[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dropped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: dropped.jpg (47KB, 884x340px) Image search: [Google]
dropped.jpg
47KB, 884x340px
>dropped
>>
>>16981236
Its kinda fucking crazy how many sites are doing this now. when Forbes started doing it they lost a chunk of web traffic.

Youtubers who make their living off making Youtube content are having money making ads removed from their videos by Youtube itself if they speak about the recent Syria events or sometimes for no reason at all.

Trump or congress supposedly passing laws allowing companies like google to actively sell your browsing data.

I wonder if the internet is going through major change over the next 10 years.
>>
>>16981236
>>16981460
The best part is you can still get around this. 5 clicks from Ublock and I'm back into Forbes or KBB. Can't stop me niggas.
>>
>>16982070

The problem isn't the ads by themselves - It's when a site like Forbes is running ads that can give your computer malware. Because nobody can seem to get this little detail right, my adblocker will always be up.
>>
>tfw adblock on both phone and pc
feels good
>>
>>16981460
>"I mean yeah I am taking up some bandwidth, but it should be free! Not only should I not have to pay for something, but I also think it's wrong that they show me ads"
fucking millenial neckbeards
>"but dude the ads might give me viruses!"
even worse, winbabies
>>
>>16982320
Fuck off jew. You'll never get my ad shekels.
>>
>>16982385
>calling someone a jew
>when you are being too cheap to buy something less than $5
>>>/unemployment office/
>>>/pol/
>>
>>16982320
The internet is a pull service not a push. I am under no obligation to see ads.
>>
>>16982320
Imagine a free newsletter that had a full-page advertising insert in every issue between page A2 and page A3.
Now imagine the publisher saying you are not allowed to read the newsletter if you're a dirty millennial freeloader who discards the advertising insert.
Now imagine that this newsletter expects to not lose readership.
>>
>>16984710
>free newsletter
running a web server is not free

better analogy is that the free newsletter starts putting ads in between pages, then the filthy millenial peasants start crying every time they see ads

you might think the internet is free because mommy pays the bill, but it's not kid
>>
>>16984107
>I am under no obligation to see ads.
you are under no obligation to visit KBB either
>>
>>16984915
>implying printing a newsletter is free
Try to keep up with me here.
The service does not have a monetary cost to the user. (I would not be paying more or less to use the website than to not use it, and public Internet exists.)
The provider of the service tries to make money through advertising. The user does not care for advertising and thus filters it from the rest of the service.
The only party who is """"crying""" here is you, compelled by some moral virtue to defend advertisers on a Singaporean literary critique message board.
>>
>>16982192
this, also with phones, you sometimes literally are paying to have those ads load for you.

but i mean i can watch a two hour youtube vid and only have to deal with, at worst, a 30 second ad? That ain't bad.
>>
>>16982320
>p-please d-don't block my ads
>my w-website is all I have
>it'll d-die if you don't unblock them!
Get a job, faggot
>>
>>16985397
>this
>>
I love sites like these because even if they block adblock the advertising trackers themselves get blocked for me so I dont see shit lel

I dont even know how people use the internet without adblocker
>>
>>16981460
>passing laws allowing companies like google to actively sell your browsing data
fake news
the law they repealed gave faceberg amd google the monopoly on tjat and was sold to yhe public as a "privacy protecting law"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.