.

Would a power draw like this cause a random stall? When it stalled last night all the electronics and lights were still on and it turned over with no problem right after.

I got my alternator replaced last September because the pulley went bad and it sounded like hell whenever I had the engine on. I would've replaced it myself but I worked my jewish magic to get it replaced for less than it would have cost to do it myself. However, the bumblefuck mechanic had to take the entire AC unit out and recharge it because Dodge designers are retarded and the mechanic wouldn't just slide it out of the way still connected.

Could this be related? Am I even on the right track here?
>>
>>17001068
You mean traction control?
>>
>>17001391
I mean why is wheelspin even allowed?
>>
>>17001346
Yea ac can cause a stall. Puts a load on the engine, idle RPMs drop. Normally your cars idle control handles this kind of thing, or turning on AC triggers a fast idle valve, etc. If its a simple screw adjust idle or whatever fast idle / idle control you have isn't working right, it can stall out. AC compressors take some serious power to spin.
>>
>>17001346
>>17001505
Though from how you described it (fluctuate from 550 to normal 650 based on ac load) it sounds like your idle control system is fine.
>>
>>17001514
>>17001505
I haven't seen anything else that makes me worry about the idle control, so I agree I think it's fine. So a power issue then? My electricals all work fine even when it stalled last night, so I'm assuming my alternator is still good.
>>
File: top gun.png (129KB, 317x310px) Image search: [Google]
top gun.png
129KB, 317x310px
>>17000939
>Plastic clutch pedal
>'The Ultimate Driving Machine'
>>
Are aftermarket remote starts any good? I saw some the other day at the parts store but was in a hurry and didnt look at them. I just want it because my engine needs a little while to warm up. I hate starting it and leaving it, id rather just start it while the doors are still locked.
>>
>>16995764
>Tried redlining my car for the first time
>Almost hit redline but pussy out
>Smell weird smell right after

What could it be?

>Anytime im in 6th and reach 83 mph I start to hear a rapid ticking noise between the center dash/console and the back of the motor

Could they be related?
>>
>>17001860
Depending on how old the car is, you probably just just sucked some oil past the valve stem seals. redlining is good for an engine 'once in awhile', shake everything loose and blow it out. Also, I doubt that noise and smell are related. I hear a ticking noise at high speeds in my car, but sounds more like an electrical spark tick if anything, don't know if you can hear that though.
>>
is it worth getting a 2014 gt a dyno tune? The only 'mod' is an axleback exhaust
>>
File: 1491896656688.webm (2MB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491896656688.webm
2MB, 640x800px
I don't know much about euro cars since they all look the same and are just numbered like graphics cards 328, s550, c300 a4 etc
Can someone give me a quick rundown of understanding European car models if there is an easy way at all?
Also where does the Ford gt350r fall compare in terms of performance and luxury and other shit, a BMW m4?
Pic unrelated
>>
>>17002847
Don't know about other manufacturers, but older BMW'S were named based on series and engine displacement.

It makes shopping for older BMW'S a breeze.

No messing around trying to determine what engine is in the car, no trying to determine if it's AWD, or wondering if it has a LSD.

I wish all manufacturers followed it. In fact, it would've been goat if BMW continued on with that naming convention.
>>
I can't bleed my brakes because the screw(not sure what it's really called) seized up and refuses to move. What do & where would I find the correct size for replacement screws?
>>
how does a diff work
what is an open diff
i understand how a welded diff works in theory but why do people do it? mad skidz?
>>
>>17003106
You can buy replacement bleeder screws and you can buy bleeder screw repair kits.

Grab a pair of quality vice grips and grind two flat edges on the bleeder screw. Use a pair of cheater bars if you're a bit of a bitch to clamp down on the flat spots you created. When you think the vice grips are tight turn the nut down a smidge more before clamping down.

If your vice grips are of quality they'll bite into the bleeder screw and you won't have to waste time grinding flat edges down.

Or you can buy new calipers.
>>
>>17002863
Like what years made?
Give an example name?
>>
File: 1388267548019.jpg (3MB, 1181x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1388267548019.jpg
3MB, 1181x1280px
>>17003177

Thanks anon. I don't come here very often but I always appreciate /o/ being so helpful.
>>
>>17003110
the image should be self explanatory

the drive shaft is rotated by the engine, if you were standing behind the car, it spins right to left

however the wheels need to spin forward and backward, the differential and the end of the drive shaft has weird shaped interlocking metal gears that essentially rotate that power. the diff is connected to both wheel axels which are rotated by the drive shaft through the diff which makes the wheels turn

a locked differential is "basic" in that it sends power to both wheels equally

an open differential can adjust how much torque is sent to each wheel based on whatever the manufacturer or engineer wants, usually to remove torque from a wheel that is spinning because no grip

lets say it sends the power to the inside wheel on a turn
too little power on the outside wheel and it will understeer (the car goes straight)
too much and the car will oversteer (the car turns too much probably will lose grip and spin out)
>>
>>17003110
You didn't understand how welded diffs work if your first question is how a diff works

>how does a diff work?
Just watch a video, really, it takes a wall of text to explain it and you would still have troubles figuring it out. It's one of those things that are super obvious when you see them in motion, but are kind of hard to explain concisely.
BTW its main purpose is to allow the tractive wheels on the same axle to rotate at different speeds when a car is turning.

>what is an open diff?
A normal, basic differential that you find on pretty much every car out there. It's called like that to distinguish it from other, more advanced forms of differentials that are called LSD (Limited Slip Differential) and allow to overcome one of the major drawbacks of open diffs, which is the tendency to send all the torque to the wheel with less traction. There are various types of LSDs and you often find them on off-road vehicles and sports cars.
There are also other types of lockable differentials but I'll leave you to Google for that.

>why do people do it?
Yes it's mostly for mad skidz because a locked diff means one or both wheels are always sliding to a certain degree when turning the car. It's easier to start and maintain a drift with a welded diff, but it makes normal driving a pain and it eats through tires like a motherfucker.
>>
File: differential-rwd.gif (36KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
differential-rwd.gif
36KB, 400x300px
>>17003277
>>17003110
>>
>>17003277
>a locked differential is "basic" in that it sends power to both wheels equally
>an open differential can adjust how much torque is sent to each wheel based on whatever the manufacturer or engineer wants, usually to remove torque from a wheel that is spinning because no grip

I think you got the two mixed up.
>>
File: 1488773270557.png (694KB, 926x666px) Image search: [Google]
1488773270557.png
694KB, 926x666px
>>17003181
Don't know when they switched to the new naming convention, but I learned about it when I was looking at buying an e30 or e36. Ended up buying a Rustang as I was tired of driving around looking at overpriced project cars.

BMW 328i
>3 series
>2.8 displacement
>Fuel (i)njection

325e
>3 series
>2.5
>Economy

>>17003218
Take a ball peen hammer and smack the surrounding area a few times first. Smack the screw while you're at it, but rather politely. You'll collapse the bleeder screw wherever you clamp on. You can prevent that and make removal a little easier by finding a metal rod (coat hanger) to shove into the valve.
>>
>>17003293
holy shit i wish i knew that
>>
>>17003293
>>17003294
looks liike that isn't the case anymore

330e
all 2.0
330i has muh glorious inline 6 >tfw no american inline6s i would gladly have it replace the v6 in the mustang as long as they can pull a good exhaust note from it
>>
>>17003277
An open diff doesn't adjust anything, the wheels are free to rotate at whatever speed they want.
It's just a normal diff, you are confusing it with an LSD
>>
>>17000861
forgot 2015 :x
>>
For winding roads, driving fast and general hooning: v8 mustang or brz? I can get the mustang a lot faster.
>>
Was buying a 2001 eclipse gt a good idea?
>>
Can I just vaccum out my cabin air filter without buying a new one?
Also how often should I replace it

And

I have a stain on the cloth on the door panel interior, it's either like oil or dust or a mixture of the two from changing my oil
Any easy way to get it out? The cloth is beige and the stain is discolored kind of making it look wet
>>
>>17003625
You can vacuum it but it will do shit.

Check your maintenance schedule for when you need to replace it

Any general interior cleaner will do the job. The ones that become powder after a few seconds work better than the wet ones, but you will need to wipe the cloth clean with a wet rag anyway afterwards, to remove all the powder
>>
>did oilchange at home
>drop oilpan-screw(+copper crush washer) into old oil
>see quite an amount of copper sparkles while disposing the old oil

How can I check if the copper was just from the washer and not from some engine parts dissolving? The car has a bit over 80k miles on it
>>
Does anyone know how thorough the DMV is when they check your odometer when you register your car as a classic? I have a 30 year old piece of shit car but I got for a thousand bucks because that's all it's worth (accident, minor frame damage and some other shit but never reported so not totaled/rebuilt) and I want to do a junkyard V8 swap because I hear it only cost 500 bucks and takes an afternoon and I don't want to fuck with emissions and catalytic converters and all that bullshit and registering it as a classic allows you to register with no emissions testing but you're only allowed to drive 5000 miles a year. Problem is, I regularly put 10000 to 12000 miles or more on my cars per year because I love to drive around so much. I was just going to roll the odometer back every year because as I said this thing is worth a 1000 bucks MAYBE so it would never be sold except for parts if it gets wrecked. What is the likelihood of getting caught on this?
>>
>>16998802
Taurus is a fullsize Crown Victoria replacement, the Fusion is more in line with the 86-07 Taurus being a midsize. Having driven both I would do the '11 Taurus.
>>
>>17003697
The bearings in your engine are Babbitt (alloy of tin and copper) over bronze bonded to a steel backing. So if your seeing large flecks of copper its almost certainly just from the washer. If your engine is eating a bearing your going to hear it if you have that much metal in your oil pan....
>>
>>17001826
Get another key made that you keep on you while the car is warming up and the doors are locked
>>
>>17002129
It's 2 years young, guess the car doesn't like being rev'ed :( I'm not sure if it sounds like a spark tick. You know those rotating home fans? It's like you put a leaf in the fan blades and it makes that sound. I tested it out and everytime I hit 83 mph it sounds. It goes away after 85 mph or if I remove my foot from the gas. It's louder in 5th and 4th.
>>
>>17003723
I mean, pretty low I would imagine?
You're not going to have the fucking NSA trailing you or anything. They're just going to glimpse at the odometer....
>>
>>17003839
Engine is running pretty normal, no weird sounds
Thank you!
>>
>>17003723
When I had my B11 Sunny they just assumed I was telling the truth. Then again, I went on an extremely cold windy day in the middle of winter.
>>
>>17000403
Go for the 4x4. You'll be much happier and use it more often in the long run. Trust me, had a built mustang for 6 years, raced twice, only ever got to use the power getting on the highway, and that only lasted a couple seconds. Bought a jeep a year ago, I've been wheeling more than ten times already, and never once worried I was going to get in trouble with law enforcement.
>>
>>17002489
most cars you can squeeze another 30-40 hp out of them with a tune with all stock parts. BUT, you'd no longer pass smog and if your car is a '14, you probably have nothing to worry about for the next several years
>>
>>17003891
what kind of car is it? It's probably a coilpack or injector tick, nothing to be worried about. It would be one of those "burn money to fix with no guarantee of fixing" things. Unless it's crazy loud in which case, warranty fix?
>>
>>17003625
The filter also absorbs odors and bacteria. Vacuuming gets rid of leaves and dirt, but the major smell producers are still there. Buy one of the activated charcoal/carbon cabin air filters. I got one for my friend who likes to hotbox in his car, all he does now is turn the air on recirc for 5 min and all the smell is gone. Replace every ~50k mi, check your owners manual.
>>
>>17004385
I'd also go with the 4x4. Personally, I value utility over sporty and fun. Is it a 4dr or 2dr cab? long bed or short bed? Manual or auto?
>>
I'm looking at a turbo modded car on craigslist and the turbo is just stated as "a T25 Turbo." Should I assume it's some garbage eBay turbo since no brand was mentioned?
>>
>>17004792
meant for >>17000403
>>
>>17004799
Stay away from modded cars like that. If he doesn't have full paperwork from a shop who did it or if it looks like a child just threw the turbo in there with some shitty DNA headers and fake N1 exhaust, run. Just buy a car that comes with a turbo stock.
>>
File: wat.png (442KB, 601x417px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
442KB, 601x417px
What car is this? The location is Macau
>>
>>17004976
Maybe a Subaru Vivio?
>>
File: 1480531577140.jpg (191KB, 639x506px) Image search: [Google]
1480531577140.jpg
191KB, 639x506px
>>16996612
>carb tuning
>complex
>???

what did he mean by this?
>>
HOW DO I SET MY FUCKING SEAT EVERY TIME I TOUCH SOMETHING I'M TOO CLOSE TO THE PEDALS, TOO FAR FROM THE WHEELS, MY BACK IS BEING FUCKING MURDERED, THE SEAT ISN'T SUPPORTING ME, MY KNEES ARE TOO HIGH UP ALSO KILLING MY BACK AND ONLINE GUIDES DON'T HELP AND ALL CONTRADICT EACH OTHER

No pun intended but this shit is driving me up the wall
>>
Will bad battery cables and a good alternator cause the voltmeter to read less than 12V when the car's on (voltmeter is reading from the alternator's voltage)?

Do bad battery cables convey less voltage, or do they limit voltage at a cap?

Voltmeter is reading sub-12V both with the engine on and off, but throwing a jump starter on the battery jumps the voltmeter up into a more normal range. Trying to figure out if I have bad cables, a bad battery, a bad alternator, or some combination of the above.
>>
>>17005423
sounds like someone fell for the reclining bucket seat meme
>>
File: DSC_0219.jpg (3MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0219.jpg
3MB, 3920x2204px
Hey, /o/, I was told these stains in the engine bay are from road salt and that I should clean that up sooner rather than later. Will just plain water and rubbing take care of these?

I should clean the whole engine bay, really. The previous owner kept it filthy as fuck. Is it really safe to just spray it with water as people do in youtube vids?
>>
>>17005423

>Put seat backrest forward and upright so you're sitting properly, since you and everyone before you probably leant it back to look "cool"

>Fully depress clutch pedal
>Slide seat backwards until your clutch foot is almost straight at its limit but ever so slightly bent.
>Make sure you can press the pedal down all the way comfortably.

>See that your hands are nice and relaxed on the wheel now, if not lean seat back a little I guess

Not hard
>>
>>17001066
Less fluid will boil faster, i think it will function normally until you reach the temp limit, then it should fail a bit sooner than if it were full.
>>
my hands smell like ATF kill me now
>>
>>17005797
Then either I'm too far from the wheel or the seat angle kills my back
>>
Bought a car recently and dumped $700 into removing a clogged cat and replacing it. Car is now burning oil by the bucketfull, I'm talking 2 quarts in 2 days of driving normally. In order to keep my oil from burning off now I have to shift right at 2k.

I replaced the PCV and the assumption from here is that it is rings, valve stem seals, or the headgasket.

I have very little wrenching experience but I need the car to run as a daily. Should I attempt to rebuild it, buy a used motor, or just swallow my pride and get rid of it?

After expenses I have roughly $500 a month to do what I want with and can get overtime out the ass.
>>
File: 6-seville+action_Snapseed.jpg (212KB, 1024x633px) Image search: [Google]
6-seville+action_Snapseed.jpg
212KB, 1024x633px
Anyone have experiences with Cadillac barge reliability?
I'm looking into the Mercury Marquis as I've seen first hand how long the panther platform can stay on the road with minimal issues. The only issues I've run into in the past were electrical issues on my dads town car but those are pretty limited to the town car itself.

However Cadillacs just have an air of pure sex to them. You get the slow roll of a yacht with the added bonus of not looking like a cop. They cost a bit more than panthers, but if reliability isn't an issue I wouldn't be against dishing out the extra cash
>>
>>16996552
sugru
worked for my gfs hunters
>>
Does anyone here know anything about hybrid batteries in terms of their longevity? I'm helping my girlfriend buy a car and she wants good mpg. I'm assuming /o/ thinks hybrids are gay or something but thought I'd ask.

Looking at this currently. I read this generation of civic hybrid has had battery issues, but this one has a new battery in it. Should I just look at normal civics instead? Thanks

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6082318389.html
>>
>>17005580
I really hope you figured this out already, but yes, it's your battery.
>>
>>17005874
Stretch, fatty.
>>
>>17007500
Friend of mind had an 03' STS Touring in highschool.

It was an absolute blast to roll into parties to with. Very quick for what it was. He drove it like he stole it everyday our entire senior year until it developed the famous pinging under hard acceleration.

Ran a ton of seafoam through the crank and that went away.

Believe he sold it after graduating because he thought the transmission was going out.
>>
>>17007280
What car? If it's burning that much you should easily see it. Definitely smell it.

How does the coolant look? Oil condition?
>>
I've heard about wrapping your exhaust many times and known a few people that have done it, but what about insulating the intake? The filter is already separated to fresh air with a compartment, should that reflective insulation tape right up to the manifold make a difference?
>>
>>17007579
5 years average.
Some more, some less. I wouldn't expect any more than 10 out of one, more than 7 is pushing it as is.
>>
Why does every website tells me to top up my coolant if I were to store my car for prolonged periods of time? It's not like coolant will just disappear or evaporate from the reservoir, right? I'm going to serve a mission soon and don't want to sell my car but the only place I can store my car is at my parent's apartment's parking lot which is outdoor and they can't drive stick so it will be 2 years before the car gets driven.
>>
>>17007976
Just put a bit of anointing oil in there and you'll be good to go
>>
>>17007976
>Apartment complex
>2+ years parked
Sell it.

The reason for topping the tank and coolant off is for condensation purposes. Look into proper storage procedures if you really want to store it. Pay the $100 for a storage unit that'll house your car. At least then it'll be covered.
>Change oil when it won't be started again and the storing process starts
>Change all fluids, actually
>Intake storing fogger
>Full tank of gas + fuel stabilizer; run it through the system
>Junk tires if you like your current ones; put it on stands

But you're storing it at an apartment complex. Literally only the lowest forms of life flock to those things. I moved into one of those immediately after graduating and everyday I did my best to avoid the other tenants.
>Always wanting something
>Always under the influence of some kind of drug
>Always broke
>Always causing trouble where law enforcement is brought in

Was the same way at my buddies apartment complex. He even paid top dollar for his to prevent being surrounded by scum.

My disabled uncles was an income based place. Holy hell did that one make the people at mine look like upstanding citizens.
>>
What is the purpose of setting your wheels at a 45 degree angle? I'm talking about those small cars that are dropped to the point where they can barely take a speed bump, I don't understand why their wheels are looking sideways.
>>
>>17008435
You're talking about camber right?
A little bit of camber is used on the track because when the car corners hard on a track it will very slightly roll onto its outside wheels, a few degrees of camber maximizes tire contact in the corner at the expense of less contact on the corner entry/exit/mostly on straights.
Some people really like the look and go to ridiculous lengths to get the most camber on their wheels as possible and it is totally impractical, its shit for every condition. Only a few degrees are needed really and even then it depends on the car and track and driving style.
>>
>>17008468
Not too familiar with what a camber is, but it sounds like what i've seen, except that these cars do have it at a ridiculous angle, thanks for the insight.
>>
>>17007929

Ok thanks, most stuff I've found talks more in terms of miles than years. After reading more it looks like it might not be worth it
>>
>>16998212
>tune with a screwdriver

Still easier to plug a laptop into your ECU to change the tune on a fuel injected.
>>
>>16999890
>2wd

>needs front a couple of thousand dollars in work

No
>>
I have a 98 Suburban with a 4L80 and recently when I use the gear lever to select 2nd, it takes a few seconds to downshift, even at low enough RPM. It used to change gears almost immediately. I tried changing the atf and filter but it didn't seem to fix it. The truck shifts fine on it's own I just don't know why it started taking so long to downgear manually
>>
File: 1490857157510.jpg (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1490857157510.jpg
3MB, 2560x1600px
What car is pictured here?
>>
>>17009211
First gen Nissan Skyline. Looks like a 69 or 70.

It literally says Skyline GT on the trunk.
>>
File: 1427867515702s.jpg (2KB, 124x91px) Image search: [Google]
1427867515702s.jpg
2KB, 124x91px
my 17 year old car (Audi A2 1.4 TDI) is doing something weird: when I'm on an highway at a moderate incline, If I run faster than 110/120 km/h it suddenly seems like the motor "gives out", I lose almost all power and even If i bottom out the accelerator the car won't go above 80 km/h. After I stop and shut off the car, the car works again normally. What is this? Would be cheap to fix?
>>
>>17009169
You're driving a 98 Suburban.

Stop driving it like a manual race car.
>>
File: 1480343418274-1.jpg (110KB, 478x343px) Image search: [Google]
1480343418274-1.jpg
110KB, 478x343px
I have HID bulbs (previous owner installed them), and outta nowhere my left headlight turned off out of nowhere while parking. now when I turn it on it starts flickering, if it turns on at all

would have checked the fuses/relays but it is too dark right now so im gonna check in the morning. anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
>>
>>17009393
Ballast is fucked.
>>
>>16997397
I would just add the leftovers to my radiator fluid to keep it hydrated.
>>
File: muffler.png (126KB, 1362x522px) Image search: [Google]
muffler.png
126KB, 1362x522px
How can I make sure this thing fits my car? My car isn't on the "Shop by vehicle" thing on the top of the page.

And how do I make sure it isn't over a certain decibel?
>>
>>17009408
you mean this?

https://www.amazon.com/Xentec-XT-BALLAST-Slim-20120201-Slim-HID-ballast/dp/B0074FQKDA
>>
>>17009466
Yeah. And if you spend that kind of money on them, expect this problem to keep happening every few months.
>>
>>16995764
Cam sensor. Derp basic shit. Cant test with a voltmeter you have to have an oscilloscope.
>may aswell voltage derp test the wires to though
>>
>>17009485
just a random one I saw amazon. I think I might just revert back to regular headlights I feel like I annoy people when driving at night
>>
>>17009522
You do, and you should. Aftermarket hids are ass.
>>
How reliable are rear main sealants? Pretty sure its been leaking for a few months at least, but doesnt seem like im losing too much oil. If its a small leak i was going to try a sealant
>>
so i bought this second hand car, there was some sort of foggy looking stuff on the rear windshield so i went at it today with some glass cleaner and a paper towel
>the foggy looking stuff is actually this crusty ass shit i can only equate to donut frosting
>look at cloth and see this yellowy colored crumbly shit
>smells like stale piss and sunscreen
what is this fucking crap? gonna have to go buy a plastic razor because the shit wont come off without fingernails or really hard rubbing with a cloth
>>
>>17009587
Sounds like a bird ate a fuckton of frosting and took a shit inside your car. Breddy nice t b h, would lick.
>>
File: 1350125635941.jpg (128KB, 600x1005px) Image search: [Google]
1350125635941.jpg
128KB, 600x1005px
>>17009608
>>
I have an old Taurus that I currently use to get around, but I have the opportunity to buy a 97 del sol as a second car. It's cheap but it's thrashed, and I don't know if I should even bother. What do you guys think?
>>
so how does this happen
https://youtu.be/a7Qn7HLfWvs?t=2m41s
>>
I want to start changing the oil on my car myself and i've read the owner manual, says you have to screw the oil plug back on at a specific torque. Is it a critical step or can I eyeball it? I don't really want to buy a tool just for that. Also, there was a bit of rust flaking when I tried out my jack, are treatments effective if rust is already on the frame?
>>
>>17010108
Literally every nut and bolt on your car will have a torque spec. Just make sure it's tight, but not overkill.

>>17010022
If you want it, get it. If you don't like it, sell it. People these days give less thought before changing their gender than you're giving to the purchase of a used car.
>>
>>17010168
Thanks for the advice, I think I'll sell it. I dont really need another car, and the tires are so shit on my Taurus I can have as much fun hooning it instead.
>>
>>17009451
It says the inlet diameter is 2.5" so you'll need to figure out what diameter your exhaust is. If you're exhaust isn't 2.5" then you'll need to get an adapter or find another muffler that fits. No way to check the decibel until it's on the car, but most fartcans come with removable silencers
>>
okay so i was doing blockies (circling the cbd racing other cars doing the same). i was braking and driving fairly hard, after a while i started to small brake and clutch, im not entireley sure if it was just my car as i have an mx5 with the top down and the person in front of me was riding the clutch, i went home and the smell got better but didnt go away for about 10mins, have a fucked my clutch? or is it just a sign i being a tad rough on the car. this is the first time ive ever actually driven it as hard as this.

tl;dr, racing and im not sure whether i fucked my clutch or not
>>
>>17010317
Your brakes and clutch use a similar friction material. Unless you were excessively slipping your clutch it was most likely just your brakes getting hot. Cool down laps will help with this and don't cost any money
>>
>>17009587
Wear gloves man, that shot could be gross.
>>
>>17009583
It can fuck up other parts of your engine. I'd say r pair or deal with it leaking oil before putting goop in your engine. That being said just repair it.
>>
>>17007900
It's an 06 Sentra SE-R Spec V. I can definitely see the smoke yeah, normally it's when I shift but it is becoming sporadic. Coolant hasn't been an issue. Oil blackens almost immediately. Currently just checking it every time I start it and then adding as needed.

Some days it will eat through a ton and others it won't affect the level in the pan.
>>
>>17009530
kek alright then, thanks lad
>>
WHY ARE JEEPS SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE

I JUST WANT A FUCKING FUN CAR THAT HAS A SOFT TOP
>>
>>17010921
you made your own thread, stpp crying like a bitch
>>
File: IMAG0185.jpg (3MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0185.jpg
3MB, 3000x4000px
Replaced tie rods this weekend, how bad did I do on keeping the alignment in check? It didn't seem too far off and didn't pull to the sides when I drove it
>>
Is five-point harness+ roll cage (and maybe a neck brace, helmet) a viable alternative to normal seatbelts+ airbags in a DD? Or can motorsports get away with it only because the cars are all roughly the same weight (I.e. no big semi crushing you) and less risk of head-on collision?

Also, if I bore out an engine to be over square and do nothing else (shy of ecu tuning, rpm limiter and ratios, this is assuming the plumbing can handle the air and the injectors can keep up), can I expect the torque curve to move to the right and possibly peak horsepower go up too? NA engine.
>>
File: 1411360013060.gif (259KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1411360013060.gif
259KB, 250x250px
>>16995764
Is it possible to replace my original stereo with a new one (I want AUX/Bluetooth) and keep the steering wheel controls working? Megane 2005.
>>
>>17012417
>less risk of head-on collision?
Lol no, race cars smash head-on into walls and other cars all the time and at great speeds.

It's good for Motorsport but not for the road because a harness+Hans+helmet+bucket seat combo severely restricts body movement. You only have to look forward and at mirrors when racing, whereas when daily driving you need to be able to turn around to check for blind spots or oncoming cars at an intersection, which is something you can't do when you are fully strapped in a race car. Think of all the things you do in a car that require you to move away from the seat, those things become next to impossible with a harness.

Also race cars are designed with quick driver extraction in mind, emergency staff on the road are not trained to extract people with full harness and helmet, making your extraction from the car even more complicated. Even something as simple as a detachable steering wheel could severely hamper your extraction if a rescuer doesn't know it's extractable.

More often than not, full racing harness and gear is more dangerous on the road than normal belts and airbags.
>>
>>17012849
Yes, there are a bunch of radios that offer an optional harness to interface with the steering wheel controls.
I can't help you with names, but if you spend a little time on Google you will find them.
Sometimes they are sold as standalone units that can work with several types of head units and steering buttons.
>>
Can you kill yourself in a car by removing the exhaust manifold from the engine?

Just asking for a friend
>>
Had to jack my car up twice in the past 2 days. Now every bump i hit sounds a lot worse than it used to. Even small ones like going onto the driveway from the street sound bad, like metal hitting metal. What did i fuck up?
>>
Is double clutching good??
>>
File: Capture.jpg (64KB, 1266x610px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
64KB, 1266x610px
Is it possible to run mismatched front and rear tires on a 4x4 if I change the axle gearing to compensate?
>>
I have a very, very slight alignment issue. It is not noticable when driving, but after extended wear on my old tyres you could notice it was a bit uneven.

I've just bought new tyres and didn't have the cash to get them to do an alignment too. Will there be any issues if I run them for another 5000 kms until my next service or should I do my best to skimp hard on some other things to try get it done earlier?
>>
>>17012849
Yes, they sell adapters that work with most makes. I think they're like $100 or so tho. Crutchfield is pretty nice at figuring out compatibility and what parts you'll need.
>>
>>17013823
no its bad
>>
>>16995764
Just redid the timing on my '91 however it is on tooth off. Similar problems with mine. Possibly could be suffering the same?
>>
>>17013823
Syncros removed the "need" to double clutch decades ago. Double clutching just makes everything easier on the transmission.
>>
>>17009587
Semen
>>
>>17013658
Look around underneath your suspension for shiny metal. If there IS metal on metal contact, I would look around all of your rubber bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints etc.
>>
File: FR1600.4_RIGHT.jpg (136KB, 1000x265px) Image search: [Google]
FR1600.4_RIGHT.jpg
136KB, 1000x265px
what is the difference between high level and low level inputs on an amp?
>>
How fat is your mum?
>>
>>17013474
Yeah, but not the way you're likely thinking. The fire danger is much higher than CO. Even a D series Honda spits fire out of the head without an exhaust manifold.
>>
>>17013824
Yeah, but why the fuck would you?
>>
>>16996552
there's always silicone sealant or caulk.

try that first, it may be good enough
>>
>>17014021
You should have gotten your new tires at a garage, instead of some back alley mobile van. You know, seeing as literally every tire shop gives a free alignment with tire purchase.
>>
>>17014925
stink bug stance son
>>
>>17015018
I'm fine with your explanation, but please learn to use commas, son. As a literate person, it takes a few seconds to understand you, because I have to figure out where you paused. If you weren't aware, the English language made a way to show this many eons ago, so that no one has to spend time figuring out what your illiterate ass was trying to convey, son.
>>
Can someone explain why I'm able to buy&build a classic Mustang/Camaro using purely aftermarket frame/chassis/panels/parts, but not an air-cooled Porsche 911? Why can't i buy a remanufatured 911 chassis?
>>
>>17015080
Because no one makes the parts?
>>
>>17015093
But why? There's heaps of small companies making old car bits, are they licensed from ford/GM? It's not like there's no demand, the author of this post for example is creaming his pants over the possibility of a remanufactured chassis

http://flatsixes.com/porsche-products/porsche-parts/breaking-dansk-offering-new-complete-lwb-early-911-chassis/
>>
>>17009230
That's a literal non-answer.
>>
>>17015117
Likely the manufacturer won't license the parts, and the aftermarket is too lazy/unwilling to r&d/it's not worth it. If there was a real market, it would exist.
>>
File: 1471402473866.jpg (19KB, 319x320px) Image search: [Google]
1471402473866.jpg
19KB, 319x320px
>>16996574
>Vatozone
>In Australia
>>
>>17015168
Then what is AAP?
>>
File: IMG_0645.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0645.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Does this look like a warped rotor? I can feel a slight raise on it but really not a big jump. Car is vibrating while braking.
>>
Should I trade my 2015 ducati monster for a mint ssp fox body?
>>
alright so I lowered my accord and it was fine for almost a month but now it squeaks from the rear at any speed, what could it be?
>>
>>17000320
Yes. Get new heads that can support flow from an aggressive cam, then get said cam
>>
>>17014378
>>17013658
Just looked and my front end is sitting lower than it was before. I also cant see my shocks behind the tire, i used yo be able to see a small section of them. How can i raise the car back to where it was?
>>
File: memefold.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
memefold.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
are these things worth getting if I get a proper throttle-body and intake?
>>
NewToCarsFag here.
Do some cars just use more Oil than others?
I need to add more oil to my current daily about every 2-3 weeks, and I checked, my car doesn't leak.
The car is 1998 Nissan Almera Hatchback.
>>
what's the best supercharger brand?
>>
File: 123456789.jpg (510KB, 2048x1419px) Image search: [Google]
123456789.jpg
510KB, 2048x1419px
Need an Australians help

Got a budget of around $10k AUD for a car, was first looking at a Commodore but then realised it's kind of pointless having such a big engine and a relatively big car for the type of driving I'll be doing. I've been looking into the Holden Cruze, specifically the CDX badge with a 2.0L Turbo Diesel in it. Mum apparently messaged her mechanic friend and he said the small Holdens are left over from daewoo; small fords are European, nice but very expensive; and small mazdas/toyotas have a good reputation for a reason.

https://www.carsales . com. au/dealer/details/Holden-Cruze-2012/OAG-AD-14459339/?Cr=17

Would something like that really be a shit investment? I just want a car that's decent on fuel, looks nice, isn't too big but still has some power behind it.

>pic related
What I eventually wanted to do if I bought a Holden Cruze; plastic dip the rims black (or buy bigger tyres and rims if they're shit) and then wrap the top black.
>>
File: turbo intake manifold (1).png (721KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
turbo intake manifold (1).png
721KB, 640x400px
>>17015607
it looks like a plenum chamber more dependant on volume than flow
>>
>>17016013
Yes, some consume more than others by default and most cars use more oil with age.
Your car is pretty old so your consumption might be normal (it depends oh much you have to refill tho).

Do you notice any white/blue-ish smoke coming from the exhaust? If you do, it means there is too much oil leaking into the cylinders and a it's a sign of a damaged head gasket
>>
>>16998630
pontiac trans am ? any more specific idea of the year its been built?

>>16998636
would highly recommend ls400

>>16999589
shit deal try to lower the price 12k to 14k max

>>16999890
only if you have the skills time and know where to get spareparts for cheap, i'd say you will need at least 4k in parts to make it proper for the roads.

>>17000021
i'd double the clamps and search the part as quickly as possible, you could get a load of new problem if it leaks for a while and you don't notice it.

>>17000403
i'd go for the 4x4 too if i had trails to go.
but for fun on open roads miata>mustang undoubtly. The rust is a false problem, when you know the spot to look at there is nothing can get wrong.

>>17001056
get some coolant right now and always keep in the trunk, for 20$ a box will make you save 2000$ spare parts + time work if you overheat the shit out of it.

>>17001211
cant get it back once ridden even few miles.

>>17001860
check your panties mate.

>>17005766
cover alternator, and of course fuse box and clean with clear water , low pressure.dont use high pressure in engine bay. and that'll do.

>>17009211
fiero with a bodykit

>>17013824
yeah, but why the fuck would you ?
tires are way easyier to get then axle gearing
>>17015205
warped or not it looks like it needs to be replaced.
>>
Is a 2011 f10 523i bimmer a good first car? I like the fact that it's rwd and the I6 sounds orgasmic but
>it's autotragic
>204hp
>1700kg
I can get one for 22k€ and with 175000km driven.
>>
File: Black_BMW_Z8.jpg (1MB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
Black_BMW_Z8.jpg
1MB, 1200x849px
My convertible gets condensation leaking through the morning after it rains.

Could this lead to mold? What can be done to prevent this?

Keeping in mind If I had a garage I would already be using it.
>>
>>17017374
Yes. My shitbox got condensation after rain and in the winter. Lead to mold on the upholstery. I guess especially fabric upholsteries are more susceptible to it, but regardless you should try to find a way to stop it. I got a cheap external car heater, which I plugged into a wall socket when I wanted to dry the car.
>>
>>17017687
Where I live it will rain for two days then be incredibly hot or humid the next 3 days. Do I still have to worry about mold?
>>
>>17017749
Never lived in a hot climate so I don't really know. Here it's 6 months cold, 3 months freezing and 3 months warmish in a year. The mold wasn't too bad even after having the car sit for 3 months just before winter so I suppose you'll be fine. Still, if you're unsure, heaters are cheap as fuck. That being said, hot air gets way more humid than cold, so mold might form quicker. Maybe you could go for a spin on the rainy days and blast the AC on full to dry the interior.
>>
>>17016050
I like Eaton, but I'm incredibly biased because I've never had any other brand
>>
so usually when someone has a supercharger/turbo setup on their car with an aftermarket EMS, do they have to revert all that to stock every year just to pass emissions?
>>
>>17009144
You are fake news
>>
my dad only talks in terms of imperial measurements.

but when I worked at the shop and did all of my training, we only used metric.

when my dad tells me about stuff in quarter inch, or eighth inch, I get confused, and am not sure what he means sometimes.

should I try to learn his measurements, or stick with the superior,, and much easier to understand metric system?

we're about to start working on a summer project together.
>>
>>17015375
Does it just look like it's sitting lower or did you measure it and it's actually lower? Maybe your struts/springs finally shit the bed (assuming older car). Otherwise, take the front wheels off and start looking around for shiny metal.
>>
>>17018824
Honestly, just learn both. 11/16 is not the same as 17mm, but they both might fit on the same bolt, one worse than the other obviously. Just learn to go something a tiny bit bigger than 5/8 is 11/16 and the next step up is 15/32 and then 1/2. Imperial just requires extra math, that's all.
>>
>>17018205
Usually people like that know where to go to get their car to "pass", usually a friend. Illegal of course, but the paperwork always checks out.
>>
Wheres the cheapest place to get insurance for a Florida male with nothing on his record?
>>
>>17017296
if you have 22k euros to throw at a car, you could buy a slightly older car and put the rest of the money into it to make it a great car, or save the money. But 22k for 175,000km and its not a v8 seems kinda like a waste imo.
>>
>>17019007
Google
>>
Can I have yellow headlights like the french do (did) in the US?

I kind of have a look for a car and it involves yellow headlights or foglights and I would rather the headlights be yellow instead of having separate foglights and having to molest the car further
>>
>>17019598
So I'm in the market for a new shitkicker and I've got it narrowed down to 2 options.

Option 1
>98 Jeep Cherokee sport, 2-door, 4x4, 175k. 4.0\5-speed
>everything works for the most part. The gauges flake out every so often. A stern smack on the dash brings them back (I'm guessing loose ground somewhere).
>only real downside I've noticed is the clutch is REALLY stiff. It takes at least twice the amount of force to actuate in the jeep then it does my hilux. Not sure if this is just a jeep thing or what. There's also a little rust on both wheel wells. Unibody is straight and rust free, though. My uncle (the owner) also says on cold days when you first start it its hard to get it in gear. Once its warmed up for a few minutes its fine. Will have to put new tires on it since it running studded snow tires now.

Option 2
>early to mid 80s Ferd F150, 2wd longbox, 300 i6/4-speed stick
>old farm truck. Seems to run okay and shift smooth, haven't test driven it yet. No rust anywhere, but there's a big ass dent in the box.
>admittedly don't know much about this one other than what I've seen. What I have seen looks good, though.

I'm leaning toward the jeep purely for the 4x4., but the truck would be handy for hauling shit around ( which I do from time to time). I can get both for around the same price.
>>
>In a market for a new car, against my better judgment
>Need to choose between Yaris iA or Civic Hatch LX with Sensing because I'm a clumsy fuck
>Like driving Yaris better, but underpowered
>Hatch is rough, but steering is good and turbo power is phenomenal, and you can haul an entire furnishing of a room from IKEA with it
>$7K difference between the two

What do?
>>
File: IMG_20170412_123844.jpg (411KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170412_123844.jpg
411KB, 1600x1200px
Can anybody tell me what the hell kind of manifold pic related is? It's been welded, and bolts right onto a Coscast C20XE manifold. Currently trying to design a set of ITB's for a customer, and this is what he come up with when I asked him for the original manifold and a spare head. Please tell me this isn't a production unit, because flow analysis on this thing is going to be a PITA since the runners wrap all the way around the plenum.
>>
>>16997524
It depends on the manufacturer. They're all wireless between the key and ignition switch column. Some keys or the fob contained a passive RFID device that re-radiated a signal to guarantee its authenticity. Many non-switchblade fobs used the inserted key as the antenna.
>>
File: Miata_1990_odometer.png (14KB, 944x528px) Image search: [Google]
Miata_1990_odometer.png
14KB, 944x528px
>>17003723
>What is the likelihood of getting caught on this?
Depends on the trail of past service documentation.
>>
>>16998207

Check McMaster Carr. You should be able to find exactly what you are looking for. Once you know what the bolt is called, price shop elsewhere.
>>
Newish to cars
Are there any four seaters i could turn to a drift missile to hoon around in with friends? preferrably tarbo/able to be tarbo'd
>>
I'm replacing the brakes and rotors on my car but forgot to get brake cleaner. Is there something else I could use to clean the new rotor off? Alcohol or something? The auto store is kinda far away and I don't want to have to drive all the way there.
>>
>>17014329
Cam sensor, yes.
>>
>>17015168
Go to Clark Rubber, dickhead.
>>
>>17016193
Buy a manual Corolla hatch and save yourself the fucking headache.

Cruzes are bad enough, Cruze Diesels are fucking farrrked.
>>
>>17023516
Literally anything from gasoline to water and dish soap. Basically anything that you can clean oily/greasy substances out of flat surfaces with
>>
What makes a fun car? How can you build your own fun car? What kind of chassis? Can you strap a wankel engine on a old Ford Escort?
>>
>>17023859
Subjective, depends, depends, yes
>>
>>17023098
kys
>>
File: 1486078455025.jpg (33KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
1486078455025.jpg
33KB, 719x719px
so I did something really stupid

I had a dead battery and I may or may not have put on the cables on the wrong sides of the battery, smoke and boiling hot cables ensued

quickly took them off and put them on the right way, managed to start the car just fine, it's still starting up fine now

is there any possibility that I did break something after all?

I'm fucking paranoid and every fucking sound makes me hella suspicious

it should just blow the fuses r-right?

CALM ME DOWNNNN
>>
What oil do you guys use? Synthetic ? Got a V6 mustang and the dealer is using 0W-20. Was wondering why not to use 5W-30 and would changing oil viscosities affect long term engine life.
>>
>>17024151
lel rekt
inb4 gauges and power functions slowly stop working.
>>
>>17024151
If everything worked after your fuck up, then it will work later on.
Better test everything
>>
File: photo_2017-04-15_13-19-07.jpg (435KB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-04-15_13-19-07.jpg
435KB, 1280x723px
Engine is a 20v 4age

does this tube leading into the muffler look too restrictive? ignore the shitty welds, they aint mine
>>
>>17024773
>Better test everything
Like what?

I have some basic knowledge of how a car works, no idea about the electrics though, I've noticed the radiator spins up a lot faster than it should every now and then

pls just tell me I need to replace the ECU or whatever and not get into wiring
>>
>>17025015
Just turn shit on and make sure it works. If everything works there won't be surprise failures later.
>>
>>17024815
>Non-mandrel bend

Of course its restrictive, but the better question is what do you think you're going to gain from a better exhaust system? 1 maybe 2 hp?
>>
>>17025015
>radiator spins

Your radiator is definitely fucked then.
>>
>>17025217
I don't know, what I'm questioning is whether or not it's worth opening up, like what you're posing to me. I don't know the potential gains, and I guess I wouldn't know unless I dynod it before and after which is awfully expensive to do
>>
File: 1486946387218.gif (1MB, 1275x916px) Image search: [Google]
1486946387218.gif
1MB, 1275x916px
>>17025188
I see. That doesn't explain the radiator though. I'd been having some electrical problems before though, so I'm mainly worried this is going to amplify everything.

I'm probably going to try and pick up a used ECU and replace the current one.

>>17025226
n-no
>>
>>17023098
>preferrably tarbo/able to be tarbo'd

If you're new to cars, you not going to be turboing anything for a quite awhile so that should be the least of your concern.
>>
>>17025231
The only noticeable gain will be noise, and unless you're willing to put an expensive exhaust system on, it'll sound like shit being its a 4 cylinder.

Exhaust and Intake are one of the last things you do to improve performance unless either just needs replacing.

Dynoing can cost 60-$100 a pop, and if you think that's expensive then car modification is the wrong hobby to be in.
>>
>>17024732
You change viscosity with ambient temperature, your user manual probably has a chart to help you choose the right viscosity and you can find plenty on Google.
Viscosity grade doesn't say anything about oil quality (although certain viscosities are only found on high quality oils), the API/ACEA ratings do.

As long as the oil you are using has the same or better rating than recommended, you won't do any damage or cause premature wear.

The only way you can fuckup with viscosities is if you choose a grossly wrong one for the climate you have where you drive, like using a 20W 60 where it gets to -30C most of the year or a 0W30 if you live in the desert.
>>
File: 1490060168278.png (63KB, 278x259px) Image search: [Google]
1490060168278.png
63KB, 278x259px
I want to "upgrade" my car's sound system. By "upgrade", I mean I want a new head unit and possibly replacement stereos for the 30 year old original ones, not something like subwoofers and a bunch of expensive bullshit. I want to do as little modification as possible, so if I just got speakers and such with similar specs as the original, I could do that right?
>>
>>17025719
Do you know how to solder?

Absolutely if you can.
>>
How hard is it for a beginner to put in new wheel bearings? Labour cost is fucking nuts for getting two new wheel bearings and I want to fix it as cheaply as possible. At the very least, I want to take the housing + old bearings to a shop, and get them to press in the new ones.

Can I get to the wheel bearings + wheel mounting using only a socket wrench? Most videos I've seen about getting wheels off involve an impact wench. Is this a requirement?
>>
File: IMG20161101WA0033.jpg (78KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20161101WA0033.jpg
78KB, 650x650px
My car got hit while parked, other driver had a stroke and hit it. Im not at fault, so i just contact her insurance right?
>>
>>17026327
You'll have to get your insurance involved as well.

Also, you might want to get a lawyer on deck in case something happens
>>
File: fagza.jpg (23KB, 306x347px) Image search: [Google]
fagza.jpg
23KB, 306x347px
>>17025283
Yea, looked into it. Said even in extremely hot climates just make sure your oil is still API grade good and maybe change every 3000 miles instead of anything higher and nothing about maybe changing viscosity.
I'll stick to synthetic 5W-20 then.
>tfw dunno if the mooks at the Kia dealership used synthetic blend or synthetic
I'll be doing this myself from now on.
>tfw 5W-20 in Texas
Some light talk that says 5W-30 oils will generally breakdown less in hotter climates than 5W-20 apparently...hm. Overthinking it.
>>
File: mr2 3.jpg (27KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
mr2 3.jpg
27KB, 600x399px
Can anyone tell me what rims these are and how much they are worth? they say ultra on the center caps.
>>
>>17026443
Another pic
>>
File: Snapchat-1281717225.jpg (975KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1281717225.jpg
975KB, 1080x1920px
>>17026443
>>17026451
Forgot pic
>>
Whats it like buying a car online? (autotrader, carsforsale, etc)

I wanna impulse buy a Miata / some fun car, but I can't find any I like in my area for a good price, but there's tons of them online.

Thoughts?
>>
Father died a while back, and I'm just now managing to go through some areas of his garage.

I found a wooden pallet with 6 boxes of books like pic related, wiring and vacuum diagrams for 70s Ford vehicles, and 1980-1990 hardcover Chilton manuals. They're all in average condition considering they were used frequently by him as a mechanic.

I'm wondering if they're worth taking the time to sell (if there are even buyers for these) or if I'm better off giving them to automotive friends and the library.
>>
>>17026443
>>17026451
>>17026461
I'm not gonna help you steal some sick rimz you filthy nigger
>>
File: 20170415_193753-1.jpg (3MB, 1740x2874px) Image search: [Google]
20170415_193753-1.jpg
3MB, 1740x2874px
>>17026878
Im not stealing shit. Its my car im trying to get some new rims and idk what to get rid of these for.
>>
>>17027170
They're mid 90s American racing garbage, worth only their weight in scrap value. Also, I can see you're a nigger from your picture, so please go away, we really don't need you sub human wastes of welfare shitting up the internet. You already ruin neighborhoods, and property values, could you just fuck off?
>>
>>17027170
How tall are you and how well can you fit in an aw11?
How comfy is it on long trips?
>>
I have a 98 Jetta, with the VR6 if it's relevant.
Occasionally, when I start it up, I'll hear a loud, high-pitched whir, like something electrical running or something spinning very fast. It sounds like it's inside the dash.
The times I get this sound, I can put it in drive and with no throttle input, revs will slowly climb up and the car takes off. The highest I've let it go like this is about 1800 RPM at which point i'm doing nearly 20mph.
Usually, shutting it off and waiting a few seconds before starting it again will clear it up.

How fucked is my car?
>>
>>17027436
I'm a 5'7" manlet so i fit just fine my 6'2 friend fits just fine the t-tops give a little better head clearance if your that worried. long trips aren't as bad as i thought only thing is the engine and exhaust is a lot closer to you so if its isn't stock it will get annoying fast. so i usually just blast music.
>>17027423
Im Filipino and Native American not black
>>
Yeah, question time!

I'm getting my first car. My parents never taught me how to drive, so here I am, well into college, trying to make up for it. I can imagine this thing will get dinged quite a bit. What are some good cars balanced between "this is a cozy car" and "I will cry if I crash this thing"? I like cloth seats, good handling, good safety, tend to like the roomy feel of hatchbacks and convertibles, but between space and mileage I'd pick mileage. I don't care too much about power at this point.

Second question, where can I find a nice infodump about a bunch of makes and models and what people think about them? Pinned post was a good start, but I'd like to research on my own too.
>>
I just rewatched RoboCop 2 and noticed how fucking sleek the Ford Taurus looks.
Anyone got any experience with the 87-92 Taurus?
>>
>>17026373
For hot climates where it doesn't really ever get below freezing even a 10W 40 works well, if not better.
As said, just make sure the API rating is correct
>>
>>17025738
>Impact
>Requirement
No.

How hard are wheel bearings? Truthfully, not hard whatsoever. Pressing or pounding the old race out? Wear eye protection. No joke.

Which bearings on what car specifically? Doing front wheel bearings are typically substantially easier than rear wheel bearings. Wheel bearing hub assemblies are a breeze and you'd have to be mentally challenged to mess that up.
>>
what's the lowest profile wastegate/relief valve that can be calibrated to 5psi?
>>
Why are most cars so pigfat heavy now? Is it just the weight of 7 airbags or something else?
>>
>>17028270
Just get the SHO, they can be had for pennies now.
>>
>>17029493
Its the way the frame is designed to deflect energy away from the passenger compartment, it requires more steel.

The amount of accessories, and infotainment systems that come standard doesn't help either.
>>
>>17027716
Consumer reports, nada & Kbb reports are what you're looking for.

Otherwise just get a Civic and STFU
>>
>>17026859
buy the cars they're for and wrench in your fathers honor you piece of shit
>>
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/6087486518.html

Buying an idiot-proof car for my girlfriend. I think this is a pretty sure thing, but have I missed a major defect about 06 Corollas or something? Price may be inflated because it's in San Fagcisco.
>>
>>17029833
I already make good use of his tools, and try to become at least half the mechanic that he was.
However, the garage can barely fit a lawnmower, and I'm not sure if my father was ever able to actually fit a car inside it.

I'd rather clean it up into a proper shop garage so that it could finally be used for wrenching, and give these books a better home in the meantime. There are far more knowledgeable guys out there than me who could make better use of these than I ever could.
>>
>>17031038

Other question is how important reported accidents on a Carfax report are - for resale value and obviously for the condition of the car. It looks like they were minor accidents, but I can't tell everything from the pictures of course.

whether to get Car A or Car B

Car A - $4000 - 2006 Corolla CE - 112,000 miles. One owner, but has two reported accidents on Carfax with some cosmetic Damage

Car B - $3800 - 2003 Corolla LE - 119,000 miles One Grandpa owner, clean Carfax

Car B with no accidents seems like the safer bet. Car A has a clean title. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks
>>
Whats the most aesthetic sports car brand and why is it aston martin? Also whats the most accurate racing game?
>>
>>17031470
If you're buying a car for 4 grand there's not going to be a whole of resell value there if you hold onto it for longer than a couple of years.

5 years down the line and youll be lucky to resell it for a grand.

Insofar as reliability, so long as there was no frame or suspension damage its probably golden.

But you'll never be able to tell that from just looking at pictures, you have to have the car inspected to determine that.
>>
>>17031678

Ok, we're definitely getting it checked out by a mechanic for an inspection anyway since I don't know enough.

That makes sense from a resale perspective. If the mechanic says the frame/suspension (ad overall condition) are alright then I'll buy it. Other stuff I've read online suggests the same.

Thanks for the help
>>
File: oxygen sensor.jpg (69KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
oxygen sensor.jpg
69KB, 1000x667px
I took my car to the mechanic and when I got it back it jerks when your switch gears. He said that it would need a motor mount probably when I asked why this was happening. He also said I need an o2 sensor.
Can the o2 sensor cause this. Its idling too low now to really drive and it didnt jerk before when I switched from park to reverse or drive.
>>
>>17032269
If they fucked something up they pay for it or you sue them
>>
>>17031470
Theres probably not much difference between the 06 and 03. Maintenance is more important than mileage especially with that little between them. Id go with the 03 since accidents mean the person is more likely to not take as good car of the car.
Also why don't you try getting a camry for that much.
>>
>>17032283
I don't know whats going on but I can't prove it wasn't jerking before. Im really hoping its all related to the o2 sensor.
>>
File: koPwfwu.jpg (3MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
koPwfwu.jpg
3MB, 3006x5344px
So forgive my ignorance, I'm still learning. I'm trying to figure out what these little metal pipes are in the center. Somehow I didn't notice it sooner but the little blue caps were off, I'm guessing from when I last had my car checked out.

Since they were so close and they fit perfectly, I put them back on but I'm not sure how important that is. The pipes come out from near the passenger side in the back; one goes into something right under the alternator and one goes into something near the radiator in the front. I tried looking for engine diagrams but didn't find it labeled anywhere.
>>
Can somebody help me out here?

>1998 Buick Century, with a GM 3.1L V6.
>Did head-gasket and intake gasket job after intake gasket blew.
>Reassembled, not running right.
>Won't rev over 3k, starts popping and sounds like it's backfiring/ afterfiring at higher rpm. Live data tells me the car is running lean (low volts on O2 sensor, STFT up to 20% at rev)
>Fuel pressure test, fuel pressure is fine.
>Checked resistance on injectors and Coil pack, both seem fine, spark plugs seem fine.

Could I have damaged the injectors? Is there something I'm potentially missing? Just go ahead and replace the coil pack and injectors and hope for the best?
>>
>>17032317
Update: looks like the AC high pressure hose. I had the refrigerant drained anyways so no AC, probably not important either way.
>>
>>16995764
I dunno how to describe it properly but lately my car has been making a sound in the back as if there's a metal part that's just slightly loose when I'm going around bumps. The roads around my area are really shit, especially since half of my commute goes through an industrial area (I've gotten a flat tire before due to a nail, don't even know how I got that but it's hard to avoid debris it if it's dark out already).

I've only had my car for a couple months.

is it the suspension or something else?
>>
File: braidserie1rc.jpg (114KB, 415x420px) Image search: [Google]
braidserie1rc.jpg
114KB, 415x420px
My car currently sports 4x108 14" steelies and I wanna upgrade.
Finding a remplacement is hard but I found a nice pair of 13" and 15".
Are +1 tires more expensive than regular tires?
Do -1 tires exist?
What should be taken into account?
Do separators fuck up the car's balance?
>>
>>17032650

Best to disconnect the ac compressor wiring if thats the case.
When you turn on defrost(most cars) the ac compressor kicks on and does some work.
If you are not running refrigerant, your compressor will be running dry and unlubricated potentially causing failure of your ac compressor which aint cheap to replace.
>>
File: ttap.jpg (3KB, 158x90px) Image search: [Google]
ttap.jpg
3KB, 158x90px
>>16995764
I have a honda accord 2007. its only got 60k, and I wanna install a led trunk light strip using some water prroof UL listed led light strips that I have spare from some kitchen work. These leds run on 9-16 volts.

My question as it relates to /o is, does anyone know the guage wire that feeds the trunk light?

My plan is to t-tap in the trunk light, and feed electric to the led strip.
>>
How important is it that my front tires match the back tires? Buying tires now and I only need to replace one set.
>>
>>17033551
better traction on front = oversteer

vice versa for understeer
>>
>>17033792
So I should stick with buying the same tires?
>>
I have a 2001 bmw 3 series. The summer wheels are 19''. Are these too large? do they negatively impact driving performance?
>>
There's a US based seller that has all 4 control arms, tie rods, sway bar links and all four ball joints for about $340. Worth the risk? Car is an 03 Grand Marquis.
>>
>>17032765
Could literally be anything. Jack it up, shake the wheels, dig around and see what it is. Does your car shake at high speeds on a flat piece of road?
>>
>>17033833
just put the new tires at the back for understeer instead and rotate the tires later on
>>
Made a thread for this but I'mma ask here too

I need to get a shitbox, and obviously reliability and low cost of ownership is top priority, but I was wondering if ya'll had any recommendations of that variety of car that are a tad more fun than the others. I'm open to most brands, though have a preference for Hondas. Currently looking at Civics and Accords, but wanted to know if the Corolla or Camry or Focus is better to drive, without losing much reliability.

Budget is around 4 or 5 grand, and I'll probably only be looking at cars with a manual. Also I have no plans to modify said car.
>>
>>17034042
Post your local craigslist. At 5k there's really a lot of options, but inexpensive maintanance is kind of a crapshot considering about everything in this bracket is usually on its 2nd to 4th owner.
>>
>>17034040
That's what I was thinking of doing. Does it matter of the speed rating or pattern is different?
>>
>>17034061
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/

Yeah, was hoping I could get something around 130,000ish miles that doesn't look shit
>>
>>17034095
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6065930072.html

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/6079577430.html

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6090523503.html

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/6086787160.html

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6078140721.html

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6073383608.html

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6052677861.html

Here's a few. Check them out.
>>
>>17034212
mah nigga
>>
Looking at a car on CL, asking $7500. It's a rare~ish model pic related, but I'm unsure if this translates into value, like some ricer tax. Average of 4 KBB type sites is ~$6000 for outstanding/excellent condition. I don't want to lowball if there is some unspoken magic value, but the ~$5500 the sites say for very good seems kinda low. Just typical CL markup, or is $2000 off asking price too much?
>>
>>17034242
>I don't want to lowball if there is some unspoken magic value
Two things:
1) If it's an enthusiast car, there's typically a following that at least halfway frames a decent price
2) obscurity =\= value. There aren't that many Yugos left, but I haven't seen one sell for more than 2k.
>>
>>17033319
When I first got the car the AC clutch was loud as fuck so I told my mechanic to basically disable it. I'm guessing it's disconnected because of that but doing so would be outside of my knowledge at the moment.
>>
>>17034261
It's a 2JZ-GE with an automatic, I'd figure most enthusiasts are typically looking for lighter sedans or manual unicorns. But that's what I'm unsure of, is just sharing a platform enough to increase the price? Sedan versions I'm seeing are more in line with the $5000 to $6000 range.
>>
>>17034242
>>17034347

It's entirely possible he's raised the value on the ad so you can "talk him down" to the KBB value. HE KNOWS WHAT HE GOT. Translation, he's an asshole and the entire experience is going to be painful getting him down to a reasonable price so he can satisfy his ego that tells him he knows how to haggle. I'm sensing major Boomer vibes from this.
>>
>>17033871
The only difference you'll probably see is the price you pay for new tires.
>>
File: mc-2.jpg (11KB, 280x181px) Image search: [Google]
mc-2.jpg
11KB, 280x181px
How to wash wax off microfiber clothes? I used it for buffing and wiping of dried wax. I tried soaking it in water over night and hand wash it the next day. But the wax is building up and starting to leave fine scratches on the clear coat. How to wash wax off microfiber clothes?
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.