[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Truckerfag General - /tfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 86

File: Party Foul.jpg (70KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Party Foul.jpg
70KB, 768x432px
>Euro cabovers are more efficient edition

>Swift: Best In Class
>Don't Sign That Lease Dummy
>CDL How-to: Private driving school or based community college
>Megacompanies are shit without exception
>Except Prime
>44 TONNES
>4
>
>T
>O
>N
>N
>E
>S
>Oilfag drained the mudpuddle he spent the winter melting; now back on earwax buildups
>Cactus is getting better mileage than a Chevy 454
>Freon keeps posting his pasty legs
>GrainGuy's photo game is on point
>Primely doxxed himself; is a bald guy named Janet
>Optimus Primefag leased a camera
>Truckerfag's weekend plans: 20 rolls of tape, a hammer drill, an oxy-acetylene torch, and two goths
>Player "Volvo" has entered the game
>Pepsi continues to enjoy having a latina sister

Previously on "I Showered Last Week": >>16962990
>>
>>16981118

RIP ACTROS

HE WAS A GOOD BOY, DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>tfw can't use "got hit by a beer truck" as a clever term for a hangover for a whole month
>>
>>16981203
It's never too soon.
>>
File: 1491122061175.png (235KB, 695x433px) Image search: [Google]
1491122061175.png
235KB, 695x433px
>tfw there were 4 /tfg/ threads 20 minutes ago
>and now there are 2
Threads are kill.
No.
>>
if im gunna get doxxed it might as well be my good side

DRIVEN BY THE BEAUTIFUL
>>
>>16981468
I just followed the link on the last thread.

Good job cunts.

>>16981487
>a skinhead on 4chan
>>>/pol/
Yet I am not suprised.
>>
File: Together.jpg (17KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
Together.jpg
17KB, 500x382px
>>16981498
Nah m8 just that premature balding life

Feels bad man.
>>
>>16981487
>>16981528
I need to trip
>>
File: f09.jpg (110KB, 537x532px) Image search: [Google]
f09.jpg
110KB, 537x532px
>>16981118
>>16981468
>TFW for the second time in a row I baked a new bread only to discover that Donkey beat me to posting one

Damn these normie irl distractions taking me away from shitposting.

>Drained the mudpuddle he spent the winter melting

Nah, the frozen pit that I spent a week deicing was around 1/20th the size of that monster they are sucking out of for that frac.

>>16981487
Zoz. You look much less cranky trucker in that photo.

>>16981528
I feel your pain.
>>
>>16981487
>>16981531
I don't know why but I always pictured you as a bald manlet with a superiority complex. I was right.
>>
>>16981528
Ehh, that sucks. My best friend up north has been goin bald since like 18. As soon as mine starts to go, I'm shaving that shit off.
>>
>>16981549
t. jealous busrider with a big fat gut
>>
>>16981545
Sorry bruh. I didn't want to leave the youtoob shills an opening.
>>
File: 1489495699249.jpg (60KB, 800x904px) Image search: [Google]
1489495699249.jpg
60KB, 800x904px
>>16981594
Word. You did the right thing.
>>
>>16981594
They still beat both of you.
>>16980734
>>
File: That's Not a Thread.webm (2MB, 1160x480px) Image search: [Google]
That's Not a Thread.webm
2MB, 1160x480px
>>16981647
>>
>>16981647
Yet we still shunned it.
>>
>>16981549
That's pretty accurate desu. But how did you know I was a manlet those proportions are god tier.
>>16981556
I'm actually 29 in that pic so its not actually too bad. I'm not fat or divorced yet so I'm doing pretty good overall.
>>
>>16981705
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRB8Jor8tPs
>>
>>16981528
How convenient.

>1488
>>
Anyone mind answering a few trucking questions? Thinking of going to trucking school, wanna just know how the job functions and shit before I decide to hit the road for the rest of my life.
>>
>>16983493
What would you like to know?
>>
>>16983558
What's the daily schedule like? Start driving at 8 every morning, drive till 8 or 9, sleep till you start driving again at 8? Or do you wake up and start driving at different times every day?

How do you get internet on the road? Mobile hotspot your only option?

How often is hometime? Also used to work at a gas station. Had some truckers say you'd get times where a load would have to be delivered on say Wednesday, but you got there Monday, so you could fuck around till Wednesday (unpaid I assume). Is that often?

How big of a paycheck do you get every week / every other week first starting out? I know they pay cpm but not sure how many miles you'd get in a week or so.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>16983493
>rest of my life
Kek. Fuck that. Go get some computer tech certs or some shit like that.

>tfw it just isn't the same from Dunkin
>>
>>16983585
Plan is to drive and make my own vidya games on the road (already nearly finished with one game, can't draw for shit so need a good job to commission an artist.)

Plus why not have two jobs to get tons of money to retire early?
>>
>>16983591
>two jobs
Ok

Anyway you couldn't really do it. Trucking companies are gonna make you hit that 70hrs every week and if you get caught working another job in between that, you can get in trouble with the gubbermint.

If you already know computers and vidya, seriously try and find a way to make money with that. All of us in here are people who fucked up our other options or don't have any real skills so we got a CDL.
>>
>>16983608
My only problem with that is I have no formal training, I'm fully self taught. No company is going to hire me as like a basic IT guy unless I go to college for a full 4 year degree, and I'm 24 and seriously need to start making money on my own. Can't really find another job doing anything (I've been trying for years, all I could do is hold a retail job for a year or so until I switched jobs due to moving or lost my job due to corporate doing a store wipe).
>>
>>16983584
>What's the daily schedule like?

Really, it depends. For the most part, you'll be following the flow of the freight. Wake up after a 10 hour break, drive till you get to your destination, get your freight sorted then drive until your clock runs out. Rince and repeat.

>Start driving at 8 every morning, drive till 8 or 9

This is one technique some drivers use, but imo it only really makes sense to use when you spend more than 3 weeks out at a time and have fairly consistent freight (lots of drop and hooks). It's never worked for me as a flatbedder.

>Or do you wake up and start driving at different times every day?

Usually, no. If you use up your 14 hour clock and take a 10 hour break, you will be able to get up at the same time every day. This changes every now and then when you get strung out with nothing to load/stuck at a shipper...etc. again, it depends.

>How do you get internet on the road?

I have ATT unlimited on my phone only.

>Mobile hotspot your only option?

I've never used one. Can't justify the cost.

>How often is hometime?

It depends on your company. Industry standard home time is 14 days on the road and 3 days at home. Some are worse and some are better. Now, I work 5 days a week and get home on weekends. It gets better with experience.

>Getting stuck out...Is that often?

This only ever happened to me on weekends and seldom. I hated it, but some people like it. Different strokes.

>How big of a paycheck do you get every week / every other week first starting out?

Your first year you can expect anywhere between $35k to $50k depending on your company, how good freight is that year, and most importantly, how well you adjust. When looking at companies and comparing pay ALWAYS ask what the trucks are governed at. From there you can get a ballpark figure of what you can expect to earn. Figure (cpm) * governed speed * 8 hours of driving * 6 days
That will give you a fairly conservative figure, but should end up being about average
>>
>>16983619
>24 and need to start making money on my own
I know that feel.

Can you at least afford the CDL school on your own?

Also you can always go local. You are gonna have to bust your ass for a couple years but at least you don't have to live in a cuckshed.
>>
>>16983584
>daily schedule
Depends entirely on what the load needs you to do in order to make on-time delivery. You may have to do one load at night and then the very next load start in the morning. Being on-time is THE number one job of a driver and remember, on-time is late and early is on-time. Less than one hour early and you fucked it up.

>internets
Mobile hot spot with somebody like Verizon is the only reliable way. Not that you'll be using teh internets that much because you'll be exhausted and you've gotta start up again in less than 10 hours.

>hometime
Lol. If the wheels ain't turning you ain't making money so that means hometime is for free. Worse, it takes time to route you home so those loads suck and then when you come back out it takes at least a week to get you back in the right lanes at the right time so a week of hometime literally shoots a whole month of income to shit.

And yeah any time you're sitting in the truck you're doing it for free unless you have a cool driver manager that hands out layover pay for loads that have excessive wait times. Most treat your pay like it's coming out of their pocket so it's rare to get layover, detention, breakdown etc without a hell of a fight.

>pay
First year running reefer (which means lots of sitting) was roughly $500/wk take home. Started off kinda rocky at 300 or so and then went up after a couple of months as I learned how things were done. End of the second year I was up to around a $1000/wk take home. Still not really worth it if you have any kind of social life imo.
>>
>>16984948
> Being on-time is THE number one job of a driver and remember, on-time is late and early is on-time. Less than one hour early and you fucked it up.
Depends on the carrier. About 75% of my dispatches are "just in time" which means being early is just as bad as being late.
>>
>>16985026
Oh so you managed to find a carrier that hands out service failures either way. Sucks to be you.
>>
>>16985026
Why the fuck would you put up with such garbage policies?
>>
>>16985039
>>16985096
Because I can trip plan accurately because I'm not an idiot and it's an easy ~3200mi/wk. Service failures are for retards who can't schedule shit.
>>
>>16985117
Getting paid cents per mile is for actual retards.
>>
Rigmaster Warranty Advisor, Here to say that Prime is absolute trash. Somebody feel my pain.
>>
>>16985360
O/O with actual business sense here to say Rigmaster a shit.
>>
Haul hazmat tanker with liquid hydrogen 120,000 a year off weekends.Health ins. And 401k.
>>
File: 1200px-Swap_Body_Carl_Harz.jpg (171KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Swap_Body_Carl_Harz.jpg
171KB, 1200x799px
Do you use swap bodies and container platforms a lot in the US? Or does everything happen on dedicated trailers?
>>
File: IMG_1765.jpg (910KB, 2250x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1765.jpg
910KB, 2250x3000px
>>16985472
>o
Not disagreeing with, The new Kohler setup is absolutely awful.

That being said, Prime drivers also find a way to send rods through blocks on even the Cat/Perkins units.
>>
>>16985540
They're pretty much only used for furniture. Otherwise, containers are used for everything else since there's a glut of them as a net importer. Literally thousands of them sitting empty at every port waiting for something other than being shredded and sent to China to be melted down.

>>16985564
>implying they can afford an oil change
At least they're dumb enough to fall for your sales pitch, which is probably why they're lease cucking at prime.
>>
>>16985540
Damn idk if I would want to be racing a forklift in and out of that thing.

>week or two ago, end of the day, pull the ol' bay truck around the back of the yard so warehouse dudes can strip the empty pallets and remaining product off
>make a left turn and park behind truck getting stripped before me
>like 15sec after I parked, they move truck in front of me and pull up
>thought I saw forklift go by the bays on the passenger side but can't see since tractor still turned to the left
>other warehouse guy tells me to pull up
>air horn not working, so give a couple beeps on electric horn
>release air brakes and wait a couple seconds before I pull off just in case dude is back there with forklift
>of course he was back there and freaks out like I was going to drive off with his forks in the side of the truck

Anyway I've never seen shit like that, just the containers that go on boats and trains and trucks. And then sometimes you see the containers dropped by businesses and stuff for extra storage and I always wondered how they get them on and off the trailer without a big ass crane.
>>
>>16985591
Thinkin about that now, those container ships must take a big loss everytime they go back to China from the West.
>>
>>16981118
>>Truckerfag's weekend plans: 20 rolls of tape, a hammer drill, an oxy-acetylene torch, and two goths
please post pics
>>
>>16985609
If memory serves me right swap bodies are rated for 16 tonnes or ~35k lbs here in Europe, which means you'll max out the weight capacity of a truck (two bodies) before you come anywhere near maxing out a body.

They're by far the most popular with postal services where the weight isn't an issue anyway and where they can be preloaded without a truck present and then mounted on a truck within minutes.
>>
>>16985670
Also they use the same mounts as containers (you can see them where the folded up legs begin) so trailers can be used for both, except they can't be stacked like containers. The ceiling corner points are only for lifting by crane.
>>
File: 1490316296312.jpg (121KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
1490316296312.jpg
121KB, 1000x666px
>going 55mph
>Traffic is flowing smoothly, almost none
>some older asian lady in her Mercedes goes past 4 lanes to try to get to the exit ramp
>ends up hitting my bumper with her tail end and t-bone her
>she gets mad at me for not stopping

I should've kept going
>>
>>16985989
What did the cops say? You shoulda ran her ass into the wall.
>>
>>16985670

I've seen them used by quite a few companies here in Britain. Next and Argos seen to love them. Bugger trying to reverse under a box with a wagon and drag.
>>
File: bath.png (771KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
bath.png
771KB, 1000x500px
>>16986296
>>16985670
Pic related.
>>
https://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SMS/Event/Inspection/57544512.aspx

How does EF even make money when he gets fined like this every few months?
>>
>>16986434
#REKT
>>
Is it risky only to log 15-20 minutes on duty time for loading/unloading? That's what it seems like a lot of guys do.
>>
File: MUfvxXs.jpg (72KB, 712x410px) Image search: [Google]
MUfvxXs.jpg
72KB, 712x410px
>>16983584
Fucking kek. EF is my hero for real
>>
>>16985649
That was a story from back when I was still running YBJ. Anons ran off with it knowing full well I was still sitting in a hotel room in ohio waiting for an engine swap.

>>16985619
Usually with mostly empty containers.

>>16987253
I got away with it when I still ran a van. Usually don't log less than 45 minutes now.
>>
>>16987253
>>16987493
I only did 15 minutes even when I did Dollar Tree. Obviously it would be impossible to unload a thousand boxes in 15 minutes. Although I never got inspected during that time so I don't know if it would've been bad or not.
>>
File: 20170409_180345-1.jpg (818KB, 2981x1677px) Image search: [Google]
20170409_180345-1.jpg
818KB, 2981x1677px
>>16987493
I was doing about 30min or so. It's funny though because I always suddenly go off duty for another hour or so. It looks so bad. So bad I was thinking of just logging 15, bc if DOT ever looks at it I'm not going to have an explanation either way. Might as well get my money's worth so to speak.

Pic related is my newly functioning cb. I guess the fuse was bad.
>>
>>16987542
I had a guy tell me he got fined $2000 for logging only 15...
>>
>>16985360
Fuck off rigmaster, your apus are shit.
>>
>>16987561
>>16987556
>>16987542
Running a van I'd log 15 at the beginning and end and could reasonably say I was asleep or walked off the property for food/shopping/sleep/whatever.

Even now, say I have a 3 hour load time, I'll log 15 minutes at the start, and an hour at the end with line 1 in the middle. If you're fucking off attending to personal business you can argue it's not "on duty", because you aren't attending to employment related issues.
>>
>>16987556
>analog 27Mhz
EWWWW

Why haven't you guys stepped into the 21st century? Digital 477Mhz is miles ahead.
>>
>Be at Flying J earlier
>See sign by fuel island
>You can reserve a shower now
>Reserve
>A
>Shower
Goddammit this is almost comical.

>>16986434
Kek do you just hawk that site constantly, looking for EF to pop up?

Also damn EF, wear a seat belt at least. Seen that twice now.
>>
>>16987858
I like to keep tabs on my favourite supertruckers.
>>
>>16981118
I fell for the college degree meme. Graduate college with finance degree and can't find a job because I need 2 years of experience. Find a job and slowly work my way up. Don't have 2 years under my belt. Currently fly making 40k/year and maybe 60k in a year.

Back track, I was in the USMC and had a Humvee license and 7 ton license. They have a program to get a CDL but I never did it and it is probably too late now. I have no problem pulling trailers in the Marine corps or now with my project vehicles. However I don't really want to be sitting on my ass stuck to a truck 8 hours a day. I had to do drive 12+ hours a day in the Marine corps and have no problem doing long trips.

Would you guys recommend a change in career path to trucking? my uncle has his own company in the east coast and I could get a job from him easily. He also said he would train me.
>>
>>16986434
How do you know that's him?
>>
>>16987810
Can you enlighten me? I have no idea what I'm doing with this cb radio stuff. I just want to hear truckers fight each other. In an 8 mile radius.

>>16987783
That actually would look waaay better. And would probably work if the DOT guy didn't care too much.
>>
>>16988070
not him but I'm guessing VIN if the dude owns his own truck or plate number?
>>
>>16987986
If you've got anything left in your GI bill that'll buy you training. Any driving experience more than 6 years old doesn't really count in this industry.

You might want to go back overseas to drive for a security contractor. You'll make 2-6X what you can make here.

>>16988070
License plates, I'd assume. They're listed in the link, and I'm guessing anon pulled them from his pics.

>>16988211
They don't use UHF in the states, so his point is moot. Head to a CB shop and get a handmade coaxial cable and base loaded antenna, on top of having them peak and tune your radio. Even on a cobra 29 that'll buy you a 4 mile range. A 100w radio should get you the range you want and they can be had used for $100 at most CB shops. That's the "barefoot" wattage, and they can back it up on their in house meters for you.

>>16988211
I had 2 inspections on elogs pulling that 15 minute shit. They usually just ask you to pull up the recap. Running paper logs they'll usually not give enough of a shit to check more than your mileage against drive time, and check a few weigh station logs against your own. EF runs outlaw as fuck, so he probably didn't even have anything written on his log for the day, or it looked fishy enough the officer took 45 minutes to go back far enough to grab those form/manner violations and called it a day.
>>
File: kenworth-c500-05.jpg (293KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
kenworth-c500-05.jpg
293KB, 1280x960px
>>16986434
Let me guess.

Initally popped for no seatbelt, IFTA stickers expired, and a couple of missing entries on log pages?
>>
>>16987858
I don't get it. I use the shower reservation app thing.
>fuel
>pull up
>reserve shower
>park
>proceed directly to the shower
What's comical about not having to worry about whether or not there's a line? Also sometimes the kiosk is out of paper and you have to go to the counter for a shower which can really fuck you up if they're busy.
>>
File: IMG_1860.jpg (126KB, 960x945px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1860.jpg
126KB, 960x945px
>>16988305
Someone was telling me the Freightliners are fiberglass and need a nongrounded antennae? Is there truth to that?

I know I need to do something because this stock antennae is lousy. Its apparently built into the top of the truck's fiberglass somewhere and doubles, poorly, as the AM/FM receiver.

I fell for the "4 watts is the law" meme and didn't think of getting a more powerful one. I'll probably just stick with this 29 and try to make the best of it. Im not passionate enough about it I don't think to go to much length optimizing. Although I did hear getting tuned up at a cb shop was smart.

What does the "recap" refer to? The 8 day view?
>>
>>16988414
Tell the shop hand what kind of truck you have, and they should know what length and type of antenna you need. You can usually go with a mirror mount, since it's easier than fishing a cable through the sleeper. Bring a picture of your truck to avoid any ambiguity.

The "nongrounded" faggotry probably just means you can omit a nylon washer from the base between the coax and antenna, but it was probably designed such that you'll still need the washer so you don't bottom out the threads.

An 8w radio (re: the law) can usually be tuned to about 30w (re: maxing out the finals). If you've got penis envy ask about a linear amplifier. They'll multiply the system wattage by the amplifier rating
30w radio x 5000w antenna = 150,000w
30w rafio x 5000w antenna x 500w amp = 75,000,000w
Most shops don't sell them, though, because that boost in power is over the line where the FCC still calls fuckery, and they're best tended to by someone that knows enough about radios that they don't need one.
>>
>>16988538
Alright thanks for that. You think they'll try and upsell me at the cb shop? Should I get a second opinion at another cb shop to see if they are trying to mess with me?

I can't imagine youd want 5000w since with that much power you have no clue who you're talking to or hearing? How do I just max out the "finals" on the 29?
>>
>>16988587
Don't even waste your money on a radio. No one uses them anymore. You'll spend a good 99% of your time listening to nothing, and when you do hear something, ours gong to be either
A dinosaur using a tin can on a string as a mic
Some long hauler who lost his mind years ago from lack of human interaction making animal noses or singing or yelling at four wheelers
Or a convoy of daycabbers who use ch19 as a conference call
I spent $30 on a radio and plugged it into the oem antennae on the Peterbilt and I feel like even that was a waste of money. The only good it ever does is for the occasional scale that uses a cb radio instead of the sign with the speakers in it.
>>
>>16987556
>Not changing the display color from the stock green to the other better colors.
Only good feature of that radio is setting the weather alert to automatically tune to wx band when an alert has been issued
>>
>>16988587
A 5000w is pretty mid-range, and will set you back $50-75. With a peaked and tuned babby radio (re:8w truckstop special) that'll only buy you about 4 miles range, and you can watch your needle swing to see if they're coming or going, since oncoming traffic will have a realistic 4 minute range (8 mile diameter at 120mph). At that power rating if they're within 3 truck lengths of you they'll be too distorted to understand.

Take the radio into the shop and ask for a "bench test". They'll hook it up and tell you it's only 6-10w. At that point, act indignant and ask them to peak and tune it, since you lost track of which of your radios are which when you grabbed one at home. Sure, they're only turning a couple screws, but they'll also look for cold solder joints and burnt out components if your radio swings less than 30w after. Well worth paying the $20- $40 just to have a trained eye on the guts of your radio.

Everything I've told you is top of the line shit for a radio, and if you're installing it all yourself it won't set you back more than $150. Installation is where shops rape drivers (re:the shop across from Iowa 80 having a $250 minimum install charge).

But, if you're buying a $25 coax, $40 astatic microphone, and getting a $20-40 peak and tune, 80% of the shops out there will be tickled pink you just came in for easy money since you'll be in and out in under half an hour.

If you can, get a layover in Joplin, MO, and catch Cocheese on the radio. He's an old Vietnam era radio operater working well below his paygrade under the truck in the sky across from the Petro. He doesn't charge for SWR checks, but if he has to open up your radio he'll take it home and fix it up better than new (he works out of a pickup for 80% of his business for driver convenience).

Other decent options are the TA in Gary, IN. His shop looks shady as fuck (a closet across from the taco bell just inside the store), but he won't screw you and offers 1 year warranties.
>>
>>16988881
Dude fuck WX band. Shit would cut in during the middle of my 10 hour break with the IGN off and warn me about hail 50 miles away in a company truck. NOAA bands are handy, but some radios take it too far.
>>
>>16988305
>so his point is moot
He stated that you guys are living in the past and the 1st world has moved onto newer better wireless transmission devices.

Seems like a valid point to me.
>>
>>16988538
>30w radio x 5000w antenna = 150,000w
>30w rafio x 5000w antenna x 500w amp = 75,000,000w

No.

a 5000w antenna means it can handle max 5000w of input power, usually they have two ratings, one for sustained power and another for max burst. so 2000/5000w

If you have 1000w linear amp, it will output 1000w. they also don't like getting fed more than 10w.

I would love to see the RF burn from a 75000000w 27mhz setup, dead plants for a few 100ft for sure
>>
>>16988824
don't forget all the echo mics, roger beeps and feedback loops
>>
>>16989358
Ya. Antennas are passive devices, not active.
The most they can do is capture/radiate more signal (gain) and shape the radiation pattern (more gain).

This is why the two mirror mount antennas is a popular setup.
They form a phased array with more gain to the fore and aft of the truck.

Another thing to consider is, it's not really practical to make an antenna longer than 1/4λ at 27mhz. 1/4λ is actually about 108" on the 11M CB band, and those 4' long stick antennas perform worse than a 108" whip because of reasons. So about the only way to get some of that performance back is to use the phased array.

Also pls no hotfoot. The FCC gon' get ya.
>>
I've got a 27meg in my strayaworth, I occasionally get skip to various places around the world. Thats about all it is good for as no one really uses 27meg here.
>>
>>16985609
>always wondered how they get them on and off the trailer without a big ass crane.

They deliver them on trucks with a crane on them. Pretty common here in the UK to have a rigid-body truck drop containers off singly, or in pairs with a trailer.

>>16985619
Maybe from America. Britain is actively exporting stuff to China, because they fucking love our culture. So, we get washing machines and fake designer goods, and they load up with real designer goods, butter, scotch whisky, and Downton abbey DVD box sets for the way home.
>>
What is the 911 of trucks?
>>
>>16990294
I'd prolly have to go with the 389.

It's styling has stayed pretty much the same for the past 40 years, like the 911.

They're both marketed as being the "high performance luxury" option

They both have a healthy "enthusiast" following

Neither are really exotic or rare, at least comparatively speaking.

Both make you smile when you see/drive one
>>
>>16990343
Preach.
>>
>>16990294
>What is the 911 of trucks?
Iveco. Every time I see one, I just know it's some insufferable cunt behind the wheel, but is only driving it because they can't afford a Mercedes.
>>
File: 5650922273_a9d85be08b_b.jpg (290KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
5650922273_a9d85be08b_b.jpg
290KB, 1024x576px
>>16986313
They seem like a perfect fit for pups in the US. Lots of loading and unloading in urban distribution that holds up the driver if it's a hardmounted trailer box. Easy reversing of the semi trailers under the swap bodies one by one and then linking them up with a dolly. That's why I'm suprised to hear they're really uncommon over the pond.
>>
Why don't mega-carrier dispatchers understand how calendars work?
>"18 days out, 3 days off"
>"make this delivery, then you can go home"
>okay, so if I get home Monday afternoon, and get 3 days off, I'll return Friday morning, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off.
>"no be back Thursday"
>but that's only 2 days off
They specifically say "3 days off", not 72 hours off. If you work, it's not a day off, fucking stupid assholes. I just know I only have to deal with it for another few months before I can start applying for good companies, but I can't believe these shitty big companies wonder why their turnover rate is 95%.
>>
File: 11462-038-Toppbild.jpg (3MB, 3620x2414px) Image search: [Google]
11462-038-Toppbild.jpg
3MB, 3620x2414px
any eurotruckers in here?
Is it still worth it?
what does your month look like?

Thinking about going for my license, im in the netherlands (would love to go international).
>>
>>16990669
It isn't a "day off", it's hometime. The day you leave the truck is the first day of hometime. That's how dispatch has worked the last 60 years.
>>
Swift and Knight to merge.

http://in.reuters.com/article/us-swift-tran-m-a-knight-trans-idINKBN17C0CU
>>
How's this for a gameplan

>have normie job
>stacking up savings (which is only a couple g's)
>want to get fired from job and get unemployment
>start trucking school
>live out of hotels with nothing but my Xbox and tiny monitor
>become trucker
>haul for a few years while living in hotels
>stack up the money
>buy my own truck
>buy house
>truck at my leisure doing nothing but drop and hooks
>pref long haul from midwest, to anywhere west coast, and back
>>
>>16990705
>Cabover
>Automatic
>Europe

Where do you think you are man?
>>
File: 20170122_160308.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170122_160308.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>16990705
im not really, but i drive all day and i speak to some of the drivers

the short is, tops you're looking at is £150/day with a class 1 (working full shift ~50hours/week) and i know this doesnt apply to everyone, but every driver i've spoken to seems to hate the company they work for, at least the environment/company warehouse /office staff etc.

i personally passed my Class 2 (full class C) over 2 years ago now, but being young wasnt able to get any work, so started my own courier company (vans)

i sort of work for a single company (i do 99% of my work for 1 company) I have a contract with them, however im not obliged to accept any work if i dont want to.

and i can easily earn ~£150+/day personally i much prefer it, your own hours/getting up when you want/being your own boss etc. but it is a lot more stress you have to keep real good track of everything and be well organized as well as record keeping and such.

it's something to consider imo if you're in europe

Personally i do still want to move onto truck, eventually, but this is decent money and enjoyable work for someone my age (early 20s)
>>
>>16990953
So, you're a white van man?
>>
>>16990886
>midwest to west coast
Great way to go broke fast. Stick to midwest regional.

Red Roof Inn is the most tractor friendly chain.
>>
File: IMG_20151227_134118.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151227_134118.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>>16990967
yep
>>
>>16990983
At least you admit it. My friend's dad works out of his van, but he had to get a red one because he refused to be a white van man.
>>
>no mention of allie in the op
>>
File: 20160305_141238.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160305_141238.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>16991051
desu there's so many lease vans and commonly used (not stickered up) sprinters around used in just about any trade, they're completelyignored by most people.

any yeah, most contracts will specify that the vehicle much be plain white
>>
File: 1491843608215777188701.jpg (3MB, 5312x2992px) Image search: [Google]
1491843608215777188701.jpg
3MB, 5312x2992px
>Swift and Knight merging

Sorry you guys can't be apart of the biggest trucking company ever like me :^)
>>
>>16990720
Not how prime works. Hometime starts the day after you get off the truck. A full day off.
>>
>>16981487
10/10 would put a baby in
>>
File: Start_with_the_greeks.jpg (1MB, 3672x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Start_with_the_greeks.jpg
1MB, 3672x3024px
>>16988824
I like hearing the truckers make animal noises.

>>16988881
Stock color is blue. I changed it to green.

>>16989298
I'm really close to that super Petro on 44 so maybe ill visit that Vietnamese guy.

Also I screen capped all this. I'll update as I make progress.

You think I should go ahead and return that 29 and get something more powerful??

>>16990294
389 with tons with tons of a e s t h e t i c mods

>>16990669
if you make your dispatch money he should help you out on the home front.

>>16990979
That's basically what I do. Midwest regional with flatbed is maximum comfy. In CO right now.

>>16991079
I dont, never have, and never will understand this.

>>16991152
DISPATCHED BY THE BEST™
>>
>>16991624
ty dear
>>
>At consignee
>Need to take a leak fierce
>New looking outhouse
>Has a sink basin (labeled "HAND WASHING ONLY" so it definitely ain't a urinal)
>Try washing hands
>Apparently uses a rainwater collector, water is rancid, most foul smell I've experienced in years
>Legit retching at the smell
>Smell is now on my hands
>Go back to truck and wash hands with shampoo and a bottle of water because fuck that smell
I'mma get a bottle of hand sanitizer now. Fuck.
>>
>>16990953
thank you for the input anon, seems like you got your things together in a way you can work independant.
I really like your plan and wish you the best of the luck in maintaining a sustainable income that way.
That sprinter looks comfy as hell also, do you lease it?
How do you manage road rage?
>>
>>16991654
How do you go about smoking marijuana recreationally while in Colorado as a trucker?
>>
>>16991979
The federal DOT and company policy both forbid such recreation.
>>
File: IMG_0645.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0645.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>16991654
What is there to understand? Just admit you would and I'll be done here
>>
>>16992019
aljsdl;fjaldfkjasf that triggers meeeeeeeeeeee

if I don't drive high, how is it unsafeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>16991654
A cobra 29 is probably all you need, since a big boy radio is just going to have features you'll never use like sidebands and 10k switches. I ran a 29 for years and it never gave me trouble with around 6 miles of range depending on conditions, and clear skipshoot all day.
>>
File: 20170410_125648.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170410_125648.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
Who /slackingoff/ here
>>
>>16992153
This morning I kinda did
>get in at 6am
>dude's reefer unit broke down, so I gotta take 2cs to the hospital kitchen, 2cs to the hospital bistro, and like 20cs to Whole Foods
>two lazy fucks in the warehouse, they don't want to go in the cooler and build a pallet of 25cs
>wait for Juan to come in at 7am
>7:15am...
>finally Juan comes in and wants his coffee
>7:45am he starts building it
>8:00am, pouring rain, I ain't doing anything
>8:30am, ok maybe I will go do that

But then I had to go down to Fort Lauderdale Beach and pick up a bay trailer full of shit from Tortuga Festival, bring that back to plant, then grab a 40' trailer with liftgate and pallet jack, go back there, grab like 10 more pallets that are falling apart.

Anyway it was a long day but like 950cs in unused stuff from Tortuga and most of it just got forklifted onto the truck so I made some $$$.
>>
File: 20170410_152234.jpg (3MB, 4656x2620px) Image search: [Google]
20170410_152234.jpg
3MB, 4656x2620px
m8 there is nothing but stake pockets to use...
>>
File: 1462834487997.png (75KB, 983x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1462834487997.png
75KB, 983x1013px
>>16981118

>mfw finally mentioned in the /tfg/ greentext
>leased a camera
>>
>>16991147
i hope thats a joke. i really REALLY hope that isnt happening. swift tier incompetence on a knight sliding scale will be a horrid thing
>>
>>16981487

>skinhead
>skateboarder

You literally can't make this shit up.

>>16985360

fuck off your apu a shit

mine runs good tho

>>16988824

kys
>>
>>16992635
We've gone over this. Go around the whole pocket and hook it back to the chain. You need to check the welds on the backside of the stake pockets to make sure they aren't cracked.
>>
>>16992635
Why can't you secure it inwards?
>>
Got towed today so I sat in a 2004 International 4300. That thing was pretty nice. Looked mad easy to drive. Don't even need a CDL for that shit. Wouldn't mind dailying one
>>
How many of you weebs took time to see Your Name this weekend?

I cant be the only guy here who did.
>>
File: 20170410_163048.jpg (3MB, 4656x2620px) Image search: [Google]
20170410_163048.jpg
3MB, 4656x2620px
>>16992865
I remember senpai I just thought it strange there's 3 pockets in a row at a critical spit on the skateboard
>>
>>16993021
Lel. You need to ride in a Kenworth. It's like a Chevy Cavalier compared to an S550.

But generally if it's an automatic straight truck, it would be easy enough to drive as long as you realize how big it is. If it had air brakes, that's really the only thing any different. But Penske will go rent you a 26' 4300 right now. It will have regular hydraulic brakes tho.
>>
>>16993024
>going places and doing things
You sicken me.
>>
>>16993024
I got the week off m8.
>>
>>16993170
I was surprised how dated the interior looked given that it was only a 2004 but it drove nice and had no problem maintaining 75 on the highway. Also, whats up with no air bags?
>>
>>16993239
We don't deal with small trucks much here. Maybe someone else can weigh in with more experience, but for all I know, International's straight trucks might actually be okay. All I know is that their semi trucks are shit-tier. Regarding airbags, it's either penny-pinching or the fact that a heavy truck will fair better than consumer vehicles in a collision. Or both.
>>
>>16991882
You don't have hand sanitizer in the truck already? And you've been driving how long? That's one of the more important things to take with you.
>many drivers don't wash hands after pissing/shitting
>need to touch door handle to leave restroom
>touchscreens and POS terminals when buying shit
>handles on refrigerator doors for water/juice/etc.

And you know some of those fucks had a lizard recently.
>>
>>16993423
Babby wipes and Lysol disinfectant wipes are essendials for drucking :DDD
>>
File: IMG_0328.jpg (3MB, 4656x2620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0328.jpg
3MB, 4656x2620px
>>16993027
Dammit prime, just do it like this!
>>
>>16993423
>Not using a paper towel to pull the door handle, or pushing the door open with your boot
But yeah don't know how I didn't think to buy some already. Me dumb.
>>16993695
5/7 paint skills
>>
>>16992053
It shows in your drug test then you are automatically black listed. Just don't do it.
>>
File: 1442374123172.gif (704KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1442374123172.gif
704KB, 500x400px
>>16993695
I have to do it the way they ask me to. They won't let me out of the gate unless I secure it like its done in the pictures they give me.
>>
File: IMG_0306.png (676KB, 927x1650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0306.png
676KB, 927x1650px
>>16993762
I know, I kinda miss my S pen. I used that magnificent beast to craft avant-garde ART
>>
>>16993828
I miss my SPen too. Traded Note 4 for LG V20. Actually it just got stolen in Vegas.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>16993826
Tell them that *I* said that that way is retarded and hard on the trailer, and that I won't let you leave until you fix it.

I'll wait.
>>
>>16993845
Ugh m8 no sandals at the truck stop showers
>>
>>16993853
I'm a barefoot hiker. If I don't wear shoes in the forest full of bear shit, why should I freak out about a shower that only has piss and semen on it?
>>
File: U0gZ5gq.jpg (83KB, 558x744px) Image search: [Google]
U0gZ5gq.jpg
83KB, 558x744px
>>16993845
>Them gams
Your trip name should incorporate the fact that every photo you post has your legs in them.

>>16993826
If you feel that it's unsafe, refuse to do it the way they say to and alert both your dispatch and load securement manager/safety officer as to the situation. Be clear and concise on why you believe its unsafe, and don't get angry.
>>
>>16993894
I agree. Where were you when I had my new name contest?

Also, I think you're giving poor Prime too much credit when it comes to "having any opinions at all about unsafe securement practices"
>>
>>16993695
Finally, someone else that can throw a chain.

>>16993772
Skipshoot?
>>
>>16993936
Sadly, I think it's becoming a bit of a dying skill. Even the guys at my new company hook the chain hook to the rub rail. Makes me cringe every time.
>>
>>16993964
At least Roehl taught that part right. Wonder how many shit-tier companies don't.
>>
File: scruffy-the-janitor.jpg (28KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
scruffy-the-janitor.jpg
28KB, 540x540px
>>16981118
>mfw I always read /tfg/ OP's in Scruffy's voice
>>
>>16994034
Prison ain't so bad. You can make sangria in the turlet. Course its shank or be shanked.
>>
>>16993845
i wish spoilers were back

RIP /mo/
>>
>>16993936
If only I took more pics of when I was floating asphalt gear around the place.
>>
File: 20151001_GunSafety.jpg (341KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
20151001_GunSafety.jpg
341KB, 900x1273px
>>16993932
I cast my vote for either Legfag or Legolas, if you're into Middle Earth.

And you're probably right about the safety factor. My CDL acquisition wasn't the normal route, so I missed out on the joys of the megas.
>>
File: just_admit_it_already.png (640KB, 750x596px) Image search: [Google]
just_admit_it_already.png
640KB, 750x596px
>>
>>16993868
>What are communicable diseases?
this is the real reason you don't drop the soap
>>
>>16994394
I like Legolas, thats clever. Too bad you didn't make doubles. :'(

Also, keeping the thread on topic, cooking is trucking related. Here's some dreck I made.
>>
File: IMG_0329.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0329.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>16994532
I said, here's some dreck I made
>>
>>16994394
>My CDL acquisition wasn't the normal route, so I missed out on the joys of the megas.

Same, all within road construction. Walked straight into hazmat tanker from a straight truck.
>>
>>16994542
>box top education

The memes of american education are real
>>
>>16994531
True, but the most serious thing you could contract is ringworm, and you're just as likely to get that from a poorly sanitized towel than walking around and picking one up on the floor.
>>
>>16994585
lol yup it's pretty retarded.

Basically, you cut out these little cardboard or paper tabs and collect them to bring to your kids school where they're massed up and either sent back to the company for a cash rebate or discarded.

I think each tab is worth like, $0.10

It's a brilliant marketing strategy bc the schools don't have the heart to tell these parents that their fucking tabs are more hassle than they're worth
>>
File: IMG_3441.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3441.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>16993310
Nope. Straight trucks are just as shitty.

>tfw worst coffee ever
>>
>>16994729
Is that a coffee enema?
>>
File: IMG_3429.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3429.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>16994755
I mean an enema probably tastes better.

My main qualm is that there is barely any fucking caffeine. So instead of pressing the "Coffee" button twice to fill up my mug, I press "Coffee" once and "Espresso" 5 times. The espresso just means more syrup and less water and it still sucks.

I just try and schedule a 7-11 early in the AM and steal a cup of coffee from there. They have a decent house blend. Anybody try Cumberland Farms? Not a big fan tbqhwy.
>>
>>16994819
Nah brah, we're truckers.

We only get to choose between pilot and loves brand (which are both pretty good desu) or sometimes there will be a Dunkin' Donuts or a Tim hortons in the truck stop.

I didn't mention petro/TA coffee bc it's putrid piss water desu
>>
>>16994873
Is Petro/TA that bad?

Sucks because most people stepped up their coffee game in recent years. Dunkin is always solid, I'll hit the drive thru for a large hot black ($2.22 all day) since it is right on the way to work.
>>
>>16994879
DD is my shit, I usually get the cold brew. But buy a French Press if you don't want to deal with trash coffee.

Also, is it possible to use those compressor driven mini fridges in trucks? Or do I need to buy the meme trucker ones?
>>
>>16994879
DD is god awful. I'd take mom and pop stale hot plate coffee over it.

>>16995060
Get a marine rated refrigerator. You can't turn them upside down without blowing out the compressor, but the marine models can handle the few dozen degrees of tilt you'll get in a truck.
>>
File: Dank_memes.jpg (59KB, 800x569px) Image search: [Google]
Dank_memes.jpg
59KB, 800x569px
>Not drinking McCafe coffee whenever possible

>Not having a couple of hot, delicious McDoubles to go with every cup of rich, steaming, fresh brewed McCafe coffee you get throughout the day

It's like you guys don't even want to be fat truckers.

>MFW while the crew on one of the other hot oilers was hard at work polishing the chrome on their unit to a mirror shine earlier today, my lazy fuck of a coworker was too busy putting a winch on his quad in another bay to help me with any of the maintenance I wanted to get done on our truck

Fuck me, I can't wait until the new unit they have in paint is finished and I get to switch to it with a better mentor.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170411-012047.png (884KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170411-012047.png
884KB, 1440x2560px
Guize, they're selling meme machines.

https://www.truckpaper.com/listings/trucks/for-sale/7097763/2016-marchi-mobile-mmpro
>>
>>16995435
And here I was, thinning coes were already as ugly as possible.
>>
File: 1478458281490101798.jpg (164KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
1478458281490101798.jpg
164KB, 800x449px
>>16995435
>$345,000 for a tractor

I could buy a fully rigged up 40 tonne winch truck and a matching trailer for less than that.
>>
>>16995452
These are all custom ordered and handmade, so despite being abortions, they're priced right.
>>
>>16995258
Thanks m80, they're expensive but it's better than eating out.
>>
>>16995618
I think mine was around $700, but it's been ticking away for three years now.
>>
>>16995060
buy an engel and never look back
>>
>>16990804
So that's why Indiana Jack quit trucking for Knight
>>
>>16995060
>is it possible to use those compressor driven mini fridges in trucks?
Yes and No, my company pays for and installs inverters, fridges and microwaves. The understand that they are sending you out to make them money and as such they should supply some bare minimums to live with,.
>>
>>16996088
I meant to add that they only buy fridges with a swing motor as they last alot longer than standard compressor motors.
>>
File: Kenworth_50th_5.jpg (84KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
Kenworth_50th_5.jpg
84KB, 576x432px
Genworth :DD
>>
>>16996106
combined with a 4 axle trailer it can gross 56 TONNES
>>
File: heavy-haulage4.jpg (215KB, 988x535px) Image search: [Google]
heavy-haulage4.jpg
215KB, 988x535px
>>16996112
Needs a 5 axle (if it's truck and trailer) to gross over 50 tonnes in New Zealand. They call them 50MAX. Althoguh some combinations can get up to 60 tonnes without needing a pilot vehicle for oversize.
>>
>>16996144
that picture will upset americans
>>
>>16996149
pls explain? Is it the axles? can americans not count past 2 trailer axles?
>>
>>16996155
Just look up the USA bridge law.
If they adopted 1st world axle weights and logbook laws, productivity for truckers would increase quite a bit.
>>
>>16996160
I should have added, that they should also incorporate 1st world road building practices.
>>
File: 572219760.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
572219760.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
>>16996160
>log book laws
It's pretty good here in New Zealand, cant comment on anywhere else though
You can drive 13 hours a day then take a 10 hour break.
But every 5.5 hours you need to take a 0.5 hour break,

So you can
Drive 5.5 hours (5.5)
Rest 0.5 (6)
Drive 5.5 (11.5)
Rest 0.5 (12)
Drive 2.0 (14)
Rest 10 (24)

And then you start again, but you can only drive up to 70 hours before you have to take a minimum 24 hour rest, so if you wanted to you can drive 6 days per week, with saturday being slightly shorter and get sunday off. Way better than the cucked american system, which I still dont actually understand
>>
>>16996185
'Murica is similar.
8hrs max before taking a .5hr break
11hrs max driving time in a work day
When you first go on duty for the day, there's a 14hr clock that starts counting down and doesn't stop. When it runs out you can no longer drive.
Once you're done for the day, you take a minimum 10hr break.
You get 70hrs max of combined On-duty (not driving) and drive time per week.
Take a 34hr break to reset your 70.
>>
File: 20170411_061259.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170411_061259.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Nyc to some hicktown pa then back to nyc
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>16996374
>CEL
Meanwhile in the KW... no lights at all.
>>
>>16996401
Max quality
>>
File: 20170411_063833.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170411_063833.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
My seat chewed through the backwall
>>
>>16996241
>You get 70hrs max of combined On-duty (not driving) and drive time per week.
When did 8 days become a week?
>>
>>16996501
Since America said it was
>>
>>16996185
I still think Australia has it sorted o5uth with this schedule. Should just be standard IMO.
https://www.nhvr.gov.au/safety-accreditation-compliance/fatigue-management/work-and-rest-requirements/basic-fatigue
>>
Morning bros. I know you guys are truck drivers so you are somewhat open minded but I am going to need you to be extra prepared for this one.

I am not asking you to like her. I just want you to admit that under the right circumstances, you would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ATZccUeJEk&t=3s
>>
I've hit my two years doing reefer. What are some good next level companies to consider? I'd really like 1.5 days for each week out.
>>
File: 1450010817513.jpg (23KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
1450010817513.jpg
23KB, 500x414px
>>16995561
You gonna get one when they come out with a tandem drive axle version?

>>16996829
Would what? You have to be specific. Lotta virgin weebs up in here that won't know what you're inferring.

>>16996501
Not long after the Beatles single 8 Days A Week came debuted on American radio stations in 1965, inspiring them to increase the week by an additional day.
>>
>>16996908
>1965
Fuckin kek

>>16996829
Maybe if she were Latina
>>
>>16996017
I'll look around for one, I don't have a ton to spend right now though.

>>16996091
We get inverters and CBs which is even more than Swift offered, but still it'd be nice to have a decked out interior like that.

Is it true that Swift is buying Knight? I read an article about it yesterday but they didn't cite anything.
>>
>>16998014
Lel that would probably make Knight slightly better. Them and that flower company that starts with an "A" tried to recruit me so fucking hard just from finding my email on a job site. Like literally scheduling an interview for me and emailing me to come at this time on this day without me ever applying.
>>
File: 20170411_045705.jpg (542KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170411_045705.jpg
542KB, 2048x1152px
>>16998014
odds are good, they're both owned by investors so it makes sense. i know knight is having a motherfucker of a time getting people to agree to that sliding scale bullshit. plus itll probably bump swifts driver iq a few points. at least safety wise.
>>16998489
yeah, they are a desperate bunch for sure.
>3am cant sleep
>decide to go get groceries and be somewhat productive
>front of wallmart looks like an RV stop
>back looks like a truck stop
i even had people asking me for cash
>mfw felt like i was back at work
you gotta be pretty ballzy to ask someone for cash at 3 in the god damn morning.. i was the only one who wasnt there to deliver or beg apparently
>>
>>16998545
I fucking hate bums and people asking me for shit so much. Especially while working. So glad I got out of the hood.
>>
>>16998545
>>front of wallmart looks like an RV stop
>>back looks like a truck stop

That seems to happen for large stores. The one I work at has the car park filled with vans overnight. And not just our own delivery vans; every other fucker who lives nearby and owns a van feels like taking advantage of the security and lighting.
>>
>>16996829
I'd hit it with a basball bat. Until it stopped moving.
>>
File: haram.jpg (8KB, 190x169px) Image search: [Google]
haram.jpg
8KB, 190x169px
>>16995435

>Volvo powered
>Automatic
>>
>>16993932
Leg Day
>>
File: 1470017965294.jpg (83KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
1470017965294.jpg
83KB, 640x481px
>MFW I got to go out on one of the newer Western Star hot oiler units today and realized just how much nicer they are than the little old Kenworth unit I usually work on

Fuck. It was like night and day how much nicer it was. I'll snap some photos of it manaña.
>>
Got a case of coronas and a liquored up Dominican girl in my room tonight. Rip my dick.

>>17000174
Congrats on your breaking your q u a l i t y cherry.
>>
File: S4l9z821.png (962KB, 692x692px) Image search: [Google]
S4l9z821.png
962KB, 692x692px
>>17001167
>gualidy :DDDDD
It wasn't just the cab, the way the mounted equipment is set up and laid out on the other units is much better than the one I usually am on. Different fabricators. The one in paint right now is a Western Star as well, so it should be more or less the same.

>liquored up Dominican girl
>rip my dick
If you're not careful, that's exactly what she'll do.
>>
>>17000174
Western Start are just fancy freightliners. Still just as shit and plastic.
>>
>>17001401
k
>>
>>17001269
It's those field serviceable bolts, m8. Autocar used them to promote quality.
>>
File: 1479551673660.png (587KB, 702x612px) Image search: [Google]
1479551673660.png
587KB, 702x612px
>>17001666
>Satanic trips checked

Wat. How far into that case of cerveza are you?

Part of it is just the fact that the Kenworth is older and up until I got onto it, it was treated like the red headed step child of the fleet.

It looks like a whipped dog because my coworker who has been running it for the past two years can't be bothered to maintain it beyond the bare minimum, so there are a bunch of rust spots on the tank and mounted equipment that could easily be remedied if he was willing to put an afternoon in.
>>
>>17001427
t. Lexus driver
>>
>>17001796
12 longnecks at the moment.

Older PACCARs are actually nicer than the plastic shit they've been turning out.
>>
>>16998545
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/10/business/dealbook/knight-swift-transportation-company.html

Says in the article that they're not gonna merge the companies, just share the ownership.
>>
https://youtu.be/4h53h_ngwBQ

Just goes to show how hard eminem had to have hit that utility pole to snap it off like he did.
>>
>>16998489
Flower company?
AF Logistics?
>>
>>17002640
Armellini or some shit? I don't remember.
>>
File: 20170412_054315.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170412_054315.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
We local today
>>
>>17002698
Better you than me.
>>
>>17002738
Idk why people so scared of driving in ny
>>
File: 1460411561702.jpg (138KB, 640x502px) Image search: [Google]
1460411561702.jpg
138KB, 640x502px
Will open top trucks ever be a thing?
>>
>>17002805
Never if they wish to conform to ECE R-29 crash standards.
>>
File: 21330299439_9ede52a0fd_b.jpg (256KB, 1024x687px) Image search: [Google]
21330299439_9ede52a0fd_b.jpg
256KB, 1024x687px
>tfw no K200 twin steer
>>
File: improving home improvement.jpg (403KB, 1878x942px) Image search: [Google]
improving home improvement.jpg
403KB, 1878x942px
>doing Lowesfag's job for him today
>>
>>17002769
Because I'm an o/o, and tires are expensive. Also, retardedly expensive tolls and bridge fees, traffic, and roads that aren't designed for a vehicle bigger than a horse-powered carriage.
>>
>>17003261
Lel I deliver to Lowes too. But like 20 cases of Mountain Dew. Not today tho.
>>
>>17002769
Not scared per say, but hours and hours of stop and go traffic is frustrating for someone used to driving out in the boonies.
>>
>>17002805
r.i.p. drivers hearing
>>
File: iG88j6o.jpg (97KB, 1005x1261px) Image search: [Google]
iG88j6o.jpg
97KB, 1005x1261px
>>17002805
What a zany idea. I drove a couple of Kenworth T800s with aftermarket sunroofs in the past, and those were leaky and noisy enough let alone having no fucking top at all.
>>
>>17003298
The roads are plenty big, i take off peoples mirrors daily /shrug
>>
>>16993845
Why don't you guys pay for a motel or hotel room to shower?

Why stand in another mans cum for a half hour a day?
>>
>>17004145
There's so much stupid in this post that it has to be bait but I'm just bored enough to take it.
>Why don't you go out of your way to pay $60 to use a hotel shower instead of using the free shower you got at the truck stop you're already at?
Also what the fuck kind of shower are you taking that takes 30 minutes?
>>
>>17004175
Not bait

I don't know how much truckers make but I was under the impression it was a comfortable living. I barely make a comfortable living and spending 60 bucks every two days isn't going to break me

Is 30mins too much or too little? I usually take my time in the shower and reflect on life
>>
>>17004191
Trucker earnings run the gamut from barely average to lavish, but no matter how much money you make, it makes no sense whatsoever to drive to a hotel to pay to use a shower when you could just walk inside the building you fueled at and take one for free.
>>
>>17004252
I would pay almost an unlimited amount of money to not have to stand in a puddle of cum and have truckers pooping in the same room while I'm showering
>>
>>17004265
If you're standing in an unclean shower or someone else is in the same room while you're showing, the only explanation would be that you somehow broke into someone else's bathroom.
Do you often form completely uneducated opinions?
>>
>>17004265
You do realize that trucker cum/piss is *mostly* (not exclusively) but mostly a meme at this point, right?

Modern truck stop showers are private rooms with large shower stalls that, at the larger chains usually get squeegeed out and wiped down with Lysol after every shower.

They're far from luxury elite, but every truck stop shower I've ever had has been way cleaner than the worst $39.99 hotels I've stayed at (it was a days inn in Benton harbor btw)
>>
I've just wrapped up my first year driving as a team. Kill me now.

Who else thinks making new drivers run sleep deprived team should be illegal?
>>
>>17005232
I wish there was an alternate to new drivers having to team but I can't think of what could replace it. I wanted to die the 6 weeks I teamed I was so tired.
>>
>>17005286
>Meanwhile, Skyline, a small family-owned operation has trainers in the passenger seat the entire time a trainee is driving
It's almost as if Skyline treats their newbies as an investment or something…
>>
what happened to the leper? was an interesting story
>>
When is bepsi coming to li
>>
File: 20170330_112437.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170330_112437.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>17005883
We are penske
>>
>>17005883
Where?
>>
>>17005930
Long island
>>
>>17005941
Why the fuck would I come there? I can't stand that accent, makes me want to take a couple screwdrivers, heat up the tips with a torch until red hot, and jam them into my earholes as far as they will go.
>>
File: 1492014584373.jpg (1MB, 1403x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1492014584373.jpg
1MB, 1403x1036px
The fancy Wesdern Sdar hod oiler :DDDDD
>>
any truckerbros in here ever have any luck getting hired into a local job fresh out of CDL schools? I, of course, had a bunch of people tell me it was easily doable and here I am a month later not hearing back from anyone. I didn't want to do OTR but it sure looks like I have no other chance.
>>
>>17006449
I never did OTR and I got that job at Pepsi. Took forever between applying and actually getting the job tho. I think I originally applied in December and started working in April.

Summer is coming up. That normally means busy time for a number of different industries that need trucks so it's probably better you are applying now and not in like October.
>>
File: IMG_7362.jpg (837KB, 2250x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7362.jpg
837KB, 2250x3000px
>>17006449
Try lowes, pepsi, sysco, 7up, memenards, equipment rental companies. They're alwaya looking for drivers. I got pretty lucky and got hired at a lowes about a year ago, two months after getting my class a. It's a job driving a straight truck with a forklift on back but they still required class a for some reason. Really chill. As long as my deliveries get done there's no supervision or micromanaging. I finish my loads early and usually finish with 3 sometimes 4 hours on "stand by". Stand by meaning doing whatever the fuck I want until i clock out. Just last week I napped two hours and took a 30 min shit while getting paid. I' say steer away from pepsi and sysco unless you're really desperate. Lot of physical labor.
>>
>>17006498
good to know. thank you.

do you like your job? to be honest I've never had any interest in driving a big dry van trailer, I've wanted to do flatbed. but I live in the Denver area and would absolutely dread driving through a tight, busy city all day. I applied for several flatbed/lowboy companies that initially said they would consider an inexperienced driver with a very good reference from an instructor. so here I am with a glowing reference, clean MVR and the best test scores my school has ever had and nobody will give me the time of day. my instructor said he could easily get me in with Melton but my fiancee doesn't want me to do OTR especially with our wedding less than 6 months away.

the only local job my instructor said he could easily get me in with is Freshpack, they deliver to Whole Foods but it's 7 days a week most of the year.
>>
>>17006509
that doesn't sound like a bad gig. no Memenards in Denver but there are plenty of Lowes in my area. I'll look into that right now. thank you.
>>
>>17006521
>>17006525

sure enough there is a Lowes looking for a driver 8 miles from me. filling out an application now.
>>
File: 1492035804762_20170412170231534.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492035804762_20170412170231534.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>17005599
From what I remember, Pam Balam raised a stink with his management about the guy, who apparently hadn't reported his condition to the company, and subsequently the leper got a bus ride home, and Pam ended up quitting not long after.
>>
>>17006525
Be sure to ask about deliveries. Who pulls the orders. My store has a night crew so we have a dedicated load puller. I know some other lowes don't however. And then the driver has to pull his own load, which is still not too bad as long as they don't schedule > 3 deliveries. If you make it to the interview ask about pay. Don't take lower than the market in your area. What do the ads in denver say for class a drivers? 20/hr?
>>
>>17006636
I'll ask about that. Pay in Denver is all over the place, I've seen anywhere from $17-25/hr but I can sell myself pretty well so I'll always shoot high when it comes to that and have a minimum figure in mind. at my last job I was averaging close to $30/hr. so I'm going to be taking a loss regardless, but I can't go back to working at a dealership again so it is what it is.
>>
>>17006658
Why you get out of the dealer life? Scamming people get the best of you? The comission seems comfy.
>>
>>17006670
Got caught fucking a Hyundai Tuscon.
>>
>>17005998
Thats where the real trucking is
>>
>>17006764
t. outer borough loser that voted for Lhota
>>
>>17006670
I was in service, not sales. I was tired of being a punching bag for the general public, my job relied on CSI but it was impossible to please all of the snooty fucks in south Denver. I'd get bad surveys because people didn't like the flavors of coffee available and that's the shit my job and my pay depend on. management didn't care about the advisors, in fact they were quick to throw us under the bus because if our CSI was low they paid us less and our pay came our of theirs. for the record I tried my best to be honest with people, not sell them shit they didn't need and cut them breaks if I could. I was constantly reprimanded for that too.
>>
>>17006636
so about 3 minutes after I submitted the assessment, I got a phone call from Lowes HR and have an interview at 11:00 tomorrow. so thank you very much for that recommendation. anything else I should know or ask?
>>
>>17002805
>It works better
So no Lucas electronics?
>>
>>17005998

Your shitty drivers have infested Long Island. Every time I see a car with no front plate driving like a dipshit, it's some mouthbreather from florida

Go fuck yourself
>>
File: tandem.jpg (618KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tandem.jpg
618KB, 1920x1080px
>>17006933
Do they already have a driver? Lowe's usually hires two drivers to have coverage 7 days a week.
If they have a second driver go kinda early before the interview to scope things out. Driver should be there early so maybe 6.30am/7ish. That way you can ask him questions about the store. Ask him what the atmosphere is, if someone pulls his loads for him or he does it himself, how management is with him. When I first got hired they tried to keep the senior driver and me separated so we didn't discuss pay and stuff. Ask him what they started him at or what he's at right now so you know you won't get screwed when you discuss pay rate with HR. If no driver then ask the PRO services guy how they manage their deliveries.

At interview ask about hours/days off/benefits. Lowe's is on a rotation schedule so every employee gets at least one weekend a month. Unfortunately that means your might 7 days in a row some days. Don't worry tho 'cause most drivers arrange something between each other. For example me, the senior driver has a sickly wife and he takes her on appointments so he needs weekdays off. That means he's off MON/TUE while I get SAT/SUN. But that's rare. A store near us the drivers go FRI/SAT and SUN/MON so you they still get two days in a row. Ask about over time. Lowe's usually doesn't like giving out OT so it'd be a good idea to be informed. You most likely will get early shift. 6-3. Unless they do that coverage bullshit where one driver is 6-3 and the other is 8-5. If that happens the 8-5 driver will be in the store pulling orders until the 6-3 comes back from deliveries. I'm with the other driver 6-3 at the same time so on tough deliveries we spot each other (or if I'm hungover/sleep deprived from the night before he drives) which is pretty good.
>>
File: 1483839932910.jpg (143KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
1483839932910.jpg
143KB, 760x760px
>>17006933
>>17007190
No such thing as overselling yourself. Tell 'em you got a good rec from trucking school, clean driving record, customer service skills from previous job, quick learner for when you learn the forklifts, aim for a high per hour. If they called you as soon as you finished the assessment means they're desperate. Same thing happened with me. Applied on SAT and by MON they had me coming in for interview. I was the first driver to apply in 3 months. You can negotiate. Lie.
With me they gave me an offer letter after the interview offering me an amount. I told them that Pepsi was also giving me an offer to go with them. Lowe's managed to bump their initial offer by almost two dollars. Which is not too bad.
>>
File: yea.png (629KB, 594x593px) Image search: [Google]
yea.png
629KB, 594x593px
>>17006858
Yup, welcome to the real world. This is unfortunately a concept that most liberals don't understand which is why they can shamelessly plug their delusional socialist ideologies.
>>
>>17007251
r9k autist detected
>>
>>17007251
Just really, incredibly awkward and cringey.
>>
>>17007251
Imagine an America where you had to work like 80 hours as a cashier in a fast food joint or gas station in a low income neighborhood before you could vote. This would become the most socially conservative capitalistic country on the planet.
>>
>>17007439
>Cashiers
>Capitalistic

lol they can't even afford weed
>>
File: IMG_3483.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3483.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>17006521
Idk, it can be a pain in the ass some days (like today) but I work on my own, work at my own pace (either fast or really fast) and get to go home to my own bed every night.

Just a heads up if you do something like that, you're going to work hard but it gets easier after you get a few months in so don't get discouraged right away. And you'll probably have to work a job like that for a year or two before you can get a nice and easy flatbed local gig.

>>17007100
Lel half the reason the drivers are so shitty down here is because so many of them are from NY and Canada

>tfw coffee grills love me
I already posted how I totally fucked up in regards to this pic in the fishin' thread.
>>
>>17007616
You gotta work on that reading comprehension.
>>
>>17007626
You gotta work on being able to afford your weed.
>>
>>17007653
What's your obsession with weed? Are you high right now or are you just normally incapable of comprehending simple sentences? How do you have conversations with people when you just pick out random words from a sentence and make a guess as to what they said?
>>
>>17007674
Normally I can comprehend weed when I'm obsessed with having conversations with people.

Can't cure gay, though.
>>
>>17006713
Dammit, boy
>>
>>17007265
>>17007288

When Halloween comes around, I dare you to put out a full bowl of candy and tape a small sign above it saying "Only Take One Please" and let me know what happens.
>>
File: 29c.png (371KB, 490x602px) Image search: [Google]
29c.png
371KB, 490x602px
>>17007622
>Canadian drivers

How dare you. I'll have you know that the major city I live in has almost fifty vehicles operating within the city limits. Not all at once of course, that would be chaos.
>>
>>17007694
>Normally I can comprehend weed when I'm obsessed with having conversations with people.
Seems you can't form sentences, either.
>Can't cure gay, though.
Sorry to hear that. Don't worry, our progressive society is becoming more accepting of your kind.
>>
File: 1485160898667.png (841KB, 578x906px) Image search: [Google]
1485160898667.png
841KB, 578x906px
I'll be much too busy admiring those sweet double dubs to be concerned with questions of morality, my man.
>>
>>17007831
>>17007799
>>
>>17007810
How does that even work in Canada?

I mean, if there is only one road, how do the trucks turn around when they get to the end?
>>
>>17007816
>you just pick out random words from a sentence and make a guess as to what they said?
You should read more too, senpai
>>
>>17007988
>I can comprehend weed
If you think that sentence makes sense in this context, then you also need a dictionary.
>>
>>17008009
>pick out random words
It's not supposed to. Try reading it again.
>>
>>17008042
It is supposed to. " I can comprehend weed" is the independent clause in that sentence, and "when I'm obsessed with having conversations with people" is the adverb clause that modifies the independent clause and specifies when the independent clause happens. "I can comprehend weed", at least in the context of this conversation, makes no sense. It could be argued that technically one can comprehend weed, but it's incredibly awkward and three would be better ways to express that thought. The point is, your sentence doesn't make any sense, even with the "when" clause.
Also, none of this changes the fact that you failed comprehending my initial statement.
>>
>>17008266
/autism

tl;dr read more
>>
File: hat.jpg (43KB, 564x447px) Image search: [Google]
hat.jpg
43KB, 564x447px
>>17007935
At the ends of The Road, they built a roundabout so the trucks just turn around and start heading back the other way.
>>
>>17008310
Nice rebuttal. Keep being stupid.
>>
File: 989.jpg (7KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
989.jpg
7KB, 300x199px
>>17008391
>>17008310
>>17008266
>>17008042
>>17008009
>>17007988
>>17007816
>>17007694
>>17007674
>>17007653
>>17007626
>>17007616
>>17007439

Personally, I think you are equals in being both mentally and socially retarded.

This embarrassing exchange serves to provide ample evidence to support my opinion.
>>
>>17008391
>>17008485
>busriders
>>
>>17008599
I'd rather be a busrider than fucking illiterate.
>>
>>17008485
You can fuck off. I won't disagree that I'm not a sociable person but I'm 100% correct in the linguistic portion of this exchange.
>>
>>17008631
>implying there's a difference
>>
>>17007190
I honestly have no idea what they've currently got for staff. I drove by to check it out and just saw an old Sterling tandem flatbed with a forklift, but nobody in sight. I've got a good list of questions ready for the interview.

I suppose I probably should have asked this sooner but I take it the flatbed primarily delivers lumber? I noticed in the job listing that it said something about appliance delivery and installation but I would have guessed that was more geared toward the box trucks?

>>17007217
oh yeah I can sell the shit out of myself. that's something I'm very good at which is why I'm frustrated that I can't even get in for an interview elsewhere. I'm going go to tell them I've got an offer for more money for less desirable work and that I'm torn and see what I can get out of them.

>>17007251
you must be fun at parties.
>>
File: five.png (508KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
five.png
508KB, 555x555px
>>17008985
>flatbed primarily delivers lumber?
curbside construction material
pavers, blocks, concrete, lumber, tile, gravel bag/sand
we'll take the occasional door/shower door but only if palletized
ask them if they expect you to put shit into people's houses. because i won't do that shit. wherever the forklift goes is about it. if the quantity is small and the customer is not a douche i'll help to put it inside or something but that's not the norm. appliances all go on box trucks. like the one here >>17003261
>>
File: 20170413_045434.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170413_045434.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Eyyyy time to start dodging bridges bitches
>>
>>17009585
If you watch that one 11'6" video on Youtube, like half of the trucks are Penske rentals.

Also I'm pretty sure their straight trucks have a ton of stickers inside and out saying "Careful! 12'6"!" and people still rip the roofs off.
>>
Now it is I who is the Bepis. Hand over your tripcode, imposter.
>>
>>17010106
>no newports
>no fish
1/10 made me reply.
>>
>>17010106
I'm the real Imposter.
>>
>>16981118
>bald guy named Janet

Hue Hue hue
How dafuq did she dox herself
>>
>>17010115
>>17010207

Also, I'm picking up a load going to Florida, and I can't seal the deal with Latinas. Where is your carbonated god now?
>>
Are any of you responsible for all those serial killings on "the highway of tears"

I figure trucker+4chan=serial murderer
>>
>>17010249
The 'tism causes them to be far too shy to even touch a woman
>>
File: 1468447425826.jpg (45KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1468447425826.jpg
45KB, 720x405px
>>17010249
With the range of the disappearances, a trucker or someone that travels for work on that stretch would make sense.

Having lived in a couple of different towns along along Highway 16 as a kid, there are some lonely stretches in between communities.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>17010115
>>
>>17010338
But where's the fish?
>>
>>17010360
Holding the camera. Duh.
>>
>>17010332
So you know all the best spots to hide the bodies.
>>
>>17010382
>"Hey massa, where you want dese here cases of iced coffee? I bring em in real good for ya!"

>>17010417
Considering how heavily forested central and northern BC is, one has the pick of the litter when it comes to isolated spots.
>>
File: 1492095439532.jpg (1MB, 1770x996px) Image search: [Google]
1492095439532.jpg
1MB, 1770x996px
>TFW it's snowing and 0°C in the middle of April

Fugging Ganadian weather.
>>
>>17009952
Im 13 6 with tt
>>
File: 20170413_122337.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170413_122337.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
Any of you boys want to grease my fifth wheel?
>>
>>17010723
The straight trucks are 12'6". Most people who they rent a semi truck to realize the thing is 13'6" tall. The 26' box truck is a different story. Dude who is moving and rented the Penske truck because his Honda Civic won't fit all of his wife's son's toys, that is the guy who is going to try and go under that 11' bridge.
>>
Start baking, Canadabro.
>>
>>17006080
>lolnoasphalt work environment
>polished chrome
That crew is legit. This must be the pair you mentioned the other day while your "trainer" was stancefagging his quad.
>>
>>17005599
>>17006569
He posted a couple of weeks back that he had a flatbed job running rebar in the Midwest.
>>
>>17011780
Yup. One of them is on holidays, and the Kenworth I am usually on is down for some repairs and a CVIP, so I am hanging out with the other guy on that crew for a couple of weeks.
>>
>319 posts
>page 9

New thread: >>17012504

>>17012504

>>17012504
>>
>>17012508

Delete and remake for title? Or does it not work because you posted in it.
>>
>>17012550
Deleted and reposted - this time with a title!

>>17012579
>>
>>17010332
Where the fuck did you live? There's nothing up there dude
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.