[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /o/'s opinion on the Honda Rebel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: hondarebel.jpg (42KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
hondarebel.jpg
42KB, 600x450px
It will be my first motorcycle besides my dirtbike.
>>
>>16992701
Ultra slow and heavy.
The CM200 had the same engine and was lighter
The XL185s had the same power and was lighter than the CM200.

But an XL185s if you want a slow bike.
>>
>>16992714
I'm getting it to cruise the mountains, so speed isn't to big of an issue. I'm mainly interested in reliability and comfortable ride.
>>
>>16992701
i like the look of that one.
i do not have a bike
never been on a motorized biker.

sweet cruising op
>>
>>16993582
thanks mate. i'm looking forward to the good times
>>
For the same price you could get a Suzuki Savage 650/Boulevard S40 which will actually have the power to go uphill while being virtually the same size. Also they are real reliable.
>>
If you are getting it to cruise around town that is fine, but if you want a motorcycle that can go on the freeway get one with a top speed of 100+ or you are going to kill it.
>>
>>16992701
Itll get you from point A to B but don't expect to be quick like your dirtbike
>>
>>16992701
Literally worse than a Ninja 250 or a GS500, and GS500's are about the worst Jap bike I can think of.

>as slow as a 125 and with none of the light weight, good handling or mega fuel economy that a 125 gets

As far as cruisers go, get a 650. Everything else is too damn slow.
>>
>>16992701
the patrician MSF bike. All the cool kids got the Tdubs
>>
>>16992701
I just got one. It's fun and kind of pokey. I ride in LA and do fine, but if never take it on the highway.
>>
>>16992701

I have one, it's perfectly boring. Not much power, but good on gas and easy to maneuver.
Good for around town but terrible on the highway, it only has something like 16hp.
It'll top out around 70ish mph, take a long time getting up there, and you won't want to run it up there for very long.
No oil filter, so changing the oil often is a must.
Like >>16995028 said a Savage or Boulevard would probably be a better option, you'll get bored of the Rebel pretty quick.
>>
Gotta start somewhere
>>
File: 1416957641460.jpg (17KB, 352x269px) Image search: [Google]
1416957641460.jpg
17KB, 352x269px
You always get told that you should start on a 250, but cruisers are so slow anyway that starting on a 500 won't kill you.
>>
>>16992701
I had one just like that. It got 70-80 miles to a gallon and could go on the highway. It is retard simple to do maintenance on and I never had any issues. It's a comfy ride and crazy light. It feels like a bicycle in comparison to other bikes, even compared to my Ninja 250r. 250s are fine by the way, the only time they get old is if you do tons of highway driving or ride with friends have have bigger bikes.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.