[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4 channel amp setup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0461.png (344KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0461.png
344KB, 1242x2208px
Trying to setup a 4 channel amp in my 2017 Corolla to run two 6x9's and two subs. Attached are the amp specs. My question is can I use one channel for each sub? Subs are 150 watt 2ohm or do I have to bridge them? RCA coming into the amp is from a LOC off the rear 6x9's as there are no factory pre-outs and it's too involved to change a head unit. Thanks
>>
>>16992503
Keep it stock faggot. Use the money to pay down your loan. You should kill yourself though for buying a new econobox
>>
>>16992503
>Trying to setup a 4 channel amp in my 2017 Corolla to run two 6x9's and two subs.
>a 4 channel amp to run two 6x9's and two subs.
God can't even help you at this point. You couldn't have fucked up harder if you tried.
>>
>>16992503

Of course you can. Use a pair of channels and drive the loudspeakers then use another pair of channels to drive the woofers. It has onboard low-pass, so you are good to go. It won't be extremely loud, but it will most certainly work.

Most four channel amplifiers will have a selection switch to use two or four inputs. Usually puts channels three and four on the inputs of one and two.

The drama you are most likely to have is that Toyboata (and most OEMs) use a crude DSP in the factory CD player that decreases low frequency as the volume is increased to protect the factory loudspeakers. Not in the way that makes sense, a dynamic equaliser that reduces gain at a set frequency based on the input signal but instead the low frequency is reduced as the volume knob is turned up.

That drives you up the wall for about six months before you rip it out and install a head unit that doesn't reduce LF as the volume increases.

>>16993197

Four loudspeakers required, four channels of amplification available. 150w power rating on the woofers, 150w continuous power from each discreet channel. Low pass required for woofers, low pass available. High pass required for loudspeakers, high pass available.

Where is the fuck up here boyo, apart from your post?
>>
>>16992949
Piss off, I actually build these cars and know more about them than most of you
>>16993333
Thanks for the info, and yes it does decrease low frequency but unfortunately my back up camera, gps, satt radio and climate control all run through the stock head unit so it's a big pain in the ass to change
>>
>>16993333
Also, have a dual LOC that I can wire with two inputs giving me two outputs anyway
>>
>>16992503
Why the fuck do people always use 6x9's? They look retarded and you always have to cut out for them. If you just get nice speakers that are the same size as stock, you don't have to fuck up the doorcards or whatever and you can put them behind the stock grills.

Almost any person buying a second hand car will mentally knock off hundreds of dollars from the price they're willing to pay the moment they see your shitty fake metal shiny plastic SONY KICKER speakers fucking up the interior aesthetic of the car.
>>
>>16993333
>Where is the fuck up here boyo, apart from your post?
The part where he even has oval speakers at all, and the part where he doesn't have a monoblock for the low end.
Sure you can technically get that setup to work but it's retarded
>>
>>16993592
6x9 is in fact stock size, fit under the factory grill and don't require adapters or re-drilling
>>
>>16993675
Setup is being used to save the remaining 60,000km on my warranty. Factory harness can't be cut or soldered so I need to use plug and play adapters into regular speaker wire into the LOC to get signal. Obviously the lazy way would be a splicing wire to a mono into subs but I'd rather do it clean
>>
>>16992503
run the subs in series for a 4 ohm load and bridge 2 channels amp to them
and make sure you build a good solid box with the correct internal volume for the subs, the better the box the better they'll sound, a crappy box that leaks or is too small wont sound as good
>>
>>16993533

No worries.

>>16993675

That's it?

So according to you, it's completely unacceptable to have three hundred watts worth of output if there are more than one channel on the circuit board?

Right.....

Apart from very, very subtle changes to the compliance of the woofers and power consumption from the amplifiers, what difference does it make if three hundred electrical watts are delivered by one channel with one ohm nominal or two channels both at two ohm nominal?

Yes, there are downfalls to loudspeakers that are not circular. If it was any sort of critical listening environment, perhaps someone extremely experienced could pick up the non linear distortion oval loudspeakers experience as the excursion increases.

But's its a fucking Corolla champion. There is absolutely no way you would be able to detect any increase in distortion over road noise. Get off your high horse.
>>
>>16995129
Using a crappy box for now, right volume and I sealed it myself but nothing good quality. Once my warranty is up and I can reconfigure into a quality system I plan on doing custom wheel well boxes. No point in doing it now
>>
>>16992503
Too tired to give a shit about explaining anything related to using a 4 channel in ways it isn't meant to really be used, but for your box go down to walmart and pick up a roll of rope caulk for windows, use a small bead around the subs and terminal cups to create an airtight seal.

>rope caulk never dries or hardens or cures, it can create a perfect air tight seal while being easily removed down the line like removing the subs
>>
>>16992503
>too involved to change a head unit
Y'all got your starter hooked into a menu in your radio?
>>
>>16996762
Smart Key, so yeah, probably
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.