[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-driving robot cars will make stopping at intersections

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: selfdriving_cars_intersection.webm (63KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
selfdriving_cars_intersection.webm
63KB, 1080x1080px
Self-driving robot cars will make stopping at intersections a thing of the past.
>>
I kinda hope 90% or more of the population uses self-driving cars more often. It'll make driving a thousand times better for me and other decent drivers.
>>
ok but what if one needs to turn
>>16981635
>implying non-self driving cars wont get taxed out the ass to extinction
>>
File: wooo.webm (347KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wooo.webm
347KB, 1080x1080px
Also, a bit off-topic, but has anybody ever pulled one of these before? I've always wanted to do it, but always been too chicken.
>>
>>16981751
why not just run the red at that point

any cop seeing you do that will likely pull you over anyways
>>
>>16981773
I can make the excuse "I wanted to turn right, but I changed my mind"
>>
Self driving cars wont ever work
>>
>>16981751
ahhaha, yeah I've done that once before
>>
File: IMG_9930.jpg (67KB, 594x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9930.jpg
67KB, 594x386px
>>16981610
We believe (((YOU)))
>>
>>16981687
>being poor
>>
>>16981789
Changing your mind won't make it less illegal...
>>
>>16981751
its still illegal to cross the double line you shithead.
>>
>>16982648
So if I enter a corner gas station with the intent to buy gasoline, then realize that I have no money, it's illegal to exit out the other side (effectively giving myself a shortcut that avoided the intersection)?

>>16982661
no it isn't. that way of traffic is green, so you can freely make a right turn without stopping.
>>
>>16981610
Self driving cars will be a fucking shitshow
If all cars are self driving, they all go roughly the speed limit, as programming would dictate for safety reasons.

So then car companies only have the looks of their cars to sell on.

Unless they decide that they want to tweak their programming to make their cars faster than their competitors as an advertising point.

Honda starts off going faster than Ford. Then Ford tries to go faster than Honda. Then Nissan goes faster than both.

So fine, car speeds are also a thing. But then, when it comes to intersections, they all have to talk to each other in order to get through an intersection safely. But then companies will try to do some cute programming to get you through intersections faster, to sell "We get you from A to B safely, and faster than ever."

Car companies know that in order to sell self driving cars, they have to make them incredibly dangerous. If they make them incredibly dangerous, they take liability for said self driving cars. They aren't going to do that.

So they'll keep normal cars on the road for as long as humanly possible.
>>
>>16982672
Yeah, the right turn was legal. The fucking u turn wasn't. If you're going to do something that obtuse, just run the red.
>>
File: No-U-Turn-Sign-X-R3-4.gif (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
No-U-Turn-Sign-X-R3-4.gif
36KB, 400x400px
>>16983601
>u turns are illegal everywhere
>>
>>16983611
You did not discover a secret way of not waiting for the red light for ten more seconds. Stop spewing on about it. It's illegal because your re doing it to run a red light. If you can convince the cop that you legitimately changed your mind then fine. But don't expect the judge to look at your ticket and say "My God! Of course this man is innocent!"
>>
>>16983653
except you're not running a red light

are you really this stupid?

i don't advocate doing this because it makes you look like a retard, and really doesn't save a lot of time.. but it's certainly not illegal
>>
>>16983477
Great insight. The only consideration anyone has when buying a car is how fast it is and what it looks like. Nobody cares about comfort, convenience features, reliability, economy, or ease of use. This is why nobody can sell cars like ugly crossovers and cheap economy hatchbacks, and sports cars account for 95% of all car sales. Glad you wrote that whole post out, your insight combined with casually thinking about an issue for 20 seconds definitely figured out what manufacturers who are dedicating billions of dollars into developing self driving cars couldn't realize.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.