[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings. I want to do a USA roadtrip in the near future. Im

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Greetings.

I want to do a USA roadtrip in the near future. Im thinking two weeks.

Any recommendations on car rental companies?

Also, tips on where to go?
>>
leave this place and don't ever come back
>>
Take I-90 from Boston to Seattle
Take I-5 from Seattle to LA
Take I-10 from LA to Jacksonville
Take I-95 from Jacksonville to Boston
>>
The middle is empty and absolutely fucking boring unless you want to drive in a straight line through corn fields for several days. The east is pretty populated and not worth writing home about in terms of weather and scenery. If you want "The American Road Trip Experience" TM, stay on the west coast and in the Rocky Mountains. Also get off the highways and take small roads, you won't see anything on a highway except for tarmac and traffic.

>>16984270
Also disregard this route, it takes approximately 113 hours of straight driving according to Google Maps, which is 12 days of 10 hours driving each. Basically you'd be hurrying along boring Interstates for two weeks to just complete the circle without seeing anything of the backroads and culture. Don't try to circle the entire country in that time frame.
>>
>>16982887
enterprise will let you rent supercars if you request them
>>
File: 1b74320ca1a45e7938090e58f9d2e6a6.jpg (251KB, 1149x891px) Image search: [Google]
1b74320ca1a45e7938090e58f9d2e6a6.jpg
251KB, 1149x891px
Not OP, but related question: Can foreigners actually buy and register cars in the US for a certain amount of time so you can do a road trip in a real classic (and maybe ship it home afterwards), or are you legally limited to renting a V6 Mustang convertible?
>>
>>16984474
yes, anybody can come to the US and buy a car.
what you do with your car, nobody cares.
there are specialty rental companies but they usually do newer supercars.
>>
>>16984474
Of course you can. We don't even mandate insurance in half the states, why would we care where you came from if you bring money?
>>
>>16984497
But can I register it? Will the DMV insist on a US territory address or driver's license? What about insurance?
>>
>>16984501
>why would we care where you came from if you bring money?
If only it were that easy. But we're still talking about the same country that can demand access to your electronics and social media accounts and potentially anal probe you at the border.

Also as far as I know only New Hampshire flat out doesn't mandate car insurance. The rest do but have utterly lackluster enforcement that's basically asking for exploiting.
>>
>>16984318
So does Hertz and Gotham Dream Cars. They're expensive, though.

>>16984301
The east coast has a lot of scenery and fun roads, such as U.S. 322., U.S. 1, U.S. 17 and U.S. 15. Also, The Circle is -the- American Road Trip Experience because you get to see all regions. Yeah, the middle parts are sparse and long, but it's only part of the whole experience. The nation is much more than a few choice places out West.

>>16984474
You can. You might need an international driver permit if your home license isn't in English, but a permit will make it much easier to get auto insurance, which you will need. New Hampshire, Mississippi and Virginia don't require you hold auto insurance, but don't be an idiot and make sure you have it anyway.
>>
>>16984582
But some regions aren't worth seeing. If you're at a car show with 50% stock econoboxes and you would have to jog through it to see all entries, would you do it or would you spend more time on the better cars instead?
>>
>>16984606
I'd want to see everything to get the whole experience. The wide, uninterrupted Midwest and swaths of desert are key parts of the American experience.

Also, OP, I speak from personal experience. I've done two cross-country trips at this point. Given that you're giving yourself two weeks, you should give yourself as complete of an experience as possible.
>>
>>16984701
And I'm saying that if OP wants to circle the entire US without spending every driving minute hasting down Interstates seeing absolutely nothing of the actual country, two weeks aren't going to be enough.
>>
I'll agree that two weeks is probably enough if you want to just drive non-stop on highways, but that seems silly
I would rather do something like fly into DC, stay a day or two
drive to NY, stay a few days
then you have the options before you blast across to the west coast and hit a few parks or something inbetween

renting a car will be mountains easier
muscle cars should be around $500 a week to rent and if you want to spend slightly more for something larger or sportier you can
>>
>>16982887
>Any recommendations on car rental companies?
They don't allow out of state road trips unless you pay extra. If the car has onboard GPS such as GM OnStar, they can tell if you did that or not simply by logging onto their fleet account on the GM website which tracks data for their cars such as max speed, number of hard brakes, hard accel, did you drive between 12AM thru 4AM, etc.
>>
>>16982887
>Any recommendations on car rental companies?
You have to decide on the type of car you want. Keep in mind visibility issues. Then visit each major car rental company website to see what types of cars they have. That will rule out some of them unless you are satisfied with a corolla type car which is sucky on road trips where you want an easygoing ride yet not have too big a car.
>>
File: Cc50ban.jpg (31KB, 495x150px) Image search: [Google]
Cc50ban.jpg
31KB, 495x150px
>>16984270
>>16984301
>>16984701
The answer US 50 from Maryland to Sacramento. Or vice versa. That'll have it all.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.